Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Okay I got my new avatar up. Relaxed today. I realize I need to trim but I'm scared to do it myself. I can get my mom to do it. That's funny...not scared to self relax but scared to cut. What is that about? I did things very different than in the past bc of what I read on here:

Sectioned my hair (made it easier and somehow faster to apply)
Used applicator brush (used to use hands with no gloves)
Only left it on for 25 minutes (used to leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour)

I did blowdry but when I wash next week I will attempt a rollerset. We will see how that goes.

Oh yeah, don't you love my pink bathroom? My condo building is as old has me so I that's why I have a lovely pink bathroom :lachen:!

Sounds like you're really taking charge of your hair :yep:. And yes, pink bathrooms rock :lachen:.

Hairdrama--Let us know how that goes.

Thanks Galadriel & Fiya'slovechild! I'm trying. Now I am working on clearing out space for all these products I will be getting in the mail. I also need to go to the store too :grin:! I have attached some pictures. I told you my bathroom is pink...

Attachments

• 0902081835[1] (2).jpg
    0902081835[1] (2).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 0902081836[1] (2).jpg
    0902081836[1] (2).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1
hi i'd like to join i'm 18 months post relaxer,ear length and currently in braids,hoping to achieve great results like y'all

Hairdrama--Let us know how that goes.

Thanks Galadriel & Fiya'slovechild! I'm trying. Now I am working on clearing out space for all these products I will be getting in the mail. I also need to go to the store too :grin:! I have attached some pictures. I told you my bathroom is pink...
You sound like me. i always have something arriving in the mail. the mail guy at school knows me by name and knows all the companies i get stuff from now:blush::lachen:i love it!
hi i'd like to join i'm 18 months post relaxer,ear length and currently in braids,hoping to achieve great results like y'all
:welcome4: glad to have you. Just post your current regi and a starting picture. :yep:

Hey ya'll.
Just checkin in.
Doing the school thing so I can't be on as much.
Still in the throes of my long-term transition. Though I've been fighting urges to throw a relaxer in it when I'm out of my braids. LOL
I just think of all the detangling and stuff and....I'm just feeling really lazy these days. Thank God for braids or I would've either relaxed and hacked it off in one of those cute little stacked bobs.

BUT--still rocking these braids to death. Been braided up for a month. Getting some pretty good growth.
I may stay braided up until Jan because I know I'm not going to want to do anything with it until then.

HEY NEWBIE FOLK!!!

:wavey:

Hi all,

Just checking in, it’s been quite some time seen I’ve posted. I have not straighten my hair for 2 month “unintentionally”, I normally rollerset at least once a month and check length but I guess I got you girls “summer syndrome” and rocked a lot of braidouts and protective styles...:lachen:. Here’s how I wore my hair the past months:

This FB was done on straight hair, but I just didn't have a pic for the ones I did during summer...:ohwell:

French twist on air dried hair

I did the curl with a carusso roller...:grin:

I'm using a banana clip on this pic, fresh twistout pony

Same, few days later

A fresh braidout

2 days old curls from flexirods, again didn't take pics of the fresh one :wallbash:

:thatsall: looking forward to relax my hair (and check length) next week...:grin:

Girl, your hair is SOOOO pretty! So creative! LOVES IT!

I JUST updated my fotki. Did I make APL? You will have to check it out to find out!! Hehe I know I know, I'm horrible :giggle:

www.fotki.com/lenaserene

Sorry, due to an ever-increasing amount of LURKERS and/or WEIRDOS, you have to go to my profile About Me to get the PW.

Thanks for all your support...you guys are great :bighug:

Girl, I got some weirdo dude on mine asking me to contact him. I deleted the doggone comment. None of my pics show my face. That's how I knew he was a weirdo...:perplexed

Anywhoo...I'd say on the first pic you are APL! COngrats!!!:grin:

:welcome4: Welcome llpttp!!!!!

YEP!!! ^^^What she said!^^^:lachen:

:welcome4: Whew, I can't wait until I'm 18 months post....you're my new she-ro:drunk:

Hi, all! I just updated my FOTKI with some September pics. Anywhoo...here is my update pic for September...

I washed and roller set, then flat ironed roots. It came out real good, like I had a fresh relaxer:grin:

Attachments

• 100_5395.jpg
    100_5395.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hey girls, checking in! Welcome llpttp, TaurusAngel, and Anilove:drunk:! Just like Phoenixx, i'm back to school:nono:. I wish I had heard of LHCF at the beginning of the summer, it would have done wonders to my hair. BTW FindingMe, your hair looks so beautiful:yep:! I'm cowashing every day and doing the wash & go thing. It's working out ok. My hair feels really soft and looks healthy but I just had a relaxer two weeks ago and I can't find a good product that will release my curls really nicely when I do the wash & go. I also just ordered OCT! I had to, after reading posts from girls who had the most amazing results in such a short time! I gotta get out of NL asap:wallbash:. Have a good day!

Hey girls, checking in! Welcome llpttp, TaurusAngel, and Anilove:drunk:! Just like Phoenixx, i'm back to school:nono:. I wish I had heard of LHCF at the beginning of the summer, it would have done wonders to my hair. BTW FindingMe, your hair looks so beautiful:yep:! I'm cowashing every day and doing the wash & go thing. It's working out ok. My hair feels really soft and looks healthy but I just had a relaxer two weeks ago and I can't find a good product that will release my curls really nicely when I do the wash & go. I also just ordered OCT! I had to, after reading posts from girls who had the most amazing results in such a short time! I gotta get out of NL asap:wallbash:. Have a good day!

Thanks, Armelle! :grin: Let us kno- the results after you've been using the OCT for a minute...

Girl, have you tried the Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner (my siggy). I swear this stuff gives me coils where there was only frizz before...It does have cones:ohwell:, but I LOVE it!

lol, Armelle, this is Fiya'slovechild. I guess i need to let ya'll know i changed my username!!!!!!!!! :D

Hey ladies, just checking in!! I finally relaxed my hair yesterday after 12 weeks. I started using OCT around 7/20-8/30 2/3 times a week to the scalp only. I could have used it more but, I really wasn't into rinsing my hair everyday. I got a Mizani Butter Blend touch up, with a Moroccan Oil treatment for a DC. My stylist trimmed about 1 inch, because of split ends. My hair still gained some good length, so I'm happy.

Attachments

• 07-26-08.jpg
    07-26-08.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2
  • hair progress 00031.jpg
    hair progress 00031.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2
Hello! Count me in as well. I just joined a few weeks ago & hadn't lurked previously. I don't have a regime but i've purchased a few products based on what I've read - MT being one of them. I just started a hair journal. So once i get it together I'll post. Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

Slim thick you hair looks great! Its so long & shiny. I am about 6 weeks post relaxer & looking for a new stylist. The lady I like the most has rec. Mizani BB - I plan to try when I'm 8-10 weeks post. I have never stretched at all - so I'm in new territory at 6 weeks post.

Hello! Count me in as well. I just joined a few weeks ago & hadn't lurked previously. I don't have a regime but i've purchased a few products based on what I've read - MT being one of them. I just started a hair journal. So once i get it together I'll post. Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

Slim thick you hair looks great! Its so long & shiny. I am about 6 weeks post relaxer & looking for a new stylist. The lady I like the most has rec. Mizani BB - I plan to try when I'm 8-10 weeks post. I have never stretched at all - so I'm in new territory at 6 weeks post.

:welcome: aboard!!!!!!!

Hairdrama - thanks for the welcome! :) I was just viewing your hair pics a few pages back. Your hair is beautiful! Great styling ideas.

Slim Thick--You hair has definately gained some length. It looks beautiful. Just like gdivant I plan to use Mizani the next time I relax. I will use Mizani for Senstive Scalps.

Gdivant--Welcome! This will be my first time stretching also. I'm going to 10 weeks. I think I will be fine. New growth has never really bothered me.

Hey ladies, just checking in!! I finally relaxed my hair yesterday after 12 weeks. I started using OCT around 7/20-8/30 2/3 times a week to the scalp only. I could have used it more but, I really wasn't into rinsing my hair everyday. I got a Mizani Butter Blend touch up, with a Moroccan Oil treatment for a DC. My stylist trimmed about 1 inch, because of split ends. My hair still gained some good length, so I'm happy.

Girl, your hair is so thick and lovely!!! :yep: JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job!!! You have definitely gained some length and your ends are to die for!!!!:lick: I wish my ends looked like that...

Welcome!!! My advice would be to start out slow with the stretching, amybe adding only 1-2 weeks at a time between relaxers until you reach your goal...I would go ahead and relax at 8 weeks, then next time try strectching for 9-10...:yep: It took me a minute to figure out how to manage my hair bewteen stretches as I was one of those that relaxed religiously every 6 weeks before I joined the board...I think I got up to between 10-12 weeks btw relaxers before I made the deicision to transition. It was hard for me at first...Welcome again!

Your hair looks great Slim!!!!!! I definitely wanna try out this OCT. So many ladies have been gaining wonderfully from it.

:welcome4:

Thanks ladies for all the welcome! :hiya2:

FindingMe - Good idea. I have my 4 mile just 2 days after I reach 8 weeks post. I'll definitely play it by ear. Matter of fact...I think I'll book my appt. and push it back 2 weeks if I can. :grin:

Oops, sorry TaurusAngel (Fiya'slovechild) lol! Welcome Gdivant:welcome3:!
SlimThick your hair looks amazing. I hope my results using Ovation are half as wonderful as yours:yep:! FindingMe, where can I find the Mixed Chicks conditioner? Good night girls:bighug::sleep8:!

Hello Ladies! I'm a Newbie with a short hair cut that is relaxed. I have been taking really good care of my hair. I wash about once a week, sometimes every 5 days depending on how much product is in my hair. I make sure my ends are trimmed also. The only thing I am working on is the HEAT! because I have a short hairstyle that I am growing out, I still use my flat iron. I only flat Iron after my wash and Condition. I make sure to protect my hair before I do also. I was thinking about purchasing a wig so I could give my hair a long term heat break. Oh yeah... I'm on the MT band wagon and hopefully It will work for me. Well, I just wanted to say hello and let everybody know I'm happy to be here!
:wave:

Slim Thick--You hair has definately gained some length. It looks beautiful. Just like gdivant I plan to use Mizani the next time I relax. I will use Mizani for Senstive Scalps.

Gdivant--Welcome! This will be my first time stretching also. I'm going to 10 weeks. I think I will be fine. New growth has never really bothered me.

:welcome: aboard!!!!!!!

Aww.. Thanks guys. I think Mizani is the perfect relaxer for stretching. My hair was so thick from 12 weeks post, I'm still amazed on out straight my hair came out.

Hey Ladies, it's me again. After going through a few pages of this thread, I would like to say something about Ovation Cell Therapy. If I can give any advice to you guys, especially my sista's who are relaxed. I would tell you that OCT is a very STRONG protein treatment, that should never be left on the scalp for more than overnight, or you will see an enormous amount of shedding and breakage. Everyone hair texture is different. A lot of the sista's with natural hair have had great results with applying this product to there hair everyday without washing it out. When I first starting using the product, I applied it to my scalp only, every night and washed my hair every three days. MT & OCT are made by the same company, but OCT is stronger than MT, with protein; per speaking with Ovation customer service.

This product is great and will give you the results your looking for, however I just want all my newbie ladies who plain on using it to be aware that you have to rinse this product out, the next morning or after a few hours.

HHG--

Oops, sorry TaurusAngel (Fiya'slovechild) lol! Welcome Gdivant:welcome3:!
SlimThick your hair looks amazing. I hope my results using Ovation are half as wonderful as yours:yep:! FindingMe, where can I find the Mixed Chicks conditioner? Good night girls:bighug::sleep8:!

http://www.mixedchicks.net/deepconditioner.html I get mine at Curlmart.com:yep:

Hello Ladies! I'm a Newbie with a short hair cut that is relaxed. I have been taking really good care of my hair. I wash about once a week, sometimes every 5 days depending on how much product is in my hair. I make sure my ends are trimmed also. The only thing I am working on is the HEAT! because I have a short hairstyle that I am growing out, I still use my flat iron. I only flat Iron after my wash and Condition. I make sure to protect my hair before I do also. I was thinking about purchasing a wig so I could give my hair a long term heat break. Oh yeah... I'm on the MT band wagon and hopefully It will work for me. Well, I just wanted to say hello and let everybody know I'm happy to be here!
:wave:

Welcome!!!:grin:

Hey ladies, I'm still in the hair growing game. I fell off because I was transfering from Japan to Maryland and had no internet. I also got married and took a little vacation to Jamaica, but I'm back in it now. I have started back with my regi and have joined the Deep Conditioning and Rollersetting Challenges, so hopefully I'll start seeing results soon. One thing I have noticed is that my ends are really dry and starting to tangle so I think it's time for a dusting and some TLC with oil and conditioner. Any other suggestions for ends?

HAPPY GROWING

Back