Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Additionally, what do you ladies do to you hair while its in protective styles? Im wondering if I should wash it or anything? because when it comes out of these braids its gonna be so extra hard...

Welcome, Vanita!

When I'm protective styling, if I've gotten a wash and press (or gotten my hair flat-ironed), I moisturize w/ ORS olive oil (the one in the jar) and seal with a touch of coconut oil or EVOO. Whether I bun it or wear it down, that's what I do.
If I've been co-washing and wearing wet buns or updos, I just moisturize (with a thick creamy leave-in conditioner) and seal w/ one of my favorite oils. I repeat the next day (I LOVE co-washing and do it almost every day).
If I'm in braids/sew-ins, I use a leave-in spray. I even have a mini spritzer bottle filled with leave-in conditioning spray that I take with me so I can spritz my braids any time.

Hi Ladies, Checking in -- I updated my sig pic because I have a new full sew-in weave so I wanted to show that style instead. I'm still using my growth aids and moisturizing daily with conditioning braid sheen sprays and Infusium 23. Today I will also cowash using Alberto VO5 PassionFruit Smooth Conditioner. I'm really lovin the carefree style of sew-in weave! :grin:

Nice! :grin:

:perplexedHi Ladies, I've decided to check it today! :yep: It's been a while but everything seems to be going okay for now.

I'm 11 weeks post relaxed and my new growth is out of control!:spinning: I'm amazed, I 've been able to go this long; first time in years! So It appears that I will meet my 12 week relaxer challenge. :grin: I'm still using the Ovation Maximizing system once a week and the cell therapy itself 2-3 times a week at this point because my new growth is out of control. I've finally started roller-setting my hair, last night was my third try "not perfect but I'm getting the hang out it".

My staple products are still:
CHI Infusion & Shine Spray- I'm no longer blow-frying or flat-ironing my hair, just air drying magentic roller set.
Pantene R&N oil moisturizer and conditioner
Suave Humectant conditioner for co-washes.
Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme- to sea my ends when roller-setting. Great product, but very expensive $35-40 a pop. PJ'S beware, I received 2 bottles as a gift from my cousin. I love freebies. :grin:
Ovation Max system kit.

This will be it for now, my hubby will flip if I buy anything else, before I use up all my products first.

oh yeah, I finally got in contact with Dr Miracle's customer service line regarding their horrible product line, only after sending 20 irate emails on their website. I was told me refund check is being send out tomorrow, we will see.

Last edited:
:perplexedHi Ladies, I've decided to check it today! :yep: It's been a while but everything seems to be going okay for now.

I'm 11 weeks post relaxed and my new growth is out of control!:spinning: I'm amazed, I 've been able to go this long; first time in years! So It appears that I will meet my 12 week relaxer challenge. :grin: I'm still using the Ovation Maximizing system once a week and the cell therapy itself 2-3 times a week at this point because my new growth is out of control. I've finally started roller-setting my hair, last night was my third try "not perfect but I'm getting the hang out it".

CHI Infusion & Shine Spray- I'm no longer blow-frying or flat-ironing my hair, just air drying magentic roller set.
Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme- to sea my ends when roller-setting. Great product, but very expensive $35-40 a pop. PJ'S beware, I received 2 bottles as a gift from my cousin. I love freebies. :grin:
Ovation Max system kit.

This will be it for now, my hubby will flip if I buy anything else, before I use up all my products first.

oh yeah, I finally got in contact with Dr Miracle's customer service line regarding their horrible product line, only after sending 20 irate emails on their website. I was told me refund check is being send out tomorrow, we will see.

Thanks for checking in, Slim! I tried a rollerset and it was a HAM :lachen:. I'm glad you're getting the hang of it. I keep telling myself that I'll try it again. And good for you that you're getting that refund... I never tried Dr. Miracle's, and I'm not inclined to either. :nono:

Hi Pr3tty - Your hair is lovely -- How did you get such amazing growth?

Thank you...I would say just being gentle and giving my hair lots of attention also stretching going from relaxing every 4 weeks to between 10 or 11 even 12. This really worked for me so far

Hi Pr3tty! We miss you too!
I'm looking forward to your updates and I hope everything is going well. :grin:

Thanks Galadriel things are so so im been too busy 4 my own good but you ladies my circle of hair sistas are always in my thoughts. How is everything with ur hair going?

Have you tried a little protein, like ORS Replenishing PAKS? They help me when I am shedding...

OOOOHHHHH, Girl!!!:grin: YOu hair is So pretty sis! YOu are basically APL...:yep:

HEYYYY!!!!!!! Girl, we MISS you!!! I can't wait to see pics and hear what's been going on with you!:grin:

I need to get those dorn pics and right away too and u know how I feel about ur hair as always

Hi pr3tty! Thanks for starting this thread. It was the first place I posted on this website. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I'm sitting under the hooded hair dryer now browsing.

Hi pr3tty! Thanks for starting this thread. It was the first place I posted on this website. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I'm sitting under the hooded hair dryer now browsing.

Aww thank you and u r very welcome... I felt we needed this I was so lost and felt so left out when I first started and with the help of the wonderful ladies that have been down with this thread from the start to now even when I couldnt be here there were here and this is what its all about being here for each other throught our hair journey

Ovation Max system kit.

I need to get this dang CHI silk infusion,lol. Everyone loves this stuff.

and isn't that Dr. No miracle's some crap? I hate that stuff. i wish i could get my money back for it. It smelled like medicine and just left my hair dry and icky.

Last edited:
I'm just now seeing this. thank you Shay for responding. i'm going to have to try that out. All self relaxers took the plunge so i might as well get to plunging.

Hi,

Very new, first post to be exact, been reading and watching for a while, just wanted to check in and let my presence be known, I am relaxed almost apl, ready to claim it but trying to gain my thickness back. Just looking for inspiration and guidance without intimidation. Glad to be here.

Hi,

Very new, first post to be exact, been reading and watching for a while, just wanted to check in and let my presence be known, I am relaxed almost apl, ready to claim it but trying to gain my thickness back. Just looking for inspiration and guidance without intimidation. Glad to be here.

Welcome! :grin:

Thanks Galadriel things are so so im been too busy 4 my own good but you ladies my circle of hair sistas are always in my thoughts. How is everything with ur hair going?

Great! I'm really focusing on thickness now. I've hit APL (stretched) but I REALLY want to get rid of these layers I have so I can be full APL.
How are you doing?

So sorry to be getting back to you so late on this fiya'slovechild but the hair i purchased from the bss is Sensual Collection 100% Human Hair.

New sewn-in weave style attached below.

TOO CUTE, GIRL!!!:grin:

Thank you...I would say just being gentle and giving my hair lots of attention also stretching going from relaxing every 4 weeks to between 10 or 11 even 12. This really worked for me so far

Whatever you are doing is working!!! I can't wait to see your updates!!!

WELCOME TO EVERYONE WHO JOINED US AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO STAYED WITH US

^^^WHAT SHE SAID!!!^^^ I have been so lax with my LHCF since we have been on summer break, but now that my 9 year old is back in school, I can get more of a schedule going. SO, hopefully I will have a good update for SEPT and I can add those pics to my FOTKI.

I need to get this dang CHI silk infusion,lol. Everyone loves this stuff.

and isn't that Dr. No miracle's some crap? I hate that stuff. i wish i could get my money back for it. It smelled like medicine and just left my hair dry and icky.

I just bought some CSI:ohwell:. I do like the Sabino's moisture block, tho-, so I will try the Chi and see which one I like better. Now that I have 20 weeks of NG, I need something that's gonna really hold it...

Great! I'm really focusing on thickness now. I've hit APL (stretched) but I REALLY want to get rid of these layers I have so I can be full APL.
How are you doing?

Girl, YOu can't really tell you aren't full APL as your layers seem negligible to me...but that's just me....

I wanna join! Count me in! As soon as my head stop hurting from these cornrows, Im gonna get me some mega tek. Althought my hair is pretty thick on its own...

:headspin::headspin::welcome::headspin::headspin:

Ovation Max system kit.

I :heart2:ponytail rollersetting !!!
I'm just now seeing this. thank you Shay for responding. i'm going to have to try that out. All self relaxers took the plunge so i might as well get to plunging.

LondonDiva has a self relaxing pictorial in her fokti ...it's very informative :yep::yep::yep:

Hi,

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

8-27-08C.jpg

^^^^4 day old rollerset^^^^

Last edited:
Hello ladies. How is everybody doing? I think that cornrows and sew-ins are great way to retain length and grow hair out for most women:yep: but my problem is that my hair becomes extremely fragile when it is in braids because most of the time the stylist pulls it so hard:nono:. it breaks so easily and then i don't get much length because i have to take them out after 4 weeks:wallbash:. Do you ladies know of any protective styles i could wear at NL where my hair wouldn't have to be braided? Thank you and HHG!!!

How are you doing?

Ive been going thru it all and still trying to keep strong for my hair and not wanting to lose all the progress i made so far. Im doing full weaves not and I think I might do it for a year maybe until next summer so I hope all goes well with that. Congrats on APL

Hello ladies. How is everybody doing? I think that cornrows and sew-ins are great way to retain length and grow hair out for most women:yep: but my problem is that my hair becomes extremely fragile when it is in braids because most of the time the stylist pulls it so hard:nono:. it breaks so easily and then i don't get much length because i have to take them out after 4 weeks:wallbash:. Do you ladies know of any protective styles i could wear at NL where my hair wouldn't have to be braided? Thank you and HHG!!!

I forget whether you're relaxed or natural, but how about a wash n' go? Maybe apply a little product to help your curls pop?
Any other ideas ladies :grin:?

Hi Armelle,

I've been in your position many times. Often, I would just apply sew-ins or human hair braids. I would always get a good 1 or 2 inches of length in a month, but have to cut it off because my hair was in a very fragile state to began with. Once I switched stylists, she told me that braiding your hair or weaving it up can be the most damaging thing ever,:wallbash: to already over processed or damaged hair. So for protective styles, I'm mostly roller-setting and bagging the ends only. Once my hair become strong and healthy to the point of no breakage, I may apply a weave.

Welcome to all the new ladies!!!!!! :welcome3:

@ FM, can you let me know how you like the CSI? I'm thinking about buying me some this week.

I dont know how you feel about wigs or half wigs but they've helped me alot. I take mine off every night and cowash after my workout. I think its really growing, and its so encouraging to see that growth and health return to my hair.
My hair would grow with weaves but there would be so much breakage and I hated that I couldnt really get to my hair.

Back