Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hi everyone,
Just checking in. I finally got the hang of taking pictures with my cellphone so I should be good to go with taking a picture once I put my relaxer in on Monday.

Its only been about two weeks since I've been consistently doing my regi. I've already noticed that Carol's Daughter products will not meet all of my needs and I need to find better solutions. Working on it. If I had a monthly hair budget which I know I do need to decide on what that would be it would be blown. Good thing is Sept is on Monday. I'm being purposeful with my purchases and have to keep telling myself that I am worth it and my hair is worth it!

Pr3tty--Your hair is pretty :)!

Hello everybody!
Shay, I hope you find the regi that suits your hair best because like you said your hair is worth it:yep:!!!
Thank you all so much for all the great protective style ideas:thankyou:. I think I will try to start a wash & go routine since I fell in love with cowashing. If that doesnt protect my hair and help me retain length I will try some of the other styles that you guys mentioned. It is so wonderful to have found a place like LHCF to find the best hair advice and the best support ever! I'm so happy I've found you guys:urock:!!!

Welcome, DaDragonPrincess!

MissNina, good luck on your progress and reaching APL! (you know we want pics, right? :lachen:)

Welcome to all the new ladies!!!!!! :welcome3:

@ FM, can you let me know how you like the CSI? I'm thinking about buying me some this week.

Will do- I prolly won't try it til next week, tho-. I just finished my 4 Months Blowin' In the Wind No Heat Challenge!!!! YAY!:grin: My hair is longer and thicker (altho the thickness cud be attributed to my transition, dunno-) I'm still rockin the braidouts bc they are so easy, I been doing em for 4 months now and I need to get back in the rollerset mindframe and dust the Pibbs off...I'll let you know, tho- about the CSI

WELCOME!

I get my perm tomorrow guys @ 9.5 wks post. Let's pray I'm APL. . .God can do it! lol

I'm using the Law of Attraction:spinning:...I see you at APL...I see you APL...I'm visualizing your picture you're posting at APL...I'm reading your post about how you are APL...I see you at APL...I see you at APL...:grin: Good luck!

Hi everyone,
Just checking in. I finally got the hang of taking pictures with my cellphone so I should be good to go with taking a picture once I put my relaxer in on Monday.

Its only been about two weeks since I've been consistently doing my regi. I've already noticed that Carol's Daughter products will not meet all of my needs and I need to find better solutions. Working on it. If I had a monthly hair budget which I know I do need to decide on what that would be it would be blown. Good thing is Sept is on Monday. I'm being purposeful with my purchases and have to keep telling myself that I am worth it and my hair is worth it!

Pr3tty--Your hair is pretty :)!

I've heard that before about Carol's Daughter's products. I don't think I've met anyone yet who is just blown away...hopefully I'm wrong...anybody? I love to see black hair care companies owned by black people...:ohwell:

Hello everybody!
Shay, I hope you find the regi that suits your hair best because like you said your hair is worth it:yep:!!!
Thank you all so much for all the great protective style ideas:thankyou:. I think I will try to start a wash & go routine since I fell in love with cowashing. If that doesnt protect my hair and help me retain length I will try some of the other styles that you guys mentioned. It is so wonderful to have found a place like LHCF to find the best hair advice and the best support ever! I'm so happy I've found you guys:urock:!!!

Girl, you betta check out the hairzings and flexi8's! Check out my FOTKI for pics on how I use them for protective styling. YOu can rock cute buns and updo's while wearing your natural hair:yep:

Last edited:
Hi ladies I would love to join ur club. I bought my MT it shipped yesterday I'm so anxious. I just have to figure out how to submit pics

Also ladies what is a cowash?

It's when you wash your hair with just conditioner, instead of using shampoo and then a conditioner. It is supposed to be less drying to your hair, but you may have to clarify with a good clarifying shampoo occasionally to remove the conditioner residue and buildup on the hair...

Hope this Helps (HTH):grin:

Hi all,

Just checking in, it’s been quite some time seen I’ve posted. I have not straighten my hair for 2 month “unintentionally”, I normally rollerset at least once a month and check length but I guess I got you girls “summer syndrome” and rocked a lot of braidouts and protective styles...:lachen:. Here’s how I wore my hair the past months:

This FB was done on straight hair, but I just didn't have a pic for the ones I did during summer...:ohwell:

FrenchBraid.jpg

French twist on air dried hair

FrenchTwist.jpg

I did the curl with a carusso roller...:grin:

FrenchTwist2.jpg

I'm using a banana clip on this pic, fresh twistout pony

TwistoutPony1stday.jpg

Same, few days later

TwistoutPony.jpg

TwistoutPony2.jpg

A fresh braidout

braidout.jpg

2 days old curls from flexirods, again didn't take pics of the fresh one :wallbash:

flexirods.jpg

:thatsall: looking forward to relax my hair (and check length) next week...:grin:

Hi HairDrama

You have beautiful hair. I love that colour. I haven't "styled" my own hair in a long time, you given me some great ideas. <<<now all i need is that thickness and length>>

I've heard that before about Carol's Daughter's products. I don't think I've met anyone yet who is just blown away...hopefully I'm wrong...anybody? I love to see black hair care companies owned by black people...:ohwell:

I was really trying to stick with CD bc it is black owned but my hair is not loving those products. Now that I am actually taking care of my hair and paying attention I know I need to move on. I have ordered some Hairveda products so I'm still keeping it in the family. Once I nail down my new regi I will post it. CD does work for my skin though. So she will still make some money off me :grin:!

Hairdrama--Your hair is beautiful!

Ahh! thanks, you girls are sweet,

Classic, if you want a style that shows thinkness, try the french twist and the french braid but reversed, it looks like a big cornrow if that make sense, so the braid would lay on top. I used to wear these 2 when my hair was shorter and it gave the illusion I had a lot more hair than what I really had.....;), air drying before you do these helps too.

HHG!

Hi HairDrama

You have beautiful hair. I love that colour. I haven't "styled" my own hair in a long time, you given me some great ideas. <<<now all i need is that thickness and length>>

Oh! I forgot to add, the color is a color shower (burgundy) from RoundBrush.....love these...:grin:

Welcome, DaDragonPrincess!

MissNina, good luck on your progress and reaching APL! (you know we want pics, right? :lachen:)

:lachen: That made my night, well, day,lol. Can't wait to see those pics!!!

I'm using the Law of Attraction:spinning:...I see you at APL...I see you APL...I'm visualizing your picture you're posting at APL...I'm reading your post about how you are APL...I see you at APL...I see you at APL...:grin: Good luck!

I JUST updated my fotki. Did I make APL? You will have to check it out to find out!! Hehe I know I know, I'm horrible :giggle:

www.fotki.com/lenaserene

Sorry, due to an ever-increasing amount of LURKERS and/or WEIRDOS, you have to go to my profile About Me to get the PW.

Thanks for all your support...you guys are great :bighug:

Hi ladies I would love to join ur club. I bought my MT it shipped yesterday I'm so anxious. I just have to figure out how to submit pics

:welcome3:

Hi all,

Just checking in, it’s been quite some time seen I’ve posted. I have not straighten my hair for 2 month “unintentionally”, I normally rollerset at least once a month and check length but I guess I got you girls “summer syndrome” and rocked a lot of braidouts and protective styles...:lachen:. Here’s how I wore my hair the past months:

This FB was done on straight hair, but I just didn't have a pic for the ones I did during summer...:ohwell:

FrenchBraid.jpg

French twist on air dried hair

FrenchTwist.jpg

I did the curl with a carusso roller...:grin:

FrenchTwist2.jpg

I'm using a banana clip on this pic, fresh twistout pony

TwistoutPony1stday.jpg

Same, few days later

TwistoutPony.jpg

TwistoutPony2.jpg

A fresh braidout

braidout.jpg

2 days old curls from flexirods, again didn't take pics of the fresh one :wallbash:

flexirods.jpg

:thatsall: looking forward to relax my hair (and check length) next week...:grin:

Gorgeous pics!!!!!!! your color is so cute. I am definitely ordering those Colorshowers. :yep:

I JUST updated my fotki. Did I make APL? You will have to check it out to find out!! Hehe I know I know, I'm horrible :giggle:

www.fotki.com/lenaserene

Sorry, due to an ever-increasing amount of LURKERS and/or WEIRDOS, you have to go to my profile About Me to get the PW.

Thanks for all your support...you guys are great :bighug:
Your hair looks great Nina!!!! You definitely look like u're at APL or you're darn near close! :yep:

MissNina, you look APL to me! Go ahead and claim it :grin:.
Btw, really nice fotki! I'm too lazy...er...busy to start one :look:.

MissNina, you look APL to me! Go ahead and claim it :grin:.
Btw, really nice fotki! I'm too lazy...er...busy to start one :look:.

Awww, thanks girl!!! I think I will claim it. . .even if it is questionable it makes me feel better :lol:

Girl, if I did it with all my LAZY/PROCRASTINATING tendencies, I def think you should!!! It really helps me out a lot. . .even though I only update on relaxer days lol. Besides, it's really fun trying to perfect your hair pic taking skills when you have nothing to do :lol:

I dont know how you feel about wigs or half wigs but they've helped me alot. I take mine off every night and cowash after my workout. I think its really growing, and its so encouraging to see that growth and health return to my hair.
My hair would grow with weaves but there would be so much breakage and I hated that I couldnt really get to my hair.

I wanted to co-sign on this! I've found that with my NL hair, there's not much I can do except wear phony buns/ponytails. I don't do that as much anymore because I wondered if I was doing more damage than good with the buns. Lately I've been wearing wigs much more. I co-wash, moisturize, seal and then put on a stocking cap. After I get home in the evening, I take off my wig to find that my hair is really soft!! The growth has been good, but I don't know if that's attributable to the protective styling, MT, or some combination thereof. The other benefit is that I am keeping my hands OUT of my hair! If I had my way, I would play in my hair all day long! I figure I'll keep wearing wigs until my next relaxer in early October. HTH

Awww, thanks girl!!! I think I will claim it. . .even if it is questionable it makes me feel better :lol:

Girl, if I did it with all my LAZY/PROCRASTINATING tendencies, I def think you should!!! It really helps me out a lot. . .even though I only update on relaxer days lol. Besides, it's really fun trying to perfect your hair pic taking skills when you have nothing to do :lol:

Go ahead and claim it......you'll be there by next week......:look:........CONGRATS!!

Okay I got my new avatar up. Relaxed today. I realize I need to trim but I'm scared to do it myself. I can get my mom to do it. That's funny...not scared to self relax but scared to cut. What is that about? I did things very different than in the past bc of what I read on here:

Sectioned my hair (made it easier and somehow faster to apply)
Used applicator brush (used to use hands with no gloves)
Only left it on for 25 minutes (used to leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour)

I did blowdry but when I wash next week I will attempt a rollerset. We will see how that goes.

Oh yeah, don't you love my pink bathroom? My condo building is as old has me so I that's why I have a lovely pink bathroom :lachen:!

Last edited:
Okay I got my new avatar up. Relaxed today. I realize I need to trim but I'm scared to do it myself. I can get my mom to do it. That's funny...not scared to self relax but scared to cut. What is that about? I did things very different than in the past bc of what I read on here:

Sectioned my hair (made it easier and somehow faster to apply)
Used applicator brush (used to use hands with no gloves)
Only left it on for 25 minutes (used to leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour)

I did blowdry but when I wash next week I will attempt a rollerset. We will see how that goes.

Oh yeah, don't you love my pink bathroom? My condo building is as old has me so I that's why I have a lovely pink bathroom :lachen:!

This is me.....:perplexed I'll be relaxing my hair at the end of this week (no big deal) but I'm getting mentally prepared to trim my hair.....lol

Back