Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Okay! I may have to try that. The colors look nice. Which colors have you tried and do they show up pretty good?

Uh....:grin:

I don't even know---it was a red or burgundy color everytime.
I liked the color.

The neutralizing creme is the dye agent. It's a foam actually. Anyway--the longer you leave it on the more color you get. But I don't think it's possible to screw it up---but I'm sure someone has.:nono:

Uh....:grin:

I don't even know---it was a red or burgundy color everytime.
I liked the color.

The neutralizing creme is the dye agent. It's a foam actually. Anyway--the longer you leave it on the more color you get. But I don't think it's possible to screw it up---but I'm sure someone has.:nono:
lol, I would be the one to screw it up. I may get my cousin to apply it for me. I'm still not too keen on the self-relaxing. Thanks for the responses!

Oh yeah, what are thoughts about headbands? I wear them all the time.

I use them all the time, too.:yep: I just make sure they are not too tight and I don't feel any excess pulling in any one area...

Here's my relaxer regi I used before I decided to transition...

1-week prior:
  • Clarify and chelate with ORS Aloe and Uplifting Shampoo
  • DC with ORS Rep Pak+2 tsp EVOO
Relaxer:
  • Relax with Silk Elements Mild + 2 tbsp EVOO
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • ORS Rep Pak+ Silk Elements Mega Silk
    (5 min under heat)
  • Neutralize w/ Silk Elements Neutralizing Shampoo
    (2x, let sit on hair for 5 min, shampoo down, low manipulation of hair)
  • Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner (15 min under heat)
  • Rinse well, final rinse 1 gal distilled/filtered water
  • Set/Style
1-week post:
  • Aphogee Shampoo & 2 min reconstructor
  • Moisturizing DC Treatment (I use Silk Elements Mega Silk)+ 2 tsp EVOO (5 min under heat cap)

Just an off note, one of friends from school was natural for a year and relaxed. It looked beyond beautiful, best that I had seem in person( I always see nice hair online) for a long time!

galadriel--You can add me as a friend. I'm new here and haven't even looked at my profile.

FindingMe--Thanks for the info about wearing headbands and your regi.

I plan to do my pre-treat for my relaxer tonight.

Any suggestions for hooded air dryers and roller sets?

Some updates:
My mom is going to give me her hooded hair dryer. She goes to the salon to get her hair washed and set. Besides now that I told her Sally's sells a bonnet hair dryer thats what she wants to buy herself in case she needs to do some in between stuff. She's been rolling her hair for years and she uses the plastic snap ones. My mom's hair always looks beautiful so I will use her as an inspiration. Oh yeah, also her hairdresser has always put the Mizani relaxer in her hair.

My wish list:
rollers
clips
brush (for relaxers, conditioners, protein treatments)

I will buy them from Sally's at some point this weekend. Any suggestions for how to clean the brush?

One more thing my boyfriend's sister has always had long beautiful hair that I have admired. I will ask her what she does too.

Some updates:

My wish list:
rollers
clips
brush (for relaxers, conditioners, protein treatments)

I will buy them from Sally's at some point this weekend. Any suggestions for how to clean the brush?

How about using the "Sprush" from Sally's?

sally_sprush.jpg

Hey Mistee!!!!! What brand of hair did you use for your sew-in? I plan on getting one, but i am clueless to stuff like that.

So sorry to be getting back to you so late on this fiya'slovechild but the hair i purchased from the bss is Sensual Collection 100% Human Hair.

New sewn-in weave style attached below.

Attachments

• PIC00282-1-1.jpg
    PIC00282-1-1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
One thing I'm also realizing is that I don't good with regimens. It changes every other week! I think I'm going to stick with just making sure I CW daily, DC 2xs a week. As long as I wash at least 1-2x/wk I should be good. I'm bunning my hair nightly immediately after CW too.

I'm post 8 wks and I cant believe stretching is this easy. The first time was sooooo hard and more than enough hair loss in the process :sad: I'm relaxing 2nd wk in Sept, at my 12 wk mark. I'm thinking of not relaxing again until the 2nd week in December. . .which would be like 14 or 15 weeks I think. We'll see.

I FULLY ADVOCATE everyone CW daily!!!

So sorry to be getting back to you so late on this fiya'slovechild but the hair i purchased from the bss is Sensual Collection 100% Human Hair.

New sewn-in weave style attached below.

Your sew in looks nice Mistee!!! I'll definitely look this brand up. :yep:

One thing I'm also realizing is that I don't good with regimens. It changes every other week! I think I'm going to stick with just making sure I CW daily, DC 2xs a week. As long as I wash at least 1-2x/wk I should be good. I'm bunning my hair nightly immediately after CW too.

I'm post 8 wks and I cant believe stretching is this easy. The first time was sooooo hard and more than enough hair loss in the process :sad: I'm relaxing 2nd wk in Sept, at my 12 wk mark. I'm thinking of not relaxing again until the 2nd week in December. . .which would be like 14 or 15 weeks I think. We'll see.

I FULLY ADVOCATE everyone CW daily!!!

I know what u mean about changing regis. You seem to always wanna try something new. Its good u're sticking to the basics. I think our hair strives more when we do so.

How about using the "Sprush" from Sally's?

sally_sprush.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking of! Thanks! I will look for it at Sally's today when I go.

Okay I did the pre treat last night and air dried. New revelation... my hair does not look crazy because I air dried. I will put CD SoMM and get on the road. Very satisfied. I am learning so much from this website. Just in the few days of visiting I feel enlightened. Thanks so much. I will check in later to tell you what I bought. I will get BF to take pictures once I put the relaxer in and use it as my avatar.

It's been a minute since I've checked in. How's everyone doing? I have been so busy. My hair has grown out of the Victoria Beckham style. I'll take new pictures when I get my next relaxer touch up. I have a LOT of new growth. My stylist and I have a growth goal of shoulder length by Christmas and I think we can do it. Yes We Can!!!! LOL!

I have fallen off the vitamin wagon big time. I've been taking 2 Flintstone Gummies just because they are way more fun to take than the GNC vitamins and I'm a kid at heart :grin: I'll go back to the big girl vits soon :ohwell:

I've been doing a lot of roller sets this summer. I love Hype Hair Satin Foam Rollers.

I'm still using my MN mix faithfully. The last time I visited the health food store I got some Avocado Oil. I use a dime size amount on my hair every few days or when my hair is feeling a tad dry. I added a capful to my Lacio Lacio and I love the way my hair feels after using it. My stylist blow dried my hair after I applied the Lacio and my hair was super silky. I also added a few drops of avocado oil to my MN mix.

I'll post new pics soon!

Happy & Healthy Growing Everyone!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome!!!! Here's my newly created Fotki journal:
http://public.fotki.com/MissKim0109/im-growing-my-hair-long/

My regimen is pretty simple:

Every 6.5 to 8 weeks:
Relaxer touch up with Affirm Dry & Itchy. Deep conditioning treatment and wrap.

Daily:
Vitamins and Supplements: Take my GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamins, along with a Woman's One A Day.

Drink at least 4 cups of water while I'm at work and two when I get home.

Mist hair with Ellin LaVar TherMist before I curl. I curl my hair with the iron set on a very low heat setting and I just bump the ends. Spray with ORS Olive Oil Sheen.

Every 2 to 3 nights:
Apply my MN mix to my scalp, wrap my hair with a silk scarf and off to bed.

Weekly:
Every week I see my stylist for a shampoo, deep conditioning treatment, and wrap.

As soon as my Lacio Lacio and SAA arrive I will incorporate them into my regimen.

Okay I bought:
magnetic rollers
hair clips
applicator brushes
spray bottle
wide tooth comb
fantasia ic

I will get the hair dryer from my mom on Sunday. Will do the relaxer on Sunday or Monday.

fiya'slovechild--I realized I never fully answered your question about application time and sections. I would guess about 20-25 minutes. Sections--really only two. I would part down the middle and start on the right side finger parting and apply and work my way to the back then onto the left side. So a method just not a great one. I will use the hair clips this time and do 4 sections, finger part, and apply using one of the brushes I just got. I'm sure it will take longer but I know I will have better results.

Okay I put my current picture up in my avatar. BF took it. I know it isnt that clear but it is a miracle I was able to upload it. I haven't relaxed yet. I am waiting until next week.

It's been a minute since I've checked in. How's everyone doing? I have been so busy. My hair has grown out of the Victoria Beckham style. I'll take new pictures when I get my next relaxer touch up. I have a LOT of new growth. My stylist and I have a growth goal of shoulder length by Christmas and I think we can do it. Yes We Can!!!! LOL!

I have fallen off the vitamin wagon big time. I've been taking 2 Flintstone Gummies just because they are way more fun to take than the GNC vitamins and I'm a kid at heart :grin: I'll go back to the big girl vits soon :ohwell:

I've been doing a lot of roller sets this summer. I loveHype Hair Satin Foam Rollers.

I'm still using my MN mix faithfully. The last time I visited the health food store I got some Avocado Oil. I use a dime size amount on my hair every few days or when my hair is feeling a tad dry. I added a capful to my Lacio Lacio and I love the way my hair feels after using it. My stylist blow dried my hair after I applied the Lacio and my hair was super silky. I also added a few drops of avocado oil to my MN mix.

I'll post new pics soon!

Happy & Healthy Growing Everyone!!!!!!!!

Thanks for checking in, MissKim! Sounds like you're doing awesome. I've been using an MN mix as well...maybe next time I'll add avocado oil to it:grin:.

Okay I put my current picture up in my avatar. BF took it. I know it isnt that clear but it is a miracle I was able to upload it. I haven't relaxed yet. I am waiting until next week.

Shay, your hair is nice and thick! Now that's the kind of thickness I want :yep:. Let us know how the relaxing goes.

Welcome msmoodyr! I noticed there is a part two thread and I'm wondering if we should move over there.

Galadriel--Thanks! The thickness is one of the things I struggle with...but I am working on learning more and figuring out how to manage it. Once I relax I will change my avatar. I'm not sure I want to do a fokti to keep up with things but maybe a "piki" is that what is called in my signature to document progress/change.

Welcome msmoodyr! I noticed there is a part two thread and I'm wondering if we should move over there.

Galadriel--Thanks! The thickness is one of the things I struggle with...but I am working on learning more and figuring out how to manage it. Once I relax I will change my avatar. I'm not sure I want to do a fokti to keep up with things but maybe a "piki" is that what is called in my signature to document progress/change.

Yes, Msmoodyr and Shay, come on over to the Part 2 thread :yep:.
Msmoodyr, all you have to do is share your current regimen and if you have any starting pics please share those as well. We usually check in with each other on the first of each month.

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing. Welcome Msmoodyr:circle:! I got my touch up on Tuesday and my stylist had to trim an inch and a half of hair b/c it looked really bad. So I went from CBL to NL but I'm not that sad cause I'm starting fresh. i guess my problem is I don't know of any protective styles that I could wear w/ my hair length. Girls, if you have any ideas please let me know. I also just started to CW daily on Friday w/ VO5 Kiwi & Lime and I'm lovin' it. Thank you so much for the advice:grouphug:.

Hi Ladies, Checking in -- I updated my sig pic because I have a new full sew-in weave so I wanted to show that style instead. I'm still using my growth aids and moisturizing daily with conditioning braid sheen sprays and Infusium 23. Today I will also cowash using Alberto VO5 PassionFruit Smooth Conditioner. I'm really lovin the carefree style of sew-in weave! :grin:

I wanna join! Count me in! As soon as my head stop hurting from these cornrows, Im gonna get me some mega tek. Althought my hair is pretty thick on its own...

Additionally, what do you ladies do to you hair while its in protective styles? Im wondering if I should wash it or anything? because when it comes out of these braids its gonna be so extra hard...

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing. Welcome Msmoodyr:circle:! I got my touch up on Tuesday and my stylist had to trim an inch and a half of hair b/c it looked really bad. So I went from CBL to NL but I'm not that sad cause I'm starting fresh. i guess my problem is I don't know of any protective styles that I could wear w/ my hair length. Girls, if you have any ideas please let me know. I also just started to CW daily on Friday w/ VO5 Kiwi & Lime and I'm lovin' it. Thank you so much for the advice:grouphug:.

When I was neck length I wore cornrows and sew-ins until I had enough hair to start bunning and wearing ponytails.
I'm glad you're feeling good about the trim! I had to trim twice when I was struggling to go from SL to APL, but I think it was worth it.
It sounds like you're having fun with the co-washing (isn't it great? :grin:).
Can't wait for more updates :yep:.

Back