Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hello Ladies,

I’d like to read this thread on its entirety, but first took a moment to say a few words. I’m also a newbie here (post #2 if you noticed) but I’ve been around for more than a year now. You ladies are amazing, so I decided to subscribe to say THANK YOU! and share my regime (Still have to write it down, so please bear with me) and progress on my hair-niversary. How exiting, I won’t feel let out any more…….lol

:welcome3: Hairdrama,Tangela, ThatJerseyGirl, and Pureebony!!!!

Last edited:
Hey ladies sorry I've been away for a minute. Have been consistently using and loving Bee Mine Hair Growth Serum. And I can't say enough about it. Love the feel, the growth and the smell. Happy healthy growing to you all. Peace and many blessings this 4th of July Holiday weekend !!!

Hey ladies.... I'm still in. I finally broke my 30+ week stretch. I got a relaxer last week, turned out nicely. I really like the stylist was a bit reserved at first because she's asian... but she did a great job... the best I've had since moving to TX. Anywho, I faced a set back with see thru ends so I let 1 1/2-2 inches go. Hopefully I'll be more dedicated and make time for my hair. Keep my ends protected.

Welcome all the Newbies :grin:

Hey hair Idol #1 FindingMe

Pr3tty good luck on your promotion!

Where is Jassy28?

Last edited:
Hey ladies just checking in! Yesterday, I washed and deep conditioner with Dr. Miracle tingling shampoo & medicated deep conditioner. I brought this 2 mon. ago. decided to try, it was okay, nothing special:perplexed. Used CSI & ors carrot oil. Tonight I decided to try ors carrot oil w/ full head baggy.

Have any other newbies tried/started using any growth aides? If so which ones and what are your results so far?

Hey ladies just checking in! Yesterday, I washed and deep conditioner with Dr. Miracle tingling shampoo & medicated deep conditioner. I brought this 2 mon. ago. decided to try, it was okay, nothing special:perplexed. Used CSI & ors carrot oil. Tonight I decided to try ors carrot oil w/ full head baggy.

Have any other newbies tried/started using any growth aides? If so which ones and what are your results so far?

When I had my cornrows I was using BT every two days (so that would be over a period of 2 1/2 weeks). The BT has made my hair thicker, and I LOVE that! I like thick hair :yep:. I have a bunch of NG since I haven't texlaxed since February.

I started MT, I do not have any results yet, being that today will be day 6.

Can I join because I need help bad, and we can all learn together. I am techiquelly a "newbie" since i joined last July. But I am new to all the techniques and practices I have learned about on this board. This thread would be really good for me, because I can learn what works for my hair.

I joined this newbie thread a while ago, but now that I can rollerset, I've changed my regimen..

Here is what I have so far: every week I will:
deep conditioner on dry hair under dryer
wash then short 2-3 min conditioner
rollerset and go OR rollerset and blowout/flat iron roots
everyday style is to put in 4-8 bantu knots at night & fingercomb it out
I don't have my products down yet - still need a good moisturizer that won't make my hair revert - maybe one that isn't water based???

I'd like to try a bantu knot out on wet hair one of these days.
I'd also like to try to stretch washing to every 2 weeks to decrease manipulation.

Oh yeah, I can't use the cheapie conditioners - but based on littlegoldlamb's review I tried Loreal Vive hydra gloss moisturizing conditioner and I really like it. Its nice n creamy for the 2-3 minute conditioning...

Last edited:
Can I join because I need help bad, and we can all learn together. I am techiquelly a "newbie" since i joined last July. But I am new to all the techniques and practices I have learned about on this board. This thread would be really good for me, because I can learn what works for my hair.

Welcome, Naskat! Do you have a regimen yet?

I mostly cowash with Vo5 and bun it. I then wash it everyweek with baking soda mixed with condish. I realized I clarify to much, so I am tweaking my regimen. I went to the Dominican salon for the holiday and the washed my hair with Alta Ego, dc with Kenra Moisturizing Condish, and used Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as a leave in. My hair came out really soft until they blowdryed it. I am going to stay away form direct heat for awhile, and mainly cowash 3x a week, dc, and wash. I am staying away form shampoo because it drys my hair out. I am going to go to the salon every two weeks for the above mentioned routine without my hair being blown out. Here is a link to a post I just created.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=252955

I am stil figuring this out.

I did a henna treatment for 3 hours and afterwards a DC with LeKair Cholesterol Plus and added honey and evoo and it left my hair so soft !!! :grin:

Another minor update - I just came from the "lab" (kitchen) from mixing my Mega Tek with my Carol's Daughters Hair Elixir and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Ummm....do not use too much of the EVOO!! I forgot to mention that I added a little water. I shook the bottle for a good while, and let it sit to see what it would do...the oil settled on top, so I drained it off, shook again and all is well! Ok..so the water caused it to separate. Problem solved. I applied it on my scalp, and massaged it, threw a plastic cap on my head. For aggressive growth, I will be applying tommorrow morning!

Ok..it's been 15 minutes after my massage, and my scalp feels like it's pulsating.....good tingly feeling!!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM HAIRDRAMA!!!

Ahh! Thanks...

Hi ladies,

This is the shorter version of my regimen …..:look: (for real, I have a step-by-step one but I felt embarrassed :perplexed to post it here “too long”). My hair type is 4a/b relaxed, not bone straight by not necessarily telax either (I found the happy medium). I’m a DIY’er but before I found LHCF (by chance) I used to go to the salon every 1 ½ or 2 months to get my hair relaxed, I would wash my hair once a week and blow dry/flat iron my hair myself until it was time to go back for a relaxer. After LHCF, all I have to say is, I thought I knew about hair care, but man, words cannot express how I feel about this forum, the knowledge, the people, it literally is a hair encyclopedia :yep: and the best thing is “you get feedback from it”……..that’s awesome………Ok sorry ladies I got a lil’ exited but here is my regimen and progress pictures for my 1st year post LHCF:

Prepoo: I prepoo on dry hair usually without heat with Bed Head Moisture maniac + KEMI Organics Oyl (Essential oils) or with Ion Reconstructor Treatment when I need a protein boost.
Wash: I try to wash every 3 days but at least once a week with a moisturizing shampoo (lather twice) and oil rinse with pure coconut oil, rinse with hot water and deep condition.
Deep condition: I deep condition with either Silicon Mix Conditioner or Super Conditioner 10 en 1 for best moisture and slip. I go under the dryer for 30 min and rinse in the shower. I put any other conditioner (not protein based) I own while I take a shower and then rinse again leaving some product on my hair.
Style: I put a leave-in, moisturizer and oil (in this order) and I style as usual (I wear my hair up 98% of the time). When I wear my hair down I put leave-in only and I roller set with my own combination of: water, conditioner and serum. Wrap hair daily to maintain.
Daily maintenance: When wearing my hair up I never comb it (but brush my edges) between washes, I moisturize with water and ORS Olive oil moisturizing lotion mornings and nights and pin up again. When my hair is down I moisturize with Mizani H2O Intense night-time treatment (ends only) once every other day, wrap hair for a silky look the next day. I probably comb my hair a little too much when is down, still working on that.

Relaxer: I self relax every 12 weeks with ORS Olive Oil No-Lye (Normal Strength).

Trims: I got my hair trimmed once before LHCF, a second time 6 months after that (Sep 2007) and that’s it, no trims since then. I’m planning to do one when I reach BSL (sometime this year).

Attachments

• CompBack.jpg
    CompBack.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 9
  • CompLeft.jpg
    CompLeft.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 8
  • CompRight.jpg
    CompRight.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 7
I hope you don't have issues viewing the attachments. If so, please let me know, it's my first time posting pictures.

Congrats on your growth hairdrama, and tx for the information. It has given me some insight to what I need to start doing. My hair is currently the same lenght as your starting pics. great inspiration:grin:

Thanks! I still have a lot to learn but I'm happy with my progress so far..... so will you if you keep it up...:yep:..... We can do it together.

Here's my update my hair is still about the same it grew a little, it is shedding as much. And it's the longest I've ever seen it. im gonna try mixing it up this mth. I want to rock it straight more often because of the different textures, and i wanna perfect my styling, i spent alot on tools and products.

comic-p.jpg

Hey ladies.... I'm still in. I finally broke my 30+ week stretch. I got a relaxer last week, turned out nicely. I really like the stylist was a bit reserved at first because she's asian... but she did a great job... the best I've had since moving to TX. Anywho, I faced a set back with see thru ends so I let 1 1/2-2 inches go. Hopefully I'll be more dedicated and make time for my hair. Keep my ends protected.

Welcome all the Newbies :grin:

Hey hair Idol #1 FindingMe

Pr3tty good luck on your promotion!

Where is Jassy28?

What's up, lady?! Whew, 30+ weeks, good lawd!:spinning: I am halfway there...I plan on keeping it going, tho- and just transitioning on out...Girl, them ends will gro- back in no time, you'll see...and your hair will be thicker on the ends to boot...:yep:

Yes, the wild growth oil actually works! As I mentioned earlier, you just have to be patient with it. You can also go to their website at www.wildgrowth.com and read their testimonials. But the one mixture that has worked for me has been my MN mixture. I just mixed my MN 4% with Carol's Daughter's Hair elixir and that's it! I'm telling you it works. I've been lurking around this site for two months before I decided to join, and have been reading about the success of others using this mixture. I am not a beautician, but only use what works, and what I do know is that for African American hair, it is very important to moisturize your hair, DAILY! And since I have a sew in, I spray my tracks with Infusium(?). This leave in has been good to me, so I just pour some in a spray bottle and spray it on my roots and tracks, because I notice with the MN mixture, although I use a good oil with it, my hair soaks it up! As a side note, I use the MN mixture every single day.

I will take my tracks down in two weeks, if I can stand it until then. Meanwhile, I will post pics soon. Currently, my hair is shoulder length. My goal is to have it bra length. At the rate with this MN mixture (and when I receive my Mega Tek, which should arrive this week), I should be there in no time.

Please keep us posted, and happy growing!! So glad I joined this forum....

Girl, thanks for the info...also, what does wild growth smell like? does it have sulphur in it? i have a strong aversion to that smell...i bought some BT thinking I could get by with the scented, but it still smelled like sulphur...i couldn't do it...

:welcome3: Hairdrama,Tangela, ThatJerseyGirl, and Pureebony!!!!

yep!:yep: :welcome3:

Hi ladies,

This is the shorter version of my regimen …..:look: (for real, I have a step-by-step one but I felt embarrassed :perplexed to post it here “too long”). My hair type is 4a/b relaxed, not bone straight by not necessarily telax either (I found the happy medium). I’m a DIY’er but before I found LHCF (by chance) I used to go to the salon every 1 ½ or 2 months to get my hair relaxed, I would wash my hair once a week and blow dry/flat iron my hair myself until it was time to go back for a relaxer. After LHCF, all I have to say is, I thought I knew about hair care, but man, words cannot express how I feel about this forum, the knowledge, the people, it literally is a hair encyclopedia :yep: and the best thing is “you get feedback from it”……..that’s awesome………Ok sorry ladies I got a lil’ exited but here is my regimen and progress pictures for my 1st year post LHCF:

Prepoo: I prepoo on dry hair usually without heat with Bed Head Moisture maniac + KEMI Organics Oyl (Essential oils) or with Ion Reconstructor Treatment when I need a protein boost.
Wash: I try to wash every 3 days but at least once a week with a moisturizing shampoo (lather twice) and oil rinse with pure coconut oil, rinse with hot water and deep condition.
Deep condition: I deep condition with either Silicon Mix Conditioner or Super Conditioner 10 en 1 for best moisture and slip. I go under the dryer for 30 min and rinse in the shower. I put any other conditioner (not protein based) I own while I take a shower and then rinse again leaving some product on my hair.
Style: I put a leave-in, moisturizer and oil (in this order) and I style as usual (I wear my hair up 98% of the time). When I wear my hair down I put leave-in only and I roller set with my own combination of: water, conditioner and serum. Wrap hair daily to maintain.
Daily maintenance: When wearing my hair up I never comb it (but brush my edges) between washes, I moisturize with water and ORS Olive oil moisturizing lotion mornings and nights and pin up again. When my hair is down I moisturize with Mizani H2O Intense night-time treatment (ends only) once every other day, wrap hair for a silky look the next day. I probably comb my hair a little too much when is down, still working on that.

Relaxer: I self relax every 12 weeks with ORS Olive Oil No-Lye (Normal Strength).

Trims: I got my hair trimmed once before LHCF, a second time 6 months after that (Sep 2007) and that’s it, no trims since then. I’m planning to do one when I reach BSL (sometime this year).

Daggg, your growth is the bomb!!!! :drunk: LHCF is da truth, is it not?! Whew, girl, I hate to think where I would be without it...still between SL and APL and only wearing the same ole' rollersets getting my hair relaxed every 6 weeks on the dot...:ohwell:

Here's my update my hair is still about the same it grew a little, it is shedding as much. And it's the longest I've ever seen it. im gonna try mixing it up this mth. I want to rock it straight more often because of the different textures, and i wanna perfect my styling, i spent alot on tools and products.

comic-p.jpg

Ohh, you have grown a lot!!! Great job!! One thing I can say is that I have learned to keep it simple and not try to do too much. I am like you and I spent a lot on tools and products, but I am keeping my spending on lock from here on out...:yep:

Sorry, ya'll. I don't have any update pics for the month:ohwell: as I have been on vacation for almost the past 2 weeks and just returned today...I have just been doing braidouts and bunning it and keeping it simple...I will post update pics next month, promise...

Hey ya'll.
Just checking in.
Been busy with school registration, Guard duties, and work but I'm still on my hair journey.

Still transitioning. I think I'm about 18 1/2-19 weeks post relaxer.
It's easier than I thought it'd be.

I've just been applying henna and doing braid-outs.
That's all.

Just checkin in....I've been washing and DCing every week and pincurling/rollersetting each day. I think I might bun it up a couple days next week. I'll be 9 weeks post tomorrow.

What do you ladies think of my regimen and the products I'm using:

Do about 6-7 loose braids throughout my head (got this tech. from the groafrohairlong.com)

Pre-poo-(just added this last Sun.) apply honey and EVOO to dry hair with a plastic cap for about an hour

Shampoo- half cup of water mixed with 2-3 capfuls of Design Essentials Moisture Retention Conditioning Shampoo or Mizani Botanifying Conditioning Shampoo

Deep Condition- apply Queene Helene Cholesterol Hot Oil Treatment and ORS Replenish Pak (sometimes mix with Mizani Moisturfuse Moisturizing Conditioner) put on plastic cap sit under dryer for 30 min or walk around for 1 hr.

Rinse

Leave-In and Serum- mix half water/half Design Essentials Hydrating Leave-In Conditioner in a spray bottle, spray on and then apply B&B Growth Serum or Mizani Thermastrength Strengthening Serum

Seal with Coconut oil

I then use a round brush to blow my NG out and either pincurl or rollerset my hair. Finally I airdry overnight or sit under the dryer.

I use to wash on Sunday, but since I have been hitting the gym more while battling this Okinawa heat wave, I've increased to every Sun. and Weds. or Thurs.

Does this sound okay? Too much of something? Not enough of something? Good or bad choice of products?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Just checkin in....I've been washing and DCing every week and pincurling/rollersetting each day. I think I might bun it up a couple days next weel. I'll be 9 weeks post tomorrow.

What do you ladies think of m y regimen and the products I'm using:

Do about 6-7 loose braids throughout my head (got this tech. from the groafrohairlong.com)

Pre-poo-(just added this last Sun.) apply honey and EVOO to dry hair with a plastic cap for about an hour

Shampoo- half water half Design Essentials Moisture Retention Conditioning Shampoo or Mizani Botanifying Conditioning Shampoo

Deep Condition- apply Queene Helene Cholesterol Hot Oil Treatment and ORS Replenish Pak (sometimes mis with Mizani Moisturfuse Moisturizing Conditioner) put on plastic cap sit under dryer for 30 min or walk around for 1 hr.

Rinse

Leave-In and Serum- mix half water/half Design Essentials Hydrating Leave-In Conditioner in a spray bottle, spray on and then apply B&B Growth Serum or Mizani Thermastrength Strengthening Serum

Seal with Coconut oil

I then use a round brush to blow my NG out and either pincurl or rollerset my hair. Finally I airdry overnight or sit under the dryer.

I use to wash on Sunday, but since I have been hitting the gym more while battling this Okinawa heat wave, I've increased to every Sun. and Weds. or Thurs.

Does this sound okay? Too much of something? Not enough of something? Good or bad choice of products?

Sounds like a great reggie. Btw, what are the main ingredients in the serums?

Ok yall!! Major hair catrastrophe!!! I got my tracks removed, and the person who put them in didn't put them in right, so I had to cut my hair!!!:wallbash: You know I am not a happy camper, so, I will now be a slave to the African Senegalese twists for a whole entire year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until it grows back......:ohwell:

Ok yall!! Major hair catrastrophe!!! I got my tracks removed, and the person who put them in didn't put them in right, so I had to cut my hair!!!:wallbash: You know I am not a happy camper, so, I will now be a slave to the African Senegalese twists for a whole entire year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until it grows back......:ohwell:

Oh no!!!! How terrible! :nono: How short did you have to cut it?

Hey ya'll.
Just checking in.
Been busy with school registration, Guard duties, and work but I'm still on my hair journey.

Still transitioning. I think I'm about 18 1/2-19 weeks post relaxer.
It's easier than I thought it'd be.

I've just been applying henna and doing braid-outs.
That's all.

I am thinking the same thing on the transition but I don't want to say anything yet bc I am so early in and I don't want to eat my words eventually...:ohwell: You sound like me with the henna and braidouts! :yep: Good to hear from you, sis!

Just checkin in....I've been washing and DCing every week and pincurling/rollersetting each day. I think I might bun it up a couple days next weel. I'll be 9 weeks post tomorrow.

What do you ladies think of m y regimen and the products I'm using:

Shampoo- half water half Design Essentials Moisture Retention Conditioning Shampoo or Mizani Botanifying Conditioning Shampoo

Deep Condition- apply Queene Helene Cholesterol Hot Oil Treatment and ORS Replenish Pak (sometimes mis with Mizani Moisturfuse Moisturizing Conditioner) put on plastic cap sit under dryer for 30 min or walk around for 1 hr.

Rinse

Seal with Coconut oil

Girl, you got it on lock...:grin: I think you just have to adjust washings for your hair...IF it ain't broke (ie you aren't having any major issues...)...

DAGGGG, what's up with these stylists and these weaves?! BlackBeauty had to cut all her hair OFF to a TWA bc of some jankiness...I hate this happened to you, Ma...but it will grow back...:yep: Sorry...

Sounds like a great reggie. Btw, what are the main ingredients in the serums?

Mizani Therma Strength Strengthening Style Serum
aqua/water, cetyl alcohol, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL, dimethicone, isostearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, butyrospermum parkii/ shea butter, parfum/ fragrance, polyquaternium-11, phenoxyethenol, GUAR HYDROXYPROPLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, cetrimonium chloride, methylparaben, glucosamine hci, propylparaben, butyphenyl methylpropional, amyl cinnamal, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, benzyl benzoate, limonene, coumarin, linalool, 2-oleamido-1.3-octadecanediol, geraniol, citronellol.

Bronner Bros Growth Serum

With Aloe, Vera, Tea Tree Oil & Growth Complex

Hair strengthener.
With aloe vera, tea tree oil & growth complex.
Stimulates roots to promote growth.

Ingredient: Deionized Water , Dimethyl Isosorbibe , Sage Growth Complex , Horsetail Growth Complex , Scull Cap Growth Complex , Amla Growth Complex , Grape Seed and others

Now reading the product descriptions, I think I've been using both of these wrong. I have been putting a dime size amount in my hand and then rub throughout my hair. Any suggestions on a good serum? Could I use my Miznai H20 rose treatment instead?

Mizani Rose H2O Conditioning Hairdress (leave-in)
aqua/water, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, petroleum, peg-100 stearate, glyceryl stearate, PARAFFIN, dimethicone, ceteareth-20, dicetyl phosphate, ceteth-10 phosphate, parfum/fragrance, panthenol, methylparaben, propylparaben, triethanolamine, laureth-23, citronellol, geraniol, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, hydroxycitronellal, chamomilla recutita/matricaria extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus/ cymbopogon schoenanthius extract,aachillea millefolium/ extract, melissa officinalis/balm mint leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, humulus lupulus/ hops extract, isoeugenol, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone, hexyl cinnamal, ci 19140/ yellow 5, eugenol, ci 14700/red 4, ci 17200/red 33, ci 42090/blue 1.

Last edited:
Back