Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hi Ladies,

I hope that everyone is doing OK and that everyone is happy with their hair growing!!!!! Welcome to all the ladies that have joined since my last post and happy birthday to any who had birthdays!!!!
Sorry :sad: that I haven't been posting but I was going through a rough patch with this pregnancy and because I had a miscarriage two years ago I am being a lot more precautious. I am happy to let everyone know that my health is back on track the baby is moving, having fun, and growing :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: and God willing it stays that way and I will be posting at least 3x times a week. I haven't really been doing anything to my hair, I now have micro braids and I oil my scalp with Parachute Coconut oil, I co wash with V05, and put Herbal Essences LTR leave-in, although I've seem to develop a dandruff problem and extra sensitive scalp.
Although this will not make up I will be going through and reading all the post since I've last been here and hopefully I can contribute. Thank you and hopefully you guys haven't written me off :sad:.

Don't sweat it, I understand, and I am sure others will also. Take care of your health first and foremost. Trust me, I know what it means to be pregnant :spinning: Welcome back and nice to meet you!

Thank you so much. I've been looking for that thread. :yep:

Thank you!:grin:

Welcome:grin:

awwwwwwwwww i hope every1 is getting results!:grin:

Ok, umm that wig is the biz-ness!! And you have had so much progress from looking at your pics!! Congratulations!

I went to the salon and got my tex. She curled me up but DH picked me up with the top off the car so away flew the majority of curls!:lachen: So tonight I tried my first protective hair style...Pincurls! I can't wait to see how they turn out. I'm so glad to have found this website I never would've known this stuff otherwise..:yep:

LOL! Pincurls are the truth! But you gotta learn how to do them right or you can get ridges from your pins or bends in your hair...if you do, don't give up bc I can't sleep in anything other than pincurls now...you may be one of the lucky ones, tho- that gets it right away...i hope it works out for you!:yep:

Hi Ladies,

I hope that everyone is doing OK and that everyone is happy with their hair growing!!!!! Welcome to all the ladies that have joined since my last post and happy birthday to any who had birthdays!!!!
Sorry :sad: that I haven't been posting but I was going through a rough patch with this pregnancy and because I had a miscarriage two years ago I am being a lot more precautious. I am happy to let everyone know that my health is back on track the baby is moving, having fun, and growing :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: and God willing it stays that way and I will be posting at least 3x times a week. I haven't really been doing anything to my hair, I now have micro braids and I oil my scalp with Parachute Coconut oil, I co wash with V05, and put Herbal Essences LTR leave-in, although I've seem to develop a dandruff problem and extra sensitive scalp.
Although this will not make up I will be going through and reading all the post since I've last been here and hopefully I can contribute. Thank you and hopefully you guys haven't written me off :sad:.

Hey, Cindyl! I was wondering how you and the baby were doing!! I am SOOOOOO glad to hear things are working out for your pregnancy!!! Maybe the sensitive scalp/changes is due to pregnancy. Girl, when those hormones kick in, it's like all bets are off and you just have to try and get through it until your hormones regulate after the baby is born to see what you are really working with and what you need to do...:yep: We'll be here to help you figure it out, tho-!:grin:

How did I not see this thread! Can I join too?

umm, also, I've been doing pincurling and I love it, but is there a way to NOT get the indentations from the bobby pins? I've been using mango butter on my hair before I pin it up, thats about it....

I'm in my goal is continued health, length and thickness ! All natural and loving every minute of it !!! Started my transition August of 2007, BC'd December 9, 2007 now in my 6th month of nappiness. Less is more for me !!

My regimen is as followed:

Wash weekly with JASON Tea Tree Shampoo
Condition with Aussie Moist w/ Tea Tree Oil added when I'm not DC'ing
DC with ORS Replenishing Pak every other week
Clarify monthly with ACV
Moisterize with Hawaiian Silky Gel Activator
Spritz with water and Rosemary oil
Use Bee Mine Hair Growth Serum as a growth aide

Attachments

• resize for LHCF.jpg
    resize for LHCF.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
How did I not see this thread! Can I join too?

umm, also, I've been doing pincurling and I love it, but is there a way to NOT get the indentations from the bobby pins? I've been using mango butter on my hair before I pin it up, thats about it....

WELCOME!!:grin: & yes there is a way to get pincurls without the indentations...ooh, girl, I am trying to think of how to explain it...so you basically have to roll the curl as if your hair was going to be curled back away from your face and then you place the bobby pin underneath the top layer of the pin curl (you should still push the pin on all the way through the curl), so that it makes a loosly pinned curl. It may seem not very stable, but when you tie your scarf or rag, they will then stay in place, and you shouldn't get the indentions. I tried to take a coupla pics, but my hair is in a braidout, so the texture was making the pic kinda weird...I hope you can see some of what I am talking about though...:look:

I am a newbie who wants to be c:yep:unted in! Sign me up!!!

WELCOME!

I'm in my goal is continued health, length and thickness ! All natural and loving every minute of it !!! Started my transition August of 2007, BC'd December 9, 2007 now in my 6th month of nappiness. Less is more for me !!

My regimen is as followed:

Wash weekly with JASON Tea Tree Shampoo
Condition with Aussie Moist w/ Tea Tree Oil added when I'm not DC'ing
DC with ORS Replenishing Pak every other week
Clarify monthly with ACV
Moisterize with Hawaiian Silky Gel Activator
Spritz with water and Rosemary oil
Use Bee Mine Hair Growth Serum as a growth aide

Oooh, nice regi! You have some length stretched, too! :grin: How do you like the JASON? What is the tea tree oil doing for your hair?

Newbie question: What is the proper water ratio in an AVC rinse? TIA

Sorry, I dunno...I haven't tried ACV yet...

Attachments

• 100_5333.JPG
    100_5333.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_5336.JPG
    100_5336.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
WELCOME!!:grin: & yes there is a way to get pincurls without the indentations...ooh, girl, I am trying to think of how to explain it...so you basically have to roll the curl as if your hair was going to be curled back away from your face and then you place the bobby pin underneath the top layer of the pin curl (you should still push the pin on all the way through the curl), so that it makes a loosly pinned curl. It may seem not very stable, but when you tie your scarf or rag, they will then stay in place, and you shouldn't get the indentions. I tried to take a coupla pics, but my hair is in a braidout, so the texture was making the pic kinda weird...I hope you can see some of what I am talking about though...:look:

WELCOME!

Oooh, nice regi! You have some length stretched, too! :grin: How do you like the JASON? What is the tea tree oil doing for your hair?

Sorry, I dunno...I haven't tried ACV yet...

Thank you :grin: I love the JASON brand it doesn't strip my hair and it moisturizes nicely for a all natural shampoo. The tea tree oil clears the scalp of help to unblock clogged hair follicles, moisturize the hair and keep the scalp free of bacteria and fungal problems. So I add it to my conditioner as well as add more to my shampoo. BTW, I'm at my 6th month of being natural and I only had 1 - 1 1/2 inches when I BC'd and less when I got my trim/shape up. :grin: !!!

Last edited:
Forgive my newbiness
ORS olive oil. Is this considered a moisturizer?

Girl, nothing to forgive. ORS makes so much stuff.

Check out their website and products:

http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/products/index.htm

IT just depends on which one you are talking about. I have used the Olive Oil creme as a moisturizer. It's kind of heavy, so I stopped using it. The lotion is more of a daily moisturizer if you're into that...

ETA: I think both of them contain mineral oil, which was the main reason I stopped using them I think...mineral oil is too heavy for my hair. I like coconut oil better...

Last edited:
Thank you :grin: I love the JASON brand it doesn't strip my hair and it moisturizes nicely for a all natural shampoo. The tea tree oil clears the scalp of help to unblock clogged hair follicles, moisturize the hair and keep the scalp free of bacteria and fungal problems. So I add it to my conditioner as well as add more to my shampoo. BTW, I'm at my 6th month of being natural and I only had 1 - 1 1/2 inches when I BC'd and less when I got my trim/shape up. :grin: !!!

hmmm...:scratchch i'ma haveta remember that bout Jason's when I get more NG...I am enjoying my braidout's so much now, I feel like I will be wearing these all the time throughout my transition....

your hair is GROWING LIKE MAD!!!! I can see how a helathy scalp could be great for your hair...hmmmm....jason's......:grin:

Hi Ladies,

Welcome back Cindyl!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad things are working out good for you. I hope they continue going good for you and that blessings go your way. :)

Just wanna say welcome to all the new ladies who have joined this thread. Been gone for a while traveling, but i hope u ladies are doing well.
:welcome3:

Umm...well, this is my first post ever. Just paid my $6.50(missed out on the $5.00 membership:wallbash:. Must be gas prices:ohwell:) Any who, after months of "lurking":fan: I decided to reep the benefits of being a paid member.:clap:
After years of weaves (glue), overprocessing, heat damage and everything bad you could think of:spank:.....I'm now BALD (not really but seriously):whyme:

That out of the way...is it too late for me to join this thread? And can someone adopt me? Im trying to grow my nappy nape:nono:

Umm...well, this is my first post ever. Just paid my $6.50(missed out on the $5.00 membership:wallbash:. Must be gas prices:ohwell:) Any who, after months of "lurking":fan: I decided to reep the benefits of being a paid member.:clap:
After years of weaves (glue), overprocessing, heat damage and everything bad you could think of:spank:.....I'm now BALD (not really but seriously):whyme:

That out of the way...is it too late for me to join this thread? And can someone adopt me? Im trying to grow my nappy nape:nono:

Girl, welcome! Congrats on your first post! It's not too late, just figure out your goal(s), post a starting pic and update us each month with progress and a pic. That's it! Join in anytime or ask anything, but it sounds like you been lurking ($5 membership...LOL), so I think you'll be straight!

WELCOME AGAIN!:grin:

I just found this site last week and I love it! I am new to this forum and good hair care all together. Back in 9th grade I cut my shoulder length hair to a short short shaved in the back style. Well ever since then I have been trying to grow it back. I am now 27 years old. :nono: I have been wearing the weaves, pony tails and everything else that keeps braking my hair. I hate wearing fake hair and want my own hair length back. Seriously, I've never been into fashion, don't wear makeup and don't go to the salon. I'm not a girly type of girl but my hair is what makes me and I'm ready to commit to serious hair care. The back of my hair is to the bottom of my neck and the front goes to the beginning of my eye. So it is way too short to get the look that I want. (the picture in my avatar is me with my weave, I hate taking pictures with my own hair, but hopefully not for long!) Right now my goal is to get my shortest hair back to shoulder length.

Two weeks ago I limited and changed my hair products.

I am now using ORS olive oil relaxer, Aubrey Organics Hunnysuckle Rose Conditioner, Aubrey Organics White Camille Shampoo and Hawaiian Silky 13 in 1 miracle spray.

I have read some things on this site that I want to try such as the co-washing and the deep co-washing. Can you do both or should I only do one? and if I do both should I use two different conditioners?

Any advice would be helpful to me. I don't even have a hair regime. It's past time for me to start feeling sexy and beautiful with my own hair.

Last edited:
I just found this site last week and I love it! I am new to this forum and good hair care all together. Back in 9th grade I cut my shoulder length hair to a short short shaved in the back style. Well ever since then I have been trying to grow it back. I am now 27 years old. :nono: I have been wearing the weaves, pony tails and everything else that keeps braking my hair. I hate wearing fake hair and want my own hair length back. Seriously, I've never been into fashion, don't wear makeup and don't go to the salon. I'm not a girly type of girl but my hair is what makes me and I'm ready to commit to serious hair care. The back of my hair is to the bottom of my neck and the front goes to the beginning of my eye. So it is way too short to get the look that I want. Right now my goal is to get my shortest hair back to shoulder length.

Two weeks ago I limited and changed my hair products.

I am now using ORS olive oil relaxer, Aubrey Organics Hunnysuckle Rose Conditioner, Aubrey Organics White Camille Shampoo and Hawaiian Silky 13 in 1 miracle spray.

I have read some things on this site that I want to try such as the co-washing and the deep co-washing. Can you do both or should I only do one? and if I do both should I use two different conditioners?

Any advice would be helpful to me. I don't even have a hair regime. It's past time for me to start feeling sexy and beautiful with my own hair.

WELCOME! what's deep co-washing?

Hi All,

I'm a newbie. I've done a little bit of lurking and finally decided to post. I'm currently at SL with hopes of getting back to the long, healthy, BSL I had pre military. I had to cut my hair for boot camp and haven't been able to get it back where it was since especially with moving to different climates every 2-3yrs. I want to be able to maintain a healthy full head of hair with or without a beautician. It usually takes me a while to find a good stylist whenever I move because I am very picky about who touches my thin/fine hair.
I relax every 3-4mths using Affirm, but will be switching back to Mizani
I plan on DC every week and pooing every 2-3days if my workout increases
I take biotin and a regular multi-vitamin everyday and wear rollersets, one french braid to the back or donut buns on a regular.

Any suggestions on my regimine?

Hi All,

I'm a newbie. I've done a little bit of lurking and finally decided to post. I'm currently at SL with hopes of getting back to the long, healthy, BSL I had pre military. I had to cut my hair for boot camp and haven't been able to get it back where it was since especially with moving to different climates every 2-3yrs. I want to be able to maintain a healthy full head of hair with or without a beautician. It usually takes me a while to find a good stylist whenever I move because I am very picky about who touches my thin/fine hair.
I relax every 3-4mths using Affirm, but will be switching back to Mizani
I plan on DC every week and pooing every 2-3days if my workout increases
I take biotin and a regular multi-vitamin everyday and wear rollersets, one french braid to the back or donut buns on a regular.

Any suggestions on my regimine?

WELCOME! It sounds like you do a lot of good stuff already! Relaxer stretches, regular DCs, vitamins, protective styles etc. The only thing I have found that I love is to maybe add a little coconut oil to seal and moisturize when you do your braids and buns (i.e. add a little before you do either). It has really helped my moisture retention and has kept my hair feeling soft...

WELCOME AGAIN!!!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, very confused about how to start my new healthy hair journey.. How do I start.. and advice please. How do I figure out my hair type..ect?

For years I have been wearing weaves, wigs, braids..etc all the while not treating my several damaged hair. Finally I deceided on change. So on 6/21 I went to a local salon, got a relaxer Mizani Butter Blend, Deep Conditioner and Short cut with layers. My hair goal for is SL. Looking for help, Plus fellow member in the philly, buck county area PA.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, very confused about how to start my new healthy hair journey.. How do I start.. and advice please. How do I figure out my hair type..ect?

Welcome! Here are some threads for your to read and get you started:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=248359
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=186229

Your best bet is to start doing some research, understand your hair needs, and start mapping out your strategy for meeting those needs. Again, these articles should get you started in understanding the basics and you can ask further questions as they come up...

Remember, try to keep you regi as simple as possible. It doesn't need to be uber complicated to be effective, especially when you are just starting out. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions, especially in our thread. We ask and answer the "dumb" questions (they aren't dumb to us, tho-:lachen:)and eveyone here is in the same boat, so your question may help someone else.

Also, there is a "dumb questions" thread that may be useful to you...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=247447

HTH! (Hope THis Helps!):grin:
HHG! (Happy Hair Growing!):grin:

Welcome! Here are some threads for your to read and get you started:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=248359
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=186229

Your best bet is to start doing some research, understand your hair needs, and start mapping out your strategy for meeting those needs. Again, these articles should get you started in understanding the basics and you can ask further questions as they come up...

Remember, try to keep you regi as simple as possible. It doesn't need to be uber complicated to be effective, especially when you are just starting out. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions, especially in our thread. We ask and answer the "dumb" questions (they aren't dumb to us, tho-:lachen:)and eveyone here is in the same boat, so your question may help someone else.

Also, there is a "dumb questions" thread that may be useful to you...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=247447

HTH! (Hope THis Helps!):grin:
HHG! (Happy Hair Growing!):grin:

Thanks a bunch. Checking out the links now!:yawn:

WELCOME! It sounds like you do a lot of good stuff already! Relaxer stretches, regular DCs, vitamins, protective styles etc. The only thing I have found that I love is to maybe add a little coconut oil to seal and moisturize when you do your braids and buns (i.e. add a little before you do either). It has really helped my moisture retention and has kept my hair feeling soft...

WELCOME AGAIN!!!

Thanks for the advice. I just made a MN mixture that has a cocount oil hairdress conditioner by Blue Magic in it, do you think that will suffice? I do hot oil treatments with cholesterol oil with every wash right now. Do you suggest maybe using cocount oil instead of the cholesterol oil?

Thanks for the advice. I just made a MN mixture that has a cocount oil hairdress conditioner by Blue Magic in it, do you think that will suffice? I do hot oil treatments with cholesterol oil with every wash right now. Do you suggest maybe using cocount oil instead of the cholesterol oil?

Oh, girl, you may not need it then...Coconut oil (and shea butter on my new growth) just works for my hair like no other.:yep: But, if what you are doing is working for you, ain't no need to change.:nono: Do what works on your hair. :yep: That's how I got caught up being a Product Junkie, trying new stuff even when the old stuff was already working...
:ohwell:

:welcome3: SailorSuccess, Slim Thick, Twilight, TooCute, lol, i think thats all of you. I hope u all have great success on your hair care journey.

Hey FM!!!!!!!!!

Oh, girl, you may not need it then...Coconut oil (and shea butter on my new growth) just works for my hair like no other.:yep: But, if what you are doing is working for you, ain't no need to change.:nono: Do what works on your hair. :yep: That's how I got caught up being a Product Junkie, trying new stuff even when the old stuff was already working...
:ohwell:

I'm slowly figuring my hair out. I've figured out what doesn't work, but figuring out the what does is the problem. With me being in the military and constantly changing climates, it's hard to keep up. Usually by the time I figure out what works, it's time to move into a different climate. Just like now I'm in Okinawa, Japan where it's hot and humid but I transfer to Maryland in August.
I haven't tried the MN yet, but will probably start tonight. I did a DC last night and while my hair is soft, silky, with a lot of body my scalp is as dry as the Sahara desert. I'll update as once I try the mixture to see how things go.

Thanks for your help.

:welcome3: SailorSuccess, Slim Thick, Twilight, TooCute, lol, i think thats all of you. I hope u all have great success on your hair care journey.

Hey FM!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to all the newbies!!! :grin::grin::grin:

I guess if you have any questions just ask FM...dang, she knows how to direct people to threads and everything :lachen::yep:.

Back