Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Okay so i haven't posted in a while...I GRADUATED FROM UNDERGRAD!!!!! and now well the real world hit me like a ton of bricks, had to find a job, consider if i was going right into a master yall know the deal. So the last time I spoke to you ladies I had gone ahead and gotten kinky twist.I anticipated that my hair would take a beating with my post grad indecisiveness, but I'm back on track (landed a job fyi) I will leave my twist in for 2 more weeks. This will make me 1 week shy of 2 months. I can't handle it anymore I want to see my hair. I have been cw throughout my twist confinement and well i can say my new growth is nice and soft. I will do a hot6oil massage this afternoon as I watch tv.

I have been trying to figure out what I should do first and immediately after I remove my twistt...fyi I have made the decision to go back to a relaxer and stretching in between relaxers at first for 8 weeks then moving to 12. So what do you guys think and pics will come as soon as the last braid is out!

Thanks everyone!:yawn:

Okay so i haven't posted in a while...I GRADUATED FROM UNDERGRAD!!!!! and now well the real world hit me like a ton of bricks, had to find a job, consider if i was going right into a master yall know the deal. So the last time I spoke to you ladies I had gone ahead and gotten kinky twist.I anticipated that my hair would take a beating with my post grad indecisiveness, but I'm back on track (landed a job fyi) I will leave my twist in for 2 more weeks. This will make me 1 week shy of 2 months. I can't handle it anymore I want to see my hair. I have been cw throughout my twist confinement and well i can say my new growth is nice and soft. I will do a hot6oil massage this afternoon as I watch tv.

I have been trying to figure out what I should do first and immediately after I remove my twistt...fyi I have made the decision to go back to a relaxer and stretching in between relaxers at first for 8 weeks then moving to 12. So what do you guys think and pics will come as soon as the last braid is out!

Thanks everyone!:yawn:

CONGRATS, GRADUATE!!!:woot: YOU ROCK! :rocker:

The only thing I would suggest is maybe do a good DC the night you take the braids down and then 4-7 days before you do your relaxer is to do a real good protein treatment.:yep:

Can't wait to see pics!!!!

"We ask and answer the "dumb" questions (they aren't dumb to us, tho-:lachen:)and eveyone here is in the same boat, so your question may help someone else."

Thanks for saying this FindingME!

I made a joke comment in another thread and out came the clique-y forum bullies. But no big deal for the most part the women on this forum are awesome.

I thought it was too late to join this post, but since it's not, I'd like to join too. I'm still learing how to post pics and to make a fotki.

Since I'm new I'm starting off simple. Started con-washing -will do this at least 2x per week. Also I'm so inspired by this site that I may transition (I've wanted to, for years).

I continue to read about having the right moisture/protein balance, and how some people apply too much protein. How do you know when your hair needs protein and how do you know when it has too much?

Thank you all.

"We ask and answer the "dumb" questions (they aren't dumb to us, tho-:lachen:)and eveyone here is in the same boat, so your question may help someone else."

Thanks for saying this FindingME!

I made a joke comment in another thread and out came the clique-y forum bullies. But no big deal for the most part the women on this forum are awesome.

I thought it was too late to join this post, but since it's not, I'd like to join too. I'm still learing how to post pics and to make a fotki.

Since I'm new I'm starting off simple. Started con-washing -will do this at least 2x per week. Also I'm so inspired by this site that I may transition (I've wanted to, for years).

I continue to read about having the right moisture/protein balance, and how some people apply too much protein. How do you know when your hair needs protein and how do you know when it has too much?

Thank you all.

Yep. welcome! Did you read these threads on moisture/protein balance?
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84746

They shoud help:yep:
Hair that has too much protein tends to be more brittle and does not have much elasticity (stretch) before breaking.

Thank you findingme! I'm guess I will do a nexxus deep conditioning
CONGRATS, GRADUATE!!!:woot: YOU ROCK! :rocker:

The only thing I would suggest is maybe do a good DC the night you take the braids down and then 4-7 days before you do your relaxer is to do a real good protein treatment.:yep:

Can't wait to see pics!!!!

How are you? I do want to say that your hair looks amazing in your Avatar. Just gorgeous.

:lachen:That was funny, but so true. FM is on it no matter what it is. I wanna be like her when i grow up!!!!!!!:grin:

And :welcome3: Hairedity!!!!!
hey, Fiya!! baby sis, you so funny!:blowkiss: Thanks for the nice words!

Fiya'slovechild -thanks for the welcome :sunshine:

...I can't wait to see the progress pics. So when's the next time we're posting pictures?

whole head relaxer?

You know your addicted to your hair when you start dreaming of things that can harm or help...so I was in bed and woke up thinking when I get my relaxer considering I'm going from natural to relax do I make them do the whole head?

:blush: I've been trying to find a post about this but no one who went back to relaxer posted anything....

Re: whole head relaxer?

You know your addicted to your hair when you start dreaming of things that can harm or help...so I was in bed and woke up thinking when I get my relaxer considering I'm going from natural to relax do I make them do the whole head?

:blush: I've been trying to find a post about this but no one who went back to relaxer posted anything....

if it's a virgin relaxer (meaning all natural hair), you have to do the whole head...:yep: otherwise, you just do the new growth...

Hi Laies!! I am a newbie, and found this site by accident. I've been reading different posts for a few weeks and decided on some of the techniques that were recommended. First, let me say that currently, my hair is shoulder length. However, since I'm in the gym all of the time, and my hair is constantly wet due to sweating, I had no choice than to add tracks. So far, so good.

Now, as for the challenge, count me in! Since I've been reading different threads on hair growth, I first adopted the MN technique. Let me tell you....it has been quite a journey. I live in the DC area and finding Neosporin AF was difficult. So, instead, I purchased the 4% MN..several boxes. So when I went to the counter, the guy is looking at me like WTF! I was like whatever, and kept it moving. Of course, I did go to a store out of my neighborhood to purchase it *laffin*. Well, its only been two weeks for my tracks, and judging from the newgrowth, it's off the chain! I don't think my tracks will last another month, but I'm willing to try and hang on. Meanwhile, I mixed the MN 4% with my Carol's Daughter's Hair Elixir along with my Profective Moisturizer (I only had a small amount of Profective left, and besides, I used it to mix my MN). Also, the MN 4% has a very thick texture, so I was heavy handed with the hair elixir. I figured rather than buying all of these natural oils, use what I have. I use it EVERY single day.

I don't mean to make this long and boring, but I also purchased the Mega Tek (the condition). I too will mix the Carol's Daughters Hair Elixir in that mixture also. So ladies, happy growing, and I hope this helps! As soon as I remove my tracks, (at this rapid speed of growth, this shall be soon) I will submit pics with updates.

I forgot to mention that I take Maxi Hair vitamins and 5000mcg of Biotin. Here are a list of items that I did try along with their results.

Wild Growth Oil - It works...just have to be patient. The one in the yellow bottle smells delicious. You can purchase this at your local Sally's.

UBH - Ultra Black Hair products. I think the protein in the condition was too strong for my hair. Thank goodness I purchased the small bottle.

Aphogee Two Step Treatment - THIS IS THE BOMB!!!!!! I seriously recommend you add this to your regime. I do mines once a month.

My goal is to have my hair grow to bra length.

Hey ladies

I know I have been away for a longggggg time I miss you ladies so much.

Im having such a hard time at work (Im in banking) and having to make numbers, its the end of a rough quater so much going on.

Im up for a promo so I hope that goes well, keeping my fingers cross

I think Ive lost about an inch :nono: due to work work work and no time for haircare

I see you ladies are keeping up the good work and the heads are lovely

I think I will do a pony tonight bc i have to be at work super early this week will post pics

welcome to all the newbies and i hope to be back on track very soon.

I forgot to mention that I take Maxi Hair vitamins and 5000mcg of Biotin. Here are a list of items that I did try along with their results.

Wild Growth Oil - It works...just have to be patient. The one in the yellow bottle smells delicious. You can purchase this at your local Sally's.

UBH - Ultra Black Hair products. I think the protein in the condition was too strong for my hair. Thank goodness I purchased the small bottle.

Aphogee Two Step Treatment - THIS IS THE BOMB!!!!!! I seriously recommend you add this to your regime. I do mines once a month.

My goal is to have my hair grow to bra length.

Cool!!!! wild growth oil huh?....i may have to take a look at anext time i'm in sally's:grin:....thanks for the tip!:yep:

Hey ladies

Im having such a hard time at work (Im in banking) and having to make numbers, its the end of a rough quater so much going on.

I think Ive lost about an inch :nono: due to work work work and no time for haircare

I think I will do a pony tonight bc i have to be at work super early this week will post pics

Hey pretty! We miss you, sis!!!! I will wait to hear the good news of your promo (already claiming it!:yep:)

You take it easy and we'll be here when you get some time-

Remember to just breathe...this too shall pass....

Hey ladies

Hey PRetty. We miss you lady. I wish u blessings on that promotion. Your hair will be back on track too. Things pop up in our lives. Just take things one day at a time.

Hi Laies!! I am a newbie, and found this site by accident. I've been reading different posts for a few weeks and decided on some of the techniques that were recommended. First, let me say that currently, my hair is shoulder length. However, since I'm in the gym all of the time, and my hair is constantly wet due to sweating, I had no choice than to add tracks. So far, so good.

Now, as for the challenge, count me in! Since I've been reading different threads on hair growth, I first adopted the MN technique. Let me tell you....it has been quite a journey. I live in the DC area and finding Neosporin AF was difficult. So, instead, I purchased the 4% MN..several boxes. So when I went to the counter, the guy is looking at me like WTF! I was like whatever, and kept it moving. Of course, I did go to a store out of my neighborhood to purchase it *laffin*. Well, its only been two weeks for my tracks, and judging from the newgrowth, it's off the chain! I don't think my tracks will last another month, but I'm willing to try and hang on. Meanwhile, I mixed the MN 4% with my Carol's Daughter's Hair Elixir along with my Profective Moisturizer (I only had a small amount of Profective left, and besides, I used it to mix my MN). Also, the MN 4% has a very thick texture, so I was heavy handed with the hair elixir. I figured rather than buying all of these natural oils, use what I have. I use it EVERY single day.

I don't mean to make this long and boring, but I also purchased the Mega Tek (the condition). I too will mix the Carol's Daughters Hair Elixir in that mixture also. So ladies, happy growing, and I hope this helps! As soon as I remove my tracks, (at this rapid speed of growth, this shall be soon) I will submit pics with updates.

:welcome3: That Jersey girl!!!!!!!! Your regi is on point!!!!!! lol, i wish i had it all together like that when i first joined.

Cool!!!! wild growth oil huh?....i may have to take a look at anext time i'm in sally's:grin:....thanks for the tip!:yep:

Yes, the wild growth oil actually works! As I mentioned earlier, you just have to be patient with it. You can also go to their website at www.wildgrowth.com and read their testimonials. But the one mixture that has worked for me has been my MN mixture. I just mixed my MN 4% with Carol's Daughter's Hair elixir and that's it! I'm telling you it works. I've been lurking around this site for two months before I decided to join, and have been reading about the success of others using this mixture. I am not a beautician, but only use what works, and what I do know is that for African American hair, it is very important to moisturize your hair, DAILY! And since I have a sew in, I spray my tracks with Infusium(?). This leave in has been good to me, so I just pour some in a spray bottle and spray it on my roots and tracks, because I notice with the MN mixture, although I use a good oil with it, my hair soaks it up! As a side note, I use the MN mixture every single day.

I will take my tracks down in two weeks, if I can stand it until then. Meanwhile, I will post pics soon. Currently, my hair is shoulder length. My goal is to have it bra length. At the rate with this MN mixture (and when I receive my Mega Tek, which should arrive this week), I should be there in no time.

Please keep us posted, and happy growing!! So glad I joined this forum....

Hi all,

Im a newbie as in joind ages ago but only subscribed last month- I need all the help I can get from you ladies.

I think im a 3c/4a with natural just past shoulder length hair, its in braids and has been for the past 5/6 years but looking to take them down in a few weeks.

im all for mega-tek, just got my batch oh and De'louise hair stuff (its fab!!)

so hey!!!

Hi u guys, :newbie: here.Ive been lurking:sekret: for a couple of months now.Let me start off by saying, I have no idea what my hair type is. Im relaxed and have thin hair.Im currently neck length, and would honestly be happy with shoulder length hair:grin:. right now my regime is co wash 3x a wk,w/ ORS OO conditioner,shampoo 2x a wk w/ORS OO,dc w/ORS RP only once a week. Mind u I just started this routine like 2wks ago,so if anyone have any sugg pls feel free to respond.Before LHCF I abandon and neglected my hair for 10 mos:nono: hiding it under wigs, and sleeping w/o anything on it,and it would be matted together,and instead of combing it i would just put the wig back on:wallbash:. Any way I decided to get real about my hair and let it try to grow:yep:. I still wear wigs(would not leave the house w/o it) because my hair is short, uneven, and thin.But I am taking care of it now. My goal for the rest of this year is to achieve that shoulder length hair, so I can toss those wigs(in storage,of course):lachen:And wear my own hair......sorry so long:ohwell:

Last edited:
Welcome Tangela, Pureebony, and JerseyGirl! :grin:

And PR3TTY!!! It's so good to see you again! I've been wondering where you were. We totally understand, b/c life just gets crazy sometimes, so we're wishing you the best (hope you get the promotion :grin:) and we'll be there to support you in getting back on track :yep:.

:grin:Minor update - My Mega Tek Cell Builder, Advocado Detangling Rinse, Coat Builder (By the way ladies, the Cell Builder and Coat Builder are one in the same - I called the company for confirmation) came today!!!! You guys should have saw me....I was clappin like da Clumps!!!, I was so cised!!! Oh, and their Premier Shampoo, which I will dilute with water (as they do for the horses, so I was told from the company). So the guy from the mailroom delivers my package, that I have to sign for, looking at me with the "deer in the headlights" look :blush:

Anyway, I will dilute my Cell Builder (small amount) with my Carol's Daughter's Hair Elixir and some Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), which I had some in the kitchen. Yes, I am totally using what I have. :grin: Starting tonight, I will put the Cell Builder on my scalp only using an applicator bottle with the tip (because I have tracks), that I purchased from Sally's. I will apply it to my scalp twice a day, morning and at night for faster results.

Oh, and it smells WONDERFUL!!! When I take my tracks down (in two weeks), I will post pictures. This $6.00 investment to the forum was worth it ...with this wealth of information that I have received from you guys!!! It's worth its weight in gold!!!!!!

Hello Ladies,

I’d like to read this thread on its entirety, but first took a moment to say a few words. I’m also a newbie here (post #2 if you noticed) but I’ve been around for more than a year now. You ladies are amazing, so I decided to subscribe to say THANK YOU! and share my regime (Still have to write it down, so please bear with me) and progress on my hair-niversary. How exiting, I won’t feel let out any more…….lol

Welcome, Hairdrama! I was a lurker too and waited a while to actually subscribe, but it is definitely worth it! PLEASE share your regimen with us and keep us updated on your progress :grin:.

Another minor update - I just came from the "lab" (kitchen) from mixing my Mega Tek with my Carol's Daughters Hair Elixir and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Ummm....do not use too much of the EVOO!! I forgot to mention that I added a little water. I shook the bottle for a good while, and let it sit to see what it would do...the oil settled on top, so I drained it off, shook again and all is well! Ok..so the water caused it to separate. Problem solved. I applied it on my scalp, and massaged it, threw a plastic cap on my head. For aggressive growth, I will be applying tommorrow morning!

Ok..it's been 15 minutes after my massage, and my scalp feels like it's pulsating.....good tingly feeling!!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM HAIRDRAMA!!!

Back