Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

I've never had a sew in, but don't you get the whole head corn-rowed for that? I would think that would be less stress on your hair than individual braids...if that's not how you do it, then disregard this post :creatures

Yeah that's how you do it.
I've had sew-ins before but you know how a person can tell you something and it;ll make you second guess your methods...?
LOL
That's where I was.

I've just decided to do what I want...

Thnks for info Fiya.

Last edited:
LOL PhoEnix!!

It WAS fabulous, but since it's been growing it's getting on my nerves a bit now actually.

I also realised that I didn't really take any good pics when I had it done - well not any I wanna show anyone anyway :nono:

Good luck with your challenge - I really want to get started on one soon myself. Are you back on track with it now..?

I'm STILL hating!
LOL

And Yeah I'm back on track. Been feeling REAL lazy lately. I decided against the sew-in. Decided I'd just braid my hair up and leave it that way for 1-2 mths.

Hey,
Ladies I haven't posted in a while..... I have been so busy with school!!! I have to vent . I like my hairdressor but I had some massive NG and saw some nice length pretouch-up. While nappy I saw some length. I noticed official APL!!! Ok I just wanted a lil trim...... now I am right above APL!!!!!:wallbash: I really just wanted a little dusting. It was too kinky to trim before touch-up so it was trimmed after touch-up was rinsed out. I didn't want my longer hair that covered shorter hair evened to the shorter length underneath but my hair was cut to the underneath length. I know eventually this evening out would have to be done but not now.... I am a lil frustrated but yes It does look better and healthier but I really wasn't ready to let go of my length yet. I will post pics this weekend. I want to let some of my curls drop first. I guess I need to look at the brightside I do not have to worry about two different lengths in the back anymore:look:

SUMMER your hair is still lovely. I peeped your fotki. It would bug me too but think of it this way...at least you know you know your ends are straight!
You should reach APL with no issue.:yep:

PRAISEDANCER your coming along nicely.

HELLO AHAMLET1:wavey:---and all the other newbies too (i'm just too lazy to scroll down and address you personally but you know who you are!!:wavey:)

These pics are of a air roller set i did sunday. I'm 7 weeks post and my newgrowth is getting crazy. I was planning on relaxing on the 13th, but i may wait until the end of the month. We'll see. I really want to post a length shot so the 13th will probably be the day.

121pjk7.jpg

2qal9uw.jpg

2061ult.jpg

2vtytzm.jpg

OMG! I need my shades!:lachen:Too Pretty!

Hey ladies, it's been a while since I've been on, we had to move and I didn't have any internet access for some time but I just wanted to post a progress pic. The 1st is my starting out, the 2nd is current.

I can see progress!! Congrats!! :grin:That little band of color is moving right on down to the ends...:yep:

OMG! I need my shades!:lachen:Too Pretty!

:lachen:Thanks FM!!!!!! I'm upset though. I didn't start taking them down until i was heading out somewhere and some in the back were still damp!!!!!!!!! after about 12 hours at that. So, they look a whole lot better today. I need to flat iron my roots though. They will not stay down :rolleyes::wallbash:

SUMMER your hair is still lovely. I peeped your fotki. It would bug me too but think of it this way...at least you know you know your ends are straight!
You should reach APL with no issue.:yep:

PRAISEDANCER your coming along nicely.

HELLO AHAMLET1:wavey:---and all the other newbies too (i'm just too lazy to scroll down and address you personally but you know who you are!!:wavey:)

Thanks!!!!! I just joined the new trim challenge again.

Thanks Summer! I have to rectify 10 years of damaged hair. It's a process but I know I'll get there. And with the help of Macherieamour I know I can do it.

I'm in!! It is very hard as a newbie. I just joined and my hair is in terrible shape. Years of poor hair care just because I didn't know any better.

Girl I know exactly how you feel but it will get better in no time you wont even believe it

I know im a lil late but here i am checking in for June....I am now 15 weeks post relaxer......happily transitioning!!!:grin:. Just got a sew in today...man it hurts! i will be posting pics soon

I know im a lil late but here i am checking in for June....I am now 15 weeks post relaxer......happily transitioning!!!:grin:. Just got a sew in today...man it hurts! i will be posting pics soon

Hey, BB!! I was wondering where you were...Can't wait to see your pics. I know your hair is pretty. I am almost 10 weeks post and doing well at the beginning of my transition as well...no significant issues so far!

HHG!

So I've been a good lil' newbie and have been studying threads and fotki's and here's what I've come up with....Oh yeah, I'll be getting a relaxer wed.

Hair reg.
Shampoo 1 a week-pre-poo
Clarify 2x a month (once every 2 weeks)

DC 2x week w/ moisturizing conditioner
Daily moisturize.Seal w/castor oil.
Daily Co-wash?
Daily apply MGT
Wrap Daily

(I'm using so much moisture because my hair already tends to be dry, esp. in summer, and I'll be using Mega-Tek which I hear has alot of protein.)

Styling
Bobby pins (french roll) once a week
Braid out
Roller Set

(The only heat I'll be getting is from a dome dryer while DC'ing)

Did I leave anything out? Any suggestions? I still need to find a good moisturizer so I'm open to suggestions?

Last edited:
So I've been a good lil' newbie and have been studying threads and fotki's and here's what I've come up with....Oh yeah, I'll be getting a relaxer wed.

Hair reg.
Shampoo 1 a week-pre-poo
Daily Co-wash?
Daily apply MGT
Wrap Daily
(I'm using so much moisture because my hair already tends to be dry, esp. in summer, and I'll be using Mega-Tek which I hear has alot of protein.)

Styling
Braid out
Roller Set

Did I leave anything out? Any suggestions? I still need to find a good moisturizer so I'm open to suggestions?

Sounds like a GREAT regi! Not all complex! I think you will have great success if you stay with stuff that works for your hair (and not get tempted to try a whole bunch of other stuff) and keep your regi simple like it is! It's low manipulation, too, so that will also help in length retention!

You grow, girl!!:grin:

Last edited:

Hair reg.
Shampoo 1 a week-pre-poo
Daily Co-wash?
Daily apply MGT
Wrap Daily

Styling
Braid out
Roller Set

Welcome Mz. Shug!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome3:

Last edited:
I would like to join, is it too late for me ??

I am starting my journey to get my hair thicker and longer. Right now im shoulder length but very thin.
I thought of cutting my hair off again but now im just gonna work at it.
Im gonna use what I've learn from this site and I will post pics monthly b4 and after poos cons and treatments.
I am a newbie and is finding it hard to fit in with the pace of everyone who has been doing this 4 so long.
I would love for other newbies to join me and lets do the damn thing but if not im willing to go at it alone.

If ur reading this and is willing to do this with me we will have a start date and an ending date.
We will share what products we are gonna use
We will also share if we are willing to use aids (MTG MN etc)
How often we plan on washing relaxing etc.
Hair type
We will be checking in with progress pics monthly (this is a must)

I welcome anyone who will keep this thread going and who wants to reach their hair goal especially if ur a newbie.

Im determine to have the hair I dream of even if I have to do it alone!

looks like I wont have to go at it alone..

Welcome ladies...

PR3TTY
NOEMI
HOTRIBENA
IVY BUTTER
CUTENAPPYGRL
AKIMAT001
TADEJA
MIKAL
CHOCONILLAPRINCESS
LAPACIENCIA
SUNSHINE BABY
SJ11987
MRS. GOOCH
PETITE ONE
EVALINAL
TRAYCEE
BELLEBEBE
GALADRIEL
NATURALLONG81
CINDYL
BEAUTIFULREALITY
MS. AMERAKA
HKKELLY
JOY30906
BEAUTIFULLYBLACK
MRSMERCERY
TLSTACY
GRACEFUL89
MZVEDA
CERCHIER
DAWN1980
CLMACKY
FINDING ME

I went to the salon and got my tex. She curled me up but DH picked me up with the top off the car so away flew the majority of curls!:lachen: So tonight I tried my first protective hair style...Pincurls! I can't wait to see how they turn out. I'm so glad to have found this website I never would've known this stuff otherwise..:yep:

Hi Ladies,

I hope that everyone is doing OK and that everyone is happy with their hair growing!!!!! Welcome to all the ladies that have joined since my last post and happy birthday to any who had birthdays!!!!
Sorry :sad: that I haven't been posting but I was going through a rough patch with this pregnancy and because I had a miscarriage two years ago I am being a lot more precautious. I am happy to let everyone know that my health is back on track the baby is moving, having fun, and growing :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: and God willing it stays that way and I will be posting at least 3x times a week. I haven't really been doing anything to my hair, I now have micro braids and I oil my scalp with Parachute Coconut oil, I co wash with V05, and put Herbal Essences LTR leave-in, although I've seem to develop a dandruff problem and extra sensitive scalp.
Although this will not make up I will be going through and reading all the post since I've last been here and hopefully I can contribute. Thank you and hopefully you guys haven't written me off :sad:.

Back