Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hey ladies.... just wanted to check in.... I have been trying to find the second thread but my pc and the search feature aren't getting along.

I am still waiting for june 7th to flat iron to check my length. I have been tempted to just take pictures of my four plaits just to make it look like something interesting is happening.:grin:...

I think this weekend I am going to try a braid out but who knows....:spinning:... I hope all is well with everyone .

Hello all u happy hair growers :grin:,

I just need to take a moment to vent. I broke down and got a relaxer after a 10 week stretch- this was my 1st stretch I'm proud yet disappointed because I gave in. My hair is about SL and a tad thick for someone w/ a relaxer. NEWAYS my point to mentioning that is I'm going away for a week to Jamaica and want a sew-in really really really bad- something like Kelly Rowland when she goes long and wavey/curly. I want the sew in bc I think it will be easier to care for while I'm away and also I think it will help with growth process. My stylist and I have been arguing about it for 2 months. I dont know what her issue is with doing it. I need a good way of nicely roasting her and saying...'lady its my hair I pay u so u need to do it'

Hello all u happy hair growers :grin:,

I just need to take a moment to vent. I broke down and got a relaxer after a 10 week stretch- this was my 1st stretch I'm proud yet disappointed because I gave in. My hair is about SL and a tad thick for someone w/ a relaxer. NEWAYS my point to mentioning that is I'm going away for a week to Jamaica and want a sew-in really really really bad- something like Kelly Rowland when she goes long and wavey/curly. I want the sew in bc I think it will be easier to care for while I'm away and also I think it will help with growth process. My stylist and I have been arguing about it for 2 months. I dont know what her issue is with doing it. I need a good way of nicely roasting her and saying...'lady its my hair I pay u so u need to do it'

Hey Supagyrl!!!!! Its amazing because i went through this with my stylist as well. I wanted a sew in before i started college to have a simple style to take care of. She would not do it!!!!!! I asked her, she would say okay, then reschedule, to just flat out ignoring me. So, one day i said, i guess i'll go to someone else to get it put it. lol, i had my sew in the next week. It may or may not work for you to do that, but most stylists don't want another doing their clients hair. HTH. :)

Hey Supagyrl!!!!! Its amazing because i went through this with my stylist as well. I wanted a sew in before i started college to have a simple style to take care of. She would not do it!!!!!! I asked her, she would say okay, then reschedule, to just flat out ignoring me. So, one day i said, i guess i'll go to someone else to get it put it. lol, i had my sew in the next week. It may or may not work for you to do that, but most stylists don't want another doing their clients hair. HTH. :)

Thanks Fiya! I will try that. I have been toying with the idea. I hinted around yesterday by asking her if she was worried about having to braid it and telling her I wld have someone else do that part. She wasn't feeling me LOL. Ur suggestion is much better than the roast session I had buzzing in my brain :grin:. I will try again....we have a "consult" on the 15th I'll keep u posted on how it goes.

Thanks Fiya! I will try that. I have been toying with the idea. I hinted around yesterday by asking her if she was worried about having to braid it and telling her I wld have someone else do that part. She wasn't feeling me LOL. Ur suggestion is much better than the roast session I had buzzing in my brain :grin:. I will try again....we have a "consult" on the 15th I'll keep u posted on how it goes.

lol, I'm sure i know what roast u had buzzing:lachen:. And i hope it goes well.

Hi all. I have been a member for some time but mostly remained a lurker. I really don't have anything to add. you ladies all have this down to a science. but i just wanted to thank you al for getting me from sl to bsl. Its ALL because of you. To the newbies have faith they know what they're talking about and have patience and it will come. There may be slip ups (the honey and evoo plus lime concotion i tried was a disaster of epic proportions. :perplexed ) And incredible gems discovered (I add monistat 7 to my hair grease for growth and dandruff relief :grin: ). but if you use your best judgement, don't be a pj (product junkie) and figure out what works for you it's well worth the effort. In a nut shell THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!! I am now considerd a hair guru amongst my peers and have everyone getting strange looks from the clerks at rite aid:lachen: (monistat). But i always point folks in LHCF's direction. You ladies are the best. Now I'm off to try for WL......

Hi all. I have been a member for some time but mostly remained a lurker. I really don't have anything to add. you ladies all have this down to a science. but i just wanted to thank you al for getting me from sl to bsl. Its ALL because of you. To the newbies have faith they know what they're talking about and have patience and it will come. There may be slip ups (the honey and evoo plus lime concotion i tried was a disaster of epic proportions. :perplexed ) And incredible gems discovered (I add monistat 7 to my hair grease for growth and dandruff relief :grin: ). but if you use your best judgement, don't be a pj (product junkie) and figure out what works for you it's well worth the effort. In a nut shell THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!! I am now considerd a hair guru amongst my peers and have everyone getting strange looks from the clerks at rite aid:lachen: (monistat). But i always point folks in LHCF's direction. You ladies are the best. Now I'm off to try for WL......

congrats Mauly!!!!!!! Your encouraging words are truly appreciated. Lets us newbies know it can be done, just takes a little patience.

Hi all! Ive been a member/lurker for about 3/4 months.:yep::newbie: But now I think its time for me to get more involved because I am starting my transition and will need lots of advice and encouragement. I'm currently texlaxed and almost 3 mos. post. I cowash everyday, deep condition every 2/3 days, use aphogee hard protein evey 8 wks. wear a wash n go/puff everyday and try to keep my hands out of my hair throughout the day! Any advice and encouragement will be appreciated!

Hi all! Ive been a member/lurker for about 3/4 months.:yep::newbie: But now I think its time for me to get more involved because I am starting my transition and will need lots of advice and encouragement. I'm currently texlaxed and almost 3 mos. post. I cowash everyday, deep condition every 2/3 days, use aphogee hard protein evey 8 wks. wear a wash n go/puff everyday and try to keep my hands out of my hair throughout the day! Any advice and encouragement will be appreciated!

:welcome4: I am currently relaxed and transitioning and just over 8 weeks post. It sounds like you have it worked out to science! We can keep each other company on our transition:yep: I can't wait to see your starting pics (it's good timing 'cause it can serve as your June update as well...)

:welcome3:

Welcome to all the new ladies

First Fiya your hair looks so nice and you sure got some lenght since the last pic. You are doing a really good job

Klo Im just gonna say ur hair looks so pretty bc I have ran out of praises for ur hair

I must say we are going a good job ladies.

Im still trying to figure out what to do with my hair this summer

Welcome everyone who's new! :hiya3: I've been mia a couple weeks I know. Busy around here, and then my father-in-law passed away and my husband had to go to Puerto Rico for a week for the services and such. I wanted to go with him and take the kids, but it would have cost like $2400 just for the flight... :( Just wanted to say hey on this thread before I headed over to the other one to post length shots for June. Pr3tty, your hair is showing some really nice progress. :yep: You should be proud!

Ok, I know I need to get beat for not posting in this thread :lachen:. Welcome NaturalBeauty and MsMarc, and welcome our other recent newbies! We're all here to help each other in our hair journeys so don't hesitate with any questions and please feel free to share your progress and struggles. HHG!

Hey,
Ladies I haven't posted in a while..... I have been so busy with school!!! I have to vent . I like my hairdressor but I had some massive NG and saw some nice length pretouch-up. While nappy I saw some length. I noticed official APL!!! Ok I just wanted a lil trim...... now I am right above APL!!!!!:wallbash: I really just wanted a little dusting. It was too kinky to trim before touch-up so it was trimmed after touch-up was rinsed out. I didn't want my longer hair that covered shorter hair evened to the shorter length underneath but my hair was cut to the underneath length. I know eventually this evening out would have to be done but not now.... I am a lil frustrated but yes It does look better and healthier but I really wasn't ready to let go of my length yet. I will post pics this weekend. I want to let some of my curls drop first. I guess I need to look at the brightside I do not have to worry about two different lengths in the back anymore:look:

Last edited:
Hey,
Ladies I haven't posted in a while..... I have been so busy with school!!! I have to vent . I like my hairdressor but I had some massive NG and saw some nice length pretouch-up. While nappy I saw some length. I noticed official APL!!! Ok I just wanted a lil trim...... now I am right above APL!!!!!:wallbash: I really just wanted a little dusting. It was too kinky to trim before touch-up so it was trimmed after touch-up was rinsed out. I didn't want my longer hair that covered shorter hair evened to the shorter length underneath but my hair was cut to the underneath length. I know eventually this evening out would have to be done but not now.... I am a lil frustrated but yes It does look better and healthier but I really wasn't ready to let go of my length yet. I will post pics this weekend. I want to let some of my curls drop first. I guess I need to look at the brightside I do not have to worry about two different lengths in the back anymore:look:

Awww, hun, I'm sorry...just look at it this way, at least now your hair will grow back to APL (Soon, too!:yep:) all one length!

Welcome everyone who's new! :hiya3: I've been mia a couple weeks I know. Busy around here, and then my father-in-law passed away and my husband had to go to Puerto Rico for a week for the services and such. I wanted to go with him and take the kids, but it would have cost like $2400 just for the flight... :( Just wanted to say hey on this thread before I headed over to the other one to post length shots for June. Pr3tty, your hair is showing some really nice progress. :yep: You should be proud!

Thanx girl and Im so sorry to hear about your loss

I'm in!! It is very hard as a newbie. I just joined and my hair is in terrible shape. Years of poor hair care just because I didn't know any better.

These pics are of a air roller set i did sunday. I'm 7 weeks post and my newgrowth is getting crazy. I was planning on relaxing on the 13th, but i may wait until the end of the month. We'll see. I really want to post a length shot so the 13th will probably be the day.

121pjk7.jpg

2qal9uw.jpg

2061ult.jpg

2vtytzm.jpg

Hey ladies, it's been a while since I've been on, we had to move and I didn't have any internet access for some time but I just wanted to post a progress pic. The 1st is my starting out, the 2nd is current.

Attachments

• LHFC starting out_edited-1.jpg
    LHFC starting out_edited-1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3
  • HPIM0461_edited-1.jpg
    HPIM0461_edited-1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3
Back