Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

HEY MIKISHA & MS SUNSHINE! :wavey:
How ya'll derrin'?

Your hair is nice Fiya and growing!
I soooo need to buy some rollers and figure out how to do a dern rollerset.
It's mos def on my to-do list.

:dance7:Welcome:dance7:

Ms Sunshine & Mikisha

I upload my pics to photobucket and post from there.Check Suggestions/Q&A at the top of the discussion forum for details. I hope this helps.

Welcome ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Klomax said, photobucket is good, or tinypic. You can also upload them on here as well.

So I got my touch up yesterday and I am very pleased with the growth!!!!
I plan to keep doing what I've been doing (the MN mix, my SAA enhanced products, and vitamins) because the results I got were great.

I'm thinking about going back to Ultra Hair Thick Shake. I used this product a couple of years ago and liked it.

This summer I will probably get a lot of roller sets just to keep the heat off of it.

I'm going to the health food store today to get some grapeseed oil and I'll mix up another batch of MN.

Hi Ladies - do you have room for one more?!! :hiya2:

I joined some time now but have been lurking for ages (!) and this is my 1st post. At last I have something resembling a regimen of some kind happening (I think!) and I'm making some really good progress - I'll post some pics once I stop being lazy and upload them!

I've got a little "Pob" going on (ie. a Posh (Spice) Bob) which I had cut about a month ago as I had some seriously straggly ends due to breakage going on, I cut about 6" off-eeek!! Since then, I've been loving all the knowledge that I've been gaining about the wonders of our glorious crowns and am really looking forward to learning some more.

Looking forward to being one of the crew! :grin:

Welcome Suga! I'm such a cry-baby when it comes to trims that a 6" cut would be like :wallbash:. We're so happy to have you! HHG! :grin:

12 hours isn't bad at all, especially for your length.

The pics below are of my rollerset. My curls are 5 days old on these.
55f52d.jpg

i36gsk.jpg

These are my progress pics. I didn't post a length shot at the beginning of the month. They look the same to me, it does look like its getting thicker though.
Length shot pictures
March 4, 2008:
bi2u6e.jpg

May 16, 2008:
2hdpd9l.jpg

2w6guuu.jpg

ejvtjn.jpg

The color is beautiful :yep:. Your hair is so thick and shiny. How are you maintaining it? (I like to dye my hair, but I'm scared to go a light caramel brown type color :look:)

Welcome Suga! I'm such a cry-baby when it comes to trims that a 6" cut would be like :wallbash:. We're so happy to have you! HHG! :grin:

Thanks for the warm welcome Gala! I know what you mean, I was like :help: when I saw the scissors come out!! But when, I saw the end result I was much happier. It came as a really big shock to realise that I had let my hair get in such a state that I just wanted it to look good again. And I trust my stylist completely (I've known her for about 12 years) so I knew she wasn't going to make me look any worse than I already did!!

Hi Ladies - do you have room for one more?!! :hiya2:

I joined some time now but have been lurking for ages (!) and this is my 1st post. At last I have something resembling a regimen of some kind happening (I think!) and I'm making some really good progress - I'll post some pics once I stop being lazy and upload them!

I've got a little "Pob" going on (ie. a Posh (Spice) Bob) which I had cut about a month ago as I had some seriously straggly ends due to breakage going on, I cut about 6" off-eeek!! Since then, I've been loving all the knowledge that I've been gaining about the wonders of our glorious crowns and am really looking forward to learning some more.

Looking forward to being one of the crew! :grin:

:bighug:Welcome SugaCane:bighug:

12 hours isn't bad at all, especially for your length.

The pics below are of my rollerset. My curls are 5 days old on these.
55f52d.jpg

i36gsk.jpg

These are my progress pics. I didn't post a length shot at the beginning of the month. They look the same to me, it does look like its getting thicker though.
Length shot pictures
March 4, 2008:
bi2u6e.jpg

May 16, 2008:
2hdpd9l.jpg

2w6guuu.jpg

ejvtjn.jpg

fiya! Whazzup!!! Girl, your hair is SOO pretty!!! I am still so in :heart2:with the color it's a shame! You better grow, girl!!! I can tell you are gaining some length...so pretty...

...Oh, the pics at the top are 5 day old curls??:worship2:...i am in awe of your skillz

Welcome to all the new ladies

First Fiya your hair looks so nice and you sure got some lenght since the last pic. You are doing a really good job

Klo Im just gonna say ur hair looks so pretty bc I have ran out of praises for ur hair

I must say we are going a good job ladies.

Im still trying to figure out what to do with my hair this summer

Welcome to all the new ladies

First Fiya your hair looks so nice and you sure got some lenght since the last pic. You are doing a really good job

Klo Im just gonna say ur hair looks so pretty bc I have ran out of praises for ur hair

I must say we are going a good job ladies.

Im still trying to figure out what to do with my hair this summer

I joined Macherieamour's 4 month no heat challenge. You get 3 passes, which I will need because I am in a wedding...but I am doing buns and co-washes for the most part using flexi8's and hairzings

The color is beautiful :yep:. Your hair is so thick and shiny. How are you maintaining it? (I like to dye my hair, but I'm scared to go a light caramel brown type color :look:)

Thanks Galadriel!!!!!! This is my third time getting color. I think i have an addiction. But the key is moisture and never letting it get dry. color tends to dry hair, especially the ends, so you will have to keep them moisturized and sealed, but other than that, its not hard. i don't anything different.

fiya! Whazzup!!! Girl, your hair is SOO pretty!!! I am still so in :heart2:with the color it's a shame! You better grow, girl!!! I can tell you are gaining some length...so pretty...

...Oh, the pics at the top are 5 day old curls??:worship2:...i am in awe of your skillz

lol @ skillz. I don't know, i just roll them at night. I really do appreciate all the help i've gotten from you ladies.

@ Pretty, thank you for the compliment. :grin:

and :welcome2: to Sugacane!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Fiya'sLoveChild!!

I'm really feeling the Newbie love here and I like it!!!! :grin:

All of you ladies have some truly lovely hair going on and I was just wondering...How many of you are on challenges and which ones are you doing at the moment?

I'm really itching to get started on one so I can really track my progress but seem to keep missing the start dates. I think once I've commited myself to one, I would have no excuse but to make the time to get my Fotki sorted out once and for all...:blush:

HEY SUGACANE!:wavey:

I've got a little "Pob" going on (ie. a Posh (Spice) Bob) which...

*GASP*

You got a 'Posh' bob?
Oohh--I'm hatin so HARD, right now!!
LOL

No--I'm just acting stupid. I'm certain that it's FAB-ulous!

Oh yeah fogot to mention I'm just in one challenge SUGA. Co-washing. But I confess I've only cowashed twice this week. I flat-ironed my hair and I just don't feel like doing a braidout. :ohwell:
I'll prolly get back on track Mon or Tuesday.

Last edited:
OK I have question for everyone.
How do you all care for your hair underneath a sew-in?
Or actually...how do you keep it moisturized?
I want to keep my hair moisturized but I'm worried that I'll have to do all this manipulation which will leave my sew-in lookin jacked.

This weekend I might get a sew-in because I'm about to do something drastic to my hair.
Like get a Posh bob...

My beautician is giving me grief over doin my dang sew-in. Said 'it'll put stress on the hair'. That I 'should get individual braids instead'...

I mean how are braids (tree braids and the like)less stressful than a sew-in?
She's really my cousin's girl--so I just tell her to hush her mouth because 'you're doing my sew-in, regardless--I don't even know whyyy you trippin!'
:grin:

I've always had sew-ins. And I'd never even tried to maintain my hair while in a weave.
...and it still grew--so I'm not understanding her. My hair doesn't get matted. Or fall out. My edges don't fade away....I think her hair fears apply to other people. Not me.

But--I could be wrong.
Do ya'll think sew-ins are worse than individual braids?

Thanks Fiya'sLoveChild!!

All of you ladies have some truly lovely hair going on and I was just wondering...How many of you are on challenges and which ones are you doing at the moment?

I'm really itching to get started on one so I can really track my progress but seem to keep missing the start dates. I think once I've commited myself to one, I would have no excuse but to make the time to get my Fotki sorted out once and for all...:blush:

I am in the long and strong from the inside out challenge started by jassy http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=217059, but i have basically fallen off the wagon on that one:ohwell:...i am also in macheries no heat for 4 month blowing in the wind challenge http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=233795 which i just started...

I want to keep my hair moisturized but I'm worried that I'll have to do all this manipulation which will leave my sew-in lookin jacked.

This weekend I might get a sew-in because I'm about to do something drastic to my hair.
Like get a Posh bob...

My beautician is giving me grief over doin my dang sew-in. Said 'it'll put stress on the hair'. That I 'should get individual braids instead'...

She's really my cousin's girl--so I just tell her to hush her mouth because 'you're doing my sew-in, regardless--I don't even know whyyy you trippin!'

I've always had sew-ins. And I'd never even tried to maintain my hair while in a weave.
...and it still grew--so I'm not understanding her. My hair doesn't get matted. Or fall out. My edges don't fade away....I think her hair fears apply to other people. Not me.

But--I could be wrong.

I've never had a sew in, but don't you get the whole head corn-rowed for that? I would think that would be less stress on your hair than individual braids...if that's not how you do it, then disregard this post :creatures

Thanks Fiya'sLoveChild!!

Besides this one, i'm in two other challenges, APL in 2008, and Growth Aids challenge.

There is a sticky thread that contains the majority of challenges going on. I know the Growth Aid challenge just started a few days ago, so i'm sure you could still join that one.

And I have yet to get a Fotki going. I'm so ashamed of myself,lol.

Like get a Posh bob...

But--I could be wrong.

Check this thread out. I hope you find something that helps you. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=110896

HEY SUGACANE!:wavey:

*GASP*

You got a 'Posh' bob?
Oohh--I'm hatin so HARD, right now!!
LOL

No--I'm just acting stupid. I'm certain that it's FAB-ulous

Oh yeah fogot to mention I'm just in one challenge SUGA. Co-washing. But I confess I've only cowashed twice this week. I flat-ironed my hair and I just don't feel like doing a braidout. :ohwell:
I'll prolly get back on track Mon or Tuesday.

LOL PhoEnix!!

It WAS fabulous, but since it's been growing it's getting on my nerves a bit now actually.

I also realised that I didn't really take any good pics when I had it done - well not any I wanna show anyone anyway :nono:

Good luck with your challenge - I really want to get started on one soon myself. Are you back on track with it now..?

Besides this one, i'm in two other challenges, APL in 2008, and Growth Aids challenge.

There is a sticky thread that contains the majority of challenges going on. I know the Growth Aid challenge just started a few days ago, so i'm sure you could still join that one.

And I have yet to get a Fotki going. I'm so ashamed of myself,lol.

Thanks for the heads up Fiya.

I'm gonna shoot over and have a look at the Growth Aid challenge now..! :yep:

Ladies, I have a newbie question...What are cones???

silicones :yep:

Here's a link to the archives which explains cones. There could be updated info..so maybe search around on LHCF to be sure:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php/t-49293.html

Link for list of cone free conditioners:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=196051&highlight=cones

What some LHCFs think about use of cones:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=90474&highlight=cones
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=206847&highlight=cones

Last edited:
silicones :yep:

Here's a link to the archives which explains cones. There could be updated info..so maybe search around on LHCF to be sure:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php/t-49293.html

Link for list of cone free conditioners:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=196051&highlight=cones

What some LHCFs think about use of cones:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=90474&highlight=cones
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=206847&highlight=cones

Thanks so much for all the great info!!!

Back