Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

My pic is in my siggy (I hope!) Don't laugh damn it!!! We all have to start somewhere! LOL!

I just really want my healthy head of hair back!!!!!!! (Excuse me while I go weep and apply some coconut oil.......................)

Gurl aint nothing wrong with a short cut. We all started somewhere!

Hehehe. I actually had posted it in another thread so i just went and copied it.

But my regimen, i don't really consider it a regimen because I basically use whatever I have, which is something I want to change. But the things that they pretty the same are listed.

Dove Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I use the same conditioner when I do a DC. I wash and condition once a week.

I use Oganics(Africa's Best) Hair Mayonnaise and then i let it air dry. Once it air drys I use Organics CArrot Oil and rub it through. Then I flat iron.

I usually roll it or wrap it. I've been hearing wrapping isn't good to do. I don't know how truthful that is. But thats why i'm here, to learn. :grin::grin:

Hey!!! I was wondering what is your opinion about the Dove Shampoo and Condish cause a lady at the salon was raving about it. Thanks and Welcome Aboard!!!:grin:

Hey All,

I have been lurking on this site since 2004! Finally though, I said "enough is enough" and I came up off the $5.00 and here I am with my first post. I would love to join this challenge, if it isn't too late, that is.:ohwell: I am unsure of my hair type, as i don't think any of those descriptions fit my hair. I think i am a 4a/b though (if thats possible). My hair is currently shoulder length. I cut it back in august and i've had about 3.5 inches of growth so far. Let me know if I am too late to join this challenge. If not, I will definitely post pics! Thanks alot!!

That's some good growth!!! What's your hair routine? And... welcome from a Fellow Newbster!!:spinning:

WE WILL HAVE A NEW QUESTION EVERY WEEK TO SHARE WITH EACH OTHER SO WE CAN LEARN FROM EACH OTHER....

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

WHAT NEW PRODUCT/S DO U REALLY WANNA TRY?

Ok so I guess Ill go first

I bought biotene shampoo and conditioner with biotin on sunday and I cant wait to try it. I hope it works to get me some thickness... Oh how I way my hair to have some body

I wanna try so many new products:

JASON products (suppose to add thickness)
henna (shine and thickness)
I keep reading about QP Mango Butter so i wanna try that
coconut oil
Joico Joico
Aphogee 2 min reconstructor

That's all I can think of right now.

Hey!!! I was wondering what is your opinion about the Dove Shampoo and Condish cause a lady at the salon was raving about it. Thanks and Welcome Aboard!!!:grin:

I love it alot. I actually stopped using Pantene and just start using this on a full time basis. I plan on just doing a conditioner wash this weekend and seeing how that goes. But it works for me. :yep:

I love it alot. I actually stopped using Pantene and just start using this on a full time basis. I plan on just doing a conditioner wash this weekend and seeing how that goes. But it works for me. :yep:

Thanks so much for the feedback! The lady in the salon said the same thing about Dove being a rival of Pantene (which I used to swear by back in the day:rolleyes:).

WE WILL HAVE A NEW QUESTION EVERY WEEK TO SHARE WITH EACH OTHER SO WE CAN LEARN FROM EACH OTHER....

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

I want to try 10 en 1 and silicon mix :lick: My hair loves Salerm 21 and want to add/place in rotation more Dominican products :grin:

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

I want to try Fantasia IC Gel to do a Braidout.
This Gro-Aut Oil i recently ordered.
Coconut Oil
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in. Thats all for now

I wanna try so many new products:

JASON products (suppose to add thickness)
henna (shine and thickness)
I keep reading about QP Mango Butter so i wanna try that
coconut oil
Joico Joico
Aphogee 2 min reconstructor

That's all I can think of right now.

I was reading about henna and wanted to try it but im 2 scared dont know why... I tried Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and it seems like it helped my shedding...

I want to try 10 en 1 and silicon mix :lick: My hair loves Salerm 21 and want to add/place in rotation more Dominican products :grin:

I really wanna try silicon mix and salerm 21 oh man I jus wanna try 2 much things idk where ima put all these things in 1 hair...

I know I'm a few days late, but I did wash my hair Saturday so I should be good to go!
  • Washed with Biolage Ultra-hydrating Shampoo. Followed with Kera Care moisturizing shampoo
  • Conditioned with Dry Itchy Scalp and Humecto Kera Care conditioner's. Sat for 30 min. and rinsed
  • Sprayed Matrix Instacure Leave -In conditioner and CD Black Vanilla Leav-In conditioner.
  • Locked in moisture with a dime size of CD Lisa Elixir hair oil and air dried my hair.
Here is my issue. I have been going natural for 16 weeks now and I am transitioning. It has become increasinly difficult for me to flat iron my hair. I use the CHI, which I love, but it is not working on my roots as well as I hoped. Trying to figure out some low heat options. I was told to try straw sets. Any suggestions for something that I can do myself?

I know I'm a few days late, but I did wash my hair Saturday so I should be good to go!
  • Washed with Biolage Ultra-hydrating Shampoo. Followed with Kera Care moisturizing shampoo
  • Conditioned with Dry Itchy Scalp and Humecto Kera Care conditioner's. Sat for 30 min. and rinsed
  • Sprayed Matrix Instacure Leave -In conditioner and CD Black Vanilla Leav-In conditioner.
  • Locked in moisture with a dime size of CD Lisa Elixir hair oil and air dried my hair.
Here is my issue. I have been going natural for 16 weeks now and I am transitioning. It has become increasinly difficult for me to flat iron my hair. I use the CHI, which I love, but it is not working on my roots as well as I hoped. Trying to figure out some low heat options. I was told to try straw sets. Any suggestions for something that I can do myself?

Wow ur hair looks so full and healthy ... I luv it

Count me in... I want to track my progress and post monthly. I want to use the information from LHCF... Happy Growing everyone

That's some good growth!!! What's your hair routine? And... welcome from a Fellow Newbster!!:spinning:

sorry i took so long to respond! :look: Well, i dont really have a solid routine yet...but this is it so far (im still tweaking though)

daily: moisturize with ORS Olive Oil moisturizer
massage scalp (with olive oil on my finger tips) 10 minutes every morning and every night
protective style to keep my hair from rubbing on my clothes and car seat.

once a week: clarify using some type of tresemme shampoo (i dont remember the name and i'm in class right now :drunk:) and deep condition using ORS replenishing PAKS (not one the same day though)

twice a week: Co wash using herbal essences breaks over or hello hydration.

thats pretty much it though...i also use the herbal essences breaks over leave in strengthener and profectiv healthy ends. oh, and sunsilk hydra tlc, but im not on a real schedule with those, i just add them as i feel they are needed...i don't use heat either. Maybe a flat iron if me and my SO have somewhere special to go, but thats not very often!! :perplexed

I'm in college and I am forced to live off the meager ends that my dad sends me on a monthly basis, so i've tried to find the least expensive products that will still get me some pretty good results and so far this system has seemed to work. Although, i did hit a stumbling block before i learned about protective styling. But now that i've been enlightened, im hoping to be APL by the end of the year at least.

I want to try the Mizani Therma Smooth System, that's if and when I get up the courage to flat iron my own hair :rolleyes:.

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

Hey, I missed the Feb. 1 pic. posting deadline :sad: sorry. I was on a much needed vacation with the hubby. We went to Disney World without the kids. It was so much fun. Below is my starting point. I have a hair appt. Thursday so I'll post a better pic then. Pray for me:pray: I like this new girl but you never know.

Oh by the way, everyones hair photos are fabulous! :kiss3:

Last edited:

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

I really want to try henna as well - I want to add color + strength (I heard it has protein). If my hair responds well then it will become my staple. My only concern is dryness, messiness, and not getting any color change on my dark, resistant hair.

I'm down with the NEWBIE CHALLENGE!!:grin:

*I have APL, 4a/3c relaxed hair with layers.
*I will shampoo 2x week and relax when I have at least 1" full inch of new growth and no sooner.
*I use OJON products for moisture and Aphogee products for protein.
*I rollerset and style and will use direct heat no more than 2x per month.
*I will always protect my hair at night (pincurls & wrap w/satin bonnet, silk scarf, etc.)

:yay:I'm working towards BSL by the end of the year.:yay:

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

Most recently I was interested in trying a henna. I did it last week and it added considerable thickness to my hair. I was also afraid of the mess, but I planned it out well and proceeded nice and slowly - no mess at all. My next goal will be an attempt to use all natural products. I've still got lots of research to do before I start buying everything that everyone else "raves" about (curbing the PJism also helps me stick to my regimen). :rolleyes:

Most recently I was interested in trying a henna. I did it last week and it added considerable thickness to my hair. I was also afraid of the mess, but I planned it out well and proceeded nice and slowly - no mess at all. My next goal will be an attempt to use all natural products. I've still got lots of research to do before I start buying everything that everyone else "raves" about (curbing the PJism also helps me stick to my regimen). :rolleyes:

Did you use red henna - if so did you get any color from it??

Can i join? I just got my full membership yesterday...
I use shikakai oil, shikakai powder, amla oil, amla powder. Surge plus 14, surge moisture aid and sulge ultra max. Wgo, I take biotin 5,000, Silicon mix, and Hair Mayo. I will add vatika oil, coconut oil and henna to my regime.

Back