Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

This is my b4 pic
Its the best I can do by myself
I will have a better one up by next week after I wash and dc

When you figure it out, please help me post pics also! I don't have PSP, don't have a clue where the adapter for the camera is, so I am going to have to borrow the one I have at work or work it with my phone...

I put my pic online from my cam. The I set it as a signature for my post by going to quick links and then edit signature and upload the pic. Thats the only way I know how to.

I'm in too :yep:

Type: 4b

Goal: Full SL

Regimen (every 5-7 days): All products are Keracare unless otherwise specified... :)

Prepoo: For some reason I think I may leave this step out in the future. My humecto has only worked when I clarified, and if I'm going to clarify, why prepoo? I've only clarified once though...idk. For now, I'm using ORS replenishing pak and going under the dryer for 20 mins.

Shampoo: 1st lather, hydrating poo and dry & itchy scalp poo.

Condition: Dry & Itchy scalp conditioner for 5 mins, then Humecto for 20 mins with heat. Every other week I'll use humecto and aphogee for protein.

Rollerset: Tiny drop of leave in, Motions serum, and hairdress. Dryer time is about an hour for me.

Saran Wrap: Hairdress and oil sheen then 20 mins under the dryer.

Daily: Hairdress 2x a day and Sulu Max Gro at night but I've been slacking on this.

I plan to do this 2x a week (Wed/Sun) for the next 2 months (product test)(trying this system of protien/moisture), I am stretching for the 1st time, 12 weeks, my last relaxer was Dec 16, 2007. :clapping:

My Reggie, I started this Sunday of this week :woot:
Pre-poo with all the conditioners my hair doesnt like (I mixed them in a container) with EVOO and other essential oils (Rosemary, Peppermint, Jojoba, castor oil) I refuse to throw them away!! Make it work!!:grin:
Shampoo with CON (green bottle)
Con with Aphogee 2 min recon or Motions CPR or Joico KPak (30 min) w/baggie
Deep condition with cholesterol and EVOO (30 min) w/baggie (I was going trying the Pantene R&N, my hair doesnt like it) or other (have some others that I want to continue to use cause I am a reformed PJ) (45 min)
Leave in - Salerm 21 and Giovanni. My hair loves this combo, little bit of both I also bought the generic Redkin Anti Snap from Sally's I apply a little of this first
Airdry a bit and massage my scalp with essential oil (theres a hair growth mix that I have been using)
Braid and seal the ends with coconut oil
Daily, I also plan to use NTM with MSM powder added and directly oil my scalp with my MN mix.

I may co-wash once a week with Suave Humetress, my hair loves this.

I must say that the last month has been wonderful, My new growth is soft and I really want to relax my hair (I co-washed daily), but I am learning waiting may be more beneficial. I am not sure my 4a/4b texture will make 12 weeks but I read somewhere that you should ease into stretching so I may relax at the 10 week mark. I am going to listen to my hair.

I take 3 flaxseed and a B12 in the morning, I also have a glass of carrot juice, Before bed I take 1 MSM tablet and a non constipating iron.

The journey begins.....:driver:

We are going to make it to all our goals as long as we ask, answer and try....
:grouphug:

My stretch didnt work, my new growth is not ready for this cold turkey treatment, i am breaking all over the place and I refuse. So, after doing a little research I discovered that stretching for some may need to be progressive so I am going to progress into stretching. This being my first stretch it was 6 weeks 4 days, my next relaxer I am going to attempt 8-10 weeks. The good thing I did was coat my ends actually I globbed on so much it was ridiculous but I wasnt taking any chances with Cantu Shea Butter (I use this on my daughters hair), mixed avacado oil in my Silk Elements relaxer, applied and smoothed in five minutes. I started at 5:20 and was rinsing at 5:27. My hair feels so soft I will post pictures after my DC. Wish me luck!! :yep:

Whoo, some of you new ladies are going hardcore! I need to step it up! Lol, I'm in too. I'm still trying to figure out what my hair likes/dislikes. My hair is liking the co-washing so far. Trying out the shikakai oil since the powder seems to be a lot of trouble for some. It turns my hair kinda red though. And I'm waiting on my henna I purchased from Hennasooq. Thinking about keeping things natural this year, if I can only find a replacement for my Kenra MC. My hair loves it!

I forgot to add, I'm doing the yogurt,molasses, conditioner treatment. It loosens the curl and it also tames frizzies for me. The jury's still out on the glycerin/water mix. I might not have the dilution right. I do the MN once or twice a week. I don't like putting it on too often cause it's really greasy. I'm just trying this and that and hope to have a reggie soon. I'm taking folic acid but it's not for my hair.

Please let me know about ur experience with henna when u try it

My stretch didnt work, my new growth is not ready for this cold turkey treatment, i am breaking all over the place and I refuse. So, after doing a little research I discovered that stretching for some may need to be progressive so I am going to progress into stretching. This being my first stretch it was 6 weeks 4 days, my next relaxer I am going to attempt 8-10 weeks. The good thing I did was coat my ends actually I globbed on so much it was ridiculous but I wasnt taking any chances with Cantu Shea Butter (I use this on my daughters hair), mixed avacado oil in my Silk Elements relaxer, applied and smoothed in five minutes. I started at 5:20 and was rinsing at 5:27. My hair feels so soft I will post pictures after my DC. Wish me luck!! :yep:
Not much but..I am going to keep at this...I am so anxious to have my hair grow long! This texlaxed helped make the roots more manageable.

Attachments

• 1month.JPG
    1month.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 23
Here is my before picture. It's not the best, but I hope it will do. I'm using my tattoo as a reference.

Attachments

• 58542.JPG
    58542.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi Ladies! Count me in as well!:grin:

Right now I'm in a sew-in, so I'm using Africa's Best hair/braid spray and BT. I plan to take out the sew-in by Friday, Feb.8, so I can post pics then.

My anticipated regimen is as follows:

DAILY:
- Moisturize ends w/ ORS Olive Oil (seal with WGO)
- low manipulation
- protective styling
- No heat (well, maybe ONCE in a while :rolleyes:)

BI-WEEKLY:
- pre-poo
- oil rinse
- shampoo
- condition/deep condition
- co-wash whenever the mood hits me :grin:

Products:
-CON shampoo (Green label)
-Nature's Gate conditioners
-ORS olive oil hair moisturizer
-ORS replenishing packs
-Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor
-Africa's Best hair/braid spray (for detangling!)
-NTM leave in
-Castor oil
- I'm texlaxed w/ ORS regular no-lye (I usually do 12 week stretches. My next retouch will be in Feb.)

Supplements/Growth Aids:
- BT
- Prenatals/Omega Mom Postpartum vitamins

I'm currently in the APL March Reveal challenge, so I know my next goal is BSL (I'm thinking by October). I'm looking forward to the support and sharing of information to help each other on our way to our goals!

So am I and I cant wait for feb first

We have less than 2 days I hope everyone pretty much have their products and are getting really to post b4 pics.

Lets Grow some healthy hair ladies

I am still a newbie, I'm in...My pictures in that signature were taken
11/26/07, 12/29/07 and 1/26/08 So for 2 months with the growth I've gotten, I am pleased. I've just been following what everyone has said works for them: I henna 1x per month (henna king's houseblend), mn (for 3-4 weeks now) mixed with some sulfur 8 and a few drops of vitamen E oil 3x's per week, 1 mid week co-wash and 1 wash (with shampoo) and deep condition per week, braid in about 4 plaits let it air dry, and bun with aloe vera gel on my edges, oh yeah, the ponytail method worked real well for me my 1st and only try, and I also massage nightly... I used my pass just to check my growth only 1month in the LHCF bootcamp, so impatient:grin:...

Last edited:
i am in as well. i am definitely a newbie - have only been attempting to really take care of my hair and follow the advice on here since the beginning of January. It is easy to get overwhelmed with everything on the site. I'll get my pics ready for Feb. 1st.

I'm in! I will post a pic when I figure out how. I've basically been trying to learn as much as possible and absorb what's going on here, but so far this is the regimen I have been following since joining a week ago:

Co-wash at least once a week. Right now I am using SoftSheenCarson's Optimum Care
Prepoo overnight with conditioner
Wash weekly with Tressemee
Deep condition with ORS replenishing pak
Moisturize (can't remember name of moisturize and boyfriend is asleep in room) and seal with jojoba or olive oil
I take zinc, folic acid, and niacin
I use MN mixture daily

The products I use are just what I had on hand (well most of them are). I wasn't about to go buy a new hair product wardrobe while I am still learning.

My hair is at the bottom of my neck. My first hair goal is FULL shoulder length.

We're in the same barely there boat. I want to be full shoulder length and retain it!
- ORS is the bomb. I use the replenishing conditioner, shampoo, soy oil, hair lotion and optimum oil therapy over-nite strengthener. I also use the ORS relaxer every 6-8 weeks. (will slowly start stretching to 8-10 and so on)
- I'm taking Vitamins C & E, Women's One-A-Day and Biotin (all one a day) plus lots of water.
- i try and baggie at least a few times a week when i can.
-wash and DC once a week (blowdry since thats the only time i do use heat)
-moisturize (still iffy on the pre-poo thing)

lets get it!

Finally a reason to post! Count me in. I have been lurking for months now and in that time have learned so much about hair. I am not a hair person at all :nono: I use to leave that up to beauticians but after a bad experiance I decided to take matters into my own hands. My regimen so far is simple.

Regimen
Weekend- (usually Sat) shampoo with Nexxus Therappe and deep condition under the dryer (15min) with Aphogee 2 min reconstructor,
rinse and apply a little Nexxus Humectress as a leave in followed by a little QP mango butter and IC straightening serum. mold my hair, put a wrap thingy around my head and air dry. Hair drys unbelievably straight.

Wed- con wash using Sauve Coconut Conditioner and then condition with Humectress while showering then rinse. Use the same above products to air dry.

daily-night apply a little Mizani night time treatment and evoo
morning if it needs anything I'll put a little QP mango butter

I just got a major cut 3 weeks ago I had to let go of my scary ends. I went from shoulder length to about 2 inches long and loving it! I am 4b. I will post pics by the first.

Good Luck Everyone!

I'm in if it's not too late!

Hair is 4a shoulder length relaxed.

My regimen
Once a Week I:
Prepoo overnight with Amla, Vatika, and Shikakai oil.
Rinse the next morning with a brew made from Amla and Shikakai powder(I make it in the coffee pot and let it cool of course) and leave that on for about 10 minutes.
Rinse for while with warm water and use a little CON shampoo.
DC with ORS Pak with olive and coconut oil(black castor oil) added in. I microwave it to get it warm and then put it in hair, put plastic cap on, and leave it for 1 hr.
Rinse that out and let it airdry.
I use ors olive oil in the jar to moisturize.

Once I week I CW with Suave Berry Smoothie, put on the ors olive oil cream in the jar, and seal with cocunut oil.

I use heat probably once every few months or so but I'm planning on buying the Caruso rollers soon.

I henna once a month.

chellate with ORS aloe shampoo once every 2 months.

Clarify once a month with Suave.

I take vitamins E, C, B, and Flaxseed.

Great thread! I should probably have pics up later today:yep:

ETA: I rarely do protective styling I usually do roller sets or straw sets.

Last edited:
Okay, here goes...
I'm unfortunate to have inherited my mom's alopecia and very thin hair. I figured it was fate and have just dealt with it for the past 10 or so years.
I am texlaxed, type 4a/b hair - Mizani Butter blend regular -and between shoulder and APL. I basically wore updos, french rolls, phony ponys and a weave for a short time to hide my crown area. In November, I started the essential oil recipe and after a month saw the slightest hint of change.
Since then I have been lurking on this board and after much reading, and research came up with the following regimen.

Weekly I prepoo with Amla oil overnight then wash with shikakai oil, rinse with shikakai and amla powders. I follow with Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator conditioner. Moisturize with Elasta QP mango butter and seal with Vatika oil. I blow dry (only takes me about 5 minutes) and then it goes up in a bun or braid. I no longer have any sheddiing and my hair feels so strong!

Daily I mosturize and seal with the vatika oil and either throw on a phony pony or half wig (new for me but I'm loving it) for going to work.

My bald spot gets the following twice daily (started Jan 13th): A mix of 4% MN, JBCO, and the essential oils. This has given me the best results thus far (no, it's not an inch or 1/2 inch or even 1/4 inch, but I'll take anything - gotta be realistic). I took pics at the beginning and am excited about taking follow up pics a month later.

Pics will come (whew - that's gonna take some courage).:blush3:

My ultimate goal is not necessarily length, but thicker, healthy hair that I will once again be able to style and wear down.

As promised, here is my pic. I have applied a henna since the photo was taken and it has given my hair a thicker feel and appearance.:thumbsup: (Gosh, wish someone had warned me about the smell)

Last edited:
I'd like to join in as a newbie. i love the forum but you could drive yourself crazy with all the good advice. i need a regimen to stick so i can see if it's working. now if i could just learn how to post pics. Hopefully by tomorrow! Thanks for this place.

Hi y'all, please count me in too.

Here are my stats
Goal: shoulder length
Current length: chin/nape/ear
Ultimate goal: BSL (in due time, in due time)
Type: 4b, texlax

My regimen includes:
Wash & wear all the time
Self trimming (dusting as they call it)
Co wash every morning (my hair loves it) (with KMS or Aveda-anything)
Pro-poo overnight with coconut oil
Massage scalp every time I wash
d/c with Aveda IDR

Daily styling products consists of:
Kerasoft wash & wear product line (Interlink, Actisilk and Revival)
Care free curl-instant moisturizer
Miss jessie’s buttercreme

Attachments

• n48912828_35416782_4874.jpg
    n48912828_35416782_4874.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 18
I am still a newbie, I'm in...My pictures in that signature were taken
11/26/07, 12/29/07 and 1/26/08 So for 2 months with the growth I've gotten, I am pleased. I've just been following what everyone has said works for them: I henna 1x per month (henna king's houseblend), mn (for 3-4 weeks now) mixed with some sulfur 8 and a few drops of vitamen E oil 3x's per week, 1 mid week co-wash and 1 wash (with shampoo) and deep condition per week, braid in about 4 plaits let it air dry, and bun with aloe vera gel on my edges, oh yeah, the ponytail method worked real well for me my 1st and only try, and I also massage nightly... I used my pass just to check my growth only 1month in the LHCF bootcamp, so impatient:grin:...

I can already see a difference in ur hair.. keep it up

i am in as well. i am definitely a newbie - have only been attempting to really take care of my hair and follow the advice on here since the beginning of January. It is easy to get overwhelmed with everything on the site. I'll get my pics ready for Feb. 1st.

Im glad ur in.. Welcome

My starting pic is in sig

Hair Type: 4a/b

Plan: Deep condition Weekly, Do Scalp Massages, Moisturise daily, No heat, no combing(except to detangle)

Don't plan on using supplements, Want to get my hair healthy its been breaking due to my neglect.

IN there. . . i'll add my stuff as I get it, started some of it on my fotki, but it is not completely set up

Its the first and still no pics... Come on ladies if ur in plz do this 2gether so we can be on the same page

My pic is in my siggy (I hope!) Don't laugh damn it!!! We all have to start somewhere! LOL!

I just really want my healthy head of hair back!!!!!!! (Excuse me while I go weep and apply some coconut oil.......................)

I'm nervous, excited, and scared, but I want in on this too. I'll be starting from the bottom. Me and my hair are complete strangers. I did just post some awfully big pictures a few mins ago trying to determine my hair type. I'm going to buy all new hair products, but I've been having a hard time deciding what to get and what I need. My hair may or may not be damaged. I self relax. I only just start conditioning it last week and I don't take vitamins or drink enough water. I use heat only when I relax to low dry. I guess that's about it.

Stats: hair 1.5" currently

Regimen

Products:
Essential Balms and Aromatherapy : www.essentialbalms.com
Wash 1x per week - rotate between essential balms black soap & sebulex dandruff shampoo
Oil scalp 1x per week - essential balms stimulating hair regrowth treatment
water rinse daily moisturize and seal w/ essenial balms hair to toe products
Clarify monthly w/ Dr. Bonner's peppermint soap and ACV followed by deep conditioning w/ essenial balms hair to toe products
Henna bi-monthly

starting pics in my fotki for now.

Back