Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Sorry that I did not get my pic up by 02/01/08. I've been trying to get them on but I can't. Please let me know how to and I'll have them up today.
Thanks

I have tweaked my reggie cause I am impatient and want instant results but I think I got something my hair likes with this one :grin:

Daily (evenings): cowash with Suave Humectant apply generic Redken Anti-Snap, Giovanni direct and Salerm (I mix these two, my hair likes it) slightly air dry apply MN mix to my scalp and cantu to the end braid and tuck. Take 1 MSM tablet, iron and 3 multi vits

Daily (mornings): Apply NTM to my hair and cantu to my ends and braid.
Take 3 flaxseed oils vits and B12 and glass of carrot juice.

I will deep condition on Sun, Wed, and Friday first 15 minutes with Suave (using the towel method) and 30 minutes with Aphogee 2 min reconstuctor under the dryer.

I will clarify once a month.

In three months I plan to go back to the 'other' reggie but for now I am going to try this.

I am using self made stocking cap wigs as my protective styles.
Sleep with a satin or silk scarf and satin pillowcase, I only comb my hair when I condition.

I have tweaked my reggie cause I am impatient and want instant results but I think I got something my hair likes with this one :grin:

Daily (evenings): cowash with Suave Humectant apply generic Redken Anti-Snap, Giovanni direct and Salerm (I mix these two, my hair likes it) slightly air dry apply MN mix to my scalp and cantu to the end braid and tuck. Take 1 MSM tablet, iron and 3 multi vits

Daily (mornings): Apply NTM to my hair and cantu to my ends and braid.
Take 3 flaxseed oils vits and B12 and glass of carrot juice.

I will deep condition on Sun, Wed, and Friday first 15 minutes with Suave (using the towel method) and 30 minutes with Aphogee 2 min reconstuctor under the dryer.

I will clarify once a month.

In three months I plan to go back to the 'other' reggie but for now I am going to try this.

I am using self made stocking cap wigs as my protective styles.
Sleep with a satin or silk scarf and satin pillowcase, I only comb my hair when I condition.

Adding protein to your hair three times a week may be too much. Also, you should do the protein treatment first then the Sauve because after the protein you will need to add moisture. Protein is drying, so be careful with how you use it.

Adding protein to your hair three times a week may be too much. Also, you should do the protein treatment first then the Sauve because after the protein you will need to add moisture. Protein is drying, so be careful with how you use it.

Good point, I need to go back to the old reggie :grin:. This thread is important to help us not make hair mistakes. Thank you !!

Thanx for pointing that out... this is exactly why I love this thread so much

OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY WERE IN AND THIS IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA ONLY 13 PPL HAVE B4 PICS UP......

FOR ALL THE LADIES WHO HAVE THEIR PICS AND REGIMEN UP AND ESPECIALLY BY THE DUE DATE I THANK YOU.

WE ARE ALSO ON THE ROAD TO SUCCESS.

HERE ARE THE LADIES WITH B4 PICS...

PR3TTY
LAPACIENCIA
AKIMAT001
BEAUTIFULREALITY
HOTRIBENA
BEAUTIFULLYBLACK
MRSMERCERY
CUTENAPPYGRL
MRS. GOOCH
NATURALLONG81
RAYEJ
CLMACKY
CINDLY
FIYA'SLOVECHILD
BLISS806
GALADRIEL
FINDINGME
LUXURIOUS12
LEONA2025
MRS WATSON
TRINAE
MZ VEDA
DRJO91

ALL THE OTHER LADIES WHOSE NAME IS ON THE 1ST PAGE LIST THAT DID NOT POST B4 PICS PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF UR IN OR OUT SO WE CAN BE FAIR 2 EVERY1

I THINK POSTING B4 PICS ARE IMPORTANT TO OUR JOURNEY BECAUSE IT SHOW EVERY1 WHERE WE R STARTING FROM AND OUR HAIR TYPE N LOOKS TO GO WITH OUR REGIMEN....

HAVING UR B4 PIC MAY HELP SOMEONE SUGGEST A PRODUCT THEY THINK MAY BE GOOD FOR UR HAIR TYPE ETC.

PLEASE LADIES AS NEWBIES LETS BE SERIOUS AND SHOW THAT WE CAN MAKE OUR GOAL THIS IS ALSO A WAY TO THANK THE PEOPLE WHO WE HAVE LEARNED FROM, THAT HAVE BEEN HERE B4 US.

Last edited:
16kswug.jpg

well, here it is. I took this yesterday so its very accurate.

That was fast... A lady who is serious about her hair, I luv it :yep:
Welcome...
BTW can u also post ur regimen

That was fast... A lady who is serious about her hair, I luv it :yep:
Welcome...
BTW can u also post ur regimen

Hehehe. I actually had posted it in another thread so i just went and copied it.

But my regimen, i don't really consider it a regimen because I basically use whatever I have, which is something I want to change. But the things that they pretty the same are listed.

Dove Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I use the same conditioner when I do a DC. I wash and condition once a week.

I use Oganics(Africa's Best) Hair Mayonnaise and then i let it air dry. Once it air drys I use Organics CArrot Oil and rub it through. Then I flat iron.

I usually roll it or wrap it. I've been hearing wrapping isn't good to do. I don't know how truthful that is. But thats why i'm here, to learn. :grin::grin:

Last edited:
:grin:okay I am soo in on this!! I use heat on my roots only approx. once every week or sometimes every two weeks.
Products I use are: Elasta QP Mango Butter, Coconut oil and ORS Carrot Oil.
For conditioner I use Nexxus Humectress with a little bit of Rosemary oil in it.

Here are my hair pics as of Jan. 30th 2008

I will surely be posting more pics at the end of the month!! This was wonderful idea!! THANKS!!!

sorry for the double post... but now that I look at the pics My signature pic was taken in the beginning of january and look at the difference!!! wow!! I love LHCF!!! :grin:

Last edited:
:grin:okay I am soo in on this!! I use heat on my roots only approx. once every week or sometimes every two weeks.
Products I use are: Elasta QP Mango Butter, Coconut oil and ORS Carrot Oil.
For conditioner I use Nexxus Humectress with a little bit of Rosemary oil in it.

Here are my hair pics as of Jan. 30th 2008

I will surely be posting more pics at the end of the month!! This was wonderful idea!! THANKS!!!

So glad u joined... welcome

I put my b4 pic in my siggy and a link to my LHCF journal w/ my regimen there as well! I am very excited about this challenge!

Last edited:
I don't really have a regime but this is what I do:

Wash 1x a week with pantene
I recently have been pre pooing with castor oil
I haven't really deep conditioned in awhile

I didn't know that I wasn't suppose to clarify my hair eveytime I wash, I guess that is why my hair was breaking.

If anyone has a good regime that they can offer me I would really appreciate it.
I have type 4a hair and I have been natural for 11 months now
thanks

Hi all,

I'm in also! New to the forum and I am slightly confused about where to begin :spinning:.

edited to add:

I have been going to the salon so I have not begun a personal routine as of yet. But I don't really like my hair bone straight (because it is so thin) which is why I will attempt to do my own hair.

Starting this week, I will be using Keracare's Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo and Conditioner. I will then rollerset using the pink snap on magnetic rollers (can't get the hang of using the hairpins) with water only and then sitting under the dryer. And finally, I will wrap my hair using Keracare Conditioning Creme Hairdress and Silken Seal. I will post a pic after this routine on Friday, Feb 8th.

edited again to add:

Relaxed
Hairtype: 4a/b (super thin)
Last Relaxer: 15 Nov 2008

Attachments

• Backview 20 Jan 08 97.7kb.jpg
    Backview 20 Jan 08 97.7kb.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hey All,

I have been lurking on this site since 2004! Finally though, I said "enough is enough" and I came up off the $5.00 and here I am with my first post. I would love to join this challenge, if it isn't too late, that is.:ohwell: I am unsure of my hair type, as i don't think any of those descriptions fit my hair. I think i am a 4a/b though (if thats possible). My hair is currently shoulder length. I cut it back in august and i've had about 3.5 inches of growth so far. Let me know if I am too late to join this challenge. If not, I will definitely post pics! Thanks alot!!

Hey All,

I have been lurking on this site since 2004! Finally though, I said "enough is enough" and I came up off the $5.00 and here I am with my first post. I would love to join this challenge, if it isn't too late, that is.:ohwell: I am unsure of my hair type, as i don't think any of those descriptions fit my hair. I think i am a 4a/b though (if thats possible). My hair is currently shoulder length. I cut it back in august and i've had about 3.5 inches of growth so far. Let me know if I am too late to join this challenge. If not, I will definitely post pics! Thanks alot!!

Welcome to the forum, MrsWatson!!!! :grin:

I'm so sorry I haven't put pics up...I'm back in town now and I have taken some pics, but I don't know how to post...If someone could PM me or post with instructions, I'll have my pics up in no time...

I would really love to join in as I am a new person but I cannot figure out how to post pics. Could someone please tell a new sista how to post pics in an easy to understand format. I am not good at this stuff. Someone please help me!! :wallbash:

Hey All,

Hi, and welcome. I'm new as well. But welcome again. :grin:

I would really love to join in as I am a new person but I cannot figure out how to post pics. Could someone please tell a new sista how to post pics in an easy to understand format. I am not good at this stuff. Someone please help me!! :wallbash:

Well, basically what I do is go to www.tinypic.com and upload my picture through there. then i copy and paste the link and when u post the picture shows up.

Hi all,

I'm in also! New to the forum and I am slightly confused about where to begin :spinning:.

edited to add:

I have been going to the salon so I have not begun a personal routine as of yet. But I don't really like my hair bone straight (because it is so thin) which is why I will attempt to do my own hair.

Starting this week, I will be using Keracare's Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo and Conditioner. I will then rollerset using the pink snap on magnetic rollers (can't get the hang of using the hairpins) with water only and then sitting under the dryer. And finally, I will wrap my hair using Keracare Conditioning Creme Hairdress and Silken Seal. I will post a pic after this routine on Friday, Feb 8th.

edited again to add:

Relaxed
Hairtype: 4a/b (super thin)
Last Relaxer: 15 Nov 2008

welcome and I cant wait to see the new pics

Hey All,

ur right on time... welcome

To post pics I go to Quick Link
Then i go to edit signature
I chose option 2 to upload the pic from my computer
Then I save it as my signature
when I post its in evey post unless unclick it b4 sending my post

Hope this helps

Back