Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

I'm in!!

*products- im going to try the shakaikai, pre-poo with alma oil, then DC once a week. Also gonna try to co-wash with my suave humectress in between, if i have the time
*I dont know the next time going to get a relaxer, due to streching so i'll update you
*hair type-4a/ab
*aids- im using the sulu max grow (mtg for humans) daily, i dont know if that is too much use tho!

I'm excited to start this i didnt want to do this by my self, i have no pics right now i will try to upload them soon!

I plan to do this 2x a week (Wed/Sun) for the next 2 months (product test)(trying this system of protien/moisture), I am stretching for the 1st time, 12 weeks, my last relaxer was Dec 16, 2007. :clapping:

My Reggie, I started this Sunday of this week :woot:
Pre-poo with all the conditioners my hair doesnt like (I mixed them in a container) with EVOO and other essential oils (Rosemary, Peppermint, Jojoba, castor oil) I refuse to throw them away!! Make it work!!:grin:
Shampoo with CON (green bottle)
Con with Aphogee 2 min recon or Motions CPR or Joico KPak (30 min) w/baggie
Deep condition with cholesterol and EVOO (30 min) w/baggie (I was going trying the Pantene R&N, my hair doesnt like it) or other (have some others that I want to continue to use cause I am a reformed PJ) (45 min)
Leave in - Salerm 21 and Giovanni. My hair loves this combo, little bit of both I also bought the generic Redkin Anti Snap from Sally's I apply a little of this first
Airdry a bit and massage my scalp with essential oil (theres a hair growth mix that I have been using)
Braid and seal the ends with coconut oil
Daily, I also plan to use NTM with MSM powder added and directly oil my scalp with my MN mix.

I may co-wash once a week with Suave Humetress, my hair loves this.

I must say that the last month has been wonderful, My new growth is soft and I really want to relax my hair (I co-washed daily), but I am learning waiting may be more beneficial. I am not sure my 4a/4b texture will make 12 weeks but I read somewhere that you should ease into stretching so I may relax at the 10 week mark. I am going to listen to my hair.

I take 3 flaxseed and a B12 in the morning, I also have a glass of carrot juice, Before bed I take 1 MSM tablet and a non constipating iron.

The journey begins.....:driver:

We are going to make it to all our goals as long as we ask, answer and try....
:grouphug:

I'm In! I'm In! I'm In! As a LONG time lurker and fairly new member, I finally want to get SERIOUS about my hair. It has been through MAJOR changes this past year. A combination of stress and carelessness has caused me to cut it to above ear length. My crown area is almost non-existent so my focus will be to repair that area. I'm albout getting my hair back HEALTHY before the length. I am a definite 4B, relaxed, thin, dehydrated, damaged strands (somewhat denying the fact that I too may have inherited my momma's alopecia!!!).

I'm going K.I.S.S as I'm busy and anything to overly complicated I'm probably going to slack on. And, I mainly just want to be CONSISTENT with a regimin.

• Pre-Poo with either a hot Coconut Oil treatment or Aveda Sap Moss Treatment
  • Shampoo with a moisturizing poo once a week (Trying to find a good moisture shampoo that my hair likes)
  • Deep condition with Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive or a great moisture one (on the look out for one that my hair likes)
  • Lacio Lacio Leave-In (I can thank the ladies on LHCF for this...I LOVE it!!)
  • Air Dry or Hooded
  • Moisturize with Mizant Rose H2O and seal with WGO or Coconut Oil.
  • Scalp Massage Every NIght
  • HELLA WATER
  • Vitamins for overall health
  • Taking care of my total body from the inside out, by exercising and eating a proper diet (I really need to start this for more reasons that just my hair!! LOL)
  • Learn to control my stress!! (Again, for more reasons than just my hair)
That's all I can think of right now....plus I need to do some work! LOL! How do I post pics???!!!

Whoo, some of you new ladies are going hardcore! I need to step it up! Lol, I'm in too. I'm still trying to figure out what my hair likes/dislikes. My hair is liking the co-washing so far. Trying out the shikakai oil since the powder seems to be a lot of trouble for some. It turns my hair kinda red though. And I'm waiting on my henna I purchased from Hennasooq. Thinking about keeping things natural this year, if I can only find a replacement for my Kenra MC. My hair loves it!

I forgot to add, I'm doing the yogurt,molasses, conditioner treatment. It loosens the curl and it also tames frizzies for me. The jury's still out on the glycerin/water mix. I might not have the dilution right. I do the MN once or twice a week. I don't like putting it on too often cause it's really greasy. I'm just trying this and that and hope to have a reggie soon. I'm taking folic acid but it's not for my hair.

Last edited:
YEAH PLEASE COUNT ME IN....I NEED HELP WITH EVERY THING..I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START AND YET I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH MONEY AT LEAST $100 DOLLAR AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO FIRST. DAMN SHAME...IT'S A LITTLE OVERWHELMING. sorry for the caps (just want to be heard)lol

Count me in.....January's update is in my fotki....

My regimen and products are:

Wash hair with shampoo 1x a week
Prepoo overnight 2x to 3x a week b4 every wash or co-wash
co wash 1x to 2x a week
Deep condition under heating cap after every wash or co-wash ( Hair is over-conditioned so deep condition now once a week)
Air Dry
Protein when needed
Clarify 1x a month
Moisturize and seal ends every night
Wear protective styles( Buns and French Rolls)
I love braid-outs
Relax every 8 to 10 weeks

Products:
Nexxus Therappe, Aloe Rid , Headress, Humectress
Neutrogena Triple Moisture(deep recovery hair mask)
Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Collection ( just added)
ORS Hair Mayonnaise
Suave Humectant conditioner( co-washes)
Victoria Secret SO SEXY conditioner for dry hair (co-washes)
Unrefined Pure Coconut Oil ( mix w/conditioner for prepoo & used for moisture) I also Mix Peppermint oil, and Rosemary oil with Coconut oil and conditioner for prepoo
Profectiv Healthy Ends ( Moisturize ends- Seal ends w/Coconut oil or olive oil)
Just for me (no lye relaxer)
Satin/Silk Pillow Case/ silk bonnets

Will update with monthly Pics *

Hi Ladies! Count me in as well!:grin:

Right now I'm in a sew-in, so I'm using Africa's Best hair/braid spray and BT. I plan to take out the sew-in by Friday, Feb.8, so I can post pics then.

My anticipated regimen is as follows:

DAILY:
- Moisturize ends w/ ORS Olive Oil (seal with WGO)
- low manipulation
- protective styling
- No heat (well, maybe ONCE in a while :rolleyes:)

BI-WEEKLY:
- pre-poo
- oil rinse
- shampoo
- condition/deep condition
- co-wash whenever the mood hits me :grin:

Products:
-CON shampoo (Green label)
-Nature's Gate conditioners
-ORS olive oil hair moisturizer
-ORS replenishing packs
-Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor
-Africa's Best hair/braid spray (for detangling!)
-NTM leave in
-Castor oil
- I'm texlaxed w/ ORS regular no-lye (I usually do 12 week stretches. My next retouch will be in Feb.)

Supplements/Growth Aids:
- BT
- Prenatals/Omega Mom Postpartum vitamins

I'm currently in the APL March Reveal challenge, so I know my next goal is BSL (I'm thinking by October). I'm looking forward to the support and sharing of information to help each other on our way to our goals!

YEAH PLEASE COUNT ME IN....I NEED HELP WITH EVERY THING..I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START AND YET I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH MONEY AT LEAST $100 DOLLAR AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO FIRST. DAMN SHAME...IT'S A LITTLE OVERWHELMING. sorry for the caps (just want to be heard)lol

I feel your pain, I have been trying everything too, spending money, going broke:wallbash:, but I digress :rolleyes:.....I suggest that you take out a pen and paper and notice what you see as constants in other LHCF veterans fotki. Do you see that alot of women co-wash daily, use mild protien weekly, note the constants. Then may i suggest that instead of trying the products that work for them you use what works for you but in the most constant regimen format, I hope that makes sense. Then try it, give yourself an ample amount of time...not a day....but atleast two weeks to see if there are any changes for the good, if not change the products or the methods that your hair is telling you are incorrecnot working. HTH. Happy Hair Growing.:grin:

I'm In! I'm In! I'm In! As a LONG time lurker and fairly new member, I finally want to get SERIOUS about my hair. It has been through MAJOR changes this past year. A combination of stress and carelessness has caused me to cut it to above ear length. My crown area is almost non-existent so my focus will be to repair that area. I'm albout getting my hair back HEALTHY before the length. I am a definite 4B, relaxed, thin, dehydrated, damaged strands (somewhat denying the fact that I too may have inherited my momma's alopecia!!!).

I'm going K.I.S.S as I'm busy and anything to overly complicated I'm probably going to slack on. And, I mainly just want to be CONSISTENT with a regimin.

• Pre-Poo with either a hot Coconut Oil treatment or Aveda Sap Moss Treatment
  • Shampoo with a moisturizing poo once a week (Trying to find a good moisture shampoo that my hair likes)
  • Deep condition with Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive or a great moisture one (on the look out for one that my hair likes)
  • Lacio Lacio Leave-In (I can thank the ladies on LHCF for this...I LOVE it!!)
  • Air Dry or Hooded
  • Moisturize with Mizant Rose H2O and seal with WGO or Coconut Oil.
  • Scalp Massage Every NIght
  • HELLA WATER
  • Vitamins for overall health
  • Taking care of my total body from the inside out, by exercising and eating a proper diet (I really need to start this for more reasons that just my hair!! LOL)
  • Learn to control my stress!! (Again, for more reasons than just my hair)
That's all I can think of right now....plus I need to do some work! LOL! How do I post pics???!!!

Im trying to figure out how to post pics too as im taking my pre pics tonight

Ladies by Feb 1 I will have a list of everyone thats with us in our journey. Im hoping every1 who wants to do his with us sees this post by Feb 1 so we can start and be on the same page all the way thru

Im trying to figure out how to post pics too as im taking my pre pics tonight

When you figure it out, please help me post pics also! I don't have PSP, don't have a clue where the adapter for the camera is, so I am going to have to borrow the one I have at work or work it with my phone...

I feel your pain, I have been trying everything too, spending money, going broke:wallbash:, but I digress :rolleyes:.....I suggest that you take out a pen and paper and notice what you see as constants in other LHCF veterans fotki. Do you see that alot of women co-wash daily, use mild protien weekly, note the constants. Then may i suggest that instead of trying the products that work for them you use what works for you but in the most constant regimen format, I hope that makes sense. Then try it, give yourself an ample amount of time...not a day....but atleast two weeks to see if there are any changes for the good, if not change the products or the methods that your hair is telling you are incorrecnot working. HTH. Happy Hair Growing.:grin:

ITA, I just want to add that I try to use products that work well on my hair type because sometimes tried and true products just don't work for me if their hair type is different...

Hi, I want in. I want thick and long natural hair too. I just joined and I'm lost and alone it seems. I am willing to do whatever it takes to have the hair of my dreams.

Hi, I want in. I want thick and long natural hair too. I just joined and I'm lost and alone it seems. I am willing to do whatever it takes to have the hair of my dreams.

seem like we're looking 4 the same thing.. welcome

I would like to join. I'm hoping to be APL or beyond this year. I'm currently texlaxed and my hair type is 4a. My hair is grazing shoulder length now (because of a recent trim). Here is my reggie copied from my blog...

Daily:
  • Moisturize ends morning and night
  • Sleep with a satin bonnet
Weekly:
  • Pre-poo/Deep Condition under dryer for 20 minutes (I alternate between protein and moisturizing condish each week)
  • Wash and Condition hair in shower
  • Apply leave in and setting lotion and rollerset hair
  • Dry rollerset under hood dryer for around an hour
  • Moisturize rollerset and enjoy the rest of my day!
Every six weeks:
  • Clarify hair
  • Aphogee treatment
  • Deep Condition in shower
Every 12 or 13 weeks:
  • Relax hair using items in relaxer kit
Here are the products I'm using now...
  • Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Shampoo
  • Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner
  • Optimum Care Leave In (from relaxer kit)
  • KeraCare Setting Lotion
  • Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (will be replaced with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade next week because I'm almost done with my container)
  • Wild Growth Oil
  • Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
  • Africa's Best Olive Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Aphogee Treatment

• Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner
  • Optimum Care Leave In (from relaxer kit)
  • KeraCare Setting Lotion
  • Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (will be replaced with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade next week because I'm almost done with my container)
  • Wild Growth Oil
  • Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
  • Africa's Best Olive Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Aphogee Treatment

Don't you just love those Oyin products?
I can't wait to get my Honey Hemp conditioner! :drunk:

I love Oyin so much! I want some Whipped Pudding so bad, but I can't buy any until I use up the stuff I have. :sad:

But I still have some Burnt Sugar Pomade! :grin:

I'm sooooo exicted about this!!!! For the longest time I've been wanting to take better care of my hair and having a support group will help tremendously!!! :grin: I'm in braids right now but I plan on taking them out on Feb 2 (big test on the 1st) Is that going to be a problem?? My current goal right now is solidfying a regimen. I've been messing around with different products and trying to see what my hair does and doesn't like. I Hopefully will come up with a regimen that will help my hair become healthy! Right now I take biotin 2500mcg, GNC hair/skin/nails, and Fish Oil (omega 3 and 6) and of course I drink lots of water!!! I look foward to seeing everyone's hair progress during our journey together!

Hi Ladies! I'm in, and thanks to whoever thought to do this...I was browsing and learning, but not at the point of participation. I am actually planning to texlax in 2 days, so I will post pics and products then. I'm waiting for my SAA to come in the mail today or tomorrow. I'm excited and thanks for the invite!:circle:

I'm sooooo exicted about this!!!! For the longest time I've been wanting to take better care of my hair and having a support group will help tremendously!!! :grin: I'm in braids right now but I plan on taking them out on Feb 2 (big test on the 1st) Is that going to be a problem?? My current goal right now is solidfying a regimen. I've been messing around with different products and trying to see what my hair does and doesn't like. I Hopefully will come up with a regimen that will help my hair become healthy! Right now I take biotin 2500mcg, GNC hair/skin/nails, and Fish Oil (omega 3 and 6) and of course I drink lots of water!!! I look foward to seeing everyone's hair progress during our journey together!

No it shouldnt be a problem but do u think u can have ur pics up by that date

Back