Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

OK Ladies I tried and I decided I will try to stretch one week at at time. although 7weeks is progress for me but, it seems like nothing compared to all the other women here. So, I got a touch up at 7weeks:sad:. I will go 8weeks next touch-up and so forth. I was gonna post pics but, there is only a lil difference. Maybe I will wait until June at my next touch-up to post pics. I didn't see too much breakage, some but not a whole lot. I just had to confess. I am in a 3month no trim challenge so I am forcing myself not to trim until May.

OK Ladies I tried and I decided I will try to stretch one week at at time. although 7weeks is progress for me but, it seems like nothing compared to all the other women here. So, I got a touch up at 7weeks:sad:. I will go 8weeks next touch-up and so forth. I was gonna post pics but, there is only a lil difference. Maybe I will wait until June at my next touch-up to post pics. I didn't see too much breakage, some but not a whole lot. I just had to confess. I am in a 3month no trim challenge so I am forcing myself not to trim until May.

You can do it on both the stretch and the no-trim! :yep: Just keep your NG as soft and moisturized as possible to avoid breakage at the demarcation line.

Hey guys....im getting a little frustrated....im trying to stretch, its only been 7 weeks and my NG is crazy thick...I know its probably because of the vitamins I been taking too, but man, i wanna slap a perm on this stuff so bad! I know I can hold out aleast a couple more weeks....but its so hard....I don't know any other styles to put my hair in....its too thick to roll, and when i put it in a ponytail....the ends of my hair looks like a lil frizzy kid...Help!!!

Okay. I think I now officially got the hang of it on this thread......

with that being said, just wanted to update... so last week while washing my hair and taking down my braids, I kinda had alittle break down in behind my major shrinkage.... I just felt that I should have had a little bit more growth then what it looks like I have....after wearing cornrolls for 2.5 months I just thought I should have seen a difference....

I was upset, but I was reminded on another board that with natural hair sometimes its hard to really see your growth if you don't straighten it.....
so I got over it.

on a happier note I finally got the opportunity to try Mixed Chicks leave-in and I love it. I have been using S-curl as my leave in, but I found that the Mixed Chicks works way better.... my hair definitely likes cream. Its sooo soft and the cream is really moisturizing so I don't have to constantly keep applying it like I was doing the S-curl..... I even like it better then NTM leave in....which was a staple of mine.

have any of you ladies tried their regular conditioner... if so how did you like it? if its anything like the leave in I def would like to try it... but b4 I spend my money I would like to know if its even worth it.

my shrinkage....I am learning how to love it.
naturalpicturestretched-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys....im getting a little frustrated....im trying to stretch, its only been 7 weeks and my NG is crazy thick...I know its probably because of the vitamins I been taking too, but man, i wanna slap a perm on this stuff so bad! I know I can hold out aleast a couple more weeks....but its so hard....I don't know any other styles to put my hair in....its too thick to roll, and when i put it in a ponytail....the ends of my hair looks like a lil frizzy kid...Help!!!

Hey, girl! I stretched to 11 weeks last time and am thinking about stretching longer this time.

Near the end, I would wash my hair, DC under heat and then pull my hiar into a low, loose ponytail at the nape of my neck and wrap a silk headscarf around it. I would then just either twist or roll the rest into a bun with some leave-in conditioner and pin. I would let it dry overnight and when I got up the roots were pretty much dried and they had a nice wave smoothness to them. When I took the bun down, it's still kinda wet, so I would undo the ponytail and either twist or braid the hair in sections and roll the ends with a small roller and sit under the dryer for ab 15-20m or leave it in a bun until I could sit under the dryer later on that day. This gave me nice controlled wavy braid outs and it kept my roots in control. I think I will be doing this a lot for the summer since I don't plan on sitting under the dryer for long periods of time...

I tried bantu knots, but never could get the hang of them, but the ladies here said that they are best done on dried hair, so I will try them one more time...

Hey Ladies

I didnt 4get about you but Ive been sooo busy and its making me upset bc my hair is shedding like crazy. I havent washed in 2 weeks:nono: and no DC in like 3 weeks. Ive been working so hard and Im so tired. I will try to wash today bc Im home early from work I had 2 get out of there.

How is everyone with their hair care?

Hello

Has anyone on here had experience with a small baldspot (from tension)? How long did it take to go away, and what did you do by the way. My hair was pulled out by the roots from braids almost 3 weeks ago, and I see no improvement.

with that being said, just wanted to update... so last week while washing my hair and taking down my braids, I kinda had alittle break down in behind my major shrinkage.... I just felt that I should have had a little bit more growth then what it looks like I have....after wearing cornrolls for 2.5 months I just thought I should have seen a difference....

I was upset, but I was reminded on another board that with natural hair sometimes its hard to really see your growth if you don't straighten it.....
so I got over it.

on a happier note I finally got the opportunity to try Mixed Chicks leave-in and I love it. I have been using S-curl as my leave in, but I found that the Mixed Chicks works way better.... my hair definitely likes cream. Its sooo soft and the cream is really moisturizing so I don't have to constantly keep applying it like I was doing the S-curl..... I even like it better then NTM leave in....which was a staple of mine.

have any of you ladies tried their regular conditioner... if so how did you like it? if its anything like the leave in I def would like to try it... but b4 I spend my money I would like to know if its even worth it.

Your hair is really pretty seems like ur doing a good job

so I got over it.

hey lady! your hair is so pretty! I have been wanting to try the mixed chicks leave-in for my son as he wants to grow his hair out into an afro and maybe get cornrows... we'll see how long that lasts (he's 9...)

Hey Ladies

I didnt 4get about you but Ive been sooo busy and its making me upset bc my hair is shedding like crazy. I havent washed in 2 weeks:nono: and no DC in like 3 weeks. Ive been working so hard and Im so tired. I will try to wash today bc Im home early from work I had 2 get out of there.

How is everyone with their hair care?

Hey Pretty. I've been having shed problems as well. I am trying to stretch 12 weeks and i'm on week 7 and my hair is just coming out. Small pieces everywhere. I've moisturized my ends. Nothing, so i'm gonna relax next week. I hope all this shedding hasn't set me back any, because i've been shedding a lot. :nono:

And Kelkel, your hair is fabulous!!!!! It looks great!!!!:grin::grin:

Thanks ladies for the support.....I am soooo glad that I have you girls to run my mouth to....my SO is over it...:grin:.

FindingMe, I thk your son should try it...... My friend who has 3b/3c hair didn't like it.... she said that although it was a good detangler-- she didn't think it did anything for her curls.....

but my 4a/4b hair loves it and needs to be detangled....and sealed with Vatika oil... I haven't even had to use a comb.

eta **just realized you said your son was nine years old and he wants braids...how cute...nine yrs old must be a turning point because my nephew all of sudden wanted to grow his hair out into a curly afro and wear cologne, my sis brought him axe body spray**

Last edited:
I ponytail rollerset w/lacio lacio this week. I think I used too much product :violin:. My hair was flat. So I am wearing my hair in my ole faithful ponytail :yep:. I've come to love and accept this ponytail. I used to think it was boring but it is really a lifesaver.
4-16-08.jpg

Hey, girl! I stretched to 11 weeks last time and am thinking about stretching longer this time.

Near the end, I would wash my hair, DC under heat and then pull my hiar into a low, loose ponytail at the nape of my neck and wrap a silk headscarf around it. I would then just either twist or roll the rest into a bun with some leave-in conditioner and pin. I would let it dry overnight and when I got up the roots were pretty much dried and they had a nice wave smoothness to them. When I took the bun down, it's still kinda wet, so I would undo the ponytail and either twist or braid the hair in sections and roll the ends with a small roller and sit under the dryer for ab 15-20m or leave it in a bun until I could sit under the dryer later on that day. This gave me nice controlled wavy braid outs and it kept my roots in control. I think I will be doing this a lot for the summer since I don't plan on sitting under the dryer for long periods of time...

I tried bantu knots, but never could get the hang of them, but the ladies here said that they are best done on dried hair, so I will try them one more time...
Thanks for that...that gave me some hope.....im getting it braided today hopefully it will last for atleast 2 weeks then i'll be at 10 weeks! Thanks,

I ponytail rollerset w/lacio lacio this week. I think I used too much product :violin:. My hair was flat. So I am wearing my hair in my ole faithful ponytail :yep:. I've come to love and accept this ponytail. I used to think it was boring but it is really a lifesaver.
4-16-08.jpg

All I can say is WOW I Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee ur hair like this :yep:

Hey Pretty. I've been having shed problems as well. I am trying to stretch 12 weeks and i'm on week 7 and my hair is just coming out. Small pieces everywhere. I've moisturized my ends. Nothing, so i'm gonna relax next week. I hope all this shedding hasn't set me back any, because i've been shedding a lot. :nono:

And Kelkel, your hair is fabulous!!!!! It looks great!!!!:grin::grin:

I think maybe u should try co washing daily or 2-3 times weekly when stretching and u might be able to go longer than 7 weeks. I washed yesterday and did a protein treatment with a moisture DC and airdry now no shedding. I think I was shedding like crazy bc I didnt do a protein treatment after relaxing in March and I was slacking on my DC didnt do any for since I relaxed which is bad.

What relaxer are you gonna use?

I think maybe u should try co washing daily or 2-3 times weekly when stretching and u might be able to go longer than 7 weeks. I washed yesterday and did a protein treatment with a moisture DC and airdry now no shedding. I think I was shedding like crazy bc I didnt do a protein treatment after relaxing in March and I was slacking on my DC didnt do any for since I relaxed which is bad.

What relaxer are you gonna use?
Exactly. After i sat and thought about it, i realized i hadn't did a protein treatment since my last relaxer. So i will try to hold on the relaxer for next friday and just do a wash later on today. and give my hair some much needed protein. And once school gets out, i'm definitely washing at least 2-3 times a week. Its sort of hard while school is going on. And my stylist uses Affirm on my hair.

Thanks ladies for the support.....I am soooo glad that I have you girls to run my mouth to....my SO is over it...:grin:.

FindingMe, I thk your son should try it...... My friend who has 3b/3c hair didn't like it.... she said that although it was a good detangler-- she didn't think it did anything for her curls.....

but my 4a/4b hair loves it and needs to be detangled....and sealed with Vatika oil... I haven't even had to use a comb.

eta **just realized you said your son was nine years old and he wants braids...how cute...nine yrs old must be a turning point because my nephew all of sudden wanted to grow his hair out into a curly afro and wear cologne, my sis brought him axe body spray**

I thought it was kinda cute, too. The hubby, not so much... :lachen: DS watches a lot of Disney, so I think her wants his hair to grow out like Corbin Blue from (Jump In and High School Musical)! My hubby thinks the braids will be OK, and maybe a pony, but he is not hearing the mushroom fro that Corbin sports. (I think he thinks it look G-A-Y? :hide:) I hope my son can be patient, with me foolin' in his hair everyday to find out what works for his hair, so he can grow it out long enough for us to see...:grin:

Exactly. After i sat and thought about it, i realized i hadn't did a protein treatment since my last relaxer. So i will try to hold on the relaxer for next friday and just do a wash later on today. and give my hair some much needed protein. And once school gets out, i'm definitely washing at least 2-3 times a week. Its sort of hard while school is going on. And my stylist uses Affirm on my hair.

What R ya'll using? ORS Rep Paks + EVOO? Those seem to work well for me when I start to get a little shedding and breakage. They have enuf protein, but not too much. Sometimes I aslo use the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor. The Aphogee 2 step (the hard one) is a little too harsh even when I have breakage. Also, I was in ULTA this weekend and was shopping around for new proteins and the stylists there recommended TiGi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor...ummm....OK.:look: So anyway, the PJ in me couldn't resist, so I bought it:lachen: and will try it this weekend, I think. I will let you know how it works out (with and wothout EVOO)...

http://tigihaircare.us/tigi/bedhead/archive/2007/02/27/dumb-blonde-reconstructor.aspx Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum (fragrance), Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Keratin Amino Acids, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, methylisothiazolinone, Methylcloroisothiazolinone, CI 19140 (Yellow 5).

Last edited:
Product Review::lachen::lachen:

What do you think, as I have used both and really like both. I used the bioInfusion with my last relaxer and my relaxer came out SOOOOOOO good. It seems like the Walgreen's brand is more economical, even not on sale as I cannot find my ORS Rep PAks for less than 1.29... I am wondering about the ingredients, though, but I am not good with analyzing ingredients...any comments?

Walgreens brand bioInfusion Olive Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment
$7.99 12oz (sometimes you can get for as little as $5.49 on sale)
http://www.walgreens.com/beauty/pro...ion=jump&navCount=1&id=prod3460659#ingredient
Ingredients

Water - Aqua , Glycerin , Coconut Oil - Cocos Nucifera , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Soybean Oil - Glycine Soja , Dimethicone , Cetyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth-20 , Wheat Germ Oil , Panthenol , Olive Oil - Olea Europaea , DMDM Hydantoin , Jojoba Oil - Buxus Chinensis , Methylparaben , Hydrolyzed Oat Protein , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , BHA , BHT , Bee Balm Extract - Monarda Didyma , Carrot Extract - Ducus Carota Sativa , Sunflower Seed Extract - Helianthus Annuus , Wheat Extract - Triticum Vulgare , Blue 1 - CI 42090 , Yellow 5 - CI 19140

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak

$.99-1.29 for 1.75 oz pak
http://www.walgreens.com/store/prod...ion=jump&navCount=1&id=prod1159537#ingredient

Ingredients

Water Aqua , Soybean Oil Glycine Soja , Glycerine , Olive Oil Olea Europaea , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin , Amino Silk Acid , Dimethicone Copolyol , Orange Oil Citrus Aupantium Dulcis , D'Limonene , Panthenol Vitamin B5 , Dimethicone , EDTA , Chamomile Extract Anthemis Nobilis , Sage Extract Salvia Officinalis , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Aloe Vera Gel Aloe Barbedensis , Yarrow Extract Achilea Millefolium , Kiwi Extract Actinidia Chinensis , Polyquaternium-37 , Trideceth-7 , Triethanolamine , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone , Yellow No. 6 CI 15985 , Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

Last edited:
What R ya'll using? ORS Rep Paks + EVOO? Those seem to work well for me when I start to get a little shedding and breakage. They have enuf protein, but not too much. Sometimes I aslo use the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor. The Aphogee 2 step (the hard one) is a little too harsh even when I have breakage. Also, I was in ULTA this weekend and was shopping around for new proteins and the stylists there recommended TiGi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor...ummm....OK.:look: So anyway, the PJ in me couldn't resist, so I bought it:lachen: and will try it this weekend, I think. I will let you know how it works out (with and wothout EVOO)...

http://tigihaircare.us/tigi/bedhead/archive/2007/02/27/dumb-blonde-reconstructor.aspx Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum (fragrance), Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Keratin Amino Acids, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, methylisothiazolinone, Methylcloroisothiazolinone, CI 19140 (Yellow 5).

I used the ORS pak and EVOO last week, but i don't think its enough for my hair. I'm going to try my Queen Helene Cholesterol and see how that goes. If all else fails, i'll check out the Aphogee and use it once i relax.

What do you think, as I have used both and really like both. I used the bioInfusion with my last relaxer and my relaxer came out SOOOOOOO good. It seems like the Walgreen's brand is more economical, even not on sale as I cannot find my ORS Rep PAks for less than 1.29... I am wondering about the ingredients, though, but I am not good with analyzing ingredients...any comments?

http://www.walgreens.com/beauty/pro...ion=jump&navCount=1&id=prod3460659#ingredient
Ingredients

Water - Aqua , Glycerin , Coconut Oil - Cocos Nucifera , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Soybean Oil - Glycine Soja , Dimethicone , Cetyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth-20 , Wheat Germ Oil , Panthenol , Olive Oil - Olea Europaea , DMDM Hydantoin , Jojoba Oil - Buxus Chinensis , Methylparaben , Hydrolyzed Oat Protein , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , BHA , BHT , Bee Balm Extract - Monarda Didyma , Carrot Extract - Ducus Carota Sativa , Sunflower Seed Extract - Helianthus Annuus , Wheat Extract - Triticum Vulgare , Blue 1 - CI 42090 , Yellow 5 - CI 19140

http://www.walgreens.com/store/prod...ion=jump&navCount=1&id=prod1159537#ingredient

Ingredients

Water Aqua , Soybean Oil Glycine Soja , Glycerine , Olive Oil Olea Europaea , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin , Amino Silk Acid , Dimethicone Copolyol , Orange Oil Citrus Aupantium Dulcis , D'Limonene , Panthenol Vitamin B5 , Dimethicone , EDTA , Chamomile Extract Anthemis Nobilis , Sage Extract Salvia Officinalis , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Aloe Vera Gel Aloe Barbedensis , Yarrow Extract Achilea Millefolium , Kiwi Extract Actinidia Chinensis , Polyquaternium-37 , Trideceth-7 , Triethanolamine , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone , Yellow No. 6 CI 15985 , Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

The biofusion has good ingredients. It does contain one cone, but my hair likes cones, so i may have to try it out. My hair didn't do much using ORS, but its ingredients look good to.

And what do you use these products for? As a DC?

The biofusion has good ingredients. It does contain one cone, but my hair likes cones, so i may have to try it out. My hair didn't do much using ORS, but its ingredients look good to.

And what do you use these products for? As a DC?

:yep:I am using them interchanegeably as a DC/mild protein treatment...

All I can say is WOW I Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee ur hair like this :yep:

:thankyou: Pr3tty!!!

[/b]

I thought it was kinda cute, too. The hubby, not so much... :lachen: DS watches a lot of Disney, so I think her wants his hair to grow out like Corbin Blue from (Jump In and High School Musical)! My hubby thinks the braids will be OK, and maybe a pony, but he is not hearing the mushroom fro that Corbin sports. (I think he thinks it look G-A-Y? :hide:) I hope my son can be patient, with me foolin' in his hair everyday to find out what works for his hair, so he can grow it out long enough for us to
see...:grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ingredients

Ingredients

FM I used Biofusion once w/ good results. I don't why I didn't continue to use. I think I need to back track :arrowleft: :yep:. It made my hair feel thicker & moisturized. I DC on dry hair for a couple of hours. I put on a plastic cap and took a nap!!!!

FM I used Biofusion once w/ good results. I don't why I didn't continue to use. I think I need to back track :arrowleft: :yep:. It made my hair feel thicker & moisturized. I DC on dry hair for a couple of hours. I put on a plastic cap and took a nap!!!!

I kinda like it, too. I use it interchangeably with the beloved ORS Rep PAKS...:yep: (The rest of the line is OK, although I do use the leave in to roller set with pretty good results...)

Hi ladies sorry that I have not been posting but I have kinda been feeling really sick and I have finals coming up. Well I am going to be taking my hair down this weekend, trimming the ends, deep conditioning, and wearing a wash and go for about a week or so. I am going to my first prenatal visit on Tuesday, so I'll ask the doc about my sulphur mix but I have not been using it. Welcome to all the new ladies and I hope that everything great for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

4-16-08.jpg

I LOVE UR HAIR KLomax!!!!!!!!!!

Back