Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Am I still considered a newbie? can i join? is it too late?:look:

Welcome!!!:yep:

In the words of Pr3tty (our founder:grin:) "You're in the right place. Please post your starting pics and your regimen so you can start in the fun! This is an anything goes challenge, so you set your own goals and post updates and progress monthly."

Come on in and join in the fun!

Thanks ladies... I'm 16 weeks post and I'm going somewhere next weekend, so a relaxer is deff needed. I'm trying to work out my regimen but I don't want to kill my scalp either. So I will relax on Friday and post pics afterwards. Thanks again ladies!

Thanks ladies... I'm 16 weeks post and I'm going somewhere next weekend, so a relaxer is deff needed. I'm trying to work out my regimen but I don't want to kill my scalp either. So I will relax on Friday and post pics afterwards. Thanks again ladies!
I know exactly what you mean MissTical....LOL...16 weeks is an awesome stretch....I'm striving for the same...im almost 6 weeks post and my NG is horrendous...but im striving...what do you do to keep it moisturized and soft for sooooo long?

Ladies I seem to have lost my way!!!! I need some assistance, support, paper bag to put over my head or something. This is my first stretch. I am only 7weeks into my stretch,everybody is either 10-12 weeks stretching. I feel like my lil 7weeks shouldn't even be a struggle compared to you guys. I cannot seem to locate the stretching forum. Can anyone direct me in the right direction.

I wait at least one week because my scalp is supersensitive, but I agree with the others to wait about 3-4 days.

I'm kinda glad curlformers aren't available in the UK, cause Sally's is only 15 mins away by bus and I'm tryin to save some money this month since I went kinda product crazy last month, so thanks but no thanks (however I wouldn't mind takin a sneak peek at pics:look:)

Pr3tty, you growin!:spinning:

Thanx girl Im trying

OOOOHHHHHH, PR3TTY, IT'S SO....PRETTY!!!!!:lick: I love it!!!!!!Girl, you are really growing!!! :weird:WHOO HOO!

YOu gonna have to do a tutorial on those doggone twistouts and bantu knots, 'cause yours come out looking like you put some rollers in!!!! The curls and waves are always so uniform, I can never get mine to come out like that...it's always just all over my head camoflauged by the thickness.:lachen:

FM did I ever tell u how much I luv u :lachen::lachen:You always say the right things to make us feel so good about our progress. I think my twistouts looks like curls bc my hair is soo fine that it really takes the twist and ur lovely perfect hair which I luv is soo nice and thick the twist wont sink in easily but girl I would take ur hair in a heart beat:yep:

I am rocking a ponytail. I can't do anything with my hair. I don't even know my type of hair, my NG is NOT friendly!!! :brucelee:

I would say try cowashing with a good conditioner that gives great slip and that should help the NG. When I last stretch for 12 weeks I use Breaks over and it have my NG so soft and under control

I am rocking a ponytail. I can't do anything with my hair. I don't even know my type of hair, my NG is NOT friendly!!! :brucelee:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: You can definitneyl do it!! You just have to find that something that works for your hair. A lot of us have just gone through an experimentation phase to try new things to see what works for them. :yep: I found Vatika oil (or virgin coconut oil) massaged into my scalp 3-4 times a week helped to soften my NG. It wasn't as thick and curly, it was a little straighter and I was able to stretch to 11 weeks, which is the longest I've EVER stretched! I could've gone longer if I had really tried, but I wanted to do a length check...

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome!!!! Here's my newly created Fotki journal:
http://public.fotki.com/MissKim0109/im-growing-my-hair-long/

My regimen is pretty simple:

Every 6.5 to 8 weeks:
Relaxer touch up with Affirm Dry & Itchy. Deep conditioning treatment and wrap.

Daily:
Vitamins and Supplements: Take my GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamins, along with a Woman's One A Day.

Drink at least 4 cups of water while I'm at work and two when I get home.

Mist hair with Ellin LaVar TherMist before I curl. I curl my hair with the iron set on a very low heat setting and I just bump the ends. Spray with ORS Olive Oil Sheen.

Every 2 to 3 nights:
Apply my MN mix to my scalp, wrap my hair with a silk scarf and off to bed.

Weekly:
Every week I see my stylist for a shampoo, deep conditioning treatment, and wrap.

As soon as my Lacio Lacio and SAA arrive I will incorporate them into my regimen.

Welcome Romey and MissKim

Do you ladies have starting pics and a regimen? We would love to see those cuts

Welcome Patience!!! you are in the right place. and i love your hair.

thanks:grin:...ok,so I guess my siggy is my starting pic:look:...I'm currently 4 weeks post....I relax every 10weeks...wash and set every week...prepoo with Emu/Jojoba/Olive/Camellia/Amla oils overnight..poo with Porosity Control...DC (alternating btwn) Terax Crema/Alter Ego Garlic Treament....keep my hair in a loose bun 4days out of the week...moisturize with Scurl or Elasta QP Mango Butter...No trims since 10/06 only S&D....ummmmm what else? aiming for full midback by Dec 08':yep:

Every 6.5 to 8 weeks:

Daily:
Vitamins and Supplements: Take my GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamins, along with a Woman's One A Day.

Mist hair with Ellin LaVar TherMist before I curl. I curl my hair with the iron set on a very low heat setting and I just bump the ends. Spray with ORS Olive Oil Sheen.

Every 2 to 3 nights:

Weekly:
Every week I see my stylist for a shampoo, deep conditioning treatment, and wrap.

As soon as my Lacio Lacio and SAA arrive I will incorporate them into my regimen.

CUTE cut!!!:yep: Very healthy and full!! Welcome!!!

Is it to late to join? I've had some hair trauma which ruined my natural hair, so now I'm trying to transition back and optimize growth and retain length. Thanks for this thread. it is lonely for newbies:yep:

Is it to late to join? I've had some hair trauma which ruined my natural hair, so now I'm trying to transition back and optimize growth and retain length. Thanks for this thread. it is lonely for newbies:yep:

Welcome Kayjae....

Do you have a starting pic and regimen

thanks:grin:...ok,so I guess my siggy is my starting pic:look:...I'm currently 4 weeks post....I relax every 10weeks...wash and set every week...prepoo with Emu/Jojoba/Olive/Camellia/Amla oils overnight..poo with Porosity Control...DC (alternating btwn) Terax Crema/Alter Ego Garlic Treament....keep my hair in a loose bun 4days out of the week...moisturize with Scurl or Elasta QP Mango Butter...No trims since 10/06 only S&D....ummmmm what else? aiming for full midback by Dec 08':yep:

You will be there in no time I really like ur regimen I need to get back to rollersetting as often as I use to

Every 6.5 to 8 weeks:

Daily:

Every 2 to 3 nights:

Weekly:

I luv the cut your hair is lovely. Im also a big fan of my lacio lacio leave in

Hi! I'm new and ready too see if I can get long hair again for twice in my life :) I'm exactly 10 weeks post. I don't have a strict regimen, hopefully that will change over time. I usually relax every 9-12 weeks.

I know exactly what you mean MissTical....LOL...16 weeks is an awesome stretch....I'm striving for the same...im almost 6 weeks post and my NG is horrendous...but im striving...what do you do to keep it moisturized and soft for sooooo long?

Hey BB10, the first 12 weeks no biggie... the last 4 I had my hair cornrowed and I wore wigs. I was trying to make it to Friday that will put me at 17 weeks.... honestly I don't know if this was a good thing for me or not. I'll have to see when I relax it, but I didn't have any intentions of letting it go on this long; nor did I take care of my hair the way I should have. So hopefully I'll have a success story to tell. As far as for you, how many weeks are you striving for? If I didn't have somewhere to go I would have continued to stretch, I'd wear a wig but it would be nice to have my hair down for a while. Good luck to you lady and you know we have your back!

Oh yeah I used Kera Care Moisturizer with Jojoba, I also have a spray bottle with water and I mist away...

Last edited:
I would say try cowashing with a good conditioner that gives great slip and that should help the NG. When I last stretch for 12 weeks I use Breaks over and it have my NG so soft and under control
Ok will do..... I am so new to this do your own hair thang. I got to get it together. I think I have 4A hair. I have found a member with my hair type so I am going to try the products she uses. I think its Keri Care line of products. I went on her tutorial website..... what a great site. I learned how to blow roots and saran wrap. I cant remember how to spell her name but her hair is just beautiful.

[/b]

:lachen::lachen::lachen: You can definitneyl do it!! You just have to find that something that works for your hair. A lot of us have just gone through an experimentation phase to try new things to see what works for them. :yep: I found Vatika oil (or virgin coconut oil) massaged into my scalp 3-4 times a week helped to soften my NG. It wasn't as thick and curly, it was a little straighter and I was able to stretch to 11 weeks, which is the longest I've EVER stretched! I could've gone longer if I had really tried, but I wanted to do a length check...
Ok.... thanks I am feeling empowered now. Does this coconut oil make your hair real greasy?

ladies,
I have a question. My Fotki doesn't require a password but, I see alot of ladies lock there pictures. I am still new and trying to understand this process. Should I also lock my photos? ok please I hope I dont sound like an idiot.... but what in the world do people steal photos of hair for? :nono:

I'm new to Fotki as well and I was wondering the same thing...

~Kim

ladies,
I have a question. My Fotki doesn't require a password but, I see alot of ladies lock there pictures. I am still new and trying to understand this process. Should I also lock my photos? ok please I hope I dont sound like an idiot.... but what in the world do people steal photos of hair for? :nono:

Ok will do..... I am so new to this do your own hair thang. I got to get it together. I think I have 4A hair. I have found a member with my hair type so I am going to try the products she uses. I think its Keri Care line of products. I went on her tutorial website..... what a great site. I learned how to blow roots and saran wrap. I cant remember how to spell her name but her hair is just beautiful.

Macherieamour, I believe...:yep:

:grin:
I'm new to Fotki as well and I was wondering the same thing...

~Kim

I think it's just your personal preference. Some members have it public and unlocked for anyone to see, some have it where it's password protected, etc. A lot of times when they password protect it,, they will put the password information in their LHCF profile, so that only paid LHCF members can access their photos. A lot of times people password protect bc they have pics of their faces, in bras :lachen:, their children, etc. that they just want to share with members of the forum and not general folks browsing the web. Some people combat this by just posting hair pics only and no personal or identifying pics (That's what I do).:yep: Some folks have even had strange men visiting their sites (and sometimes leaving weird messages), but I don't know of anyone personally that this has happened to.

I just think it's your personal preference. Currently, mine is open for public browsing, but the minute anything funny happens - I will password protect it and you will have to be a paid member of LHCF to get the password. (You cannot view a person's LHCF profile info unless you are a paid member)...Some members even have their LHCF profile set so that only people on their buddy list can access their profile. In that case, you would need to PM the person and they can add you to their buddy list...

HTH! :grin:

Last edited:
Back