Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hey ladies, I washed my hair tonight....and i did a pre poo for the first time...can i say AWESOME!!!...i wil of course without a doubt add that to my regimen....when i get one...lol....I posted some new pics on fotki...they are of my NG (5 1/2 weeks worth) and also of my length now (wet) ...which by surprise has grown a lil since my hair cut...I am taking Fast Grow (ethnic hair growth enhancer) pills by Exotic allure...so maybe that is what is giving me the growth....i ordered them online about two years ago and just started to use them about 2 weeks ago when i was shedding like crazy!!! Im excited!!!

Hey ladies, I washed my hair tonight....and i did a pre poo for the first time...can i say AWESOME!!!...i wil of course without a doubt add that to my regimen....when i get one...lol....I posted some new pics on fotki...they are of my NG (5 1/2 weeks worth) and also of my length now (wet) ...which by surprise has grown a lil since my hair cut...I am taking Fast Grow (ethnic hair growth enhancer) pills by Exotic allure...so maybe that is what is giving me the growth....i ordered them online about two years ago and just started to use them about 2 weeks ago when i was shedding like crazy!!! Im excited!!!

Plz let me know how fast grow is working after a while

I visted your fotki today nice :pics:. I especially :love4:the up do!!!

My braid out. A work in progress.:pullhair:
braidout4-3-08.jpg

I visted your fotki today nice :pics:. I especially :love4:the up do!!!

My braid out. A work in progress.:pullhair:
braidout4-3-08.jpg

Your braidouts to me always look pretty!! I was admiring your hair yesterday. I can't wait till mine is as full as yours. I love the braidout look but my hair never gets it quite right.

Hi all,

I signed up for this challenge, but I'm thinking that since I am transitioning, all of my future pics will not show any growth progress until I have either; cut off the relaxed hair or straightened it. And so... I won't be doing this challenge because I don't won't to use any heat for a while and I want to hold on to my relaxed hair as long as possible (or at least until it gets warmer here). I am doing the transitioning challenge instead.

I just wanted to let you guys know why you won't see any progress pics from me, but I will be stalking this thread. :yep:

...If ur reading this and is willing to do this with me we will have a start date and an ending date.
We will share what products we are gonna use
We will also share if we are willing to use aids (MTG MN etc)
How often we plan on washing relaxing etc...

Hello All:

I am inspried by many of you as you journey to meet your hair growth goals...so much so that I am also going to partake in this endeavor.

At this time, my hair is neck length, due to me getting the "Rhianna" cut last December. My goal is to reach collarbone length in the next 3 months, and ulimately BSL by the end of the year.

After reviewing the threads, Could someone explain to me what MN is?(perhaops I haven't read enough threads)

Thanks

I'm in, please add me to the Newbie Challenge! I'm growing out a Victoria Beckham inspired bob. My hair has grown out nicely, the sides are chin length and the back has grown in but it's still short.

~Kim

Okay ladies, I promised you an update. PICS!
013108to040408compare-vi.jpg

Left:January 31, 2008 a few days before my last relaxer (just a DC, not a
wash&scrub) (I think I was something like 7weeks post here)

Right:April 4, 2008 right after a coco milk & lime treatment (9weeks post)
I was going to get some expensive natural relaxer done but ya'll saved me once again! I'm so crazy w/o the LHCF ladies :rolleyes:

I opted for this instead (1 can coconut milk, just the thick cream and one lime for an hr). Softened the new grow very well, so I think I might be able to do a few more weeks of stretching. (thanks SamanthaJones67)!

I see London, I see Growth.

Last edited:
Okay ladies, I promised you an update. PICS!
013108to040408compare-vi.jpg

Left:January 31, 2008 a few days before my last relaxer (just a DC, not a
wash&scrub) (I think I was something like 7weeks post here)

Right:April 4, 2008 right after a coco milk & lime treatment (9weeks post)
I was going to get some expensive natural relaxer done but ya'll saved me once again! I'm so crazy w/o the LHCF ladies :rolleyes:

I opted for this instead (1 can coconut milk, just the thick cream and one lime for an hr). Softened the new grow very well, so I think I might be able to do a few more weeks of stretching. (thanks SamanthaJones67)!

I see London, I see Growth.

I think stretching is good as long as u take care of ur hair and it seems like ur doing a good job u will be so happy when u relax after a long good stretch

Ladies I know you all have seen me praise HE Breaks Over and now I heard its being discontinued...

I am soo sad:nono:

Im gonna get me butt out of bed 2morrow and go to the store 2 get as much as I can.

Now I see other ladies love this product as much as I do and if they take it all I dont know what I will do

This is just so hard 2 believe.... Why?????

Hair Type: 4A/4B
I use heat sparingly. If I do it’s an airdry and flat iron [Solia], or Dominican blowout at the salon with only roots being blown out.
I wash in sections twice a week 1 being a co-wash [V05 Strawberries and Cream] and 1 using shampoo [Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo]
Deep Condition [Miss Key 10-in-1 or Motions] rotate with Protein treatment [Duo-tex followed by Silicon Mix Cond.]
Leave-In: Giovanni Direct
Moisturize every other day with my mixed spritz of conditioner, water, and olive oil. Then ORS Olive Oil lotion and sealed with olive oil on the ends.
To avoid heat I airdry with leave-in and oil and then bun, or braidouts. I reallllly want to try curlformers but I hate sleeping in any kind of rollers/rods and I don’t have a dryer.
No supplements or growth aids.
I also try to avoid manipulation and combs/brushes
I relax every 12-14 weeks with ORS No-lye… I want to transition away from the creamy crack as welll..
Goal Length: Brastrap
Happy growing everybody! :wink2:

Attachments

• blowout.JPG
    blowout.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hair Type: 4A/4B
I use heat sparingly. If I do it’s an airdry and flat iron [Solia], or Dominican blowout at the salon with only roots being blown out.
I wash in sections twice a week 1 being a co-wash [V05 Strawberries and Cream] and 1 using shampoo [Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo]
Deep Condition [Miss Key 10-in-1 or Motions] rotate with Protein treatment [Duo-tex followed by Silicon Mix Cond.]
Leave-In: Giovanni Direct
Moisturize every other day with my mixed spritz of conditioner, water, and olive oil. Then ORS Olive Oil lotion and sealed with olive oil on the ends.
To avoid heat I airdry with leave-in and oil and then bun, or braidouts. I reallllly want to try curlformers but I hate sleeping in any kind of rollers/rods and I don’t have a dryer.
No supplements or growth aids.
I also try to avoid manipulation and combs/brushes
I relax every 12-14 weeks with ORS No-lye… I want to transition away from the creamy crack as welll..
Goal Length: Brastrap
Happy growing everybody! :wink2:

Welcome Missbonita

Ladies I know you all have seen me praise HE Breaks Over and now I heard its being discontinued...

Im gonna get me butt out of bed 2morrow and go to the store 2 get as much as I can.

Now I see other ladies love this product as much as I do and if they take it all I dont know what I will do

"Damn, damn, damn" (Good Times) I just used it for the first time and I love the smell. I think that I may have to stock up on this as well... I wonder if this is why there were only a few on the shelf in Wallmart. I'm hoping it was only because they haven't restocked it.

:welcome3: MissKim, Romey, and MissBonita!!!!!!

And i did here and HE discontinuing Pretty. Seems like many good products are being discontinued. I saw the new "organic" creme of nature bottles at the store yesterday and automatically thought about this place.

Thanks for welcoming me!!!

I've attached a picture to my profile...the file is to large to include in the thread. Anyhow, the pic is to reference hair length...it's a hot mess in the grow out stage.

I was apprehensive about the challenge as direct heat to my roots is the olny thing that straightens while I'm stretching my relaxer to 10 weeks. Well, I was turned on to the curlformers by two other members from another thread and the results are...Wonderful!!!

Now I can continue with my challenge without threat of losing my junk food.

See I'm pretty slow...I forgot to add my regimen.!
It's very simple.

1. I wash weekly with a oldie but goodie, Optimum Shampoo (Anti-Breakage Formula).
2. I condition (Optimum Conditioner) the hair, put on a place cap and sit under the dryer for 10 mins.
3. Rinse, rollerset, and style.

Every other week I plan to do a hot oil treatment. Also, I have begun to prepoo overnight...I haven't noticed a significant difference in my new growth texture from doing this, but I've read it helps.?..:perplexed

I've attached a picture to my profile...the file is to large to include in the thread. Anyhow, the pic is to reference hair length...it's a hot mess in the grow out stage.

I was apprehensive about the challenge as direct heat to my roots is the olny thing that straightens while I'm stretching my relaxer to 10 weeks. Well, I was turned on to the curlformers by two other members from another thread and the results are...Wonderful!!!

I dont use heat I do length checks when I relax. I take pics to show styles or what my hair looks like or what I did to it. I know some ladies think u have to use heat 2 be apart of this challenge and thats not the case. Its what works for ur hair. We're just here for each other in our trial stages and its good to have other ladies who listen and have feedback for you being that we dont always get feedback right away from starting a new thread about every issue we have especially as newbies. I've learn so much just from being apart of this newbie team.

Drats! On my way out to Sally's today to get the curlformers...:lachen:

Question... I just washed my hair today; can I relax it tomorrow? If not how long would you advise me to wait?

3 to 4 days you dont need the hair to be 2 clean plus it might burn I would just leave it alone for a couple of days then relax

Question... I just washed my hair today; can I relax it tomorrow? If not how long would you advise me to wait?

I wait at least one week because my scalp is supersensitive, but I agree with the others to wait about 3-4 days.

I'm kinda glad curlformers aren't available in the UK, cause Sally's is only 15 mins away by bus and I'm tryin to save some money this month since I went kinda product crazy last month, so thanks but no thanks (however I wouldn't mind takin a sneak peek at pics:look:)

Pr3tty, you growin!:spinning:

Aww man...I'm sorry to hear that, as that's my greatest fear...LOVING a product and then it no longer being available...:sad:

This is how I did my hair today. A twist out and also my April check in

twistout011-1.jpg

OOOOHHHHHH, PR3TTY, IT'S SO....PRETTY!!!!!:lick: I love it!!!!!!Girl, you are really growing!!! :weird:WHOO HOO!

YOu gonna have to do a tutorial on those doggone twistouts and bantu knots, 'cause yours come out looking like you put some rollers in!!!! The curls and waves are always so uniform, I can never get mine to come out like that...it's always just all over my head camoflauged by the thickness.:lachen:

Back