Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

lol, i went a little picture crazy and decided to share with you. the first set are of my sister. she talked me into flat ironing her thick, natural, APL hair. And lol, let me tell you, it seemed to have taken forever. But i liked the end result.

4vfdco.jpg

24m9q3r.jpg

2z56snq.jpg

These are of my air dried rollerset. I decided to try one out and see how it went. Now, i'm thinking its gonna be puffy because i used no heat, but it turned out really nice.
mk90sy.jpg

6fxt6s.jpg

this is a random picture of my new growth. I'm only 2 weeks post so i think this is a good amount. I'm not relaxing until my bday(april 28th) though. So i'll be able to post a length shot then.
25p7erp.jpg

lol, it was less pics than i thought. :grin:

Ladies dont 4 get its check in time. Its the first place ur pic in the thread It does not matter if its out in a weave we just wanna see whats going on. Plz have this by this weekend. I cant wait to see pics

My hair still looks the same. I re-did the braids in the same exact way to save time and energy. I plan on leaving them on until I get done with finals and this semester which will be April 30th. After that I am going to get my hair braided with Micros and leave that for about 6 weeks. I have been co washing with V05, deep conditioning with ORS Packets, using LTR leave-in conditioner, oiling scalp with sulfur mixture, sealing ends with a mixture of Castor oil and coconut oil, and using a moisturizing spritz a mixture of coconut oil, water, and infusium moisture leave-in. I co-wash 2-3x a week, deep condition 1x week, oil scalp every other day, and use the moisturizing spritz 2-3 daily.

lol, i went a little picture crazy and decided to share with you. the first set are of my sister. she talked me into flat ironing her thick, natural, APL hair. And lol, let me tell you, it seemed to have taken forever. But i liked the end result.

4vfdco.jpg

24m9q3r.jpg

2z56snq.jpg

These are of my air dried rollerset. I decided to try one out and see how it went. Now, i'm thinking its gonna be puffy because i used no heat, but it turned out really nice.
mk90sy.jpg

6fxt6s.jpg

this is a random picture of my new growth. I'm only 2 weeks post so i think this is a good amount. I'm not relaxing until my bday(april 28th) though. So i'll be able to post a length shot then.
25p7erp.jpg

Good job Fiya!!! :waytogo:How long did it take your roller set to dry?

Hey klo!!! I actually was up pretty late Friday night so i didn't lay down until 3 am and got up at 10. I took them out around noon. So from 3 to 12. which isn't too bad because my hair takes forever to dry completely. I just slept and let them dry.

BlackBeauty10 your hair is gorgeous.I wouldnt have thought you had hair troubles by the looks of your Fotki pics.You'll be at your goal in no time :yep:

Rai

DITTO on the rollerset, FIYA!!! Girl, you couldn't have had smoother curls at a salon! True. :grin:

(And kudos for flat ironing your sis' hair! whew, my forehead is over here sweating just thinking 'bout it! ):yep:

Hi ladies, im a newbie....i joined some of the other threads, but i like the vibe you guys got going on here....i like the feedback and the tips...you guys are great and i will love to be a part...My goal is AP length by nov/dec 2008 and im trying the Relaxer stretching....Lately my hair has been shedding like crazy...im suprised i have any left...lol....I got a cut in early march and my last relaxer was Feb 24 so im READY!!! Im excited....i've learned so much from the site..:grin: I will post more pics as soon as I wash my hair...i will also post a regimen....as soon as i come up with one....has anyone heard of nu expressions products and also Joyce Williams hairfood...my sorority sister has tremendous growth like 6 inches with these products in the last year....

Again, welcome! :yep: I tried to visti your FOTKI, but the site was down. I'll try again later!

ETA: I looked and your hair is BEAUTIFUL! YOu have your FOTKI set, though, so folks can't add comments. I wanted tot leave you a coupla kudos...

Last edited:
Weclome blackbeauty10!

Fiya... love the hair- both yours and yours sis!

I already have new pics up on my fotki!!! I have curlformers!

...like I need another person to sway me into getting these doggone curlformers...:perplexed

BUT, ...Your hair looks nice!:yep: How long did it take to dry? Was it significantly less time than a reg rollerset like folks are reporting? (that alone's making me want to get them for the summer

BlackBeauty10 your hair is gorgeous.I wouldnt have thought you had hair troubles by the looks of your Fotki pics.You'll be at your goal in no time :yep:

Rai
Thanks Raloftin, but yes girl I am having so much shedding....i mean in the handfuls and its thinning in the middle...I moved to Houston about a year and a half ago and its been shedding since then...The water here sucks, its so harsh on your hair.....the usual wash once a week and deep conditioning I been doing for years is not helping anymore......Ive came to a STANDSTILL. :-(...

Hello Everyone, Just joined today after spying for m onths! LOL I know its probably toolate for this challenge but when are we starting a new one??

Thanks Raloftin, but yes girl I am having so much shedding....i mean in the handfuls and its thinning in the middle...I moved to Houston about a year and a half ago and its been shedding since then...The water here sucks, its so harsh on your hair.....the usual wash once a week and deep conditioning I been doing for years is not helping anymore......Ive came to a STANDSTILL. :-(...

Girl, I'm in Austin, and you are right, the water here in TX is SO hard. I had to scrape scale off the dishwasher yesterday as it was getting krusty...:nono: That's been my main issue with doing my hair at home, the hard water...

Ladies, here's my progress pics for April...

I just relaxed:

1-week prior:
  • Clarify and chelate with ORS Aloe and Uplifting Shampoo
  • DC with ORS+2 tsp EVOO
Relaxer:
  • Relax with Silk Elements Mild + 2 tbsp EVOO
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment + Silk Elements Mega Silk
    (5 min under heat)
  • Neutralize w/ Silk Elements Neutralizing Shampoo
    (2x, let sit on hair for 5 min, shampoo down, low manipulation of hair)
  • Color Showers in Champagne
    (15 min under heat, 30 min outside of heat cap)
  • Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner (15 min under heat)
  • Rinse well, final rinse 1 gal distilled/filtered water
  • Set/Style
1-week post:
  • Aphogee Shampoo & 2 min reconstructor
  • Silk Elements Mega Silk + BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment+ 2 tsp EVOO (5 min under heat cap)
My hair came out flowy-dowey! LOVES IT!! I got about an inch in length I believe, so I am on track for my goal of BSL by the end of the year!!:grin:

Pics below (click to enlarge)

Attachments

• April length check.JPG
    April length check.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 10
Girl, I'm in Austin, and you are right, the water here in TX is SO hard. I had to scrape scale off the dishwasher yesterday as it was getting krusty...:nono: That's been my main issue with doing my hair at home, the hard water...

Hey FindingMe I'm in San Antonio and the water here is awful as well. I just moved a few days ago from an apartment to a house and I have a water softener so I really hope that helps. Anywho hard water or not lady... your hair is banging!!!!!!:trampolin

Thanks FM and Mshottie!!!!!!!! I appreciate that alot.

@ FM, it took about 7 hours, give or take. I just let it dry while i slept and when i woke up, took the rollers out and they were dry. I was surprised myself at how nice they turned out. I will continue this, it'll keep me away from the flatiron every week.

@ MsHottie, i didn't even use curlformers, I used regular magnetic rollers with the snap on thingie.

And :welcome3: Eroberson!!!!

Last edited:
Fiya, your hair looks great, good job. How did you sleep in the rollers? Were they the hard ones? I tried it once and had to get up and take those bad boys out! lol.
Hey klo!!! I actually was up pretty late Friday night so i didn't lay down until 3 am and got up at 10. I took them out around noon. So from 3 to 12. which isn't too bad because my hair takes forever to dry completely. I just slept and let them dry.

You and your sister have beautiful hair. Your curls are perfect!

Fiya, your hair looks great, good job. How did you sleep in the rollers? Were they the hard ones? I tried it once and had to get up and take those bad boys out! lol.

Yeah, they were. I Used the Green Magnetic rollers with the snap on. They didn't bother me. I just slept downward. But, u can use flexirods. they are soft and u won't have trouble sleeping in those. Thats my next mission, to try those and airdry.

Hey FindingMe I'm in San Antonio and the water here is awful as well. I just moved a few days ago from an apartment to a house and I have a water softener so I really hope that helps. Anywho hard water or not lady... your hair is banging!!!!!!:trampolin

THANKS! I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous of the water softener...just plain green....

FM, thanks for the wonderful comments. I think you are right about that one roller set not being dry enough. I think by it being damp the newgrowth got some shrank and the ends got frizzy. Thanks again. Oh and your hair, is lookin great. You will be at BSL in no time. :yep:

Welcome to all the newbies!
Hey, girlie! LOVE the chop and I left you some comments in your FOTKI!

WELCOME to the new ladies!!!

Thanks FM and Mshottie!!!!!!!! I appreciate that alot.

@ FM, it took about 7 hours, give or take. I just let it dry while i slept and when i woke up, took the rollers out and they were dry. I was surprised myself at how nice they turned out. I will continue this, it'll keep me away from the flatiron every week.

@ MsHottie, i didn't even use curlformers, I used regular magnetic rollers with the snap on thingie.

And :welcome3: Eroberson!!!!

Yep, wlecome Eroberson!:yep:

Fiya, I can't sleep in rollers...how do you do it? I wish I could...:perplexedI was at my wits end with those doggone bantu knots. They felt like rocks on my head...:ohwell:

Again, welcome! :yep: I tried to visti your FOTKI, but the site was down. I'll try again later!

ETA: I looked and your hair is BEAUTIFUL! YOu have your FOTKI set, though, so folks can't add comments. I wanted tot leave you a coupla kudos...
Thanks for the comments FindingMe and Misstical...i appreciate it alot...and Misstical i am jealous of your water softner too...lol and yes FindingMe mine is green too...lol...what a shame! I bought a filter, but it doesn't give off enough pressure to actually wash my hair so I guess I just have to change up the routine....I have to find a regimen to stick with...

Ladies, here's my progress pics for April...

I just relaxed:

1-week prior:
  • Clarify and chelate with ORS Aloe and Uplifting Shampoo
  • DC with ORS+2 tsp EVOO
Relaxer:
  • Relax with Silk Elements Mild + 2 tbsp EVOO
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment + Silk Elements Mega Silk
    (5 min under heat)
  • Neutralize w/ Silk Elements Neutralizing Shampoo
    (2x, let sit on hair for 5 min, shampoo down, low manipulation of hair)
  • Color Showers in Champagne
    (15 min under heat, 30 min outside of heat cap)
  • Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner (15 min under heat)
  • Rinse well, final rinse 1 gal distilled/filtered water
  • Set/Style
1-week post:
  • Aphogee Shampoo & 2 min reconstructor
  • Silk Elements Mega Silk + BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment+ 2 tsp EVOO (5 min under heat cap)
My hair came out flowy-dowey! LOVES IT!! I got about an inch in length I believe, so I am on track for my goal of BSL by the end of the year!!:grin:

Pics below (click to enlarge)
Your grow girl!!!:congrats:Nice Progress

Back