Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

[Looks pretty:grin:

quote=pearlfection;4079233]Decided to put in some Easter hair. LOL! So I dyed my hair jet black on Friday, let air dry and then had my mom braid my hair on Saturday. I sewed in the hair and I have not done this in a while so my arms are sore today. Anywho photos are in my Fotki.link (http://public.fotki.com/pearlfection/weave-a-licious!/)
I think I'm going to wear weave for at least the next 3 months as a protective style choice.[/quote]

Okey Dokey. I had to wash those curls out last night because they were really aggravating me. My hair was getting tangled, so i stopped by Sally's to pick up this Stabilizer Plus another person said was good for detangling. So i got home and i prepooed with Cantu Shea Butter, and EVOO, and i diluted it with water, Thanks to God's Grace for telling me to use a conditioner. So i let that sit for about an hour. Then i proceeded to wash. While washing i had to make sure i was touching my own hair!!! It was so soft and silky under the water. I then used the Stabilizer, and let me tell u, i have fallen in love with it. I didn't even have to use conditioner. I just towel dried and applied my leave in. I blow dried and didn't even need to Flat iron, so i didn't. I am going to wait to post pictures since its getting close to the end of this month. But i am loving how my hair felt. I am loving this Stabilizer and i will do this routine every wash.

ETA:
duplicate post..ne'ermind...

Last edited:
Hi everyone - I am back after a little hiatus. I have also fallen prey to the forum madness & I am trying to have some self-control. At this point, I am trying to use some things up before buying more. However, have you guys seen the ovation/mega-tek challenge thread? The ladies have me wanting to buy some eqyss mega-tek rebuilder. I actually almost checked out and then decided I would wait. All accounts seem to believe that it really works with thickness & growth. the challenge goes from March to June so I am trying to wait and see more results before purchasing. I tried the ojon hydrating shampoo & conditioner. It was fine but it wasn't earth shattering for me. I havent tried anything else in the ojon line though. I did try the bioinfusion moisturizing lotion & it makes my hair really soft and silky.

Did you pre-poo with the Restorative treatment? The line is NOTHING without that step! I agree, the shampoo and conditioner are OK, but when I use it in conjunction with the Restorative Treamtnet, it just all comes together. That stuff is the ish for folks with thirsty hair!!:yep:

quote=pearlfection;4079233]Decided to put in some Easter hair. LOL! So I dyed my hair jet black on Friday, let air dry and then had my mom braid my hair on Saturday. I sewed in the hair and I have not done this in a while so my arms are sore today. Anywho photos are in my Fotki.link (http://public.fotki.com/pearlfection/weave-a-licious!/)
I think I'm going to wear weave for at least the next 3 months as a protective style choice.
[/quote]

where's the weave?!?!?!:lachen: I SWEAR that looks like your hair! GREAT job! I would wear a weave, too if mine came out like that!!!:yep:

hi there,
is it too late to join?
I m on shoulder lenght and my dream is to be at APL with thick hair !
I would like to share with you my progress !
is it too late

Love love love the hair girl, You did it yourself!? Great job! i can't even tell its a weave!
Decided to put in some Easter hair. LOL! So I dyed my hair jet black on Friday, let air dry and then had my mom braid my hair on Saturday. I sewed in the hair and I have not done this in a while so my arms are sore today. Anywho photos are in my Fotki.link (http://public.fotki.com/pearlfection/weave-a-licious!/)
I think I'm going to wear weave for at least the next 3 months as a protective style choice.

ITA with FM, the restorative hair treatment is the base of the whole line. If you try anything try this. Its the only item in the line that I will be keeping. I am taking sulfate shampoos out of my reggi as soon as I finish up all my product.

Hi everyone - I am back after a little hiatus. I have also fallen prey to the forum madness & I am trying to have some self-control. At this point, I am trying to use some things up before buying more. However, have you guys seen the ovation/mega-tek challenge thread? The ladies have me wanting to buy some eqyss mega-tek rebuilder. I actually almost checked out and then decided I would wait. All accounts seem to believe that it really works with thickness & growth. the challenge goes from March to June so I am trying to wait and see more results before purchasing. I tried the ojon hydrating shampoo & conditioner. It was fine but it wasn't earth shattering for me. I havent tried anything else in the ojon line though. I did try the bioinfusion moisturizing lotion & it makes my hair really soft and silky.

Hey peoples, sorry to be MIA, I'm gonna be in and out mostly cause this working and studying thing is no joke, I had forgotten what it was like:perplexed, but I will try to check in and give an update when I can.

I didn't try to spiral rods after all cause I had an interview and I didn't want to take the chance if they came out crazy, so I just blowdried and flat ironed. I made the mistake of prepooing with Coconut milk and EVOO this time:nono: No good, it was a tangled, dry mess, think hay with milk. So I had to break out my emergency never fail conditioner-ORS replenishing pak combined with EVOO (I put this in everthing), worked like a charm. So I think I'm gonna leave the coconut milk to the cooking from now on.

Pearlfection, your hair, (you bought it so it is yours:lachen:) looks :wow:. I would never have guessed. You should be butt length in no time!

Note to self...find Stabilizer:charge:

[/quote]

Absolutely gorgeous girl!!!! I love it. It looks so natural. Now i'm really wanting a weave.

Hi ladies, I have a problem. I cut my hair about a month ago because I had so many split ends. I started sealing my ends and really taking care of my hair. I got my hair braided and it is now approaching a month since. I undid one of the braids and now I see spilt ends again.:wallbash: I used the right type of hair shears and they were new!!! While my hair was braided I pre-poo, cowash,deep conditioned, sealed my ends and kept my hair moisturized, but I still see split ends . I am seriously discouraged, I feel like I keep hitting a brick wall. Does anyone have any suggestions!!!

I am suppose to be packing and cleaning but yet I cant stay away. I might have 2 pack the computer first :yep:

Uh uh, get your butt off that computer and go pack, I know its hard but if you don't do it you'll be :wallbash: cause you forgot something.
Don't make us :spank:!

Hi ladies, I have a problem. I cut my hair about a month ago because I had so many split ends. I started sealing my ends and really taking care of my hair. I got my hair braided and it is now approaching a month since. I undid one of the braids and now I see spilt ends again.:wallbash: I used the right type of hair shears and they were new!!! While my hair was braided I pre-poo, cowash,deep conditioned, sealed my ends and kept my hair moisturized, but I still see split ends . I am seriously discouraged, I feel like I keep hitting a brick wall. Does anyone have any suggestions!!!

I know how you feel Cindyl, but just remember that you can't get rid of EVERY split end. I used to worry about that all the time and it drove me crazy, then I realized that as long as I was taking care of my hair (which you did) it will eventually get better. Now I know as a matter of fact, I have split ends but I do my best to keep my hair moisturized and trimmed every so often and I still see split ends sometimes. So don't beat yourself up, you're doing a great job taking care of it, there will always be something, whether its a split end or a broken hair or knots or whatever the case maybe.
So my suggestion (which isn't really a suggestion) is to continue doing what you're doing which is taking care of your hair and don't agonize over it, the less stressed you are the better:yep: HTH

I know how you feel Cindyl, but just remember that you can't get rid of EVERY split end. I used to worry about that all the time and it drove me crazy, then I realized that as long as I was taking care of my hair (which you did) it will eventually get better. Now I know as a matter of fact, I have split ends but I do my best to keep my hair moisturized and trimmed every so often and I still see split ends sometimes. So don't beat yourself up, you're doing a great job taking care of it, there will always be something, whether its a split end or a broken hair or knots or whatever the case maybe.
So my suggestion (which isn't really a suggestion) is to continue doing what you're doing which is taking care of your hair and don't agonize over it, the less stressed you are the better:yep: HTH

Thank You so much GodsGrace, I am glad that you said that because I was seriously thinking about completely cuting all of my hair off and starting from scratch. I will try not to worry about it. Thank You so very agian!!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Aww, i hope things get better Cindyl. split ends irk me sometimes, but they still come no matter what. Just continue moisturizing and they should be okay. And maybe its just time for your hair to start over. what i mean is that every 6 years or so our hair has to regrow and the old hair sheds, so maybe thats where some of your split ends are coming from.

Thank You so much GodsGrace, I am glad that you said that because I was seriously thinking about completely cuting all of my hair off and starting from scratch. I will try not to worry about it. Thank You so very agian!!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

You're welcome sweetie, that's what we're here for, if we didn't support each other we'd all be walking round with no hair starting from scratch:lachen: I have felt like that many a time, but you just got to do your best and keep truckin. I know my hair's not at its best so I try to do better every time. It's the dedication and encouragement of the ladies on this forum (and the grace of God:grin:) that keeps me from doin a Sinead O'Connor. So hang in there, we're all in it together!

Now just pray for me and this flexirod set this weekend y'all, I'm scurred!:perplexed But the good news is I finally get to go to the beauty supply store (which-is-about-100-towns-away-but-I-don't-care) to get some much needed S-curl-thank you Lord!)

Last edited:
You're welcome sweetie, that's what we're here for, if we didn't support each other we'd all be walking round with no hair starting from scratch:lachen: I have felt like that many a time, but you just got to do your best and keep truckin. I know my hair's not at its best so I try to do better every time. It's the dedication and encouragement of the ladies on this forum (and the grace of God:grin:) that keeps me from doin a Sinead O'Connor. So hang in there, we're all in it together!

Now just pray for me and this flexirod set this weekend y'all, I'm scurred!:perplexed But the good news is I finally get to go to the beauty supply store (which-is-about-100-towns-away-but-I-don't-care) to get some much needed S-curl-thank you Lord!)

Well, GOOD LUCK, and I know that it will come out looking great:woot:!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You again.

Aww, i hope things get better Cindyl. split ends irk me sometimes, but they still come no matter what. Just continue moisturizing and they should be okay. And maybe its just time for your hair to start over. what i mean is that every 6 years or so our hair has to regrow and the old hair sheds, so maybe thats where some of your split ends are coming from.

Yeah they irk me too!!!! I will keep doing what I am doing and God willing things work out for the best. Thank you very much!!!

Don't give up. Just keep up the good work you are already doing. It will get better. Don't let minor setbacks get your down. :yawn:

You guys I just wanted to share my latest pic on my fotki. I think I've got a little growth going on. Maybe due to the Ovation cell therapy? But I started on 3/20. Maybe the vits and ORS hair mayo.... I don't know but I can definitely tell it's thicker and a bit longer. The pic doesn't really do any justice. Sucky camera phone. :rolleyes:

Back