Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Girl, your curls came out the Bomb!!! :yep: PUH-LEAZE tell me you didn't set them with those doggone curlformers... [that everyone has and that I really want, but refuse to buy bc I have oh-so many products already here at home and can't afford to try something else, especially something that costs like over $50 to try that I think I can duplicate with the gabillions of flexi rods in various sizes that I already own...(pant) (pant)... ] ...'cause it may just push me over the edge and out the door to Sally's :perplexed

:lachen::lachen:lol, i'm a college student so those aren't even in this budget. I used flexirods and they worked great!!!! I used various sizes. I used the small green ones, medium yellow ones, and the bigger red ones. and it came out pretty good.

Wow, I need for you all to come do my hair, did you set that yourself Fiya? It came out beautiful, what kind of rollers did you use? And I'm loving the streaks too (those are streaks of colour I see right:look:) I likeeeeee a lot, now spill-products used, tools used, drying time, the works:yep:
lol, my friend and I did them. Well, mainly her,lol. But she used Motions Foam before she applied them. And basically she parted the hair in small sections, mainly in the back since my hair is shorter there. And she applied a wrapping paper then proceeded to roll each piece of hair in a vertical position. She started from the bottom and worked her way up to the top. I used a regular sit under dryer, and it took about 1 and half hours, but it always takes a long time for my hair to dry. I will look for the sizes of rods that i used and post them for you.

ETA:
flexi%20Rollers.gif

I used the green, yellow, and red ones. I think the bigger u go up, the more bouncy they'll be. I may try to bigger ones another time. also, i got a relaxer done at the salon then i let my friend do these, because my stylist likes to use spritz,lol, and i don't do spritz. Next time i will post after i do them. These are about 4 days old.

Last edited:
Hey ladies, first off I must apologize, I can't access this forum at work, so I have to wait till I get home, so forgive me if this is kinda late.

You know I just finished typing a post and before I could press enter, the daggone computer shutdown:wallbash:, so this is round 2 really!

Thank you for all the suggestions ladies, I went looking for the ORS olive oil lotion, went to some stores I know sold it, they were all out. Went to the Sally's, the girl that worked there looked at me like I was Sirleena from MIB, made me want to neuralize myself to forget I asked!

Pr3tty, your hair definitely looks thicker, you know you gots to share the details right?:grin:

Jassy, girl you have some skills, your braids are gorgeous! Just like a professional, so neat and glossy too! Can I borrow your hands for a few weeks, I'll bring them back, promise! :lachen:(Yeah I know I'm a ham)

Let me end this post before this computer acts up again, thanks again for the suggestions!:yep:

Oh, and big welcome to Tycoles!:dance7:
Thanx girl and I dont even know whats making my hair thicker I guess the way I relax now maybe.... not that ur pretty hair needs anything I can offer

Hello Ladies,

Fiya: I love love love the hair girl! And 3 days ago you said, they are holding up real well, like you just did it.

Pr3tty: thanx for the def. of DH that was driving me nut, Dont even ask me why I couldnt figure that one out! :perplexed

GodsGrace: Thanx so much, maybe my go go gadget arms will stretch to london for ya. LOL. But after you hear this story you might pass on the offer.

So as I was taking my coat of in class today you will never believe what happened. I was taking off my coat and settling at my seat when I looked down at the floor and there it was...a BRAID!:nono: I couldnt believe it (well I guess I could) :lachen:I very smoothly kick it under my desk, then did a quick :look:. The coast was clear so I grabbed it and tossed it in my bag. :blush: Hope no one saw that one. Girls, I was afraid to move my had for the rest of the class! I did an reenactment for my BF, he got a good laugh! :lachen::lachen::lachen:So did I!

Also, I braided my hair last night, check out the pics in my fotki. I plan on keeping my hair like this at least 2 weeks out of the month. Let me now what ya think.:grin:[/quote]

wOW, YOUR HAIR LOOKS REALLY BEAUTIFUL!

:lachen:
Hello Ladies,

Fiya: I love love love the hair girl! And 3 days ago you said, they are holding up real well, like you just did it.

Pr3tty: thanx for the def. of DH that was driving me nut, Dont even ask me why I couldnt figure that one out! :perplexed

GodsGrace: Thanx so much, maybe my go go gadget arms will stretch to london for ya. LOL. But after you hear this story you might pass on the offer.

So as I was taking my coat of in class today you will never believe what happened. I was taking off my coat and settling at my seat when I looked down at the floor and there it was...a BRAID!:nono: I couldnt believe it (well I guess I could) :lachen:I very smoothly kick it under my desk, then did a quick :look:. The coast was clear so I grabbed it and tossed it in my bag. :blush: Hope no one saw that one. Girls, I was afraid to move my had for the rest of the class! I did an reenactment for my BF, he got a good laugh! :lachen::lachen::lachen:So did I!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
:funny:

Hello Ladies,

:lachen::lachen::lachen:lol, now that was funny. And thanks for the compliment Jassy.:grin:

Hey ladies, first off I must apologize, I can't access this forum at work, so I have to wait till I get home, so forgive me if this is kinda late.

You know I just finished typing a post and before I could press enter, the daggone computer shutdown:wallbash:, so this is round 2 really!

Thank you for all the suggestions ladies, I went looking for the ORS olive oil lotion, went to some stores I know sold it, they were all out. Went to the Sally's, the girl that worked there looked at me like I was Sirleena from MIB, made me want to neuralize myself to forget I asked!

Pr3tty, your hair definitely looks thicker, you know you gots to share the details right?:grin:

Jassy, girl you have some skills, your braids are gorgeous! Just like a professional, so neat and glossy too! Can I borrow your hands for a few weeks, I'll bring them back, promise! :lachen:(Yeah I know I'm a ham)

Let me end this post before this computer acts up again, thanks again for the suggestions!:yep:

Oh, and big welcome to Tycoles!:dance7:
lol thats funny, I wonder why they dont have it a sally's , I usually go to CVS for mine

Hello Ladies,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I need to hurry up and wash these curls out. My hair is tangling horribly on the ends and i keep pulling out 2 to 3 strands of hair. maybe i just need to keep my hands out. :sad::nono::nono: Thats why i don't wear curls. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello Ladies,

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Oh My Gorrah, Jassy you are a smooth operator, what they don't know won't hurt 'em!

I need to hurry up and wash these curls out. My hair is tangling horribly on the ends and i keep pulling out 2 to 3 strands of hair. maybe i just need to keep my hands out. :sad::nono::nono: Thats why i don't wear curls. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know how that is Fiya, and that is exactly what I do, leave it the heck alone till wash day, I'm tryin to hold on to this braidout till next wash, so if I look crazy till Friday oh well. When it comes to wash time what I usually do is fill my spray bottle with water and a little bit of conditioner and that helps with the tangles. But your curls did come out really cute, two or three strands isn't bad, at least it isn't a handful (gotta keep on the bright side:yep:)

lol, my friend and I did them. Well, mainly her,lol. But she used Motions Foam before she applied them. And basically she parted the hair in small sections, mainly in the back since my hair is shorter there. And she applied a wrapping paper then proceeded to roll each piece of hair in a vertical position. She started from the bottom and worked her way up to the top. I used a regular sit under dryer, and it took about 1 and half hours, but it always takes a long time for my hair to dry. I will look for the sizes of rods that i used and post them for you.

ETA:

I used the green, yellow, and red ones. I think the bigger u go up, the more bouncy they'll be. I may try to bigger ones another time. also, i got a relaxer done at the salon then i let my friend do these, because my stylist likes to use spritz,lol, and i don't do spritz. Next time i will post after i do them. These are about 4 days old.

Oooh, thanks for the breakdown, I currently only have the grey ones, I don't know what size they are but they look about medium I guess. My problem is getting the rod to stay once I roll it up, I can never seem to get the hang of it, I might try again this weekend. I have some Motions foam, and I learned my lesson last time that less is best, so depending on how it goes, I might try it. I'll let y'all know!:spinning:

Thanx girl and I dont even know whats making my hair thicker I guess the way I relax now maybe.... not that ur pretty hair needs anything I can offer

Girl I need all the help I can get, share and share alike, so I'll take some of your bling, Fiya's curls, Jassy's braiding skills (nevermind the prodigal braid Jas, we fall down but we get up) and FindingMe's hair thickness.

Stalker, thy name is GodsGrace (and daggone proud of it too:lachen:)

Oooh, thanks for the breakdown, I currently only have the grey ones, I don't know what size they are but they look about medium I guess. My problem is getting the rod to stay once I roll it up, I can never seem to get the hang of it, I might try again this weekend. I have some Motions foam, and I learned my lesson last time that less is best, so depending on how it goes, I might try it. I'll let y'all know!:spinning:

I think the trick to getting them to stay is to match the size of hair up good with the size roller you are using. And once u apply a small amount of foam, roll it around and bend the rod tight so that it'll hold. Mine wouldn't go anywhere until she took them down,lol.

And i'm trying to wait until Friday, to give them a week, but i may end up washing tonight. I'll try though. And i am going to force myself from picking in my hair. I have a bad problem with that.

:lachen:too funny.
I found a link that talks about braid extentions. They even have a video. The braids she is doing are really small, but the same method applies. HTH: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html

Girl I need all the help I can get, share and share alike, so I'll take some of your bling, Fiya's curls, Jassy's braiding skills (nevermind the prodigal braid Jas, we fall down but we get up) and FindingMe's hair thickness.

Stalker, thy name is GodsGrace (and daggone proud of it too:lachen:)

Hey Ladies
I am proud to say none of my braids hit the floor today!:grin:

I started using MN today. I mixed I tube of FD MN, 4oz tea tree oil, and about 2 oz of castor oil. As soon as I applied it I felt a headach coming on :perplexed I have been sick lately so maybe it was that, or maybe it was the strong smell. I messaged, jumped in the shower (steam helps my headaches sometime) got out took some aleve and now Im fine. So we shall see. Hope It works and without headaches. Oh...and my head was really warm and tingly after applying. Anyone else?

I have a new pic on my fotki. It's not the best. It's a new growth texture shot. It's got a little curly/wavy pattern to it. I don't know what type that is?

I did a cowash the other night and added some avocado oil to the cond. it really made my hair feel good! I also use Nexxus biotin creme on my scalp and around my temples and crown area where my hair is a little bit thinner, not too much but it could be thicker. I used jojoba oil on my hair and on my ends. My hair was really soft! And I have not been blow drying.

Ladies, you should get a towel turban! I really love this thing. My hair dried nicely and felt soooo soft afterward.

Hey Ladies

I started using MN today. I mixed I tube of FD MN, 4oz tea tree oil, and about 2 oz of castor oil. As soon as I applied it I felt a headach coming on :perplexed I have been sick lately so maybe it was that, or maybe it was the strong smell. I messaged, jumped in the shower (steam helps my headaches sometime) got out took some aleve and now Im fine. So we shall see. Hope It works and without headaches. Oh...and my head was really warm and tingly after applying. Anyone else?

i just started using MN this week too. (yay for Family Dollar! :grin:) i haven't really noticed a smell and for the first few days no weird side-effects (ie. itching or headaches) until today when i did notice that my head has been hurting a bit. but i honestly think it's b/c of my late nights studying as of late so i want to wait it out to make sure that's the cause and not the MN.
have u checked out the MN user's thread? there are a lot of great recipes ladies have been using to deal with the headaches and are still getting fantastic results. if my headaches are MN related, i plan on using one of their mixes.

(ps. i get the head tingles too :yep:)

happy growing!

I made my sulfur mix agian with the right proportions although it looks like the sulfur isn't dissolving like I think it should, I don't know I hope that it works. I will oil my scalp with the mix every other day. I put some coconut oil and water in a spray bottle and will use that to moisturize my hair throughout the day. Hopefully my hair is loving all the attention and decides to behave better that last time. I don't want to have to cut anymore.

misshottienelson: I checked out your fotki, you got a nice amount of NG. Im not sure what the type is either. I does look pretty wavy to me though. Maybe one of the other ladies would no better.

Isis: Thanks for the help. So far my head is fine, the slight headache did not last for long. You mentioned late night studing, I have been doing the same, and I had 2 exams today :spinning: Sooo...maybe thats it. I am so excited, I cant wait to see results!

ALL R WELCOME
:lachen::lachen:
COME TO THE LIGHT MY CHILDREN
:lachen::lachen:
THERE IS COMFORT IN THE LIGHT:lachen::lachen: sorry, I just couldn't help it anymore:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• zelda.jpg
    zelda.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
I have a new pic on my fotki. It's not the best. It's a new growth texture shot. It's got a little curly/wavy pattern to it. I don't know what type that is?

I did a cowash the other night and added some avocado oil to the cond. it really made my hair feel good! I also use Nexxus biotin creme on my scalp and around my temples and crown area where my hair is a little bit thinner, not too much but it could be thicker. I used jojoba oil on my hair and on my ends. My hair was really soft! And I have not been blow drying.

Ladies, you should get a towel turban! I really love this thing. My hair dried nicely and felt soooo soft afterward.

Can you let us know how the biotin creme is working for you? I've been thinking of getting this. Also, I agree about the towel turbans! :yep:

Hey Ladies

Hmm... you used an entire tube of it with that? Hmm.... maybe u need to up your oil ratio more. But from the time I applied it i never had anything bad happen, but i guess its just the person. But i would add a little more oil and see what it does. And it didn't tingle either. I just got a lot of new growth. but no tingles.

Back