Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hey Ladies
I am proud to say none of my braids hit the floor today!:grin:

I started using MN today. I mixed I tube of FD MN, 4oz tea tree oil, and about 2 oz of castor oil. As soon as I applied it I felt a headach coming on :perplexed I have been sick lately so maybe it was that, or maybe it was the strong smell. I messaged, jumped in the shower (steam helps my headaches sometime) got out took some aleve and now Im fine. So we shall see. Hope It works and without headaches. Oh...and my head was really warm and tingly after applying. Anyone else?

yes, to the bold part for me as well.

Hey Ladies
I am proud to say none of my braids hit the floor today!:grin:

I started using MN today. I mixed I tube of FD MN, 4oz tea tree oil, and about 2 oz of castor oil. As soon as I applied it I felt a headach coming on :perplexed I have been sick lately so maybe it was that, or maybe it was the strong smell. I messaged, jumped in the shower (steam helps my headaches sometime) got out took some aleve and now Im fine. So we shall see. Hope It works and without headaches. Oh...and my head was really warm and tingly after applying. Anyone else?
Jassy I use the Walmart/Equate 2% brand directly from the tube...no headaches or tingling....Are you using 2% or 4% ?

braidout3-7Aa.jpg

Jassy, Isis - please keep us updated on the MN and how you are using it. I just ordered Boundless Tresses growth oil and will let you know how it turns out. :yep:

Please do let me now how it works for you. I have heard of some ladies mixing MN and BT. Is the BT pricey?

Jassy, Isis - please keep us updated on the MN and how you are using it. I just ordered Boundless Tresses growth oil and will let you know how it turns out. :yep:

Trimmed 2 inches on 03-07-08 (full moon)
2 months since my last relaxer
Switching my relaxer to Profectv Relaxer system (No-Lye) (haven't use it yet)

As of 03-07-08: I started using:
Aphogee Shampoo and Reconstruction conditioner. (once a week)
Profectv strengthener(the yellow stuff) from root to end,
then braided at night and wrapped in a satin scarf.
(applied 4 times a week)
Profectv root treatment (5 times a week, my scalp is like a sponge)

I'm going to blow out my hair tonight and take a picture of it, since I have nothing but time this weekend. I have about 2 inches of new growth since my last relaxer so I'll do my best and join the club hopefully if I'm not too late to join. I'm the biggest procrastinator ever! But learning from these forums I feel so grown up with my hair!:attention:

On April 6th (next full moon and my BIRTHDAY!!) I'll be applying my next relaxer. I decided on Profectv no lye mild perm. This is my first time using or even noticing this brand so I'm a bit nervous :nono:
Does anyone else use this brand?

On another note, I have fallen prey to the forum madness. Everytime I read a thread or something new I want to try it. My latest thing is that I am trying to find something that I like just as much as the OJON line, but less expensive.

I have been trying several different pre-poo oils and hydrating poo and cons, but I don't think I have come up with anything that I like as much as using all the items in the OJON line exclusively.

Last thing I tried last night was Walgreen's bioinfusion line. http://www.walgreens.com/search/search_results.jsp?_dyncharset=ASCII&term=olive+oil (scroll down page) Anyone tried this?

I used their shampoo, DC (sat under cap with heat 15 m), leave-in con and shine serum. I thought my hair was going to come out bouncin' and behavin'. It actually came out soft and fluffy, but there was NO shine and my hair was so dull and looked lifeless. :perplexed I had to bust out my coconut oil and Keracare High Sheen Glossifier to give me some shine this morning. I am also 8 weeks post, so not sure if that was a factor as well?

All in all, the products were OK (they are on sale this week, so I decided to splurge), but I used larger rollers for my blowout this time and I think I like slightly more curl to my hair. It did well enough for me to use the remainder of the products I bought. Either curled or completely straight is how I like my hair...to me, this in-between looks slightly grannyish...:ohwell:

Pics below...click to make them larger...

Attachments

• 100_4984 edit.JPG
    100_4984 edit.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
On another note, I have fallen prey to the forum madness. Everytime I read a thread or something new I want to try it. My latest thing is that I am trying to find something that I like just as much as the OJON line, but less expensive.

I have been trying several different pre-poo oils and hydrating poo and cons, but I don't think I have come up with anything that I like as much as using all the items in the OJON line exclusively.

Last thing I tried last night was Walgreen's bioinfusion line. http://www.walgreens.com/search/search_results.jsp?_dyncharset=ASCII&term=olive+oil (scroll down page) Anyone tried this?

I used their shampoo, DC (sat under cap with heat 15 m), leave-in con and shine serum. I thought my hair was going to come out bouncin' and behavin'. It actually came out soft and fluffy, but there was NO shine and my hair was so dull and looked lifeless. :perplexed I had to bust out my coconut oil and Keracare High Sheen Glossifier to give me some shine this morning. I am also 8 weeks post, so not sure if that was a factor as well?

All in all, the products were OK (they are on sale this week, so I decided to splurge), but I used larger rollers for my blowout this time and I think I like slightly more curl to my hair. It did well enough for me to use the remainder of the products I bought. Either curled or completely straight is how I like my hair...to me, this in-between looks slightly grannyish...:ohwell:

For 8 weeks post, I think your hair looks great FM. Once I get past 6 weeks, I can't get any decent kind of set (and it also doesn't help that I can't rollerset worth a cent). And I too tend to fall prey to the forum madness, but since I've put my budget on a diet, I'm keeping it simple these days. The only thing I really want to try is Boundless Tresses, and hopefully that should be soon. Other than that I'm going to stick to what I have and try to sort out my flaky scalp and dry hair. I need to get back with my vitamins, been slacking of late, but I want to do a liver cleanse first and start afresh. One of my friends is here this weekend so I'm going to ask her if she can help me put in the flexirods-cross your fingers!:ohwell:

FM, I think your hair looks great! Lots of body and shine :yep:. I know how you feel seaching for good products. I too like the Ojon line. I swear the the restorative hair treatment is the only reason I have any hair left on my hair at all. I also use the hydrating poo and cond. I have the hydrating styling cream, but it is not enough for me to use on its own, right now I am adding NTM to it. Still searching though :ohwell:. Have you tried the Christope line. I have been using the pure and natural shampoo. I dont know if its the line, or just that its sulfate free (this is the first one I have tried), but I like it alot. Maybe you can give this line a shot. You can find it at most drugstores.

Thanks, guys! I just feel like it feels different (and not in a way I particularly like). It's soft enough, but it just was kind of dull. I can't put my finger on quite what's not right about it, though as it looks decent enought to the naked eye...That Keracare High Sheen Glossifier and coconut oil hooked it right on up, though but that tends to weigh my hair down. After I pin curled it last night, it had shine to it today.

The OJON so far has worked on my hair like nothing else and people are always on the board talking about "it ain't nothing but palm oil" and "I can't believe folks pay that much for some palm oil" yada yada yada. :ohwell: Sometimes I read that stuff and feel like a fool for paying all that $$, so I try to look for other things, but nothing has worked on my hair like the OJON. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but the ladies on the board challenge you to try new and creative things and experiment to find what works for you. I may have just been lucky and found my ideal products early in my search? I need to just put my blinders on and work with what I know works for me and stop all this experimenting:nono:...this ish is a trap...:lachen:

Jassy, I will look for those products. Are they similar to OJON? Same type of results?

Okey Dokey. I had to wash those curls out last night because they were really aggravating me. My hair was getting tangled, so i stopped by Sally's to pick up this Stabilizer Plus another person said was good for detangling. So i got home and i prepooed with Cantu Shea Butter, and EVOO, and i diluted it with water, Thanks to God's Grace for telling me to use a conditioner. So i let that sit for about an hour. Then i proceeded to wash. While washing i had to make sure i was touching my own hair!!! It was so soft and silky under the water. I then used the Stabilizer, and let me tell u, i have fallen in love with it. I didn't even have to use conditioner. I just towel dried and applied my leave in. I blow dried and didn't even need to Flat iron, so i didn't. I am going to wait to post pictures since its getting close to the end of this month. But i am loving how my hair felt. I am loving this Stabilizer and i will do this routine every wash.

Okey Dokey. I had to wash those curls out last night because they were really aggravating me. My hair was getting tangled, so i stopped by Sally's to pick up this Stabilizer Plus another person said was good for detangling. So i got home and i prepooed with Cantu Shea Butter, and EVOO, and i diluted it with water, Thanks to God's Grace for telling me to use a conditioner. So i let that sit for about an hour. Then i proceeded to wash. While washing i had to make sure i was touching my own hair!!! It was so soft and silky under the water. I then used the Stabilizer, and let me tell u, i have fallen in love with it. I didn't even have to use conditioner. I just towel dried and applied my leave in. I blow dried and didn't even need to Flat iron, so i didn't. I am going to wait to post pictures since its getting close to the end of this month. But i am loving how my hair felt. I am loving this Stabilizer and i will do this routine every wash.

Who makes Stabilizer plus?

Hi everyone - I am back after a little hiatus. I have also fallen prey to the forum madness & I am trying to have some self-control. At this point, I am trying to use some things up before buying more. However, have you guys seen the ovation/mega-tek challenge thread? The ladies have me wanting to buy some eqyss mega-tek rebuilder. I actually almost checked out and then decided I would wait. All accounts seem to believe that it really works with thickness & growth. the challenge goes from March to June so I am trying to wait and see more results before purchasing. I tried the ojon hydrating shampoo & conditioner. It was fine but it wasn't earth shattering for me. I havent tried anything else in the ojon line though. I did try the bioinfusion moisturizing lotion & it makes my hair really soft and silky.

Hi everyone - I am back after a little hiatus. I have also fallen prey to the forum madness & I am trying to have some self-control. At this point, I am trying to use some things up before buying more. However, have you guys seen the ovation/mega-tek challenge thread? The ladies have me wanting to buy some eqyss mega-tek rebuilder. I actually almost checked out and then decided I would wait. All accounts seem to believe that it really works with thickness & growth. the challenge goes from March to June so I am trying to wait and see more results before purchasing. I tried the ojon hydrating shampoo & conditioner. It was fine but it wasn't earth shattering for me. I havent tried anything else in the ojon line though. I did try the bioinfusion moisturizing lotion & it makes my hair really soft and silky.

I saw that thread. I would have liked to join, but that stuff is expensive. I may try it out later. It does seem like it is good. And welcome back!!!:grin::grin:

I'm glad everything worked out okay with your hair Fiya, can't wait for the pics:grin:

FM, all I can say is everybody's hair is different, and what may have not worked for others might be heavenly for your hair, so I say continue to use it, at least you're getting your money's worth. I'm a reformed PJ, so I'm trying my bestest to keep my debit card on lockdown:lachen:

Unique, welcome to the board and jump in, I did a search for the Crown and Glory method and all I came up with was these threads, hope it helps

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html (the actual website)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=124849&highlight=Crown+Glory

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=115&highlight=Crown+Glory

Hey FM, I think you should stick with the Ojon line. It may not be working for others but as long as it is working for you, thats all that matters. The ojon line form what I see is doing quite well, so it must be working for others also. It is pricey but I think your hair is worth it. I know I know, your pocket doesnt want to hear that:nono:. Maybe you can balance it out by with some other products, and keep the ones that you absolutly love. As for the Christophe line, I wouldnt say that It is similar to the Ojon. But the shampoo that I used was free of sulfates parabens, fragrences and dye; which I really like. But really, your reggi is good, and your hair looks wonderful, so dont worry about prodects. You must be doing something right. :grin: HTH

Thanks, guys! I just feel like it feels different (and not in a way I particularly like). It's soft enough, but it just was kind of dull. I can't put my finger on quite what's not right about it, though as it looks decent enought to the naked eye...That Keracare High Sheen Glossifier and coconut oil hooked it right on up, though but that tends to weigh my hair down. After I pin curled it last night, it had shine to it today.

The OJON so far has worked on my hair like nothing else and people are always on the board talking about "it ain't nothing but palm oil" and "I can't believe folks pay that much for some palm oil" yada yada yada. :ohwell: Sometimes I read that stuff and feel like a fool for paying all that $$, so I try to look for other things, but nothing has worked on my hair like the OJON. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but the ladies on the board challenge you to try new and creative things and experiment to find what works for you. I may have just been lucky and found my ideal products early in my search? I need to just put my blinders on and work with what I know works for me and stop all this experimenting:nono:...this ish is a trap...:lachen:

Jassy, I will look for those products. Are they similar to OJON? Same type of results?

Hi Ladies,
Happy Easter. Just giving you guys an update, I still have the braids although they are looking pretty bad but I won't take them off unti it's been a month. I have just been co-washing, applying leave-in, applying sulfur mix to scalp and sealing with coconut and castor oil. I apply sulfur mixture every other day to my scalp.

Fiya,

I used about 1/2c Stabilizer Plus mixed w/1 c Elasta QP Intense on my DD'S (4a- 4b) natural hair after prepoo & clarifying ( I know I know :perplexed I fell asleep). But her hair was so soft & moisturized. Not a tangle to be found !!!!That comb went through her hair like butta. Go figure her regi is just falling in place and I'm buying & trying er'thang.

Fiya,

I used about 1/2c Stabilizer Plus mixed w/1 c Elasta QP Intense on my DD'S (4a- 4b) natural hair after prepoo & clarifying ( I know I know :perplexed I fell asleep). But her hair was so soft & moisturized. Not a tangle to be found !!!!That comb went through her hair like butta. Go figure her regi is just falling in place and I'm buying & trying er'thang.

:grin: I'm so glad that worked for u. I really love that stuff. My mom used it and she said she had less tangles. I applied it to my sister's natural, thick, APL hair yesterday and i have never had an easier time detangling it. I was gonna post pics but with my luck i left my cam at home, so i'll post those when i post mine. But the Stabilizer is definitely a keeper for me.

:grin: I'm so glad that worked for u. I really love that stuff. My mom used it and she said she had less tangles. I applied it to my sister's natural, thick, APL hair yesterday and i have never had an easier time detangling it. I was gonna post pics but with my luck i left my cam at home, so i'll post those when i post mine. But the Stabilizer is definitely a keeper for me.

Girl I should get Mommy demerits for this :spank:....but I was just using it up. I bought that Stabilizer Plus over 5 years ago. Some shelf life huh.:lachen:

Girl I should get Mommy demerits for this :spank:....but I was just using it up. I bought that Stabilizer Plus over 5 years ago. Some shelf life huh.:lachen:

:lachen:lol, don't feel bad. I've had products i waited so long to use and when i finally did, i fell in love. I'm just glad i found out about it because i tend to lose quite a bit when i detangle. And it made my roots just as straight as they wanted to be too,lol.

Back