Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Awwwwwww, thanks ladies, y'all makin me feel all special and whatnot:Blush2:

Fiya, I love braidouts cause it's one of the few things I do know how to do (unlike rollersets:lachen:)

Jassy believe it or not, that was my first time using the Ion Hard Water Shampoo, I got it because I couldn't get my hands on Redken Cleansing Cream. The good news is my hair didn't feel dried out by it, but as its the first time, the jury's still out on that one. And it's affordable. So for now I'll keep using it every wash (which is once a week) to prevent buildup on my hair and see how it goes.

Thanks all so much, I think next time I'll just do four, my fingers turned to prunes by the time I was done!

:lachen:u sound like me. I can't do rollersets either. but i am gonna try a braidout this weekend. Once again, gorgeous hair girl.

I wish I found this post months ago! I'm a newbie and I really feel out of place with them experienced oldies who got their regimen on point. I'm finished my 3month stretch and considering going longer.... but I miss the shine and the flow. I think what I need to do is let my hair dresser know I don't want bone straight hair. My hair is way to fine to be soo bone straight. Any other fine haired ladies in here? Pr33ty what'd u do to get that much growth? I got my last relaxer like the day before urs and bout to get another one tomorrow but I'm sure it aint grow that much... tell me ur secrets:yep:

I wish I found this post months ago! I'm a newbie and I really feel out of place with them experienced oldies who got their regimen on point. I'm finished my 3month stretch and considering going longer.... but I miss the shine and the flow. I think what I need to do is let my hair dresser know I don't want bone straight hair. My hair is way to fine to be soo bone straight. Any other fine haired ladies in here? Pr33ty what'd u do to get that much growth? I got my last relaxer like the day before urs and bout to get another one tomorrow but I'm sure it aint grow that much... tell me ur secrets:yep:

Everything I did was new so maybe thats why. I didnt use heat at all
I DC'd every wash and I tried co washing 2 times per week when I had NG
I started being gentle with my fine hair and air dry when i co washed. I also kept my hair up and started sleeping with something on my head everynight. I didnt relax at 4 weeks as I use to b4 instead I think I did 12 weeks or 11. I also used lots of moisture thats it.

I also think Im using the right products for my hair type thats a big plus bc my hair was sooo thin and even thats getting better. HTH

I made my sulfur mix, but I accidentally used too much sulfur so later on today I will attempt to do it agan and hopefully this time its better.

Thanks so much Cindy and MsHottie(I must be doing something right then:grin:)
MsHottie, I am relaxed, I might go natural at some point, but I want to know what I'm doing and how to take care of it properly, but right now I'm just trying to take care of the hair I have now. My other main goal is to try to regrow my edges cause they are not happy campers due to all my years braiding, but one day:yep:

On another note, how do you ladies keep your hair moisturized throughout the day, as in a daily moisturizer, because I find that is one of my biggest problems, the air just sucks all the moisture out of my hair and it ends up feelin like a Kit Kat, just crunchy!:wallbash:

On another note, how do you ladies keep your hair moisturized throughout the day, as in a daily moisturizer, because I find that is one of my biggest problems, the air just sucks all the moisture out of my hair and it ends up feelin like a Kit Kat, just crunchy!:wallbash:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I am cracking up over here...kit kat...whew...I don't use a daily moisturizer, but since I have started pre-pooing with natural oils and butters, my hair has had more luster and is a little softer. I use coconut oil and OJON Restorative treatment, which had a lot of palm oil in it. My hair likes both of those. Have you tired Mizani Rose H20 cream or their intensive night treatment cream before. I think both have mineral oil, but the rose water was a lightweight creme if I remember correctly.

Okay, so I washed my hair on Saturday with Ion Shampoo for Hard water and Neutrogena T-Gel. Used Motions CPR (love this stuff) and deep conditioned with Dark and Lovely Cholesterol with some EVOO added in. Then I did a braidout using KeraCare leave-in and ORS foam wrap lotion (I hate it for rollersets, but its great for braidouts) Now let's see if these pics work:
15-03-08_1.jpg

100_0880.jpg

100_0879.jpg

100_0877.jpg

100_0881.jpg

I usually do four big braids, but I did them smaller this time, didn't come out exactly the way I wanted, but they'll do

Girl, it looks like fake hair! Like some YAKY weave! :lachen::lachen: You did a real good job!!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:my stomach hurts laughing about that kit kat. honestly my hair is lacking moisture too ( think Im calling it quits with no lye :nono:
) so I'll be taking notes on this one.

Last edited:

:reddancer::reddancer::reddancer:Welcome:reddancer::reddancer::reddancer:

braidout3-7Aa.jpg

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:my stomach hurts laughing about that kit kat. honestly my hair is lacking moisture too ( think Im calling it quits with no lye :nono:
) so I'll be taking notes on this one.

I'm with you and God's Grace. I don't think i have a true moisturizer in my regi yet. And with my hair being so thick and dry, i definitely need one.

Welcome:wave:

Does anyone now how to make the switch from no lye to lye? I think my dry hair is a result of the no lye relaxer. Oh...and I dont think phyto is for me. My hair has never been so dry.

Also, I braided my hair last night, check out the pics in my fotki. I plan on keeping my hair like this at least 2 weeks out of the month. Let me now what ya think.:grin:

Does anyone now how to make the switch from no lye to lye? I think my dry hair is a result of the no lye relaxer. Oh...and I dont think phyto is for me. My hair has never been so dry.

Also, I braided my hair last night, check out the pics in my fotki. I plan on keeping my hair like this at least 2 weeks out of the month. Let me now what ya think.:grin:

I like the braids... Did u do them by ur self? I was thinking of braiding my hair also but my hair is very thin and Im actually seeing a lil thickness since Ive been taking care of my hair. Also a lot of ladies said they got thinner ends from braiding so Im a lil scared. I do like ur braids thou and ur hair is pretty thick so u have nothing 2 worry about

Thanks...I did do them myself. I use to have a problem with thin hair, mostly ends due to relaxing. but now that I chopped most of it off its not a problem. However, my hair has never been able to handle very small micros, they pull and break my hair off. The larger size does not last as long but, they work better for me.

I like the braids... Did u do them by ur self? I was thinking of braiding my hair also but my hair is very thin and Im actually seeing a lil thickness since Ive been taking care of my hair. Also a lot of ladies said they got thinner ends from braiding so Im a lil scared. I do like ur braids thou and ur hair is pretty thick so u have nothing 2 worry about

Hello all,

Is it too late to join this? Today is my first day here, and I could use some extra help growing. I am a 4a, el, and thin.

ORS olive oil moisturizer always does it for me.

I love ORS Olive oil creamy lotion...or whatever it's called. It's great!

Ok ladies I washed tonight bc I didnt over the weekend and my DH was not home to take pics 4 me so I tried 2 do it myself. the pics are not great but u get the point. I air dry and my hair is sooo much thicker than when I started omg its unreal to me. The pic is dull but u can see that my hair got a lil thickness I hope. I can see the difference wet and dry so I posted both. Just look at my starting pics I cant believe it

march1708047-1-1.jpg

31708009-1.jpg

lol I love ORS carrot oil in the jar, or Hollwood Beauty Oil Creme they work wonders for my hair!

Much thicker, Very nice! Oh...dumb question, but what is DH. Iv been trying to figure this out for awhile now. :perplexed

Ok ladies I washed tonight bc I didnt over the weekend and my DH was not home to take pics 4 me so I tried 2 do it myself. the pics are not great but u get the point. I air dry and my hair is sooo much thicker than when I started omg its unreal to me. The pic is dull but u can see that my hair got a lil thickness I hope. I can see the difference wet and dry so I posted both. Just look at my starting pics I cant believe it

march1708047-1-1.jpg

31708009-1.jpg

I think I missed the post before, thanks Fiya.

Well, i mix more oil than MN and mine is both really. Its not too creamy but its not too oily, it was more of a thick liquid. I put about 2:1 Oil and MN. And I haven't had any headaches. I think the key to not having headaches is to massage the MN in. Do a good scalp massage and that really helps. The most I got was a little dryness, but once i added more oil, that problem went away. But just mix it until you get it how you like. And now is a great time since you recently relaxed, that way when its relax time again, you'll be able to know exactly how much growth you got. But I would test it out first and if its okay, then apply all over.

Hey ladies, first off I must apologize, I can't access this forum at work, so I have to wait till I get home, so forgive me if this is kinda late.

You know I just finished typing a post and before I could press enter, the daggone computer shutdown:wallbash:, so this is round 2 really!

Thank you for all the suggestions ladies, I went looking for the ORS olive oil lotion, went to some stores I know sold it, they were all out. Went to the Sally's, the girl that worked there looked at me like I was Sirleena from MIB, made me want to neuralize myself to forget I asked!

Pr3tty, your hair definitely looks thicker, you know you gots to share the details right?:grin:

Jassy, girl you have some skills, your braids are gorgeous! Just like a professional, so neat and glossy too! Can I borrow your hands for a few weeks, I'll bring them back, promise! :lachen:(Yeah I know I'm a ham)

Let me end this post before this computer acts up again, thanks again for the suggestions!:yep:

Oh, and big welcome to Tycoles!:dance7:

Girl, it looks like fake hair! Like some YAKY weave! :lachen::lachen: You did a real good job!!!!

Speakin of which, just a little reminder for those who take public transport (bus, train, subway etc) NEVER sit in front of a child less than 5 years old with something shiny in your hair or with a ponytail. I did that the other day and ole girl decided she had to grab it and she sure did, and that sucker hurt! Now of course I couldn't go off on a one year old, bless her heart, but I did give her daddy "the look" cause he thought it was funny. Mister I am not Toys R Us!

Just a little FYI!

Okay. Well, these pics are from today. I got my hair set Friday. I wanted to wait to post pics Friday after i washed these curls out, but i took them anyway. They are a little blurry, since i suck at self photos.:yep:

2pph24n.jpg

2vb5z12.jpg

I got an inch cut off just about so i'll see what it looks like straight Friday.

Speakin of which, just a little reminder for those who take public transport (bus, train, subway etc) NEVER sit in front of a child less than 5 years old with something shiny in your hair or with a ponytail. I did that the other day and ole girl decided she had to grab it and she sure did, and that sucker hurt! Now of course I couldn't go off on a one year old, bless her heart, but I did give her daddy "the look" cause he thought it was funny. Mister I am not Toys R Us!

Just a little FYI!

:lachen::lachen:that was funny,lol.

Okay. Well, these pics are from today. I got my hair set Friday. I wanted to wait to post pics Friday after i washed these curls out, but i took them anyway. They are a little blurry, since i suck at self photos.:yep:

I got an inch cut off just about so i'll see what it looks like straight Friday.

Wow, I need for you all to come do my hair, did you set that yourself Fiya? It came out beautiful, what kind of rollers did you use? And I'm loving the streaks too (those are streaks of colour I see right:look:) I likeeeeee a lot, now spill-products used, tools used, drying time, the works:yep:

2pph24n.jpg

2vb5z12.jpg

Girl, your curls came out the Bomb!!! :yep: PUH-LEAZE tell me you didn't set them with those doggone curlformers... [that everyone has and that I really want, but refuse to buy bc I have oh-so many products already here at home and can't afford to try something else, especially something that costs like over $50 to try that I think I can duplicate with the gabillions of flexi rods in various sizes that I already own...(pant) (pant)... ] ...'cause it may just push me over the edge and out the door to Sally's :perplexed

Jassy, your braids are SOOOOOOO pretty!!! I love them on you!:yep:

Pr3tty, girl, you ROCKIN' IT OUT!!! :grin: Your hair is really thickening up!!!!!!! You better work!!

Back