Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

So ladies I know I said I was gonna wear my hair (my own hair with no weave) down and out (outside for ppl to see) for the first time in over 5 years on my Birthday. Well my Birthday is tomorrow and I am scared 2 death. I want to sooo bad but I dont know. I keep on trying to see what look will fit my face best and still make my hair look like it has some body this is sooo hard....

I guess ima do it......:ohwell: well I hope I do it

Thanks pr3tty, I think I am going to keep my hair braided for a while and then do a corrective.
As for you B-Day hair do, what about a braid or twist out. That would look really nice, and give you lots of fullness. You could do smaller or larger braid depending on what type of wave pattern you want.

Just in case I dont catch you tomorrow, :present: Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

So ladies I know I said I was gonna wear my hair (my own hair with no weave) down and out (outside for ppl to see) for the first time in over 5 years on my Birthday. Well my Birthday is tomorrow and I am scared 2 death. I want to sooo bad but I dont know. I keep on trying to see what look will fit my face best and still make my hair look like it has some body this is sooo hard....

I agree with Jassy about the braidout, or a nice rollerset will give you some good fullness. Girl, be proud of your hair. It looks great!!!:yep::yep:

Ladies i'm getting a little discouraged. The sad thing is I know that my hair grows at a snails pace so why am I tripping? I guess from looking at everyone else's progress makes me want to have 6 inches of new growth in 3 weeks. :lachen: OK I just needed to vent/whine a little.

My reggie has been pretty much the same. Washing twice a week, mn mixture daily, mutli-vitamin & alta silica .

Grow long & strong ladies!

I agree with Jassy about the braidout, or a nice rollerset will give you some good fullness. Girl, be proud of your hair. It looks great!!!:yep::yep:

Thanks Fiya.... I shouldve roller set but I was too lazy Im gonna wash late friday bc Im going out on saturday so I might roller set then

Thanks pr3tty, I think I am going to keep my hair braided for a while and then do a corrective.
As for you B-Day hair do, what about a braid or twist out. That would look really nice, and give you lots of fullness. You could do smaller or larger braid depending on what type of wave pattern you want.

Just in case I dont catch you tomorrow, :present: Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

Thanx Jassy....

Im not that good at braid or twist out but then again Ive only tried it 11 weeks post so it might look better now I think ill try this on sunday for work on Monday just in case

Ladies i'm getting a little discouraged. The sad thing is I know that my hair grows at a snails pace so why am I tripping? I guess from looking at everyone else's progress makes me want to have 6 inches of new growth in 3 weeks. :lachen: OK I just needed to vent/whine a little.

My reggie has been pretty much the same. Washing twice a week, mn mixture daily, mutli-vitamin & alta silica .

Girl ur hair is so nice and thick so plz stop tripping:spinning:

Still accepting newbies? :look: I just barely joined this site maybe 2 weeks ago and I love it!. My hair is a 4b or c (if there is even a "C" lol) and I'd say neck length, not really SL but it is thick. I was last relaxed on 01/26/08 and I am seriously considering texlaxing. I already have some pics on my fotki (pw and info should show in my posts and siggy, I think).

I kinda have a routine right now. Every week I give myself a scalp scrub with ORS scalp scrub, then wash w/their creamy olive oil poo, then I DC with hair mayo and moisturize with their creamy hair lotion. Once a month or as needed, I have began doing protein treatments. I use Aphogee 2 step trtmt.

I haven't been putting heat on my hair and I cowash 3x/wk with Garnier Fructis permed and color treated cond. I let my hair air dry. I usually wear wigs and phony ponies. Sometimes I wrap or roller set my hair.

I take prental vit, another vit for hair, biotin (1000), and super B complex.

I am going to start using Nexxus biotin creme when I get the order I got from eBay and I also ordered OCT. My goal is to get APL, hopefully within a year. I used to be about that length as a child. :drunk:

Still accepting newbies? :look: I just barely joined this site maybe 2 weeks ago and I love it!. My hair is a 4b or c (if there is even a "C" lol) and I'd say neck length, not really SL but it is thick. I was last relaxed on 01/26/08 and I am seriously considering texlaxing. I already have some pics on my fotki (pw and info should show in my posts and siggy, I think).

I kinda have a routine right now. Every week I give myself a scalp scrub with ORS scalp scrub, then wash w/their creamy olive oil poo, then I DC with hair mayo and moisturize with their creamy hair lotion. Once a month or as needed, I have began doing protein treatments. I use Aphogee 2 step trtmt.

I haven't been putting heat on my hair and I cowash 3x/wk with Garnier Fructis permed and color treated cond. I let my hair air dry. I usually wear wigs and phony ponies. Sometimes I wrap or roller set my hair.

I am going to start using Nexxus biotin creme when I get the order I got from eBay and I also ordered OCT. My goal is to get APL, hopefully within a year. I used to be about that length as a child. :drunk:

Welcome happy 2 have u

I definitely understand. as a new member, i thought i was gonna grow so quick. I have learned that it takes some time and patience and you really knowing what your hair needs. And I use MN too. I'm loving the growth i get from it.

Welcome!!!!!! also, a question about the prenatal vitamins, i've been thinking about starting those. Do you like the results that you've been getting from them?

Welcome!!!!!! also, a question about the prenatal vitamins, i've been thinking about starting those. Do you like the results that you've been getting from them?

I did when I was concurrently treating my hair good as well. Then I slacked off. So now it's kinda like a new beginning for me. But I think you should take them. and biotin, too. I heard that it's excellent for hair growth.

Welcome mshottienelson. Man you have a serious reggie together. :grin: im still trying to work things out.

thx pr3tty. you're right i'm tripping. it will come. in all fairness i did say i was acting like a :babyb: LOL!

fiya'slovechild - how long have you been using the mn mixture & how much new growth have you noticed?

Welcome mshottienelson. Man you have a serious reggie together. :grin: im still trying to work things out.

thx pr3tty. you're right i'm tripping. it will come. in all fairness i did say i was acting like a :babyb: LOL!

fiya'slovechild - how long have you been using the mn mixture & how much new growth have you noticed?

I've been using MN since the beginning of February, and i have gotten about 1/2 to 1 full inch. i haven't been using it every day like i should, but maybe 3 times a week. I think that with everyday use, I could have gotten more. I mix mine with this Gro Aut oil that one of the members sells on here and i apply it with a spritz bottle. So i will continue and try to increase to everyday use.

I've been using MN since the beginning of February, and i have gotten about 1/2 to 1 full inch. i haven't been using it every day like i should, but maybe 3 times a week. I think that with everyday use, I could have gotten more. I mix mine with this Gro Aut oil that one of the members sells on here and i apply it with a spritz bottle. So i will continue and try to increase to everyday use.

Thanks. i guess I need to give it some more time. I have been going on 3 weeks now w/the mn mix and I'm experiencing less new growth than usuall but have noticed less shedding.

DAAAAAAAAAnnnnnggg gurl u are def. not alone! :nono:.. I would join if its not too late but i think my hair type is 4a/b/3c. Im not sure but im a figure that out. I just know what seems to work for my hair. I'm not sure If i could do monthly updates but i'll try my hardest because, like you, im determined to have the best hair that God and myself could bless me with.

Last edited:

Happy Birthday pr3tty!!!! I don't know how to do all the fancy stuff but I hope that you are enjoying your day. There seems to be alot of birthdays around this time, mines was on Wednesday and I had a blast!!!!!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!:party::bday5::present: And don't worry, whatever you decide your gonna LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Pealfection, I know just how you feel, I have been feeling the same way lately. Is weird, before LHCF, I had the same issues I am having know and didnt stress as much. I expected periods of growth and breakage, and would just deal with it. Know that I know so much, I expect alot more. i think it is important to be patient and not try too much at once. And it seems like you are doing that. Your hair is beautiful and healthy, embrace what you have, and the lenght will come. :grin:

For you ladies that are using MN:
How often do you use it?
What do you mix it with?
Are you washing more aften, to remove it?
Can I use this while my hair is braided?

I know there are threads for this but the search was not working? TIA

Wow Jassy, I just took a look at your post Phyto pics, and I don't think it came out half bad, at least you made your hair look good. But I think waiting a few weeks to do a corrective is a good idea. I'm still gonna try the Phyto and see how it comes out and if it burns me, if so it might just be a keeper. BTW, I must compliment you on your skin, it's absolutely perfect, wish mine could look like that!:spinning:

Ok, God willing, this is my regimen this weekend,

Hot oil treatment with EVOO, teatree and rosemary oil
Wash with ORS Uplifting Shampoo, then Neutrogena T-Gel
Do a light protein treatment with Motions CPR
Deep Condition with Le Kair, or do a mix of old conditioners that I'm trying to get rid of
Use Kera Care Leave-In
Do a braidout and sit under dryer for 45 min or so and airdry rest of time

I want to do a heavy protein soon because my hair feels really mushy and limp and doesn't have much elasticity. I also need some S-Curl because even though I'm only 4 weeks post, my NG is trippin. It is wookin pa nub city up there:lachen:So hopefully I don't end up doing this:pullhair:by the time I'm done!

For you ladies that are using MN:
How often do you use it?
What do you mix it with?
Are you washing more aften, to remove it?
Can I use this while my hair is braided?

I know there are threads for this but the search was not working? TIA

Well, i've been using MN for about a month and a half now and i will continue. I was mixing it with Carrot Oil, but i now mix it with This Gro Aut oil that i purchased from a member on here. But u can mix it with any oils.

And i wash only once a week. I think if you wash it a lot it defeats the purpose of using MN, because u're washing it out before it starts to work. I would also do a really good scalp massage after i apply it to work it in. thats helps a lot. I know the main use of MN is to get rid of bacteria in hair that blocks the hair from growing. I also used it before my last relaxer and it did not burn. But thats my experience with it.

ETA : When I started, i wasn't using it as much, maybe 3 times a week. but now i use it 4-5 days out of the week. i plan to start daily use after i get my relaxer.

Thanks GodsGrace, for the compliment :blush:. Im nervous and excited for my consultation tomorrow, I am so self conscious about my hair, hope it goes ok. But, I think the rollerset is going to be my best friend, Its about all I can do with out using heat.
Also, you reggie looks really good, let me know how the braid out turn out. I want to try it but Im waiting until I get some more length. I started using s-curl the last 2 weeks of my stretch and I loved it. That stuff works wonders on newgrow!

Wow Jassy, I just took a look at your post Phyto pics, and I don't think it came out half bad, at least you made your hair look good. But I think waiting a few weeks to do a corrective is a good idea. I'm still gonna try the Phyto and see how it comes out and if it burns me, if so it might just be a keeper. BTW, I must compliment you on your skin, it's absolutely perfect, wish mine could look like that!:spinning:

Thanks Fiya, I think I am going to add this to my reggie, I really wanna get growing :grin:! How much oil do you add, is the consistency creamy or more oily? Also, I have heard of people getting headaches, have you experienced this? TIA

Well, i've been using MN for about a month and a half now and i will continue. I was mixing it with Carrot Oil, but i now mix it with This Gro Aut oil that i purchased from a member on here. But u can mix it with any oils.

And i wash only once a week. I think if you wash it a lot it defeats the purpose of using MN, because u're washing it out before it starts to work. I would also do a really good scalp massage after i apply it to work it in. thats helps a lot. I know the main use of MN is to get rid of bacteria in hair that blocks the hair from growing. I also used it before my last relaxer and it did not burn. But thats my experience with it.

ETA : When I started, i wasn't using it as much, maybe 3 times a week. but now i use it 4-5 days out of the week. i plan to start daily use after i get my relaxer.

So I wore my hair out today for my Bday

It was straight and plain but thats how I wanted it....

Thanx ladies for all the support

oh yea plz excuse the body fat

birthdayhair011-2.jpg

Girl, What body fat are you talking about!?:perplexed I think you hair looks very pretty.
Happy Birthday Pr3tty!
:dance7:

So I wore my hair out today for my Bday

It was straight and plain but thats how I wanted it....

Thanx ladies for all the support

oh yea plz excuse the body fat

birthdayhair011-2.jpg

Hi Pealfection, I know just how you feel, I have been feeling the same way lately. Is weird, before LHCF, I had the same issues I am having know and didnt stress as much. I expected periods of growth and breakage, and would just deal with it. Know that I know so much, I expect alot more. i think it is important to be patient and not try too much at once. And it seems like you are doing that. Your hair is beautiful and healthy, embrace what you have, and the lenght will come. :grin:
Thanks Jassy.

Back