Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

I started out using Pantene Relaxed and Natural shampoo and conditioner. I was using kinky curly products, then I had extensions(micro) for 2months. After I took them out I noticed that my hair was extremely dry. Then I started using Black and Beautiful Organic Tea Tree shampoo and conditoner with menthol, vit E, and Keratin. These made my scalp feel like it was on fire. So now I started using Aubrey Organics Island Naturals shampoo and conditoner, Aubrey Organics GBP Conditoner, I didn't have a leave-in yet still looking. I use to clarify everytime I washed, I think that this contibuted to the dryness. Now I also prepoo with castor oil and conditioner. I don't know what to do anymore. Nothing seems to be working. Sorry for the long rundown .:sad:
you really need a moisturizing leave in...check out sistaslick for recommendations...Have you tried elasta QP? It's on sale at Rite Aid this week for $4.99.:yep:

So as you all know we have 2 Newbie Challenges....

This is the original challenge and this is the place to start

All the ladies in the newbie Pt2 all started here and made this thread what it is today so I would like to say Thank You to them for helping to build this lil room (As I look at it) for others to start and feel welcome....

Another MAJOR reason we started the Newbie Pt2 was bc we had sooo many ladies saying their in and never coming back.... So with that said

Here is the new list of the ladies I feel are new to this challenge and taking it seriously and are on their way to the Newbie Pt2 very soon

Keep it up ladies:

SJ11987
TLSTACY
JASSY28
MISSTICAL
CINDYL
CALENT28
PEARLFECTION
GRACEFUL89
BRG240
ALWAYSWEARJOY
ISISALISA
SUMMER74

Keep posting, answering the question of the week and posting update pics and lets grow

This list is just the ladies who have a pic and regimen... If ur name is not on the list it does not mean ur not welcome im just trying to keep a look out 4 these ladies that have it 2gether so far but like I said b4 All are welcome

Last edited:
you really need a moisturizing leave in...check out sistaslick for recommendations...Have you tried elasta QP? It's on sale at Rite Aid this week for $4.99.:yep:

I have not tried elasta QP, I don't have a Rite Aid in my area. I saw it at Sally's. Is there a specific kind that I need to get? Thanks again for all your help.

Hello Ladies!

I'm a newbie and I want it!:grin: As I am writing this I am sitting under the dryer doing a cholestrol treatment. My hair is extremely dry and I am trying to correct this problem; hopefully, this cholestrol treatment will work. I have been co-washing every other day with VO5. I was with CON every sunday and use Aussie 3 minute miracle. I use Salerm 21 or Lacio Lacio as a daily moisutrizer and I seal with EVOO. I drink 1/2 a gallon of water a day. (I am trying to up that to 1 gallon.) I take a vareity pack of vitamins called Nature's Code and 3 Fish oil pills dailys. My hair is currently collarbone length in the front and shoulder lenght in the back. I am trying to grow in to full SL by May/June and APL by December.

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Good Luck to ALL!

Hello Ladies!

I'm a newbie and I want it!:grin: As I am writing this I am sitting under the dryer doing a cholestrol treatment. My hair is extremely dry and I am trying to correct this problem; hopefully, this cholestrol treatment will work. I have been co-washing every other day with VO5. I was with CON every sunday and use Aussie 3 minute miracle. I use Salerm 21 or Lacio Lacio as a daily moisutrizer and I seal with EVOO. I drink 1/2 a gallon of water a day. (I am trying to up that to 1 gallon.) I take a vareity pack of vitamins called Nature's Code and 3 Fish oil pills dailys. My hair is currently collarbone length in the front and shoulder lenght in the back. I am trying to grow in to full SL by May/June and APL by December.

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Good Luck to ALL!

Welcome and I wish I could drink so much water....

OK - I purchased Gennifer Miller's (Macherieamoure) roller setting dvd - healthytextures.com. I havent tried it yet but I cant imagine her techniques not working. Hopefully, my Pibbs will get here soon and I can try it out. One other thing, I am having the hardest time with this whole Monistat on the hair thing. Obviously, a lot of people have tried it and it seems to work for them but I don't know if I can do it. :wallbash: I need something for my nape.

OK - I purchased Gennifer Miller's (Macherieamoure) roller setting dvd - healthytextures.com. I havent tried it yet but I cant imagine her techniques not working. Hopefully, my Pibbs will get here soon and I can try it out. One other thing, I am having the hardest time with this whole Monistat on the hair thing. Obviously, a lot of people have tried it and it seems to work for them but I don't know if I can do it. :wallbash: I need something for my nape.

Well, what seems to be the problem? Is it applying? or are u having side effects from it?

Well, what seems to be the problem? Is it applying? or are u having side effects from it?

Fiya'slovechild, I am feeling the same way about the monistat. I want to try it but i am afraid of the side effects, also the idea is still a little odd to me, but hey what do I know. Do you use MN, if so do you mix it with anything. It seems that many of the people how mix with something dont have the side effects. TIA

Fiya'slovechild, I am feeling the same way about the monistat. I want to try it but i am afraid of the side effects, also the idea is still a little odd to me, but hey what do I know. Do you use MN, if so do you mix it with anything. It seems that many of the people how mix with something dont have the side effects. TIA

I use it on and off. I'm not steady with it for the fact that my scalp was getting really dry when i apply. I get amazing new growth though. I think the trick is to add more stuff to the MN. At first, i added just Carrot Oil to it, but now I have added Olive Oil and the dryness left some. And i'm gonna see what rosemary oil being added will do. But i think the more oils u add, the better off u'll be. But u can't just apply it alone or you will probably have headaches.

I use it on and off. I'm not steady with it for the fact that my scalp was getting really dry when i apply. I get amazing new growth though. I think the trick is to add more stuff to the MN. At first, i added just Carrot Oil to it, but now I have added Olive Oil and the dryness left some. And i'm gonna see what rosemary oil being added will do. But i think the more oils u add, the better off u'll be. But u can't just apply it alone or you will probably have headaches.

Well, my problem 1st is that it is Monistat & my scalp is always dry and I have been scared that it is going to make my itching worse. I might try it and add some stuff to it like you suggest. My biggest problem is trying to talk myself into putting Monistat on my head.

Hey everyone!

I have a question. I've been having issues with my sisters hair breakage, as you all may know, well I washed last wednesday and did the Aphogee 2-min re constructor, which didn't seem to work. I'm wondering if I can wash today and do the full protein Aphogee treatment? Will it be too soon to use today?

Well, my problem 1st is that it is Monistat & my scalp is always dry and I have been scared that it is going to make my itching worse. I might try it and add some stuff to it like you suggest. My biggest problem is trying to talk myself into putting Monistat on my head.

If you want to try it, i suggest u just apply it to one small part of your hair before applying it all over. Like I applied it to my nape, its not visible, so if something had went wrong, then i would be able to cover that up. But it worked well for me, minus the dryness at first. But just choose a section and try that for about a week or two and see what happens.

Hey everyone!

I have a question. I've been having issues with my sisters hair breakage, as you all may know, well I washed last wednesday and did the Aphogee 2-min re constructor, which didn't seem to work. I'm wondering if I can wash today and do the full protein Aphogee treatment? Will it be too soon to use today?

I would try it again but do a DC with moisture after

I started out using Pantene Relaxed and Natural shampoo and conditioner. I was using kinky curly products, then I had extensions(micro) for 2months. After I took them out I noticed that my hair was extremely dry. Then I started using Black and Beautiful Organic Tea Tree shampoo and conditoner with menthol, vit E, and Keratin. These made my scalp feel like it was on fire. So now I started using Aubrey Organics Island Naturals shampoo and conditoner, Aubrey Organics GBP Conditoner, I didn't have a leave-in yet still looking. I use to clarify everytime I washed, I think that this contibuted to the dryness. Now I also prepoo with castor oil and conditioner. I don't know what to do anymore. Nothing seems to be working. Sorry for the long rundown .:sad:

Ok, you need some moisture, IMHA (in my HUMBLE opinion). I would suggest pre-pooing with either palm oil or coconut oil and leave overnight. I currently use OJON Restorative to pre-poo at least once a week, which is like a modified palm oil + natural extracts, and over the course of a month, my hair was getting SO much moisture back. I am relaxed, but I still think this will help you. I also use Vatika coconut oil which works well for me and my family's hair. STOP THE CLARIFYING!!!:nono: Once you pre-poo, try co-washing with a good conditioner. Try one that's silicone free. You need that to smooth your cuticle. Or, if you just feel you need to clarify or shampoo, try 1 tablespoon baking soda in a cup of hot water or with one tablespoon lemon juice in the dose of conditioner or use a very mild/moisturizing shampoo no more than 1x per week. I don't think you need a shampoo with any strong cleansing or clarifying abilities. Also, when I was natural, I used to spritz my hair with plain distilled water in a spray bottle daily (1 or 2x) to add moisture back into my hair. HTH!

Cinda2503, I think the palm/coconut oil pre-poo could help you, too. It definitely did me...

Last edited:

Let me know how you like the video, I might have to pick it up. I have been roller setting weekly. I am getting better but I still need some work (not to mention how long it takes me and how bad my arms hurt :nono:).

Thanks I think I am going to give it a try. I got a applicator bottle to make the app. easier and prevent getting it into my hair. Also, should you increase washing/ co washing when using MN?

:giggle: Feeling the same way. but maybe if you put more of the oils in you (myself as well) will feel better about it. From what I hear the ingredients in MN are in some hair products so if you mix it with stuff its like making you own hair product. This is what Im going to keep telling myself. :grin:

Finding Me, and any others that are interested in Ojon products, QVC is having a show at 1am. If you are up that late you may wont to check it out. The restorative treatment is great. If you are not up that late check out QVC.com. Because of of lead day all items on air and online are on 4 easy pays. This is great if you really wont to stock up and dont want to break the bank!
BTW, It is 1am est. time

Ok, you need some moisture, IMHA (in my HUMBLE opinion). I would suggest pre-pooing with either palm oil or coconut oil and leave overnight. I currently use OJON Restorative to pre-poo at least once a week, which is like a modified palm oil + natural extracts, and over the course of a month, my hair was getting SO much moisture back. I am relaxed, but I still think this will help you. I also use Vatika coconut oil which works well for me and my family's hair. STOP THE CLARIFYING!!!:nono: Once you pre-poo, try co-washing with a good conditioner. Try one that's silicone free. You need that to smooth your cuticle. Or, if you just feel you need to clarify or shampoo, try 1 tablespoon baking soda in a cup of hot water or with one tablespoon lemon juice in the dose of conditioner or use a very mild/moisturizing shampoo no more than 1x per week. I don't think you need a shampoo with any strong cleansing or clarifying abilities. Also, when I was natural, I used to spritz my hair with plain distilled water in a spray bottle daily (1 or 2x) to add moisture back into my hair. HTH!

Cinda2503, I think the palm/coconut oil pre-poo could help you, too. It definitely did me...
Co-signing:yep::yep::yep:...you also need a moisturizing leave-in conditioner/seal w/ oil.

Last edited:
Finding Me, and any others that are interested in Ojon products, QVC is having a show at 1am. If you are up that late you may wont to check it out. The restorative treatment is great. If you are not up that late check out QVC.com. Because of of lead day all items on air and online are on 4 easy pays. This is great if you really wont to stock up and dont want to break the bank!
BTW, It is 1am est. time

I love the Restorative Treatment as well. It's basically the staple product of my regi that all others revolve around. :yep: I missed the show...:perplexed

I love the Restorative Treatment as well. It's basically the staple product of my regi that all others revolve around. :yep: I missed the show...:perplexed

So did I, couldnt stay up that late. But you can always go online and see a product review.

Back