Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

:love3:
Yeah, I have been looking for a good leave-in but I haven't found one, I will be investing in some NTM silk touch leave-in. I am bit confused about how to seal, I really don't know how to do it. If you don't mind I would really appreciate it if you'd let me know the process and all. Most of all THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!:yawn:

Sure, I just pour a little oil into my palm..rub my hands together and scrunch into my ends..as much or as little as you need so your ends don't go:ohsnap:...

Pr3tty also recommends Herbal Essence/ Breaks Over leave-in & conditioner.

:love3:

Sure, I just pour a little oil into my palm..rub my hands together and scrunch into my ends..as much or as little as you need so your ends don't go:ohsnap:...

Pr3tty also recommends Herbal Essence/ Breaks Over leave-in & conditioner.

Again Thank You, I will now start sealing my ends. I want to also thank you Pr3tty. I will look into your suggestions and see which works better on my hair. I can not thank you guys enough for all of your help. THANK YOU!!!

Where do you go to find out your hair type and everything else? And I welcome any and all info from ladies that are familiar with newly becoming natural. What should you do from day one? Help Me

To try to find out my hair type, i just googled "hair type" and mainly key-words like "3c/3b hair" and different sites would pop up explaining hair types. Sometimes they even came with pics. Also, if you look around the forums (esp. the threads dedicated to naturals) you can see what most women classify themselves as and based off of how their hair looks, see if your hair looks similar. Even though I gave myself and "accidental" 1/2 texlax, my natural hair is growing in under the texlax quickly and I can see that it looks close to a few ladies on here who identify as 4a. So that's my guess as of now. I want to wait until I am at least at chin-length un-stretched however, before I make a final decision about hair type, because I feel that by then it will be very evident.

hope that helps! : )

I would like to join this challenge...this is a great idea. I joined in 06 but have recently started to post frequently so I consider myself a board newbie. :)

well i have changed my reggie, I think i will co-wash and dc 1 to2 times a week.I'm using tresemme anti-breakage to co wash and dc with ORS.I am having a promblems with my moisture,I cowashed and dc my hair last week and I loved it, but since im not to satisfied with my real hair right now , it seems that I will be half wiggin it for a while!

Oh i posted the a new pic of my real hair in my avatar, i dk how to make it big, but I will keep you guys updated with the progress!

well i have changed my reggie, I think i will co-wash and dc 1 to2 times a week.I'm using tresemme anti-breakage to co wash and dc with ORS.I am having a promblems with my moisture,I cowashed and dc my hair last week and I loved it, but since im not to satisfied with my real hair right now , it seems that I will be half wiggin it for a while!

Oh i posted the a new pic of my real hair in my avatar, i dk how to make it big, but I will keep you guys updated with the progress!

how do you like the half wigs? i just ordered one off the internet (haven't received it yet). I'm scared I am going to look crazy. I ordered one that looks similar to my hair but this is totally new for me & I dont know if I can pull it off. Do you have any tips?

Sorry I have no pictures of my starting length. Lol I was doing the HYH challenge before I even found this board. I didn't like people seeing how my hair would grow and shrink, and everyone expects that I have great hair because my sister's hair is long. I have been wearing braids, weaves and wigs for the past 4 years (not properly though, because I wouldn't retain much length).
Currently
I am wearing braids. I have been wearing braids for 3 months now, (3 different sets of them) and I found this forum in late December. I have been collecting hair products (I'm a pj) for when I take the braids out I will have fun with them. I will take a picture of my starting point when I get these braids out, or I'll take one of the braids. My hair is currently past collar bone lenght, maybe 2 inches from APL when streched because I'm natural. For my regime I'm planing to :
Pre poo with Ojon, wash with ojon, deep condition with Keracare hydrating shampoo and my heating cap, or some steam, and I have so many leave ins to chose from. My regime needs some work, but I think I need to use up some of the products I have first. I was using Ojon stuff as my main thing over summer when I was wearing wigs and it's very hydrating (the shampoo and conditioner), but it's too expensive to keep purchasing. I have also noticed I only retain length with braids when I do them. Maybe the hairdressers trim too much, or don't take care when braiding my hair.

how do you like the half wigs? i just ordered one off the internet (haven't received it yet). I'm scared I am going to look crazy. I ordered one that looks similar to my hair but this is totally new for me & I dont know if I can pull it off. Do you have any tips?

I love it ! I was kinda scared at first because I thought people were gonna kno it was fake, but after i wore it i got sooo many compliments, people said that it was the best "sew in" they ever seen!! Now I have a shorter 1/2 wig and everyone thinks its my real hair! So when you get yours I suggest that you just play with it untill you feel comfortable, cuz you gonna be the only one who knows that it is a wig!:pepper:

I love it ! I was kinda scared at first because I thought people were gonna kno it was fake, but after i wore it i got sooo many compliments, people said that it was the best "sew in" they ever seen!! Now I have a shorter 1/2 wig and everyone thinks its my real hair! So when you get yours I suggest that you just play with it untill you feel comfortable, cuz you gonna be the only one who knows that it is a wig!:pepper:

I agree half wigs can be better than a sew in so rock it girl

hello everybody i would love to start with u guys. I have been reading on this site for a while now and i am ready to start somewhere. where can i go to find out what is my hair type?

I took new pictures!!!! They're in my sig. I'm trying to think of different styles to do, but, until then, the Banana clip works pretty well. It looks a little longer to me. I may be wrong.

I finally figured this whole fotki thing and YES i was bold enough to post my severely damaged hair and pics of my big chop ! I am ready for a head full of healthy natural hair with a hairline lol... A sista needs help...Ladies! I am excepting any and all advice and info you guys may have for me.​

Attachments

• DSC008771.jpg
    DSC008771.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 9
I love banana clips it makes my hair look much longer than it is
Co-signing on the banana clips:woot::woot::woot: they are very gentle...they don't pull your hair out!!! I always wear these when my hair is in a ponytail.

hairpic002.jpg

I finally figured this whole fotki thing and YES i was bold enough to post my severely damaged hair and pics of my big chop ! I am ready for a head full of healthy natural hair with a hairline lol... A sista needs help...Ladies! I am excepting any and all advice and info you guys may have for me.​

You are a true diva Im loving the big chop... Do you wash everyday I see thats a big thing for naturals?

I would like to join. I posted earlier and did not see that my name was added.

Did you add ur starting pic and regimen... I didnt get a chance to update the list bc a lot of ladies where saying they're in and never coming back.

I will try to go thru and make a new list soon

i love my 1/2 wig. it is so cute to me. i barely know it is on and it looks so natural. I went to dinner with my friends and nobody knew I had a wig on. You were so right. Now, I want a shorter one - a bob. I'm geeked. I posted pics in my fotki.

Back