Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Duchesse, your hair is beautiful!!! It looks like you have been doing a good job taking care of it so far. I'm 4a/b natural too and I know it takes a lot of hardwork to take of your hair.

Thanks sooo much for the compliment! Girl, I'm trying not to lose patience with this head of mine...you and your hair look very pretty in your avatar.

MissTical your workout regimen is awesome! You eat well too...keep that up and your hair will be down your back (if it isn't already)!! Welcome! :yep:

Thanks lady, your "sheeps butt" story had me laughing my *** off... not at you but with... trust me, I've been a little sheep buttish as well!

This is my weekly check-in for my sister. This has probably been my favorite rollerset so far. This past weekend I picked up some Nexus shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in. I used all the products on her hair along with Aphogee's Two Minute Reconstructor for breakage. Unfortunately it's STILL breaking, but I still love this rollerset.

Attachments

• nika 20.jpg
    nika 20.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 14
  • nika21.jpg
    nika21.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 16
Okay, hopefully I do this pic upload thing correctly. I apologize if they are ginormous or microscopic.

I'm a 4a/b natural, I'm pretty sure that I will be texlaxing very shortly. I did a BC about 14 months ago, I had about 1/2 in. of hair, now I'm around 7-8 in. Hmm...my regimen is pretty spotty a.k.a. I don't really have one. Last year I spent so much money on products and wigs, it's disgusting and I have yet to find '"staples". :sad:

I've tried everything on my hair for washing: baking soda washes, Ayurvedic teas , CON, co-washes
and DCing with ORS hair mayo, Aubrey Organics GPG or honeysuckle rose, Nexxus Humectress, Le kair, honey, EVOO, Elasta QP DPR.

I'm just really sick and tired of spending money on products that are just okay or just seem to all work the same. After using up all of the stuff that I have, I'm planning on sticking with the AO and ORS lines for protein conditioning, keeping Vatika and castor oil, and trying the Elucence shampoo/conditioner for moisture.

My pockets need simplicity :wallbash: (reading this and thinking of the myriad products that I haven't even listed is really making me sick to my belly)

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!

Welcome to all the new ladies who have joined us so far!!!:grin:

This is my weekly check-in for my sister. This has probably been my favorite rollerset so far. This past weekend I picked up some Nexus shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in. I used all the products on her hair along with Aphogee's Two Minute Reconstructor for breakage. Unfortunately it's STILL breaking, but I still love this rollerset.

ummmmm...there's a LOT to love about it!!! :lick: BEAUTIFUL!! :yep:

You may have to go with the heavy duty Aphogee (the 2 step that gets hard) and DC the heck out of it after it's done. A lot of ladies are using ORS Replenishing Paks after the treatment to restore moisture and softness. Good luck!!

ummmmm...there's a LOT to love about it!!! :lick: BEAUTIFUL!! :yep:

You may have to go with the heavy duty Aphogee (the 2 step that gets hard) and DC the heck out of it after it's done. A lot of ladies are using ORS Replenishing Paks after the treatment to restore moisture and softness. Good luck!!

Thanks! I guess I'll do the harder Aphogee treatment in a few weeks. I don't know what could be causing the breakage or if it'll stop. Hopefully the Nexxus products will get her hair in better shape. I'll also have to check out the ORS Replenishing Paks. I keep hearing great things about it.

Your rollersets are slammin':sweet:.Keep up the good work!!!

rollersetAE.jpg

LADIES - I am going to be hiding my hair (full head weave) from this weekend until mid-April. That will make me 11 weeks post. I will post a picture of my hair Friday night or Saturday before I go to the salon as an early update. The next one will be on April 20th. In the meantime, keep it up girls!

Hi Ladies, I am pissed off!!!!!! In November I went to a salon to get my ends Trimmedbut the stylist was a little scissor happy and butchered my hair and then charged me $75. Last night I put my hair in twist because I was going to prepoo today, so I wore a hat to class. When I got back today, I took off the hat and one of the twist in the front was in my face right over my eye and I notice something "split ends" and their everywhere now I need to go get my hair trimmed agian. Should I trim it on my own or should I get someone to do it? And, what am I doing wrong to cause these split ends? I need help!!!!!!

If only my hair could look like that!!!!! Beautiful!

Here are some pics of a twistout I did yesterday using fantasia IC gel. It turned out great!

Attachments

• HPIM2512.jpg
    HPIM2512.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM2515.jpg
    HPIM2515.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM2518.jpg
    HPIM2518.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 10
Hi Ladies, I am pissed off!!!!!! In November I went to a salon to get my ends Trimmedbut the stylist was a little scissor happy and butchered my hair and then charged me $75. Last night I put my hair in twist because I was going to prepoo today, so I wore a hat to class. When I got back today, I took off the hat and one of the twist in the front was in my face right over my eye and I notice something "split ends" and their everywhere now I need to go get my hair trimmed agian. Should I trim it on my own or should I get someone to do it? And, what am I doing wrong to cause these split ends? I need help!!!!!!

How are you caring for the ends of your hair?
rollersetAE.jpg

U have to try to keep ur ends moisturize... Try Mizani Nighttime H2O and try to condition with Herbal Essence Breaks over Ive seen a big difference with those two

WHATS UP LADIES??!!
I have taken the plunge to a new healthy head of hair. I did my BIG CHOP on 2/19/2008 and I couldnt feel better.:grin::grin::grin::grin:. I have a nice brush cut (ceasar). I have freed myself of all the foolishness ladies and I am starting anew. So will be posting pics shortly. So I am a natural newbie. Anyone with info on newly becoming natural PLEASE HIT ME UP !!!!!! THANX

WHATS UP LADIES??!!
I have taken the plunge to a new healthy head of hair. I did my BIG CHOP on 2/19/2008 and I couldnt feel better.:grin::grin::grin::grin:. I have a nice brush cut (ceasar). I have freed myself of all the foolishness ladies and I am starting anew. So will be posting pics shortly. So I am a natural newbie. Anyone with info on newly becoming natural PLEASE HIT ME UP !!!!!! THANX
:dance7:good luck on your natural journey!!!!

:wavey::wavey:What's your regimen & hair type? Are you natural or relaxed ?

I would consider myself 4a/b but the hair at the nape of my head is really straight as it grows. I haven't really got a solid regime. I shampoo wash 1x week, co wash 2-3x week, Pre poo with castor oil and conditioner 2-3x week. I am natural.

Where do you go to find out your hair type and everything else? And I welcome any and all info from ladies that are familiar with newly becoming natural. What should you do from day one? Help Me

I would consider myself 4a/b but the hair at the nape of my head is really straight as it grows. I haven't really got a solid regime. I shampoo wash 1x week, co wash 2-3x week, Pre poo with castor oil and conditioner 2-3x week. I am natural.

You may need a moisturizing leave-in conditioner after you DC & daily moisturizer you seal with oil .:pulpdance: You may need to moisturize and seal those ends daily :pulpdance:...I use NTM silk touch leave-in and I seal w/ either EVOO,castor oil or coconut oil....there's also alot of good buzz about Elasta QPMango Butter Moisturizer( I bought:shopping: this today but haven't used it yet)

Where do you go to find out your hair type and everything else? And I welcome any and all info from ladies that are familiar with newly becoming natural. What should you do from day one? Help Me

I can't remember the site but when I remember I'll let you know. I don't really know what kind of advice I can give you because I am new to this natural thing. When I first had the BC, I washed, conditioned, and used suave mousse, but it left my hair dry. I just try to keep my hair as moisturized as possible. I'm still trying to find a good leave-conditioner that will help me retain some moisture. Now I use Aburey Organics line and about a month ago I started to prepoo with castor oil+conditioner overnight and then wash. I conditoner wash about 2-3x week.

You may need a moisturizing leave-in conditioner after you DC & daily moisturizer you seal with oil .:pulpdance: You may need to moisturize and seal those ends daily :pulpdance:...I use NTM silk touch leave-in and I seal w/ either EVOO,castor oil or coconut oil....there's also alot of good buzz about Elasta QPMango Butter Moisturizer( I bought:shopping: this today but haven't used it yet)

Yeah, I have been looking for a good leave-in but I haven't found one, I will be investing in some NTM silk touch leave-in. I am bit confused about how to seal, I really don't know how to do it. If you don't mind I would really appreciate it if you'd let me know the process and all. Most of all THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!:yawn:

Well I cut my hair into a boy cut so I have no hair. I was just looking for info on scalp care for when you cut your hair as low as i did. I am looking for any and all suggestions. Do you care for you scalp as you would your hair if I hadnt cut it as short as i did?

Well I cut my hair into a boy cut so I have no hair. I was just looking for info on scalp care for when you cut your hair as low as i did. I am looking for any and all suggestions. Do you care for you scalp as you would your hair if I hadnt cut it as short as i did?

Well I am looking into a sulfur mixture to help keep the scalp hydrated which will then help to promote hair growth.
1 T of MSM powder (at any natural health food store)
2 T of boiled water
6 1/2 T of conditioner

Back