Newbie/Lurker coming out to post (with pics)

foxybronx

I just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself...
I have a hair obsession
laugh.gif
so I frequent many hair boards and I am a pj(like alot of you). I have been lurking for a while, but i was too shy to come out i guess. I am not new to the haircare thing so i hope i have a lot to contribute. I am glad to be here because ya'll seem like a big happy family.
Hey BHCAB members, i see alot of you here!
Here are some pics of my hair journey..
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/foxybronx/lst?.dir=/Hair+pics&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

your hair progress is great!! I particularly like the most recent shot. Your hair looks so soft and healthy!!

What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

Welcome to the forum Foxybronx, you will like it here! And your pics are so nice! I can see the nice progress that you made!
wave.gif
Welcome Foxy,
Sincerely
Zanna

Welcome foxybronx,
wave.gif

You're gonna love it here! I've learned SO much that has seriously effected my regime (which I'm still developing).

Your hair is beautiful! Whatevery you're doing, keep it up!
smile.gif

Welcome Foxybronx
wave.gif
. Your hair looks wonderful. So very healthy
smile.gif
. You have tremendous growth progress. Please share your haircare regime with us.

Hi brh,
Thanks for the compliment! Your hair is beautiful, and i got to see it in person. I use softsheen breakthru, creme of nature, and elucence moisture benefits shampoo. For conditioners I LOVE keracare Humecto, Motions moisture plus, Moisturfuse, LeKair Cholesterol, cpr, Affirm 5 N 1 etc...(Mainly the first 3)

Thanks mirrormirror, and armyqt for the compliments!
blush.gif

My regime changes so often that i don't really have a set one. I wash weekly, sometimes 2x a week. I use apretadora or a hot oil using jojoba, olive or castor oil before i wash. I always deep condition with a heating cap for 30min
to an hour. I use keracare leavein or elasta qp h-two. I always airdry with the ponytail method and then i use caruso rollers. Sometimes i rollerset (not very often). I moisturize 2x-3x a day. I alternate between profective anti-breakage megamoisturizer, dudleys pca, wildgro+castor oil, profectiv breakthru, keihls silkgroom, shea butter and ors carrot oil. I touch up every 3 months with Affirm Lye (mild) or fiberguard. I take 3,000 mg MSM, 5,000 mcg biotin, 500mg panthenthic acid, and 2 GNC ultranourish hair. I know i am missing something...
Oh yeah...I wrap nightly with a seamless comb and satin scarf
How could i forget about Scurl no drip activator??? Sorry Adrienne
smile.gif

Go foxy it's ya birthday!!

hiiiiiiii!!

So you have finally decided to come out of hiding! I hope you post a lot so the ladies can learn everything you know about hair care!!

YAY!!! (can you tell I am happy?)

grin.gif

Gldspoon

Hi FoxyBronx
wave.gif

Glad u can join us. I was so excited to see your pics... but when I clicked on your album, it said that the "server was broken or down"... what a bummer
frown.gif
. I'll check back tomorrow. I bet your hair is beautiful
smile.gif

God Bless,
Peachtree

Hi Foxybronx,
Welcome, welcome!
wink.gif
Your hair is lovely! I think that you have a pretty good regimen going. I still have to get mine together.
Incidentally, I'm also from NY. I'm trying to find myself a good hairdresser to help me accomplish my goals. Do you have any recommendations?
Anyway, thanks girl! Keep up the good work!

Hey Armyqt and Asha, you are welcome, Thanks for the compliments and the welcome
wink.gif

Amyqt, I checked out your hair IT IS BEAUTIFUL! What is your regime?
Daviine, Yeah girl you were right I am loving it here already
grin.gif

Tracy, I am not sure why it says broken server,
crazy.gif
check one more time.
HEY GOLDIE (G in goldie stands for gorgeous hair!) I am happy too! YAY! We have another place to talk hair care..I plan to post alot they might get sick of me
ohwell.gif

Peachtree, Another gorgeous haired girl, Thanks for the welcome! I am not sure why it says broken server I hope its fixed now.
Hey Godzooki, Good to see you here too! Party over here!!
Rabia, thanks for the welcome! Girl i have been searching high and low for a good hairdresser, I have had bad experiences lately! I will keep you posted, If you find a good one PUHLEEZE let me know.
Hey Allandra, thanks for the welcome! How are you? I never catch up with u..
Thanks caramelbarbie (cool screenname)!

Hey Foxybronx!!

It's great to see you here and posting!!!

I love the pictures. You should be very proud of yourself!! You have amazing hair (and I saw it in person!!). So beautiful, thick and long!

Hi Foxy, thanks for the compliment. I'm trying to simplify my routine as much as possible cause my schedule has become very hectic and the weather outside is just too beautiful for staying in. What I used to do was wash my hair every three days and deep condition 2 times per week. I also do a hotoil treatment 1x per week and an ACV rinse.

What I've been doing lately is rinsing my hair every other day with acv and then conditioing with Pantene S&S or Tropical Avocado (I'm out of this, but I love this conditioner). Once or twice a week I wash using Elucence Moisture balancing shampoo or Lanza Protein Plus Shampoo. I basically keep my hair in a ponytail 99% of the time. During those times, I use S-Curl activator along with some gel and slick my hair into a ponytail. That's it. I am a true product junkie so I have tons and tons of stuff. Just recently I've decided to try some low-end products that I've been hearing great things about. so far so good, I'm having great experiences with them. So right now, I'm trying to keep it simple and inexpensive. I'll probaly get the Keracare Humecto again for when my new growth gets out of control. That about sums it all up. Thanks again for the kind words.
smile.gif

<font color="purple"> </font> Your hair looks so nice and healthy i can't wait until my hair grows down my back now my hair is shoulder point so i am getting close.
clap.gif
<font color="purple"> </font>

Hey CarmenRose,
Thanks for the compliments your making a sista blush
blush.gif

Your hair is gorgeous too, Long, healthy, and thick, I just LOOVVEE your natural color!

Thanks for sharing your regime Armyqt! I love humecto too, and i am dying to try Tropical avocado. I am a pj too, so i understand about the tons of stuff. I think i might try your regime this summer, b/c i want to start rinsing my hair alot also. Thanks again.

Welcome to the board nooniecakes! your hair will be at your goal in no time.

Back