New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

^congrats on yalls most recent milestones ladies!
I decided to straighten my hair & self-trim. hopefully I'll be all natural next month! *fingers crossed*

24wks post! Still hanging in there. I'm trying to use up some products! I feel off on doing my hair for abt 2 wks now I'm trying to keep myself motivated but I have been so tired!

Just found a new way to PS and hide my hair under this Creta Girl. I love it! I might be able to transition for 2yrs+ hopefully. Still have a long way though

hey ladies, i'd love to have yall's opinion.
any idea what my hair type maybe at the front?
this is naked, unstretched hair...i just lifted it to take a photo.
TIA!
zmjukn.jpg

I can see how people start cutting and end up with a BC. I cut off about 3 inches in the back last night. Now my sides look a lot longer and I wanna cut them too. But I'm gonna wait for two years - 3 more months....

Hi All....I woke up today and the tempeture was 37 degrees...above freezing but still too cold to BC.....stay tuned, these pathetic ends are going down!!

What conditioners are you all using for daily, deep, anything else and how often?

I use LeKair Cholesterol, Silk Elements Cholesterol, Lustersilks Mango and Shea Butter Cholesterol and Creme of Nature Moisture Extreme Conditioner
for deep conditioning. I deep condition every 10 days from root to tip.

I moisturize with Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream from root to tip after my hair drys.

I have a question. I decided i post here. I noticed that i have some major breakage. I am 55 weeks post. It seems to be at the demarcation line. It is a nice amount of hair in the front and upper middle part of my hair; a little difficult to spot with my hair reggie.

So my question, Should I cut the remaining relaxed end off?
Should I do as I plan and get braids to try to stretch my transition more?
Should I nurse and baby my hair until im ready?
What are your thoughts???

Should I post as a new thread?

I have a question. I decided i post here. I noticed that i have some major breakage. I am 55 weeks post. It seems to be at the demarcation line. It is a nice amount of hair in the front and upper middle part of my hair; a little difficult to spot with my hair reggie.

So my question, Should I cut the remaining relaxed end off?
Should I do as I plan and get braids to try to stretch my transition more?
Should I nurse and baby my hair until im ready?
What are your thoughts???

Should I post as a new thread?

My personal choice would be to cut the relaxed hair in that section off to prevent further breakage.

Sorry so big but I had to show off my curly in the back. That part is natural from my constant trims.
03292011_003_.jpg

What conditioners are you all using for daily, deep, anything else and how often?

Daily Moisture:
VO5 Herbal Essence diluted with water + Aloe Vera + vegetable glycerin
-usually twice daily

Protein Conditioner: (light)
ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Condition
-approx. 3x a month

Protein Conditioner: (med-hard)
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment
-almost never

Deep Conditioner:
Joico Intense Hydrator + olive oil + aloe vera
-once a week

Leave - in:
some of the daily moisture mixture
Biolage Daily Leave-in - once a week
-I tried Giovanni Direct Leave In because everyone raved about it
-it turned my hair white and dull and I had to squeeze it out of my hair and wipe on a towel
-tried it with aloe vera added, same thing

Perhaps someone that uses it can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I have two bottles of the stuff!

HHG!

Also I seal with Jojoba Oil and use a homemade pomade and "Jane Carter Nourshing Cream" and Nourish and Shine"

Last edited:
Were your cornrows any bigger this time.. One of the ladies on u-tube stated that when her cornrows are big the hair slipps out.. I had that issue too and I thought it might be the hair.. So I am not really sure but my braids were not that small either

LadyMacgyver, I didn't do new cornrows. I just washed and DC'd my cornrows and tightened up a couple. I think the hair is slippery

Currently 6 months post my length goal has remained to reached MBL on stretched hair. But overall to have a head full of natural healthy hair :yep:

Someone hide the scissors from me! I am 10 months post trying to go for 18 but I have the itch to cut my hair. I've cut the relaxed ends off of 3 small parts in my head and I am in love with my curls.

Well, ladies...I DID MY BC ON APRIL 1ST, so I've crossed over to the natural side! Right now I'm kinda sad and upset. My curls are all over the place and it looks horrible. The crown is way looser than the back and it is veryyyy obvious. I feel like a walking side show! This is not the BC I thought it would be. I guess I will give this natural thing a try, and if it isn't working I might go back to my relaxers.

I thought I posted here, but posted in the Transitioning w/o BC thread as well, so. . .

1. How far into the transition are you? 32 Weeks, 2 days and so proud of myself!!
2. Whats your transition goal? My transition goal is until I make BSL or 2 years. Once there I know I'll be comfortable making the big chop.

This will be my second transition period, the first time I made it about 36 weeks. I know I'm going down a similar path, however I'm getting ready to braid it up as a protective style. I hope to keep them in for about 2 months, as long as I don't miss my hair.

My biggest obstacle is not wanting to flat iron it. I've been relaxed for a big part of my life so being without straight hair is new.

I'm learning my hair now and I know that to get the length, growth, and repair I want I need to keep away from the heat.

I look forward to posting and getting some support over these next few tough weeks!

Hello, my name is @blcbuty@ and I'm a bit of a product junkie and bandwagon hopper.

This is my braidout after having my hair braided for about 2 or 3 days with a leave-in conditioner and olive oil mix.

That is second day hair. I braided it up in 4 braids at night and put Aphogee Essential oils on my ends and around my hairline. I used the Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz to hold the curl and provide a little moisture the day of.

I'm slowly building my regimen

Attachments

• My Hair.jpg
    My Hair.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 59
Back