New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

OMG I found my dream wig!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Woman-Short-Str..._MWA_Wigs_Extensions&var=&hash=item84b72fd584

1-1954.jpg

I need to breathe...and order her at the same time. lol

Girl you made me hurry up and buy this! :lol:
My very first full wig! She looks like a bad mamajamma,and I hope I love it!

Oh,and I'm lurking here to help a little girl transition out of a relaxer. I hope this goes smoothly. *crosses fingers*

Well ladies I must leave you all now b/c I just

BC'd!!!!!!!!!!

I left work early and came home with the intention of finally doing the big chop. After seeing how much of the relaxed ends were breaking off from just touching it, I knew it was time. I'm currently DCing so when it's all done with, I'll be sure to post LOTS of pics for you guys!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

:congrats: NikkiQ! Can't wait to see pics!

1. How far into the transition are you? 16 months post

2. Whats your transition goal? At least a nice puff before i BC

All the ladies who are BCing are really tempting me right about now. I think I have to put my hair away so this temptation will pass. Congratulations to all BC'ers!!!

Meanwhile going into my 15th month and I finally had a decent looking braidout using my shea butter mix.

Three months until my BC *fingers crossed*

Just breezing by to say God bless the person who invented banding. It's made my life so much easier and reduced the amount of time I spend on my hair, kept SSKs to a minimum, combing is now so much easier. I've decided to keep on transitioning instead of BCing this month. If you haven't tried it already, I highly recommend it. Tons of videos on you tube too. HHG ladies! :)

i checked the banding technique on youtube but i am confused about the relaxed ends part: do you band the relaxed ends as well?Does it have the same outcome as for the natural part?

I asked that because HairCrush relaxed her edges while she was transitioning and she said it really helped her.
interesting I didn't know that. I haven't worn my hair out that much to think it would significantly help me out and I wouldn't want to get tempted and slap relaxer on all of it while i'm at it...

glad my wigs get here tomorrow I am so ready for a change...I have already spotted another wig I want plus two phony ponies...

^^^^omg I'm jealous!!!! :lol: How are the wigs? Are they worth it? Which ones did you get? How long did it take to get them?

:look:

i'm wearing the Sensationnel HZ 7053 right now and I like it! was able to sorta blend since I was in braids but it's a bit shiny so i put on a headband to make it less noticeable.

I tried on Celtic Girl and I will LOVE her once I figure out the blending. I'm on the search for a full shoulder length wig with layers that looks natural that i don't have to leave any hair out for.

Oh and I got Tammy but i've worn her plenty before....

where is everyone? shole is lonely in here...

decided that my HZ 7053 half wig isn't blending perfectly like i'd like so i'm going to whip out Tammy. Gotta cowash tonight and detangle. cowashing in braids isn't for me...feel like my curls were about to matt.

I've been doing good with my transition. I'm trying not to make a big deal out of one year post so to not tempt myself to BC because I know its still not enough growth. I want to go 18 months, but I may take this until all of the relaxed ends just fall off.

Hey Roux :hiya2:

It is mid-terms week here at my school so my posting has been even scarcer than before. I'm still hanging in there; just made 11 months yesterday!

I've been braided up for almost two months now and I'm really starting to miss my hair :sad: I think I'm just plain tired of braids. The only good thing about these braids is the convenience. Hopefully when I take these down in May* I'll be full APL :grin:

*I re-do the perimeter every six weeks and do the inside as needed.

Hey all! So excited that so many are about to hit double digits/one year! I am still plugging along...but getting a bit discouraged/frustrated in my own journey. I don't want to chop it off anymore (at least currently LOL), but I just don't know what to do with it :nono: My scalp has been itchy, my hair has been dry and just generally uncooperative :ohwell: I love that I am fully natural at my nape, but it makes styling a big challenge! All the transitioning styles I can do (braid outs, twist outs, flat twists, etc.) are time consuming and no longer look nice like they used to earlier in the transition :cry3: I even tried a rollerset for the first time & I look like a grandma :lachen: And the back is too short to wet or dry bun :sad: I just want something low maintenance to do with my hair right now & to find awesome natural products that work for my hair!!! :wallbash: But on the upside, I'll have enough growth by the summer to wet bun all summer long :yep: Just currently in a hair/styling funk is all

I'm still in this transitioning marathon. I'm wearing two-strand twist at the moment.
Which is a great transitioning style for me, because I don't have to deal with my hair regularly and I stay tangle free:)

So yesterday my hair laughed in my face. I swear I had a "They're all gonna laugh at you" a la Carrie moment. I was already running late for work so i just pulled it back into dry lopsided messy bun and left. :lol:

I ended up having the last laugh though. After an intensive moisturizing session last night I think I managed to get it back on track. :grin:

Hey all! So excited that so many are about to hit double digits/one year! I am still plugging along...but getting a bit discouraged/frustrated in my own journey. I don't want to chop it off anymore (at least currently LOL), but I just don't know what to do with it :nono: My scalp has been itchy, my hair has been dry and just generally uncooperative :ohwell: I love that I am fully natural at my nape, but it makes styling a big challenge! All the transitioning styles I can do (braid outs, twist outs, flat twists, etc.) are time consuming and no longer look nice like they used to earlier in the transition :cry3: I even tried a rollerset for the first time & I look like a grandma :lachen: And the back is too short to wet or dry bun :sad: I just want something low maintenance to do with my hair right now & to find awesome natural products that work for my hair!!! :wallbash: But on the upside, I'll have enough growth by the summer to wet bun all summer long :yep: Just currently in a hair/styling funk is all

poor thing! It's one thing to experience these issues with one texture but two? enough to make you shave your head!

I noticed for my scalp that I have to really keep it clean AND oiled or it gets a bit itchy or buildup. Maybe try an ACV rinse and try to avoid products on your scalp and then oil it lightly.

I got to about 8 months and couldn't do braid outs or BK sets anymore so I got on with wigs and weaves. Matter of fact, if it weren't for wigs and weaves I would either be natural or relaxed right now :lachen:.

So last week I chopped a 1/8 portion of the back of my head. Just wondering about my texture. Well after cowashing last night the strange waves became curls...I had no idea I had curls. It looks 4a but typing confuses me.

Put on my trusted Tammy halfwig and I think I will be wearing her for the rest of the month unless I have an interview...back in a bun with a phony bun my hair will go...hopefully.

My hair is really finicky. The natural parts loves my shea butter mix but the relaxed part is rebelling like crazy :nono: I had to pull my braidout into a puff today because it looked crazy in the back.

My edges are sore! i have been wearing my silk scarf under my wig and not using the combs! I am just going to continue to aplly my castor oil to my scalp and edges!

Today is also co wash and deep condition day! i think I'm going to use all SSI products! Saturday I will be 21wks post! So far all is well since I have up the protein! My fine hair loves and need it!

It will make a year for me next month. I'm still not sure about how to style my hair. I rely on roller setting and flat ironing the roots for the most part. My braid outs don't look great anymore either. I don't have too much time to spend on my hair so styling challenges are really frustrating. I have been relying on buns quite a bit but I'm tired of looking like a stuffy school teacher. I will give banding a shot. Not sure how that will work with my relaxed ends. My goal is to reach a point where I can put my natural hair into a bun for days when I don't have time for a style. Maybe that will be around the 2 year mark.

shermaine when I band I only band down to my line of demarcation and stop. My relaxed hair will try straight no problem.

Back