New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

I've been transitioning for 6 months and I think I have about 3 inches of new growth. I wear my hair in a tucked under ponytail to work everyday. I wear it on the weekends too if I'm not going out. My relaxed ends are useless. :ohwell:

Last edited:
I don't think I'm gonna make it to 21 months as I had thought. A couple of months ago, I got rid of 3-4 inches of relaxed hair (they were so see-through). Then earlier this month, got rid of another 2 inches, which puts me at shoulder length. I have about another 2 inches of relaxed hair that need to go and I might (or might not:look:) chop the rest off next month.

Checking in!

I am using a mix of aloe Vera gel glycerine and jojoba oil for my new growth as it has been a little dry despite cowashing. My relaxed hair loves it too! I got the recipe from Chicoro. I am dying to twist my hair but it will be a waste of time if too short and mostly relaxed.

I feel like I can do this although I do get curious about chopping I want to achieve this goal.

I've been using this too and my hair loves it!!

Getting my hair straightened and trimmed this wknd! So pumped! Haven't seen my hair straight in 4.5 months. I know that's not long in lhcf time, lol. But it is for me and the longest ive gone without straight hair since preschool.

I'm thinking this trim should take off the last little bit of relaxed ends I have. Shrinkage is so crazy so its like u never know how long its gonna be, just hope im not disappointed, lol. I think my hair is about 7-8 inches in the top. And 6.5 inches in the back. I should be really close to sl, hope to make it by the spring.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

@Qualitee

Last relaxer was 4.5 months ago. I havent measured my growth yet but eyeballing it looks around an 1.5 inches. Its gonna be slow going.. :(

Dont feel bad! I'm just @ 4mths and only have an inch and .5 an inch in some areas, my hair grows slow and I'm dealong with breakage @ the line of demarcation! :(

Just took my sew-in out yesterday and I LOVE all of my new growth. I flat ironed my hair and will be wearing it like this until Thursday when I get kinky twists put in.

Part of me wants to hold off on twisting to rock my own but the lazy part of me is what will win out in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF app

Hi ladies,

I'm 21 weeks post ...

I think i'm a 4a/b?

img0094mr.jpg

img0096d.jpg

img0106s.jpg

img0104bw.jpg

Sorry the pictures are so big!

Last edited:
Just wanted to say good job ladies on the progress thus far. Transitioning is a serious process, atleast for me. But I will finish strongly!! Wait, we all will finish STRONGLY!!

I BC'd yesterday...!!!

I had grown very tired of wearing buns. :ohwell: My head begin to hurt where it was positioned and I wondered if my nape would thin out. My relaxed hair was too fragile and time-consuming so I did what I had to do. :yep: I wasn't prepared for shrinkage combined with a twistout. LOL. Anyways here you are...... :spinning:

SherylsTresses :congrats: What a wonderful Valentine's Day gift to yourself! You and your hair look beautiful!

just poking in to say i'm 1 year post! currently on vacation and finally took my wig off and washed and DC'd today. I so wanna chop...

Cowashed my hair today and played with my curls a bit in the shower :giggle:
Decided to change things up a bit and gonna switch to one of my phony ponies for the next 2 weeks.I detangled with my Tangle Teezer and actually used it to brush my hair up into a pony while it was still wet. That's the only way I can manage to get my hair into a pony these days-TT while wet. My little anemic relaxed ends look so sad in this ponytail yall lol. There's some spots on the back of my head where the relaxed ends are pretty much gone and the shrinkage isn't too bad. Can't wait to chop!

SherylsTresses congratulations on your BC and your new journey as a natural.

Meanwhile I'm 14 months post today. Yay me! This past week was the first time I felt the BC urge since I started transitioning. I was so tempted on Monday that I actually snipped a little bit at my nape. I need help ladies, I definitely want to cut at 18 months but right now...

SherylsTresses, :congrats: on your BC! Thanks for being an awesome support in the transitioning threads and best of luck with your natural journey! I am so jealous right now :lol: I don't know if I'll make it to 18 months :nono:, but I am so proud that you did! Don't forget about us :grin:

SherylsTresses, :congrats: on your BC! Thanks for being an awesome support in the transitioning threads and best of luck with your natural journey! I am so jealous right now :lol: I don't know if I'll make it to 18 months :nono:, but I am so proud that you did! Don't forget about us :grin:

Awwwwee thank you LilMissSunshine5...!!!

11 months post. Just 7 more months to go. :lachen: Really tempted to do something drastic today (straighten or bc) since its my bday today, but I'll probably just put on my wig and KIM.

Back