New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

done a length check my hair is apl EXCEPT the very front of my hair which is barely collarbone:ohwell:

that front section is really making me feel like my hair hasnt grown at all....sorry just venting:look:

:hiya:

1. How far into the transition are you? almost 18 months
2. Whats your transition goal? June 2011.

I'll post pics when I find my camera cord.

All of my friends keep asking me why I haven't BC'd yet and why I am always wearing wigs. My one friend BC'd about 3 months ago is always doing something to her hair. She's not really into the whole hair care thing just wants her hair to look like she wants it to look and I dont knock her for that. Not everybody is on a HHJ, but what p!sses me off is that she's always trying to give ME tips on what I should do even though the only reason she went natural was because I said I was. :perplexed. I guess the tipping point for me was yesterday when SHE bought a new flat iron and wanted to see how good it was and asked ME to use it. HELL NO! Sorry just venting.

^^^Girl I feel ya. My best friend tried to tell me what to do with my hair and she's not even natural!

Hi I am 4.5 months post and have been itching to chop, I have been natural before and loved my texture but hated my length big time. After a mistake with hair colour that left my hair dry I decided to relax my hair. Wish I just chopped again cos now I have past sl hair to transition out of.

I wish to be natural and able to bun my hair so when I am having an off day I can just put it all away. That's what I missed when I was natural, the BUN!

Hi I am 4.5 months post and have been itching to chop, I have been natural before and loved my texture but hated my length big time. After a mistake with hair colour that left my hair dry I decided to relax my hair. Wish I just chopped again cos now I have past sl hair to transition out of. I so understand where you are coming from. I also wish I never relaxed again!

I wish to be natural and able to bun my hair so when I am having an off day I can just put it all away. That's what I missed when I was natural, the BUN!
I want to be able to do that as well. I'm going to try and transition until I am apl.

I am praying I can make it to a year yall! I am so bored with my hair...I just want to be free of these relaxed ends :lol: I have been in braids for about a month & I am taking them out in 2 weeks! I can't wait to see my hair again! I am so excited to wash & condition my hair...it is getting lots of TLC :yep: My hair is about to be blinging :yay:

Just checking in. I have the flu, so my hair's up in Celie braids until I can cowash or dc again.

Nothing wrong with that! I wear Celie braids year round under my half wig! I can't/I'm too lazy to do cornrows:nono: so I just put it in plaits, pin them up with bobby pins and slap it on. My hair isn't that thick, so I should be able to get away with doing this all year til I make APL! I take my half wig off as soon as I walk in the door from work and sometimes I walk around the house quoting lines from the color purple or doing the little hand clap game:lachen: i'm so silly

I'm getting a wig made for me today. If its cute I may bc at 5 months. I only have one inch of natural hair so it should be easy to do that...

Ok I have been thinking about BCing this week, but I decided to wait it out another year. With trims I could be natural by next year (some spots I have no relaxed ends, some I have like 4 to 6 inches, I have layers). I think I'm going to back to twist outs for a while. It was my fav look for a year and a half. And I retained some good growth then too.

Last edited:
1. How far into the transition are you?
About 3 months. I last relaxed sometime in November.
2. Whats your transition goal?
Right now my only goals are to have decent looking hair and to not relax again.

I will be 18wks post on Saturday! i will Shampoo and dc! Might do a HOT dont know yet! I am going to rock a bantu knot out!

I am 58 weeks into my transition. My last relaxer was Christmas of 09. After that, i just weved it up and have been in weave ever since. I will be taking down my latest install tonight, and hopefully will be satisfied with my length. I keep my installs in for 5-7 weeks at a time, and before my stylist puts in a new one, she chops away the relaxed ins little by little. I'm praying that my hair is atleast shoulder length!! If not, I will be pissed:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Nothing wrong with that! I wear Celie braids year round under my half wig! I can't/I'm too lazy to do cornrows:nono: so I just put it in plaits, pin them up with bobby pins and slap it on. My hair isn't that thick, so I should be able to get away with doing this all year til I make APL! I take my half wig off as soon as I walk in the door from work and sometimes I walk around the house quoting lines from the color purple or doing the little hand clap game:lachen: i'm so silly

Haha I needed your silliness. When I in the bathroom working on my Celies, I always began with the most famous quote, "You sure is ugly," which leads to singing (or, ahem trying to sing), "Sister" or "God is Trying to Tell You Something".

It's crazy, I know.

Checking in!

I am using a mix of aloe Vera gel glycerine and jojoba oil for my new growth as it has been a little dry despite cowashing. My relaxed hair loves it too! I got the recipe from Chicoro. I am dying to twist my hair but it will be a waste of time if too short and mostly relaxed.

I feel like I can do this although I do get curious about chopping I want to achieve this goal.

Okay, I'm slowing coming back. This past week and a half of sickness has been crazy. After neglecting my hair somewhat (I did spritz every now and then), I dc'd my hair this morning (omg, it felt so good!). I air dried it, placed some leave-in, and sealed it with avocado oil. I clipped it up, put in a satin bonnet, and hid it underneath a pageboy cap as I ran errands (including buying some products, including a second Tangle Teezer). My hair feels good because it is being cared for again.

I'm thinking of going to my stylist (who I have seen in a year) for a press n curl or maybe a rollerset. I haven't applied heat to my hair since May 2010. I want to do a length check. I don't have the skills just yet to do it by myself.

Transitioning for 43 weeks so far and I have between an average of 5-7 inches of NG in areas. My front grows super slow compared to everywhere else. :nono:

I BC'd yesterday...!!!

I had grown very tired of wearing buns. :ohwell: My head begin to hurt where it was positioned and I wondered if my nape would thin out. My relaxed hair was too fragile and time-consuming so I did what I had to do. :yep: I wasn't prepared for shrinkage combined with a twistout. LOL. Anyways here you are...... :spinning:

Attachments

• Front 1.jpg
    Front 1.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Front 2.jpg
    Front 2.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Right Side.jpg
    Right Side.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 67
Yesterday I conditioned on dry hair, shampooed then used VO5 to detangle. I styled my hair in two-strand twist for the first time since transitioning. Thet came out really cute :)

I have between 4-4.5 inches of new growth at the moment.

Back