New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

Hi All! I'm almost 6 months post! Things are fine. I'm having similiar problems as the rest of the transitioners....I'm style challenged and braid outs are now OUT for me. My relaxed ends are just too thin. The last inch or two are so pathetic. I might trim them off in a month or two. That would leave thicker, healthier relaxed hair.

When I wear my hair out I use flexirods while at the same time twisting the ends, this helps to camouflage my thin ends. My natural hair seems to be getting thicker and thicker! I can't believe it's mine! I think I'm a 4b.

I'll continue to search for transitioning stlyes I can wear in a corporate setting. I'm also doing a lot of shopping for hair ornaments.

HHG
P.S. I posted this exact same thing in another thread because I thought it was this one...it's ok though...

Yes, same here. I'm sad I let my stylist take all the curl out of my hair. But, oh well. I am loooving my newgrowth. :love: I'm experimenting with buns and updos to keep my ends hidden. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey ladies! I am wondering what hair type yall think I might be? I miss my hair (which is in crochet braids), so I figured I would keep myself preoccupied with fun hair games so I don't take out my braids :lol: I miss my curlies! So here are some pics...what hair type do you think I am? I think 4a with a little 3c in the nape area

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 58
^^^ I agree with your assessment, though I'm not too savvy with the hair typing thing! :lol: I'm sure some of the other ladies will chime in soon!

Checking in at 4 months post-relaxer. I've been wearing the Frida headband this month and will probably switch it up in February.

Frida.jpg

So it took me a whopping 4 hours to shampoo, condition (no I did not get under a dryer or anything), detangle, shower, rinse, detangle again, and braid my hair. Gonna straighten tomorrow which means in total, 7 hours to get my hair straight smh! 7 hours or spend $50? Well hopefully the more relaxed ends I cut, the easier this will get!

LilMissSunshine, I agree with you are 4a with 3c in the nape

Hey ladies! I am wondering what hair type yall think I might be? I miss my hair (which is in crochet braids), so I figured I would keep myself preoccupied with fun hair games so I don't take out my braids :lol: I miss my curlies! So here are some pics...what hair type do you think I am? I think 4a with a little 3c in the nape area

I'm no good at the hairtyping thing, but I see your nape is just like mine in that the relaxed ends were like :giveup::peace::peace: :lachen::lachen:

So it took me a whopping 4 hours to shampoo, condition (no I did not get under a dryer or anything), detangle, shower, rinse, detangle again, and braid my hair. Gonna straighten tomorrow which means in total, 7 hours to get my hair straight smh! 7 hours or spend $50? Well hopefully the more relaxed ends I cut, the easier this will get!

Now that's the reason why I'm stopping at natural MBL. Too much time for longer hair is required.

Now that's the reason why I'm stopping at natural MBL. Too much time for longer hair is required.

I don't think it would've taken this long if I were fully natural. BTW, it only took 2 hours to straighten my hair this time so only a total of 6 hours lol I assume that when these relaxed ends are gone, it won't take me nearly as long to detangle so I could probably get it all done in 4 hours and less if I used a blow dryer.

So I have decided to go natural again! I finally am not denying the fact that my hair can not handle relaxers! I am 16 wks post and I plan to transition for 2yrs or until I am comfortable with the length of my natural hair!

Every time I see my relaxed ends, I just ask myself why am I keeping them? I'm under my wigs anyway. AND I have enough new growth to cover my half wigs... Probably wont do anything drastic, but its a thought that keeps crossing my mind..

i thought i was the only one that braidouts didn't work for at this point. i'm planning to big chop this weekend b/c im just fed up with this relaxed hair thats left. i feel like i should have more natural hair at this point.... but maybe the shrinkage is hiding it.

i thought i was the only one that braidouts didn't work for at this point. i'm planning to big chop this weekend b/c im just fed up with this relaxed hair thats left. i feel like i should have more natural hair at this point.... but maybe the shrinkage is hiding it.

How many inches of natural hair do you have?

I am thinking about going natural again. I loved my natural hair but got super frustrated when it wouldn't grow after a certain point. So I relaxed again in aug 2010 and now im thinking of going back.... I definately will be a long term transitioner because there ain't no way in hades im bc'ing again. I hate that phase. I will probably just keep trimming until I get to apl stretched. Here we go again.

How many inches of natural hair do you have?

i have no idea. i'm washing my hair today, so i'm going to try to measure it. i've been mostly wearing buns and ponytails recently to keep from manipulating my hair too much. the bottom back appears to be completly natural already, and is about 10 inches stretched, so i guess thats normal rate of growth. its just right now, my hair looks shorter than when i started transitioning, but i know this is due to shrinkage, it's just weird to see...

Every time I see my relaxed ends, I just ask myself why am I keeping them? I'm under my wigs anyway. AND I have enough new growth to cover my half wigs... Probably wont do anything drastic, but its a thought that keeps crossing my mind..

I'm fighting that demon right now. Idk if it's b/c of the depression kicking in again(I'm manic depressive) or if I'm tired of the 2 textures, but Friday night...I almost chopped it all off. I'm always under wigs anyway so it wouldn't be anything I couldn't handle. But I keep thinking about my wedding. I'm just torn. :sad:

I'm fighting that demon right now. Idk if it's b/c of the depression kicking in again(I'm manic depressive) or if I'm tired of the 2 textures, but Friday night...I almost chopped it all off. I'm always under wigs anyway so it wouldn't be anything I couldn't handle. But I keep thinking about my wedding. I'm just torn. :sad:

What about chopping and just getting pieces added? You said you would have to add hair for the wedding anyway and by the wedding, your hair should be long enough to fit into a ponytail. Or you could get a sew in and leave the front and back out? IDK I'm not a weave expert lol

What about chopping and just getting pieces added? You said you would have to add hair for the wedding anyway and by the wedding, your hair should be long enough to fit into a ponytail. Or you could get a sew in and leave the front and back out? IDK I'm not a weave expert lol

I thought about the sew in, but slicking it down for a low bun wouldn't go very well b/c you could see the lumps and bumps of the braids and weave. My mom said to just get a cute lace front wig and have a stylist style it for me.

found an old silk scarf going to try the silk scarf braidout for this week (hopefully) and one of my wigs will be here Friday.

I thought about the sew in, but slicking it down for a low bun wouldn't go very well b/c you could see the lumps and bumps of the braids and weave. My mom said to just get a cute lace front wig and have a stylist style it for me.

This will actually be perfect because depending on if you're wearing a side swept part, it will definitely hide any of the exposed lace or the hairline if you're not okay with how it looks. It'll be really smooth, AND you don't have to worry about styling your own hair.

:yay: 18 MONTHS POST...!!! :yay:

Now, I will look forward to 20 months post, then 22 months post, then my ultimate 24 months post will cause for a celebration. Afterwards, who knows...?!?!

Oh ok well you're the wig queen so I'm sure you'll figure it out. Keep us posted!

Hi All,

How do I change my avatar? I mean, what exactly do I click and where is it located? I have an actual hair photo I'd like to post.

TIA

I was close to the point of getting a relaxer this past week. I really don't want to perm my hair. I am just frustrated. My new growth has been extremely tangly and I am losing way more hair than i'd like. I was wearing a wig but it was thinning out my already thin edges. I have been trying one product after another to no avail. In an act of desperation, I ordered a pound of shea butter and African black soap. After scouring the internet I made a whipped shea butter cream and shampoo out of the soap. Oh my gosh, my hair loves both and they are also great on my face and body! I think I am going to stick to everything natural for a month to see how it goes and keep my regimin really simple.

I was close to the point of getting a relaxer this past week. I really don't want to perm my hair. I am just frustrated. My new growth has been extremely tangly and I am losing way more hair than i'd like. I was wearing a wig but it was thinning out my already thin edges. I have been trying one product after another to no avail. In an act of desperation, I ordered a pound of shea butter and African black soap. After scouring the internet I made a whipped shea butter cream and shampoo out of the soap. Oh my gosh, my hair loves both and they are also great on my face and body! I think I am going to stick to everything natural for a month to see how it goes and keep my regimin really simple.

What's the recipe for the soap? I'd like to give it a try. I love my shea butter mix!

Back