New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

Finally made it to 8 months. another 10 to go, which should come in no time. I have been thinking that when that time comes around, I may continue to transition and take it a month at a time though. I don't want to lose any length until I am comfortable.

Thats pretty much my plan. At first i said 18 month - 2 year, but that came so fast.

Now I'm just going until it gets to a certain length (don't ask me what that is) and I'll trim it to maintain that length

Thats pretty much my plan. At first i said 18 month - 2 year, but that came so fast.

Now I'm just going until it gets to a certain length (don't ask me what that is) and I'll trim it to maintain that length

how long is your NG now at 19 months post?

thanks ladies... i want to chop so bad ...i will hold out for 7 more months until i become 24 months post... now i'm looking through the hair typing post to find a twin or buddy...should i post in 4a, 4a/4b, or 4a/3c? thanks.. i dont care which one i fall into...just wanna find someone to guide for help buying products ...so ladies let me know my type

So I got into it with my best friend last night about me cutting my hair. She has been bugging me for months to get a short bob when I've told her repeatedly that I'm not cutting my hair until I'm at the length that I want to be (natural hair that is). She proceeds to tell me that her stylist told her I'm stunting my growth by keeping the relaxed ends on. Ummm hello! I wouldn't have as much natural hair as I do if that was the case. After I told her I don't believe her stylist, I'm not cutting my hair, and I want to be able to wear my own hair for the wedding, she says "whatever you wanna do.Don't listen as usual". I lost it. I told her "how the hell YOU gonna get an attitude with ME about MY hair b/c I don't wanna do what YOU want me to do???" She's on the brink of being pulled out of my wedding for real. She's already trying to tell me what to do with my wedding, and now this???

Girl!!!!:mad:.....pull chick out the weddin and move along with life!!!!!....what is she doing being your friend anyway? She sounds like a control freak who is very illiterate about hair....maybe other things for that matter:nono:.

Hi ladies.
I've been watching from the sidelines, but since I'm not going back to relaxing I might as well join you for support.

1. How far into the transition are you? 8 months
2. Whats your transition goal? 18 months - maybe :look:

I was natural up until 2005 when I decided to texlax for better manageability. In '09 I decided to go a bit straighter but ended up getting bone-laxed and have not been satisfied with my hair since.

Now I have a 3-4 inches of new growth and need to learn how to style with 2 textures.

1. How far into the transition are you? 8.5 months

2. Whats your transition goal? 12 months or maybe apl natural.

I wanna BC but I'm terrified! I am wearing a sew in now and will try to post texture shots once I take this out. This thread is very helpful and thanks for the support that you ladies give. Even though I am a lurker just reading your post keeps me inspired to continue my journey.

HHJ all!

i'm 21 months into my transition.
my transition goal was 24-48 months originally.
i really don't want short hair, and am truly scared to bc. i originally didnt want to bc, but just wanted to slowly cut away my relaxed ends. however, as i've written in previous posts, i got highlights last april, and wow.... not only did it damage my hair, but i've realized most of the middle of my hair has completely broken off where the color was. i was just realizing this while rollersetting my hair, as i usually wash and bun for the last few months. uggghhh..... so i think my transition goal will now be 26 months. i'm planning to bc june 2011.

thanks ladies... i want to chop so bad ...i will hold out for 7 more months until i become 24 months post... now i'm looking through the hair typing post to find a twin or buddy...should i post in 4a, 4a/4b, or 4a/3c? thanks.. i dont care which one i fall into...just wanna find someone to guide for help buying products ...so ladies let me know my type

Stephluvshair, your post has really motivated me to keep transitioning. I'm always on the verge of BCing. :look:

So I got into it with my best friend last night about me cutting my hair. She has been bugging me for months to get a short bob when I've told her repeatedly that I'm not cutting my hair until I'm at the length that I want to be (natural hair that is). She proceeds to tell me that her stylist told her I'm stunting my growth by keeping the relaxed ends on. Ummm hello! I wouldn't have as much natural hair as I do if that was the case. After I told her I don't believe her stylist, I'm not cutting my hair, and I want to be able to wear my own hair for the wedding, she says "whatever you wanna do.Don't listen as usual". I lost it. I told her "how the hell YOU gonna get an attitude with ME about MY hair b/c I don't wanna do what YOU want me to do???" She's on the brink of being pulled out of my wedding for real. She's already trying to tell me what to do with my wedding, and now this???

"Girl, this is MY wedding and you will either be a part of it or not!" (Looking her straight in the eyes and not flinching.)

Okay, maybe I'm crazy :drunk: but...lately I have been thinking of not chopping EVER :lachen:I'm still riding high from my end of 2010 progress (honestly I don't think my hair has ever been this long). My hair seems to be retaining pretty well and I'm just wondering if I'm going to be willing to part with those inches once I get to my "natural goal". I mean if the ends became atrocious at some point, I'd be willing to cut them, but for now I just can't see myself chopping off all that hair. I'm starting to really feel like I have long hair :lachen:

Tell me I'm not the only one who feels (or has felt) like this...

So maidzilla has backed off big time. I had to let her know that she really pissed me the F off and she was about to catch an issue. It's my hair, I don't give a crap what anyone suggests, and I'm gonna do what I want. Her stylist ain't the massiah of naturals. My hair wouldn't be in the shape it is now if I wasn't doing what's best for it. She knows now not to mention my hair EVER again :lachen:

Okay, maybe I'm crazy :drunk: but...lately I have been thinking of not chopping EVER :lachen:I'm still riding high from my end of 2010 progress (honestly I don't think my hair has ever been this long). My hair seems to be retaining pretty well and I'm just wondering if I'm going to be willing to part with those inches once I get to my "natural goal". I mean if the ends became atrocious at some point, I'd be willing to cut them, but for now I just can't see myself chopping off all that hair. I'm starting to really feel like I have long hair :lachen:

Tell me I'm not the only one who feels (or has felt) like this...

No, you're not the only one. I've felt this way but I think what will happen to me is that I'll get so sick and tired of dealing with the two textures that I'll just cut the relaxed ends off at some point. When that will be remains to be seen.....

So maidzilla has backed off big time. I had to let her know that she really pissed me the F off and she was about to catch an issue. It's my hair, I don't give a crap what anyone suggests, and I'm gonna do what I want. Her stylist ain't the massiah of naturals. My hair wouldn't be in the shape it is now if I wasn't doing what's best for it. She knows now not to mention my hair EVER again :lachen:

You tell her, Nikki!! :lachen:

Ladies with relaxed ends,

How are you handling the ends when NOT using heat and you're not bunning?

My ends are soo straight that they don't want to do anything. I cannot twist because they unravel, and it's a struggle to keep them wrapped around perm rods and those bendable things.

Could some of you share how you're managing? I'm most sticking with updos because I'm challenged. Thanks.

Ladies with relaxed ends,

How are you handling the ends when NOT using heat and you're not bunning?

My ends are soo straight that they don't want to do anything. I cannot twist because they unravel, and it's a struggle to keep them wrapped around perm rods and those bendable things.

Could some of you share how you're managing? I'm most sticking with updos because I'm challenged. Thanks.

I have been wigging it because of this issue. I have an alright braidout today after airdrying my hair while banded but way too much work. I actually need to find a wig and prep it for the week.

Below is my transitioning hair pics of my new growth. I hope you can see them. I think I'm 4a but not sure. In some of the pics it looks like I don't have a curl pattern. And one looks like my relaxed hair broke off.
ETA: Sorry for the huge pics....

6c42a924-534f-ae3c.jpg

6c42a924-5363-a0f4.jpg

6c42a924-537a-726a.jpg

6c42a924-538e-bd5d.jpg

6c42a924-53a5-1394.jpg

6c42a924-53b8-61b2.jpg

6c42a924-53c9-9bcb.jpg

6c42a924-53da-4cd7.jpg

6c42a924-53eb-7378.jpg

6c42a924-5407-309d.jpg

6c42a924-5416-a6a6.jpg

Sorry for so many pics :)

Sent from my PG06100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Last edited:
time to braid my hair up for my half wig for the week. going to wash my daughters hair and try out the deep moisture method when she gets home.

Thanks so much... I really want to be natural so bad lol... your hair looks great also. I posted pics..in this thread...do you know my hair type?

I believe I'm a 4a but not sure.

ETA: Now that I can read....I believe you may be a 3C but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
1. How far into the transition are you?
18.5 months or so

2. Whats your transition goal?
2-3years? not sure... i'm going with the flow :look:

wow! Sheryl your hair beautiful. i just skimmed ur fotki and u have some beautiful waves... my hair is looser than yours and i so jealous of ur hair lol.... i looked @ the 4a hair type thread... and i think ur right.. u might be a 4a ... lovely hair

I am 7 months post today!!! YAY! My hair has been getting on my nerves lately & I have been fighting the urge to BC...so I got my friend to put some cornrows in & I did some crochet braids all by myself! I am so freaking proud of myself...I am hair-styling challenged, but I have come a LONG way :grin: Transitioning has forced me to build up some new skills, so I am grateful for that unexpected benefit of this natural hair journey :yep: I ran out of hair, so tomorrow when I finish up the last bit of my crown area, I'll post pics! I plan to keep the style for 6 weeks...then maybe do it for another 6 weeks after a 1 wk break.

1. How far into the transition are you? 11 months post.
2. Whats your transition goal? Sigh idk... somewhere btwn 18 and 22 months...

NikkiQ, you are so funny! But I totally agree :yep: I am curl obsessed...pretty much the reason I am going natural :lol: Dapnie, your curls are very pretty :love: I can't wait to see all us "transitioners" 100% natural in all our curly glory!!! :ohsnap: Watch out now :grin:

I want a new half wig the ones I have are pretty old at this point and should be tossed. I saw a syn yaki lacefront on hairsisters for like $10 I might pick that up soon.

Back