New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

will be applying my growth aids tonight...still have some megatek left over will be putting it to use.

I decided to transition today so I'm just marking my spot...I'm 9 weeks post and plan on cutting off about an inch every other month...

For any 4a/b transitioners who have lots of new growth, what are you doing to manage the two textures?

I decided to transition today so I'm just marking my spot...I'm 9 weeks post and plan on cutting off about an inch every other month...

For any 4a/b transitioners who have lots of new growth, what are you doing to manage the two textures?

I'm pretty sure I'm 4a and I'm almost 10 months post. I've been protective styling. It keeps my hair tucked away so I dont have to worry about messing with my hair and breakage. Also I always wash in sections or in braids. It makes it a whole lot easier. I'm hoping to go about another 8 months or so until I BC with PSing.

Okay....so what had happened was.....i got tired of it all. It wasnt hard to transition....but today i'm 8 months post relaxer. And i was like...yay...just 10 more months to go:look:.....and then i thought.....man i'm gonna get there anyway and how cool and macho is it that i chopped off all my relaxed hair?? I've got edge:yep:

But my hair is in shock so i'm currently deep conditioning it....well...sleep conditioning....until tomorrow....but all of my texture seems to be pretty loose....hmmmm.

I'M FREE!!!:woohoo:

Okay....so what had happened was.....i got tired of it all. It wasnt hard to transition....but today i'm 8 months post relaxer. And i was like...yay...just 10 more months to go:look:.....and then i thought.....man i'm gonna get there anyway and how cool and macho is it that i chopped off all my relaxed hair?? I've got edge:yep:

But my hair is in shock so i'm currently deep conditioning it....well...sleep conditioning....until tomorrow....but all of my texture seems to be pretty loose....hmmmm.

I know the feeling must be great! Congrats! Your hair was SOOOOO long, I cant wait to see it grow out again!

I knew you were gonna do it soon!!! I can't wait to see the pics. Congrats SE!

OMG SmilingElephant you know how I am about seeing your pics! I'm gonna stay up until you come back:lachen:

I bet nikki will be next:look:........:lachen:

ETA: This is my scientific hypothesis so don't be mad at me nikkiiiiiii:nono::nono:

^^LOL no I'm not gonna chop anytime soon. As much as I'd love to be a natural bride, I won't have enough hair for my wedding in September for the style I want. It would be the smallest little cottontail puff if I chopped anytime soon :lol:

Ooooh I forgot you were getting married this year! Congrats again! How are you planning to wear your hair?

BTW, I figured since you hide your hair and love your wigs so much, one day you were gonna just say "Screw these relaxed ends. My hair is hidden anyway" and get to choppin lol. Honestly, I would if I had the guts but I'm a fraidy' cat.

Still waiting on SE!!

This is my 3rd attempt at transitioning.

1. How far into the transition are you? 6 months
2. Whats your transition goal? another 6 months

Ooooh I forgot you were getting married this year! Congrats again! How are you planning to wear your hair?

BTW, I figured since you hide your hair and love your wigs so much, one day you were gonna just say "Screw these relaxed ends. My hair is hidden anyway" and get to choppin lol. Honestly, I would if I had the guts but I'm a fraidy' cat.

Still waiting on SE!!

I want to have a nice, simple, and elegant bun of some sort with a swooped bang. No way on Earth I'd be able to achieve that if I chopped :lachen:

1. How far into the transition are you? I'm 6 months post and can't wait to be fully natural!

2. Whats your transition goal? sometimes i feel like BCing right now, other times i say i can make it to 12 months... IOriginally i set out to transition for 18 months, but im not that patient :look:

finally renewed my subscription and I wanted to post pics..17 months post TODAY!!!!!

17months.jpg

17 months txt shot 2.jpg

txt shot 3.jpg

hair today.jpg

**** by the way does anyone know how I can change my siggy.. I have been wearing my hair in two braids like the last pic....i love my hair

Last edited:
steph I love your hair. I hope my hair is that long when I get 17 months post!

Going to cowash tomorrow and try to do a twist or braidout.

So I got into it with my best friend last night about me cutting my hair. She has been bugging me for months to get a short bob when I've told her repeatedly that I'm not cutting my hair until I'm at the length that I want to be (natural hair that is). She proceeds to tell me that her stylist told her I'm stunting my growth by keeping the relaxed ends on. Ummm hello! I wouldn't have as much natural hair as I do if that was the case. After I told her I don't believe her stylist, I'm not cutting my hair, and I want to be able to wear my own hair for the wedding, she says "whatever you wanna do.Don't listen as usual". I lost it. I told her "how the hell YOU gonna get an attitude with ME about MY hair b/c I don't wanna do what YOU want me to do???" She's on the brink of being pulled out of my wedding for real. She's already trying to tell me what to do with my wedding, and now this???

So I got into it with my best friend last night about me cutting my hair. She has been bugging me for months to get a short bob when I've told her repeatedly that I'm not cutting my hair until I'm at the length that I want to be (natural hair that is). She proceeds to tell me that her stylist told her I'm stunting my growth by keeping the relaxed ends on. Ummm hello! I wouldn't have as much natural hair as I do if that was the case. After I told her I don't believe her stylist, I'm not cutting my hair, and I want to be able to wear my own hair for the wedding, she says "whatever you wanna do.Don't listen as usual". I lost it. I told her "how the hell YOU gonna get an attitude with ME about MY hair b/c I don't wanna do what YOU want me to do???" She's on the brink of being pulled out of my wedding for real. She's already trying to tell me what to do with my wedding, and now this???

My first few months (or the first year really) I wore twist outs and everyone was trying to ge me to cut my hair. I say do you. I know I don't want short hair. I have the whole rest of my life to be natural. You have to enjoy the journey sometimes. :yep:

a stylist that thinks hair grows from your ends needs not to touch anyone's hair.

@steph welcome back and beautiful, beautiful hair. Also to change your siggy go to where it says "Quick links" in the top and then go down to edit signature.

Finally made it to 8 months. another 10 to go, which should come in no time. I have been thinking that when that time comes around, I may continue to transition and take it a month at a time though. I don't want to lose any length until I am comfortable.

so I cowashed today and supposed I DC'd only rinsed half of my conditioner out and slapped on my DC put on one of those body heat caps and took a nap. Then I decided to cut the relaxed ends off of a section of hair in my crown and after seeing how long my relaxed ends are that was enough for me to hold off on chopping. I was going to blow dry too but it seemed like too much of a chore. banded my hair in three ponies to stretch my growth and will try to do a braid or twist on on dry hair tomorrow.

Back