New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

I'm 22 weeks post today....i thought i was 21 weeks but i recounted on my calendar to make sure.....wow 22 weeks.

If months were accurately counted by weeks i'd say i'd be 6 months post in two weeks....but i'll be officially 5 months post on the 12th.

@Fab Nikki-

You just really inspired me!!! I am almost 30 (in a month) and never knew how to braid, but you really just encouraged me to try! I can do it!!! I am going to get a mannequin and start practicing for when I get my braids taken out next month :) *tear*

Btw, all you guys are inspirational! You keep me believing I can do a long term transition when most ppl around me are telling me to just BC...THANK YOU!

So I'm almost 16 months post. Here are some pics of my hair while pony tail airdrying and some NG shots.

Pic of ponytail
th_IMGP0667.jpg

Next two are closeups of curl pattern

th_IMGP0669.jpg

th_IMGP0670.jpg

@Fab Nikki-

You just really inspired me!!! I am almost 30 (in a month) and never knew how to braid, but you really just encouraged me to try! I can do it!!! I am going to get a mannequin and start practicing for when I get my braids taken out next month :) *tear*

Btw, all you guys are inspirational! You keep me believing I can do a long term transition when most ppl around me are telling me to just BC...THANK YOU!

You are soooo sweet!!! Again I thank you but I only "pay it forward" from the wealth of knowledge I've learned from LHCF. This site has been amazing for me and EVERYONE in this thread has inspired me to keep on keeping on. This is one of my favorite threads to come into, to watch all you ladies fight the good fight while transitioning. YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm almost 16 months post. Here are some pics of my hair while pony tail airdrying and some NG shots.

Pic of ponytail
th_IMGP0667.jpg

Next two are closeups of curl pattern

th_IMGP0669.jpg

th_IMGP0670.jpg

GET IT!!!!!!! pretty curls. Your NG looks like mine. Do you find your hair gets frizzy alot?

Fab_Nikki - I was just going to say that exact same thing. dr.j - that looks EXACTLY like my hair.

If I even think about putting a comb through my hair, it gets frizzy. I think because my strands are so fine. I tried the denman brush one day and was like WOW! It makes a huge difference. My hair is not hard to detangle at all. When my hair gets wet, it is really thin and curly. As it dries, it fills out and frizzes. This is the main reason why I cannot wait for my relaxed ends to be gone because I would just then put on some Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue or Jane Carter Curl Creme, air dry, and the curls will still be there with no frizz. Right now my relaxed would look like limp shoestring fries weighing my NG down if I put in those products.

Fab_Nikki - I was just going to say that exact same thing. dr.j - that looks EXACTLY like my hair.

If I even think about putting a comb through my hair, it gets frizzy. I think because my strands are so fine. I tried the denman brush one day and was like WOW! It makes a huge difference. My hair is not hard to detangle at all. When my hair gets wet, it is really thin and curly. As it dries, it fills out and frizzes. This is the main reason why I cannot wait for my relaxed ends to be gone because I would just then put on some Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue or Jane Carter Curl Creme, air dry, and the curls will still be there with no frizz. Right now my relaxed would look like limp shoestring fries weighing my NG down if I put in those products.

TruMe OMG we are hair twins lol I consider myself a 3C/4a mix and my hair does the EXACT same thing as yours. Everytime I wash my hair I eyeball those stringy ends, I am sick of them too.

do you ladies use a detangler? and if so, which? I'll be 6 months post this month and I'd like to have one in my stash in cash combing through after the braids come out gets a wee bit harder.

I was using Mane N Tail and it just up and walked away.. Cannot find it anywhere.. I just use lots of conditioner to detangle now.. I am 10 months post.. I use HE, Tressemme, Suave and I plan to try Aussie Moist I heard that was a great detangler..

I was using Mane N Tail and it just up and walked away.. Cannot find it anywhere.. I just use lots of conditioner to detangle now.. I am 10 months post.. I use HE, Tressemme, Suave and I plan to try Aussie Moist I heard that was a great detangler..

I think I may give it a try down the line. The braids are gonna start getting a little harder to detangle I'm sure. Right now, I just soak them with EVOO before I take them down and detangle in sections. I wonder if I can put the MNT on the braids the night before I take them down and let it soak through. Hmmm...

TruMe and Fab_Nikki - YES! Frizz city! That's why my braidouts don't work anymore. I'm glad that I'm not alone :dizzy:

24 weeks today ladies!!! :woot:

Did anyone's HHJ start to get a little difficult around this time? Mine is going very smoothly so I think I'm gonna be paranoid from here on out :lol:

Checkin' in at 10 months come tomorrow. I am in LOVE with my curls and waves and cannot wait to be au naturale!

Did anyone's HHJ start to get a little difficult around this time? Mine is going very smoothly so I think I'm gonna be paranoid from here on out :lol:

It didn't get hard I just had to switch my reggie and products up. Once I found the right products, everything was smooth sailing again.

I AM OFFICIALLY 11 MONTHS POST

:dance7::band2::weird::creatures:band::bud::bouncy:

From and including: Saturday, November 7, 2009
To, but not including : Sunday, October 10, 2010

It is 337 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 11 months, 3 days excluding the end date

Alternative time units
337 days can be converted to one of these units:
•29,116,800 seconds
•485,280 minutes
•8088 hours
•48 weeks (rounded down)

:giggle:

I didn't have a rough time at 24 weeks.. Acutally I been doing great so far.. I'm at 43 weeks.. Had maybe 2 rough times when trying to detangle. Now I have that down and tonight my detangling process went so smooth.

Still have a ways to go, but officially 4 months post today! :woot: So far, so good. Kinky Curly's Knot Today leave-in is my ish now. That stuff is AMAZING for detangling and my hair feels so moisturized when I use it.

Congrats to all the ladies still transitioning, hang on until you reach your goals. I'm still holding on strong myself especially since my regimen has become a little more simplistic since the beginning of the fall. I co-wash/ DC 1x a week, shampoo 1x a month, moisturize and seal daily, baggy at least 3x a wk, and I'm hiding my hair. I'm still considering doing my BC at 16 mths but I'm not sure we'll see.
KUTGW ladies!

Back