New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

Chelz....Hey Girl!:wave:....i LOVE your squigglies!!....i can't wait to be that far along in my transition.....its going faster than i thought it would tho.....i can't believe i'm past my 5 month mark!!!:blush: I'll be half a year post next month on the 12th!!

I'm officially SEVEN months post!! :weird::weird:

My roommate just did her BC and she got her last relaxer a week before mine. I'm just glad she weaved it up so I didnt get a chance to see it otherwise I would have the BIGGEST temptation to cut my hair. I'm still going strong though. I've been contemplating on if I should do a BC or not and I figured out that I would BC. I know my hair will grow back so I shouldn't be too worried. So I've officially set the date for May 19th. Exactly 14 months post relaxer to do it. That way I'll have ALL summer to wear it out and figure out stuff to do with it and when I come back to school, I'll have a BAA. So I'm at my midway point and SO excited. HHG Everybody!

Miryoku Congrats:flowers:!!!

I sat down last nite and did some calculating and i figured sometime in 2012 i should feel comfortable enough to do a big chop....hopefully i'll be APL/BSL stretched by that time.:yep:....thats according to the average growth per month tho:)

I finger comb in the shower after all this time just 2 weeks ago and that was with Aussie Moist.. Could never do that with any other conditioner.. When it comes to styling I have to use something else to put my hair in a bun..

I did my 2nd time trying a twist out last night it turned out great.. I used Darcy Bontanticals Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream, Taliah Waajid Lock it Up and Kimmay's Tube leave in.. I know a lot of products but I only used a little bit of each one and today no frizz and I have moisture.. Yesterday it was frizzy and dry looking so I think the styling Cream had a lot to do with it.. The less you handle your twist the better.. I think that causes them to frizz up.. I only touched my twist once and it turned out great.. Yesterday I had my hand all in my head trying to get those twist right and it was a mess.

Miryoku Congrats:flowers:!!!

I sat down last nite and did some calculating and i figured sometime in 2012 i should feel comfortable enough to do a big chop....hopefully i'll be APL/BSL stretched by that time.:yep:....thats according to the average growth per month tho:)

Girl youll be 7 months post in December, plus the whole year in 2011, will make a whopping 19 months!!! So in May 2012 you would be 2 years post! :woot:

Ill be 2 years post in June...

I'm so happy and excited about my transition tho!:laugh:....i feel i'll be in the big league once i hit the double digits in months....10 months post...etc.

I'm actually having fun with it though.....i'm trying to figure out which hair product companies i'll be loyal to once i am 100% Natural in 2012!!:grin:....so far i'm diggin Oyin ya'll.....i'm SO ready to order everything in their store!!!

Who's been to one of their bottling parties??

Nice growth, brg! If I have that much at 24 months, I probably will BC. But I'm still debating if I'll go longer (36months)
Thankyou, my friend told me she would have been cut off her ends. Well hopefull you'll have even more growth. I'm starting to get antsy.

brg240, you have just inspired me to keep going another year,that is some awesome hair
Thanks, and good luck :) How many months are post?

Chelz your hair is gorgeous. :love3: all your curls and waves are perfect. Also, your 4th pic looks like just like some of mine. partial hair twin maybe?

I'm so happy and excited about my transition tho!:laugh:....i feel i'll be in the big league once i hit the double digits in months....10 months post...etc.

I'm actually having fun with it though.....i'm trying to figure out which hair product companies i'll be loyal to once i am 100% Natural in 2012!!:grin:....so far i'm diggin Oyin ya'll.....i'm SO ready to order everything in their store!!!

Who's been to one of their bottling parties??

I want to try Qhemet Biologics!!!! :grin:
Oh and some of those shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley All Natural Handmade Soap :pulpdance:

Chelz your hair is gorgeous. :love3: all your curls and waves are perfect. Also, your 4th pic looks like just like some of mine. partial hair twin maybe?

Thank you! :)

And Oooooo! Partial hair twin! Do you have any pics? :click:

Last edited:
I want to try Qhemet Biologics!!!! :grin:
Oh and some of those shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley All Natural Handmade Soap :pulpdance:

Thank you! :)

And Oooooo! Partial hair twin! Do you have any pics? :click:

Chelz I'm thinkin about them too...:grin:....i know i'm gonna be such a PJ during this transition:laugh:....Hey Chelz....you know how i was talkin bout trying that Mocha Madness Conditioner by Organix???

Chile i done read the ingredients on the Vanilla Silk conditioner and it has cones in it....and since i've been transitioning i've found that my hair HATES cones!!!....So i'm using up the VS bc i love how it smells...but for some reason i get more tangles and matting in my hair with cones than if i was to go coneless...so sadly i'm giving up on the Organix...cuz they LIED!!!! It ain't organic!!!!!:fistshake:

And i never did try the Mocha Madness. :(

You know the longer I transition, the longer I want to transition. At first I said 2 years, but thats so close (next May) and I'm thinking maaaaaaybe I want to go a little longer

I am still in these braids and I have a slight urge to take them out,but I'm actually pretty comfy with them. As long as my braids themselves are in tact, I can rock them til they come loose on their own lol. I might text my stylist in a bit and line up my appointment for Nov. 6th or Nov. 13th. Who knows...

This week I'm wearing my hair in its flat-ironed state. I am bored with it and itching to use my Darcy Botanicals. It has so much bounce to it but I want my curlies. I can't wait until my 1 year postaversary. I think I might cry. Just random thoughts :D

Chelz I'm thinkin about them too...:grin:....i know i'm gonna be such a PJ during this transition:laugh:....Hey Chelz....you know how i was talkin bout trying that Mocha Madness Conditioner by Organix???

Chile i done read the ingredients on the Vanilla Silk conditioner and it has cones in it....and since i've been transitioning i've found that my hair HATES cones!!!....So i'm using up the VS bc i love how it smells...but for some reason i get more tangles and matting in my hair with cones than if i was to go coneless...so sadly i'm giving up on the Organix...cuz they LIED!!!! It ain't organic!!!!!:fistshake:

And i never did try the Mocha Madness. :(

Awwww :(

Yeah its not all organic...if you go in Walmart its never in the organic/natural section, its always in the regular section. There are a few organic ingredients in there, and I do mean A FEW :lachen:

You should try Giovanni if you dont like cones, and the Pantene curly series has cones but its the bomb! I prefer it over HE.

I never found that mocha madness...I saw the cucumber yogurt one but I bought the coconut one since I ALWAYS see it, they even have it in big $10 bottles now, :rolleyes: I'm going to use it as a strenghtening/protein condish. Ya know, are you sure its the cones that your new growth doesnt like? That vanilla silk has those silk proteins in it...maybe your relaxed hair liked the protein but your new growth is protein sensitive...:scratchch

:sekret: BTW, How are them aMinals doing? :sekret: :lachen:

You know the longer I transition, the longer I want to transition. At first I said 2 years, but thats so close (next May) and I'm thinking maaaaaaybe I want to go a little longer

You are exactly one week ahead of me in your transition! :D

Last edited:
I found the LA Jay Wig at my local BSS! I can't wait to get it! Thats the protective style I will be wearing for the winter so I don't have to worry about my hair!

I'm transitioning...again. This time I wont be doing a big chop.

Is this thread going to carry us over into 2011? Has a new one been started?

Last edited:
Awwww :(

Yeah its not all organic...if you go in Walmart its never in the organic/natural section, its always in the regular section. There are a few organic ingredients in there, and I do mean A FEW :lachen:

You should try Giovanni if you dont like cones, and the Pantene curly series has cones but its the bomb! I prefer it over HE.

I never found that mocha madness...I saw the cucumber yogurt one but I bought the coconut one since I ALWAYS see it, they even have it in big $10 bottles now, :rolleyes: I'm going to use it as a strenghtening/protein condish. Ya know, are you sure its the cones that your new growth doesnt like? That vanilla silk has those silk proteins in it...maybe your relaxed hair liked the protein but your new growth is protein sensitive...:scratchch

:sekret: BTW, How are them aMinals doing? :sekret: :lachen:

:laugh:....the aminals is gettin on my last nerve of the century! However; i just got a dog!!! A lil Pomeranian named Mr. Snickers....i call him Snick....he's SUCH a sweetheart and might i add a lil gentleman Lol!! I gotta find him a cute lil tux or something:laugh: Lol!!! And that's something to think about tho....bc my hair doesn't really do well with alot of protein...it makes it feel like scraw...not straw,scraw:yep: lol!!!

That sux....and i wanted to like it so bad.....but cones in general i notice more tangles and a waxy buildup or film....i've been coneless for a while now and i can DEFINITELY see a difference.:yep:

Chelz.....this is my baby!:D

He's the sweetest dog EVER!!! We do just about everything together!!! He barely even barks!

Attachments

• Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4
Today makes 29 weeks/almost 7 months. :grin:

I've had my braids in for about 7 weeks now so I decided to undo one tonight as a little treat/motivator (can you say insane?) :rofl: Anyway, it seems like I got a ton of NG overnight! I did a little twist and my relaxed ends compared to my NG are so pathetic and limp :nono:

I was having perm urges the other day, but this little twist has really helped me. So much that I don't want to re-braid it :sad:

Today makes 29 weeks/almost 7 months. :grin:

I've had my braids in for about 7 weeks now so I decided to undo one tonight as a little treat/motivator (can you say insane?) :rofl: Anyway, it seems like I got a ton of NG overnight!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I did a little twist and my relaxed ends compared to my NG are so pathetic and limp :nono:

:nono: Yeah I hate that too, Sigh....:/ They be lookin all scriveled up...yes, I said scriveled. :look:

I was having perm urges the other day, but this little twist has really helped me. So much that I don't want to re-braid it :sad:

Lol girl what is up with that, sudden inspiration leads to lazyness :lachen:

Hey ladies I'm 68wks post (never thought I would say that) and doing my BC Has been on my mind lately. If I have time this weekend I think I will go for it, too bad my freaking camera is dead and I can't find the charger, so I may just wait because I want to take pictures.

I really can't wait to play with my hair this weekend. :giggle:. I've been wearing it straight all week and I am bored with it. It has swang but I love my curlies more. Plus looking at these thin-ish ends is NOT what I'm use to. Even when I pull it back into a ponytail, its just thin at the tips.

Confession: I love the thread posted weekly about your hair plans for the weekend. I get great ideas from that thread and it motivates me to get it together.

Back