Need opinion on safe sex within relationship debate :)

It's not a deal breaker to me that he tried it because most will. If he didn't respect her wishes to use one, it'd be a different story. They are trainable creatures..:lachen:

I don't understand why people are so careless because of all the diseases that you can't get rid of or better the diseases that you can acquire.

It baffles me that we still have to talk about should we or shouldn't we use condoms, that should be a no brainer.

Every time I here a story a about a married woman contracting a disease from her husband, I wonder why single people are questioning condom use.

Last edited:
interesting. that article terms it "condom coercion." damn shame that this is even a thing. im not sure if i feel worse with matter of fact way its giving suggestions on how to deal with (but continue to have sex with) someone that is pressuring you to do something you dont want to do.

someone that is pressuring you to do something you dont want to do.

This. This is the bottom line why, even though I HATE to be "that person" that's all "leave him girl" my advice on situations with virtual strangers tends this way. Three months is still kind of stranger territory for me. So if he's already pressuring you on some life or death type basic hygiene when he should just be grateful to get it (not saying that the woman doesn't want to have sex too...regardless, he should be thankful he was chosen and govern himself accordingly :look:) then I don't care how sweet and innocent he seems...he might just have to go, chile.

Dicks make men stupid. You could have an AIDS Ph.D M.D. and the moment he gets hard and can stick it in raw he will. Ask even a good man - if they are honest they will admit they will go raw without a thought.

I have a friend over 40 who barely knows this guy, raw dog her. Actually most of her "men" raw dog her....she allows it.

Thank God she hasn't. Caught anything yet.

If you are going to do something like that both parties should be tested and hear their results together.

So people think this woman should feel good about a sexual encounter where a man tried to sneak in unprotected? Ok... :look: I couldn't be with a man who refused to wear condoms and I KNOW I couldn't be with one who didn't respect me enough to address the issue directly. :nono:

This. This is the bottom line why, even though I HATE to be "that person" that's all "leave him girl" my advice on situations with virtual strangers tends this way. Three months is still kind of stranger territory for me. So if he's already pressuring you on some life or death type basic hygiene when he should just be grateful to get it (not saying that the woman doesn't want to have sex too...regardless, he should be thankful he was chosen and govern himself accordingly :look:) then I don't care how sweet and innocent he seems...he might just have to go, chile.

ITA! :lol: I feel like I am always the one to say uh uh! That's a dealbreaker, but I am also called very picky :look:

I appreciate all of the contributions offered in this thread :)

I seem to be the only naysayer in my group. We talked about a woman in the group who is currently in a relationship, about 3 months. They recently started having sex and her man tried to go in unprotected (no condom). She stated she had to put down her foot and then he did. Other than that he seems to be a really great guy, according to her. He has one son that was born within his previous marriage and spent most of his early years married. He is divorced.

People here seem to think he just really trusts her and thinks highly of her to not feel the need to wear one and think it's no big deal. I think it is cause for concern, especially as they are both older, not young at all. Couldn't be me :nono:

What do you ladies think?

What would age have to do with it? Some people are born HIV-positive.

I use to sext and Cam/IM with a guy and one of our big things was talking about sex without a condom.
He would get so worked up.:perplexed

Last edited:
Back