Natural ladies and new growth...

naturalgurl

Any of you naturals out there ever see your new growth? I thought that since I'm natural new growth is no longer something I'll see. Well guess what? I can see the difference. My new growth is like this 1/4" wave so to speak at the roots. After about a week or so it disappears into nappiness. Then about two weeks later there it is again. I think this is new growth. It's even more noticeable when I leave my hair in one style for a while. That wave will be there and it's not hard to see. Any of you other naturals ever see your new growth?

Any of you naturals out there ever see your new growth? I thought that since I'm natural new growth is no longer something I'll see. Well guess what? I can see the difference. My new growth is like this 1/4" wave so to speak at the roots. After about a week or so it disappears into nappiness. Then about two weeks later there it is again. I think this is new growth. It's even more noticeable when I leave my hair in one style for a while. That wave will be there and it's not hard to see. Any of you other naturals ever see your new growth?

Interesting! I must say, I don't see that. My newgrowth shows up as a different color, since I've been hennaing - never noticed a different texture!

Hmmm I never really paid much attention to it. All I notice is my curls/coils start out tight and as it grows, it softens into like soft S waves from what I've seen so far(like my siggie). I guess this can be accounted to as that new growth huh? Didn't too much even think about that.

I can tell.. especially when I wash it... it has a slight sheen too it unlike the rest of the strand. and also if I wear kinky twist.. I can really see it coming in at the roots.

I can't really see mine (unless I have extensions) but I can FEEL mine. It feels smoother and silkier than the rest of my hair even though it's the same texture.

I see nothing. It looks like my hair hasnt grown in a month even though I know its impossible but it just doesnt show. gah!

I did notice a wave at my roots this week after wearing two big flat twists for a week. I wondered if it was new growth.

I guess I'm with the majority - I dont notice anything unless I have been wearing extensions.

My hair texture and colour remains the same - coily, curly, kinky, wavy. The whole enchilada :grin:

hmmm.. I co wash daily and wear cornrows for 2 weeks at a time. Its hard for me to really see a difference.
I do have a couple of grays that haven't been touched up by henna and I can see the color change in them.

I have this problem too. well I don't neccessarily think it's a problem.:blush: I tried finding something on it and couldn't. There is one thing I notice. My new growth looks like my moms hair and the rest is like my dads. maybe it's something genetic.

Back