msm and hair texture...

inthepink

Ok, I'm going to ask a really dumb question so prepare...

First, how much msm have you all taken to see a difference in your new growth - texture-wise?

Now, my dumb question. What happens to your new growth if that texture is already loose? Like - what if you have wavy new growth already instead of curly, then does it become an even looser wave?

Ok, don't throw shoes at me...
confused.gif

No shoes here...
laugh.gif

First, how much msm have you all taken to see a difference in your new growth - texture-wise?

The kaire (Opti)MSM was pretty potent for me. I took only 1,000mg to see a difference. I am now taking 4,000mg of KALAHealth OptiMSM since my last touchup (about 4 weeks ago) so I haven't seen any new growth yet... If I don't see results like I saw with the kaire, I will switch back to kaire (and juggle some of my vitamins). I only switched off of it because it is a complex with other B vitamins and I am already taking a super B complex.

Now, my dumb question. What happens to your new growth if that texture is already loose? Like - what if you have wavy new growth already instead of curly, then does it become an even looser wave?

If your hair texture is already loose, it will become more loose (and softer). My waves became looser. Shoot, I think that MSM is one of the main reasons why I am transitioning
smile.gif

Are you noticing these differences with the MSM that you are taking?

Chichi
bdance.gif

I've been taking MSM for three months and the only thing it has done for me is decreased shedding (which is a good thing
smile.gif
). My texture didn't change at all. I'm gonna stick with it though.

The kaire cost me like $25 for a month's supply. The KALAHealth was the same for a two months supply but contains only MSM. If you do a search on this site for kaire, you will find out where they sell it (don't know if we can give out links...). If you also do a google search for KALAHealth OptiMSM, you will find the site. HTH.

Chichi
bdance.gif

PS This board also has info on MSM and all of its benefits, so you may want to check those threads out too.

Eep! I was just checking the Kaire website since I am running low on MSM.They have really changed it.The MSM packaging looks different and the bottle desription looks slightly different.I hope they haven't changed the formulation!
crazy.gif

Chichi,

I don't know if the msm is the culprit but I've just been noticing differences in my hair. My hair seems to already grow out "straight" for at least half an inch before it bends to wave. That half an inch varies depending on which area of my head. But, I'm noticing that in the past few months, that half an inch is increasing more and more. In some areas, it seems like my hair is straight for about an inch before it bends to wave. I guess it's just freakin' me out a bit. I am only taking 1000mg of the GNC MSM and I've only been on the 1000mg dosage for about 2 weeks now.

Ok, I'm glad my question isn't dumb. I had been planning to up my dosage to "my" maximum dosage of 2000mg next week but I may wait a while longer...

Thanks for replying.

Back