Natural Hair + BKT=SWANG!(pics of course)

That's some jaw dropping loveliness there, before and after:yep::yep::yep:
Thanks so much for the pics - I'm eagerly awaiting updates. I'm 4BB relaxed and this could get me relaxing once a year instead of twice.

Your hair is sooo pretty! I really wanna try it but Im scared its gonna look awkward when its frst done because I dont wear my hair bone straight. hmmmmm well I guess its worth a shot

Your hair is sooo pretty! I really wanna try it but Im scared its gonna look awkward when its frst done because I dont wear my hair bone straight. hmmmmm well I guess its worth a shot
I know I'm going to look crazy for the first 4 days but it's worth it. I plan to flat iron it down with a bang or something interesting LOL

Ok girls, here is another natural 3c/4a hair that took the BKT plunge. I LOVE IT! :love4: These is the BEST stuff ever. I have photos from start to finsh. I bought my treatment from Ebay for $36.50 including shipping. It came with 4oz of both the treatment and the clarifying shampoo. It came super quick. This will be the product that I use. It took about 4 hours total. I took a popsicle break. :lick: The fumes were not bad at all. The only time they got me is when I was flat ironing my hair towards my face. Any questions just ask.

GEDC0311.jpg

My supplies that I used. Not shown: fan, Maxiglide, mirror etc. I used both flatirons.

GEDC0331.jpg

My hair that I had washed the day before. It was dry.

GEDC0342.jpg

After I clarified washed and it was 80% dry, per instructions

GEDC0350.jpg

After treatment was appied. I was to leave it on for 15-20 minutes.

GEDC0359.jpg

After I dried my hair and started the flat iron process. See the difference!

GEDC0362.jpg

All DONE!! Bone straight! Heavy yet light and airy.

GEDC0369.jpg

I treid to show SWANG! Its hard to photo when you do it yourself.

That is my story. I have to wait four days to wash. I tied a scarf loosely around my head when I went to sleep. I will post more pics on Monday after I wash, in this thread. I know that there alot of BKT threads, but I wanted one of my own. :cloud9: I HIGHLY recommend this. For both nautrals and relaxers.

BTW...I used the same bra to track growth. (TMI?)

Beautiful!

That's some jaw dropping loveliness there, before and after:yep::yep::yep:
Thanks so much for the pics - I'm eagerly awaiting updates. I'm 4BB relaxed and this could get me relaxing once a year instead of twice.

It will be GREAT! From my research here and googling, they say relaxed and color treated hair maintain the treatment longer, as opposed to non treated hair. Simce I am natural, it will be every two months for me. You should do it. DO IT! (peer pressure :yep:)

Monday, I will be posting after 4 day washed hair in a WNG and flat iron state with full details and pics. That way, it will give you an idea of want you want for your hair. I LOVE bone straight hair, which is why I LOVE and will continue to do BKT's.

PBL

( Pretty Bra Lady) :giggle:

This is drop dead gowgeous.

Wow. I loved your hair before.... ( I just needed to say that)

But WOW. this is fabulous.

The Relaxer for the new millienium!:yep:

Thank you so much. I like your quote: The relaxer for the new millineium. It is all that and MORE! You should try it :yep:

Great hair! I am thinking about this treatment. I know I can't do it myself. You did a great job!

You can do it, or get a friend to help. If Pinkskates can do ALL of her hair. It is really not bad, just time consuming. It took me about 4 hours. I'll come help ya :yep:

Question for Cuteness:

After you put the keratin solution on your hair, does it seems to make the blow drying step easier so there's is less pulling and tearing etc?

Your hair looks great!

I just bought the same stuff and am waiting for it to arrive.

Question: I have a 2 inch flat iron. Will it still work the same as a 1 inch? Since I know some people use the smaller iron to get close to the scalp.

Another question... When you gonna come do my hair. I want it to look like yours? Ok I kid.... no but really.

Your hair looks great!

I just bought the same stuff and am waiting for it to arrive.

Question: I have a 2 inch flat iron. Will it still work the same as a 1 inch? Since I know some people use the smaller iron to get close to the scalp.

Another question... When you gonna come do my hair. I want it to look like yours? Ok I kid.... no but really.

Anytime girl :yep:. I could use a vacation.:beach: And after you have BKT done, it will look BETTER than mine. Your hair is GORGEOUS, regardless :cup: The babyliss that I used is a one inch. But to make sure I got super close to the scalp, I used my Maxiglide. HTH

Question for Cuteness:

After you put the keratin solution on your hair, does it seems to make the blow drying step easier so there's is less pulling and tearing etc?

The photo of me with my hair pulled back in the red clip is when I had the solution on my head. The hair was easy to comb through at that time. As I started to blow dry, and the solution was drying and it was harder to comb through because it does "coat" the hair. So at that point. I STOPPED trying to comb through it and continue to dry it without manipulation. Then once dry, and I started to flat iron in very small sections. Those small sections were pretty easy to detagle if needed. It probably wont be as "difficult" for a relaxed head doing it. But with us being natural, it is a small hurdle. I think that the next time I will section my hair into 4 or 6 sections. Make sure that they are combed out while they have the solution on them. Sit under a hooded dryer until dry, then flat iron each section. That way even less manipulation. Sorry so long. HTH :yep:

The photo of me with my hair pulled back in the red clip is when I had the solution on my head. The hair was easy to comb through at that time. As I started to blow dry, and the solution was drying and it was harder to comb through because it does "coat" the hair. So at that point. I STOPPED trying to comb through it and continue to dry it without manipulation. Then once dry, and I started to flat iron in very small sections. Those small sections were pretty easy to detagle if needed. It probably wont be as "difficult" for a relaxed head doing it. But with us being natural, it is a small hurdle. I think that the next time I will section my hair into 4 or 6 sections. Make sure that they are combed out while they have the solution on them. Sit under a hooded dryer until dry, then flat iron each section. That way even less manipulation. Sorry so long. HTH :yep:
No :love: that's exactly the kind of information I need because the only part that worries me is the manipulation part with no product on my natural fine strands.

Back