Natural Hair + BKT=SWANG!(pics of course)

what happens if you don't flatiron at 450?

To be honest I don't know. I believe that because the keratin is a coating that has to be "baked" onto the hair, you need that high of temperature. That is based on EVERYTHING that I have read. I did research for about 2 months prior to doing this. There are threads here, and also did my own Googling. I even emailed another salon who does a particular brand, but not the one that I used. They specifically said that it is the upmost importance to use a flat iron with a temperature that high. And I could tell when my hair had not been went over enough times becauses it felt "coated". But when I did, it felt smooth and soft. HTH

YOUR
HAIR
LOOKS
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
what brand did u use? is it formaldehyde free? will you let your hair go back to normal before doing it again? I would love to see pix after you wash to see textures...

I used a brand called OK (Original Keratin) Treatment. I got it off Ebay. It has 1.75% formaldehyde. It will wear off, because it is not changing the structure of my hair, only "coating" it. Kinda like a color rinse. Since I am natural, I am going to do every two months, which is about the average for "virgin" hair, as they refer to it. Those with relaxers or that color or highlight, they can go 3-4 months. It has to do with the porosity of the hair. It can be done over any chemical service. HTH BTW, LOVE you siggy photo. :yep:

It is very pretty - both ways. I think your before hair is similar to mine. Just wondering- Was your hair difficult to straighten before the treatment?

Here is the link to the Ebay seller that I used, and will continue to use. The product comes with a 4oz clarifying shampoo and 4oz keratin treatment. It took 3oz for my hair. That might because it was my first time doing it. I believe that I will be able to get away with 2 oz. Between buying the treatment, the proper flatiron and blowdryer, I only spent less than $100.00 And how much is one trip to the salon? OOOOOKAy. http://cgi.ebay.com/Chocolate-Kerat...trkparms=|301:0|293:1|294:30#ebayphotohosting

Thank you girls for your FABULOUS comments. I don't think (even being on this board) that anyone is more obessed with their hair than me. IMHO. I would not recommend this if I did not think that you wouldn't be as happy as me. I think it would be good for transitioners. After all it is keratin. And what is out hair mostly made of...:yep:

Last edited:
I never thought a clear person's hair could withstand 450 degree temps but they have been getting the BKTs... its interesting to me that their hair could take the heat, it must have something to do with the treatment.

Niiice! Cleary I do not visit this forum enough. Can you work out with this process and your hair not revert back to curly, if so, I need to look into this. :yep:

It is very pretty - both ways. I think your before hair is similar to mine. Just wondering- Was your hair difficult to straighten before the treatment?

Are you my hair twin? :grin: No my hair wasn't difficult to straighten before at all. Thanks to my Maxiglide. But you know, I never got this type of SWANG with flatiron. Even with minimal product. The SWANG is unbelieveable. Boy, and I thought I got weave comments before. :ohwell:

Niiice! Cleary I do not visit this forum enough. Can you work out with this process and your hair not revert back to curly, if so, I need to look into this. :yep:
There are a few threads and some natural 4a/b like me who are able to workout with little to no reversion. That's why I'm going to do the treatment myself.

Are you my hair twin? :grin: No my hair wasn't difficult to straighten before at all. Thanks to my Maxiglide. But you know, I never got this type of SWANG with flatiron. Even with minimal product. The SWANG is unbelieveable. Boy, and I thought I got weave comments before. :ohwell:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:Get ready to show your scalp!!

I never thought a clear person's hair could withstand 450 degree temps but they have been getting the BKTs... its interesting to me that their hair could take the heat, it must have something to do with the treatment.

I think its kinda like your hand in an oven mitt. The keratin is taking the brunt of the heat from your hair, sealing in moisture. Like when you put on an oven mitt to take a roast out of the oven. Does that make sense? :scratchch

Quick question. What would happen if you decided to wash it out b4 the 4th day? Would it be kinda like texturized hair, because thats the look that I would be going for.

Your hair looks tha bomb BTW!!

Quick question. What would happen if you decided to wash it out b4 the 4th day? Would it be kinda like texturized hair, because thats the look that I would be going for.

Your hair looks tha bomb BTW!!

Thanks so much.. To be honest, I don't know, because I was looking at it as an alternative to a relaxer. I believe that I read it loosens the curl, but I don't know how much. If you saw my photos at the begininng of the thread, I am going to compare the two with more pics on Monday. I am going to do a WNG look and and a straight flat iron look. HTH

Thanks so much.. To be honest, I don't know, because I was looking at it as an alternative to a relaxer. I believe that I read it loosens the curl, but I don't know how much. If you saw my photos at the begininng of the thread, I am going to compare the two with more pics on Monday. I am going to do a WNG look and and a straight flat iron look. HTH

Dont forget to post ur pics on monday!!! I wanna see!! :grin:

LOL - it is quite possible. We definitely have the wave thing going on. I just wondered because I'm able to get the swang with a blowout. I only do it sparingly though bc the heat is :blush:

LOL at the weave comments. Hey, if you got it....

Thank you for your pics and your review, cutie.

Question: What exactly do you like about your results? How is it different from when you ordinarily flat-iron?

Stunning, I absolutely love your results. I am going to have it done at a salon next month, and after seeing your pics I can't wait.

PBL

( Pretty Bra Lady) :giggle:

This is drop dead gowgeous.

Wow. I loved your hair before.... ( I just needed to say that)

But WOW. this is fabulous.

The Relaxer for the new millienium!:yep:

Back