Name you Favorite Leave-In conditioner ladies...

HoneyDew

Name your Favorite Leave-In conditioner ladies...

I want to know what you guys are using as your after shampoo/condition leave-in.

NOT YOUR DAILY MOISTURIZER. I am talking the product you put in before airdrying, setting or applying any heat protectants or moisturizers or anything.

I am a faithful Fermodyl 233 or 619 extra strength user. My hair absorbs this stuff like no tomorrow. As I massage it in, my hair does not drip like you expect it to when a liquid is applied. It dries softly and neer leaves build up. My hair stay moisturized longer than when I don't use it. I buy these by the dozen!

What's yours and what do you love about it?

If you don't use one, tell why, I'm interested!

Last edited:
I'm natural, but my favorite leave ins are Giovanni Direct, Elucence, MOP, and Cantu Shea Butter Leave in.

My favorite is Salerm 21 hands down. Never lets me down. I would say NTM silk touch leave in comes a very close second. :D

Smooth N Shine Leave in treatment mixed with castor oil, the one in the little tubes...they sell it in Duane Reade also in the bigger bottles

ETA: It makes my hair really soft and thickens it up. It also stops breakage.

Last edited:
BBD Stretch is mine! Love it! It's waterbased and very light weight. I keeps my hair in tip top condition ;)

I'm loving Giovanni vitapro fusion which is just a liquid form of the direct (cream)...they are both awesome. I mix them to get a different consistency.

LadyJay114 said:
Infusium 23 has surprisingly done very well in my hair:)

Really? I have two HUGe bottles of this but am afraid to use it. I heard people got a lot of breakage from it:(

But Im running low on my keracare leave-in and I made a vow to not buy another product until I use up (or throw out) whats already in my closet.

Do you use a lot? Mist or spray? Do you heatstyle or airdry? Thanks:)

macherieamour said:
Really? I have two HUGe bottles of this but am afraid to use it. I heard people got a lot of breakage from it:(

But Im running low on my keracare leave-in and I made a vow to not buy another product until I use up (or throw out) whats already in my closet.

Don't be scared macherieamour! I use it before I put on my moisturizers and have for years (when I wasn't being lazy) I used to heat style, but now I am strictly airdrying. You will like it!

macherieamour said:

I use the Infusium 23 Heat Activated formula.

I kinda spray on (from the bottle) alot b/c I have a thick head of hair. I usually blow dry, but my last rollerset (Wednesday) came out really good! I used the Infusium and a little bit of room temperature water from a spray bottle. My hair was very soft and bouncy.

I must say, I also think that the conditioner I'm using (Capilo Sole and Cinnamon) is really helping as well. Maybe the combo of the two (Capilo and Infusium) is right for my hair.

I like the Giovanni Direct Leave In (both the spray and the creamy versions).... I'm excited that I have a favorite product now! I've gone up a notch in my transitioning journey!

macherieamour said:

Girl! Try the turquoise labeled formula. :yep: That is the moisturizing one. It still is protein rich, but its alot more toned down. You can also dilute any one of them with water and be fine. The brown formula (original) is definitely crunchy city, unless you dilute it. :lol:

You can have my kera care leave in if you want it, too! I know you're a big fan!

Sistaslick said:
Girl! Try the turquoise labeled formula. :yep: That is the moisturizing one. It still is protein rich, but its alot more toned down. You can also dilute any one of them with water and be fine. The brown formula (original) is definitely crunchy city, unless you dilute it. :lol:

You can have my kera care leave in if you want it, too! I know you're a big fan!

GOOOOD! I got the turquoise one and the brown one. MAybe Ill add some oils and dilute the brown one....I love experimenting:D

macherieamour said:
GOOOOD! I got the turquoise one and the brown one. MAybe Ill add some oils and dilute the brown one....I love experimenting:D

Macherieamour,

In terms of the KeraCare Leave-In, does it provide good detangling benefits. I use Santa Fe Leave-In Detangler (It's a Silicone Detangler that can be used on horses and humans), but I want to get away from the silicones.

salerm 21 and lacio lacio work well for me. Both leave my hair feeling very light and airy

hot_pepper96 said:
Macherieamour,

In terms of the KeraCare Leave-In, does it provide good detangling benefits. I use Santa Fe Leave-In Detangler (It's a Silicone Detangler that can be used on horses and humans), but I want to get away from the silicones.

Hey mama,

Thats a good question! The only thing is, my hair is always easy to detangle but that may be because I use humecto and the detangling shampoo before the leave-in. Thus, I cant really attribute my detangled hair to the leave-in. Also, my hair is bone strait and sopping wet when i comb it so its never very difficult to get it straighten.

I would ask someone who uses it minus the other products. I just dont wanna give you false info!!!

Sistaslick said:

That's my staple! I tried the more expensive salon brand leave in conditioners and none of them compare to the Infusium (w/the turqoise label).

And when I have a ton of new growth (like I do right now) I spray my roots with sta-sof-fro first then add the Infusium. This makes my hair feel so soft and moisturized!

My favs are:

Nexxus Humectress- on my ends, adds intense moisture to them. But sometimes make my hair too soft, so i have to watch how much I use, doesn't really detangle well either.

Rusk Smoother-Really does smooth my hair well, helps detangle a little too. I love the spicy smell.

Keracare Humecto-I love this as a leave-in. Makes my hair so soft and easy to deal with. I may mix this with rusk smoother if I want to.

I may mix, one, two or all of these together to get my maximum results. I just love to see how each of them work,especially when I am really post relaxer!

I want to try the Keracare leave-in, but I am very satisfied with what I have, I'm such a PJ, I am probably going to get it anyways.

I use two: Bed Head Ego Boost on my ends, and NTM Silk Touch Leave-in on the entire length. They work together to leave my hair soft and my ends strong.

MizaniMami said:
Rusk Smoother-Really does smooth my hair well, helps detangle a little too. I love the spicy smell.

. . .you are making me want to try the Rusk smoother just for the smell.... mmmmm... spicy.....:lol:

Back