Fermodyl 619

Wow. This stuff brings back memories!

I moved from that to Goldwell vials when I was relaxed......

I guess I have moved on..............

Thanks AllieCat ! A Big Shout Out to LaidBak and Tiffers :bouncegrewho was discussing this product with me just this week. After reading this Thread I did go on e-bay and Purchased a box (12 vials) for $21.98. So, based on the rave reviews from my LHCF Sisters, I am anxious to try it.

I remember the product being a Salon Favorite Back in the Day, but cannot remember if it had numbers then or Not? Anyway, I look forward to incorporating this into my Regimen.

Received my Fermodyl 619 in the Mail Yesterday.:yay: Like 2 Days After Ordering.

Reading all the reviews/posts I am so Anxious to add this one into my current Regimen. I know in the Past, it was heavily used in Salons that Focused Strictly On Hair Health. I remember it well:yep:

Okay Ladies, I just had to report back. I used Fermodyl 619 tonight with a dime size of my Alter Ego Leave-In. After using PC as a Final Rinse.

Just had to tell you, I am really liking Fermodyl. I am feeling: "where have you been all my life?" It's just that good. I will be better able to judge as I continue to use it.

But right now, it feels exceptionally good. Smart purchase and a great addition to my overall regimen.:yep:

Okay Ladies, I just had to report back. I used Fermodyl 619 tonight with a dime size of my Alter Ego Leave-In. After using PC as a Final Rinse.

Just had to tell you, I am really liking Fermodyl. I am feeling: "where have you been all my life?" It's just that good. I will be better able to judge as I continue to use it.

But right now, it feels exceptionally good. Smart purchase and a great addition to my overall regimen.:yep:

I tried Fermodyl 619 the for the first time and I really liked it as well. I didn't use another leave in with it though and my hair felt kinda dry after the first 24 hours. I can't wait to try it again with my normal leave ins though.

My hair was feeling really tangly and brittle before I used it and when I put it on, it was like magic at smoothing my cuticles and making my hair feel smooth and "calm" the comb glided through. It smelled really good too. I'm gonna order a 12 pack and keep using it.

I tried Fermodyl 619 the for the first time and I really liked it as well. I didn't use another leave in with it though and my hair felt kinda dry after the first 24 hours. I can't wait to try it again with my normal leave ins though.

My hair was feeling really tangly and brittle before I used it and when I put it on, it was like magic at smoothing my cuticles and making my hair feel smooth and "calm" the comb glided through. It smelled really good too. I'm gonna order a 12 pack and keep using it.

I really Liked it Too! I am so glad I've made this part of my Regimen.:yep: It is definitely a Keeper! I think it like puts the finishing touch on all of your conditioning and moisturizing.....it's like that last little thing to help seal the deal:giggle:

Fermodyl 619 is a Great Product.:love: I use it weekly with my Creamy Leave-In. It is definitely a staple.

And I hope it doesn't get hard to find, or change the formula etc. I don't want No Drama with this stuff.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I saw a full size bottle of fermodyl at the BSS store the other day. I didn't pick it up b/c they didn't have the 619. The price was like 6.99 for 12oz..I didn't understand that.lol

I love Fermodyl 619! :love: It keeps my hair moisturized and smooth.

I use the 233 sometimes, too, when I want protein.

I haven't used this in more than 20 years. My mom use to put it in my hair after a relaxer. I'm not sure what it did, but she used it faithfully! I use to always be fascinated by the glass tubes they came in-yes glass, not plastic. After you broke the glass on one end , then you would dump the product on the hair and scalp. Only problem I remember having was it all dumped out at once in the same spot!!:blush: It was kinda hard to distribute evenly on the hair. Does anybody have any special ways of applying it to their hair? I'd like to try it again just for old times sake!

Does anybody have any special ways of applying it to their hair? I'd like to try it again just for old times sake!

Cheap me opens one vial at a time and pours it into a 2 oz. spray bottle (the travel kind that sprays a fine mist). This way I can distribute it evenly and I get about 3 uses out of one vial.

I picked up a bottle of this from a local bss today and then I decided to research it on here ( backwards i know :spinning:)
I got it because it is the product I see a lot of ladies using at th doobie spot.
I got a bottle just like the one in the link and it was $5.99 for a 8.4 oz bottle.

Is this the same Fermodyl everyone is raving about in this thread or did I pick up a knock off lol.
My bottle says Fermodyl Interactives Double 0619 Treatment and Shine.

I picked up a bottle of this from a local bss today and then I decided to research it on here ( backwards i know :spinning:)
I got it because it is the product I see a lot of ladies using at th doobie spot.
I got a bottle just like the one in the link and it was $5.99 for a 8.4 oz bottle.

Is this the same Fermodyl everyone is raving about in this thread or did I pick up a knock off lol.
My bottle says Fermodyl Interactives Double 0619 Treatment and Shine.
I'm using the one in the vials. The Fermodyl Interactives in the bottles are different.

SBS-437503

These are the ones I'm using, and I think most LHCF'ers use these too.

So, no ones having a problem with this having sls in it? I was using 619 faithfully until I found out it had sls in it. (bandwagons) :ohwell:

^^SLS turns into a conditioning agent/emulsifier when mixed with certain substances. I'm assuming this is how it's used in Fermodyl, since the product doesn't foam.

The regular 619 doesn't contain SLS, and that's the one I usually use. 619 Extra-Strength and 233 both contain it, though.

^^SLS turns into a conditioning agent/emulsifier when mixed with certain substances. I'm assuming this is how it's used in Fermodyl, since the product doesn't foam.

The regular 619 doesn't contain SLS, and that's the one I usually use. 619 Extra-Strength and 233 both contain it, though.
This is the one I use and love. I think I just saw it on BOGO at Sally's

Oh well, guess I'll be stopping by Sally's tomorrow. They have them buy one get one free again. I'll grab myself 2 3 paks. Thanks ladies!

*wiping brow* Whew! You scared me because this is the ONLY thing that has ever made my hair easy to detangle.

Oh well, guess I'll be stopping by Sally's tomorrow. They have them buy one get one free again. I'll grab myself 2 3 paks. Thanks ladies!
Plus there is a coupon posted around here somewhere for Sallys. I need to print it out.

I'm using the one in the vials. The Fermodyl Interactives in the bottles are different.

SBS-437503

These are the ones I'm using, and I think most LHCF'ers use these too.

OMG, ive been hoodwinked, bamboozled :lachen::lachen::lachen:
I'll have to be on the look out for the real Fermodyl 619 but Im still going to use the Fermodyl 0169 I pick up yesterday. Im assuming its a good product too because almost everyone at any doobie shop Ive ever gone to had that Fermodyl Interactives stuff.

OMG, ive been hoodwinked, bamboozled :lachen::lachen::lachen:
I'll have to be on the look out for the real Fermodyl 619 but Im still going to use the Fermodyl 0169 I pick up yesterday. Im assuming its a good product too because almost everyone at any doobie shop Ive ever gone to had that Fermodyl Interactives stuff.

I came across this product when I was researching the stuff in the vials. One of the old threads on Fermodyl will explain what the difference is. But The stuff in the vials is what I use and love.

Back