Fermodyl 619

Can't say enough Good things about Fermodyl 619 (the Vials). Wonderful Product. Very effective. Definite Staple.

I've been buying a box of 12 for about $25.00 on e-bay (including shipping) on e-bay from LBBS Beauty Supply.:yep:

I tried this for the first time on Sunday. I thought you were supposed to use it alone so after I Dc'ed I put it on and sealed with castor oil. My hair felt so good and looks SHINY like extra bling shiny.My ng is also significantly less puffy and easier to comb thriugh. I realized you're supposed use it along with your regular leave-ins so last night I put on a little S-curl. This morning my hair feels much softer than t usually does when I use S-curl. Me likey.

Wow, I just read the entire thread. This product sounds promising. I am interested in the 07 for fine, limp hair. I will also try the 619. I hope this works.

Wow, it's so funny this thread was recently bumped because Moptop Maven just posted about this in her blog yesterday, I'm going to Sally's this weekend to pick some up!

The Moptop Maven.com | The Premier Source For All Things Creative, Fly & Fashionable: All About Hair: Do You Experience Knots, Tangles & Matting When Wearing Your Hair "Out"? Try This Moisturizing Mist/Leave In Recipe!

That's why I did a search on here to find out more about it. I look forward to trying it out.

I've been using it every since moptop posted about it on lhcf a year ago in her caruso review. Its everything they say it is...a hair strengthener that makes my hair feel more like...well..hair (if that makes since).

Info you might find useful about a few of the formulas.

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-07 Extra Strength(For Fine, Limp, Processed Hair)

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-07 Extra Strength(For Fine, Limp, Processed Hair),Contains molecules that interact and bond with the hair, treating it from the inside out, improves quality and shine. Hair is more receptive to styling and chemical processing. 07 treatment for fine, limp, virgin hair, imparts volume and shine.

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-233(For Double Processed Hair)

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-233(For Double Processed Hair),Contains molecules that interact and bond with the hair, treating it from the inside out, improves quality and shine. Hair is more receptive to styling and chemical processing. 0233 good for double processed hair, treats and conditions, improves porosity.

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-619(For Curly And Coarse Hair)

Fermodyl Leave-In Treatment-619(For Curly And Coarse Hair),Contains molecules that interact and bond with the hair, treating it from the inside out, improves quality and shine. Hair is more receptive to styling and chemical processing. 0619, good for curly, coarse, chemically relaxed hair. Corrects porosity, strengthens, moisturizes and detangles

Forgive me if this question is asked already...each product indicates "Hair is more receptive to styling and chemical processing." My question is....
I'm 16 weeks post and plan to self relax on the 20th. Since I have a lot of new growth and I'm self relaxing I want to make sure that the relaxer takes (not leaving my hair under processes). How can I use this product to get the best out of my relaxer and great results?
Do I put it in right before I relax? Or wash my hair 2 days before I relax with PC and then put this in as a leave in (apply no products until I relax)?

HELP!!!!

:perplexed

I can not find this anywhere! There are no Sally's near me. I've tried two BSS. I'll keep looking tomorrow

I got mine(last batch) from metrobeauty.com the price was cheaper per bottle than Sallys and I got 3ml more per bottle. Please excuse the grammar I'm on my phone

ok so i tried it....not really sure what i'm supposed to be feeling here. i'll give it another shot next time i wash

I have some and mine is in the old packaging.. Not even sure if it has an expiration date.. When I got mine it was buy one get one free.. It's been so long since I used it and I paid $8.99 for 3 long vials.. The vials are shorter now.. I might need to email the company to see how long they can actually last..

I just noticed this was the Roux brand...slow, i know.... I have been using the moisture leave-in spray and i do love it. it's around $9.00 at sally's but with sally's they do regional pricing so the price can vary depending on where you are. I love it. I just bought the capsule in the box. I will try tonight to see how this is.

Yeah, I've managed to pick it up on line 12 per box and it's been more economical for me to do it that way instead of buying the individual vials OR even the pkg. of 3 Vials.

bump

im so MAD i didnt buy another box of these vials!!! i used one tonight after using the roux shampoo, conditioner and mendex. i only needed one vial which TOTALLY shocked me but my hair really took a liking to this.

braided my hair using my honey child type 3 hair cream and carols daughter hair balm on top and im in luuurve!

I bought some yesterday at Sally's. They were buy one get one free. I love them for when I am straightening my hair. I probably would love them any way I style, but I use them primarily when I am straightening.

I think I'm interested in trying this if it wont weigh down fine hair. I usually just deep condition really well and dont used any product to flat iron. Sometimes it causes a few flyaways and a bit of dryness, but to me thats better than having to re do my hair in 3 days b/c its too weighed down. So what do u ladies think, should i try it? the 07... is it still moisturizing? anyone notice the difference btwn 619 and 07?

Yeah, I've managed to pick it up on line 12 per box and it's been more economical for me to do it that way instead of buying the individual vials OR even the pkg. of 3 Vials.

This is how I buy them. There is a bss on ebay that sells them for $21.99. I prefer these over the ones at Sally's because there is less liquid in the vials at Sally's.

wait...are many naturals using this? It's not a leave in condish so what exactly is it and does it have lots of protein (my hair no likey hard protein). I'm confused...it just makes the hair feel good? or does it protect hair from heat or what exactly does it do?

wait...are many naturals using this? It's not a leave in condish so what exactly is it and does it have lots of protein (my hair no likey hard protein). I'm confused...it just makes the hair feel good? or does it protect hair from heat or what exactly does it do?

it has lactic acid that smooths down your hair so you have less frizz. it makes my hair SUPER soft. one vial is all i need for my entire head believe it or not. i have a load of them, stocked up sally's had the bogo.

I have used Fermodyl 619 since the late 1990's when they were still making them in genuine glass vials. Back then, they were only $1.00-1.50 each. It has always worked very well on my relaxed hair, but I haven't used it on natural hair yet. Obviously, due to the huge increase in it's popularity, the prices have SOARED.

1 vial was enough for BSL-MBL hair when I was relaxed, but due to the thickness of my natural hair, I'd probably use 2 vials. Smooths the hair, improves elasticity, and makes it shine. I'm sure it does other things but those are the first things I noticed when I used it on my relaxed hair.

Fermodyl 619 was my go-to after touch-up leave-in restoring treatment I used on my hair. I started using it when I was 15 and got heavy into my own hair care. I did not get a touch-up without using Fermodyl 619 afterwards.:yep:

Last edited:
^ I kind of wish I could still find the glass vials. I was always told that certain products were better suited for glass containers. I don't know if this holds true for Fermodyl.

When you do not use the entire vial how do you store the extra?

I just tried this. I am 1 week post texlax touch up and let me tell you....no tangles (my hair is prone) I will be replacing my Roux porosity control control and corrector with this,as long as this continues. I have the 619 Extra strength and was too chicken to use more that 4 drops per section (4 large sections). It smoothed down my hair/detangling was easy.

I am trying to keep it super simple from the last set back.

blackberry815

I just use it straight. I was under the impression that extra leave-in was not needed.... Oh wait, you mean rinse-off deep conditioners. :spinning: Ok, I'm a bit slow right now, lol. Carry on.:grin:

Back