name 5 things you love to hate about longer hair

Have you ever considered using a bag of wefted hair? You can wrap it around your natural ponytail ball and pin it into place. I prefer those better because when I use the baby, kinky afro curls, I can spread them out better by pinning the wefts at wider angles, therefore making it look bigger.

Getting to a point about 5 inches from my goal where my hair seems to not get any longer and getting terrible breakage.

certain hair products that causes rash on neck.
using more shampoo and conditioner
hair takes longe to dry
people wanting to check hair for tracks
soap and moisturizers gets on hair

1. hair flying onto your lipstick and getting stuck
2. hair getting caught under my purse strap
3. a small section hanging forward , brushing against my cheeck just enough to make me scratch
4.I live in California, so hot, hot, hot!!!
5.My son accidentally pulling it

1. Keeping it out of the way of my bra shoulder strap when I put my bra on.
2. Making sure it doesn't get wet when I wash my face.
3. Always wanting to wear it up to keep it off my neck in hot Atlanta.
4. Trying to find a cute hair style.
5. Having long hair and finding out it's not all that I thought it would be!! -- It's a lot of work!!

1. Having it take so long to dry that I avoided sitting under the dryer.
2. When I don't like when the wind blows and it gets in my lipstick and then leaves a streak on my face
3. Babies grabbing a fistfull of it
4. Compliments by strangers
5. People asking how long it took to grow to the length it is

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Have you ever considered using a bag of wefted hair? You can wrap it around your natural ponytail ball and pin it into place. I prefer those better because when I use the baby, kinky afro curls, I can spread them out better by pinning the wefts at wider angles, therefore making it look bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Karonica. I'm going to have to experiment with that.

1. people assuming it isn't real
2. boyfriend pulls on my hair too much
3. when my hair snaps
4. moving it out of the way everything so it won't snap
5. takes too long to style

my number one thing is people (even strangers) touching it to see if it's real. i hate that!
frown.gif

Shedding would be my# thing. I find these long wavy hairs everywhere, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. This is gross but one day I found this one long hair in my scrambled eggs, knowing it was my own helped me from throwing the hell up!!!!!!
barf.gif

When I'm cleaning up the bathroom, I wipe and wipe and it seems like I'm just wiping more hair onto my surfaces
laugh.gif

I'm loving it though
love.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Caramela said:
This is gross but one day I found this one long hair in my scrambled eggs, knowing it was my own helped me from throwing the hell up!!!!!!
barf.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
That has happened to me, too!! Yuck!! Now when I cook, I try to make sure that my hair is back and up in a ponytail. Jeez, it seems like those hairs just somehow find a way into the food!!
mad.gif
Don't you just HATE when that happens when you eat out???!!!
barf.gif
barf.gif

[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
my number one thing is people (even strangers) touching it to see if it's real. i hate that!
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that too!!

[ QUOTE ]
Maestradiva77 said:
[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that too!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I could deal with that. Someone may wind up getting back slapped. Ya know the reflexes don't stop and think! lol

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
Maestradiva77 said:
[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that too!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I could deal with that. Someone may wind up getting back slapped. Ya know the reflexes don't stop and think! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
laugh.gif

I love that my hair is getting longer, but i had i to choose something that i didnæt like about it:

1. takes longer to dry
2. i have to use more conditioner
3. getting more paranoid about how i treat it, and if i could be doing better.
4. having to wear protective styles to get it to grow longer ... i love wearing my hair down and letting it blow around.
5. ?????

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
Maestradiva77 said:
[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that too!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know! I don't mind someone looking; look until your eyes pop out of your head, but DON'T TOUCH ME! I DON'T KNOW WHERE THOSE HANDS HAVE BEEN!!

Wearing it in a protective style really helps but sometimes I wear a loose tendril or two and I'm noticing it:

Catching a lot in my cell phone antenna (recently bought an ear piece to solve this one)
Rolling up in my car window accidentally (almost panicked that day!
blush.gif
)
Babies grabbing and pulling on my hair
Taking longer to airdry

I love that it's growing longer though!

Re: name 5 things you love to hate about longer ha

I can't comb to the ends in the shower anymore. But I'm not complainin
laugh.gif

Ooh, that's a nice one Supergirl! Have you tried draping it over your shoulder? That's how I do it on both sides.

I'm going to try that Hairlove. Allandra told me that that works well for her. Thanks
wink.gif

Yeah, give it a try. Unless you have very long arms, there's no way to comb your hair straight back.
laugh.gif
Draping it over the shoulder is the way to do it.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I can't comb to the ends in the shower anymore. But I'm not complainin
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had that problem!
laugh.gif

Oh Pebbles,

It'll happen before you know it and you'll look back and think about this thread.
laugh.gif

I thought about this thread as I was out and about today and my hair kept blowing into my face and getting stuck in my lip gloss. *And* I had to keep adjusting it so it wouldn't get caught under my purse strap. But I love it that my hair is getting longer!

Hmmm...I miss having shoulder length hair. This time, God willing, I'm going to let it grow longer instead of cutting it; then I can add my list too.

Funny that this thread was brought back up. I got another one..
When your shedded hair gets into the tub drain and clogs it up. HeHe.

[ QUOTE ]
Maestradiva77 said:
When your shedded hair gets into the tub drain and clogs it up. HeHe.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my #1. I even have this hair catcher thing from BB&B, yet my hair clogs up the drain. It's so freaking annoying!

More:
2) Using more conditioner
3) Can't do quickie washes in the sink anymore

Great thread!
smile.gif

1) I go through conditioner, oils and moisturizers like it's water.
2) Humidity... turns my hair into one gigantic frizzball.
3) People don't believe that my hair is real at times.
4) Tangles!
5) People like to play in my hair. I don't like that
nono.gif

Back