MYHONEY CHILD PRODUCTS

@naturalyogini

Her shipping is high. That's why it's always best to catch her on Sale.

Her BF is usually B1G1 Free or B1G1 50%? I can't remember which?

But folks that 'Haul' from her, usually loves her BF Deals.

$8.00 for 2oz's of product is crazy without the Shipping and even with Free Shipping.:spinning:

You would do better getting a Full-Sized Jar from CM or someplace like that during a Free Ship + 20% off Sale.

I just pulled up my order confirmation e-mail from last Black Friday, and at the time I placed my order, her 8 oz. products were all 50 % off with free shipping. I got a nice haul ... :toocool: I think it was a very limited time frame sale though...
My hair likes her products.:hair:
If she's rolling like that again this year, I'll be there... :auto:

Picked up another Buttery Soy and a Type 4. Both 8oz. Never tried Type 4, but I'm in love with Buttery Soy. Ever since that Blk Friday a few years ago when a glitch allowed us to get 16ouncers for 50% off, I've been putting a 16oz in my cart just to be sure someone didn't make another mistake. :lol:

This vendor has excellent Customer Service!

I contacted her directly via e-mail to express a concern about a hair in one of my products.

She replied within eleven minutes. They're sending a replacement today, and I already received the tracking info.

In addition, she was very pleasant and apologized.

There was no drawn out waiting for a response, or having to go through PayPal etc.

I loved the performance of Type 4 that I got last year from Hattache, during BF. But, I gave it away, because it smelled like Mentos. :nono:

I agree @MileHighDiva , I do find her stuff to have a rather medicinal smell instead of the cookies / cake / fruity / coconutty vibe I'm used to with most hair products... However, I have always loved the results I get from them.
I guess layering with "smelly" stuff would help!

I hit her BF sale up again this year but decided to try new products I haven't used before. I got the Olive You light conditioner, the Olive You Deep Conditioner, the Honey Love Pomade, Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease, the Organic Hair Oil and the Systematic Deep Conditioner. I already love, love, love the Buttery Soy, Type 4 hair cream, Honey hair mask, the Aloe Vera Leave in Treatment and I'm "in like" with the Twist Out cream and the Honey Love Moisturizer. Have a couple of things I bought a while ago that I have not tried yet but my hair is almost always happy with her stuff.

@Tibbar, her other products that I have don't really have a smell. They're neutral, but the Type 4 smelled liked Mentos to me.

Your stuff smells medicinal?

@Tibbar, her other products that I have don't really have a smell. They're neutral, but the Type 4 smelled liked Mentos to me.

Your stuff smells medicinal?

@MileHighDiva -- Well, I guess not really medicinal, but not really good either.... I don't know, most of "our" products have some kind of good smell to them, and to me her stuff really doesn't. It's just <<<blah>>> -- or a hint of something just not a good something... Like slightly minty, or slightly spicy, or slightly citrusy....I don't know... it works though... :spinning: I've liked the results, just not the smell... not enough to make me give it away though 'cause my hair likes it...
if she's happy, I'm happy.. :afro:

@Tibbar

I Agree. While maybe not necessarily "Medicinal" they just have a rather plain, non-descript scent.

I just finished up - Honey Hair Mask. While Highly Effective, despite it's runniness, it does not smell anything like Honey. Nor does the Buttery Soy smell "Buttery" per se.

I agree though, all the scents are quite bland and plain (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and I've tried just about everything in this particular line.

I would hate for them to be overly scented, that can also be bad.

@Tibbar

I Agree. While maybe not necessarily "Medicinal" they just have a rather plain, non-descript scent.

I just finished up - Honey Hair Mask. While Highly Effective, despite it's runniness, it does not smell anything like Honey. Nor does the Buttery Soy smell "Buttery" per se.

I agree though, all the scents are quite bland and plain (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and I've tried just about everything in this particular line.

I would hate for them to be overly scented, that can also be bad.

I agree about the scents. The Honey Hair Mask definitely doesn't smell like honey. The worst scented dc is the Olive You. I couldn't take that smell. It was terrible. Other than that, the other things I've tried have worked well.

I agree about the scents. The Honey Hair Mask definitely doesn't smell like honey. The worst scented dc is the Olive You. I couldn't take that smell. It was terrible. Other than that, the other things I've tried have worked well.

Oh man, I just bought the Olive You DC from her Black Friday sale. I did not smell it when I got it as I do with most other products, just because I have no expectations of a good scent from her product line.... I hope it's not too bad. I will check it out later, I may use MYHC for my wash day this weekend. I've been using the Shea Moisture JBCO line lately... I'm still not convinced about the SM JBCO stuff I got. May use it up and not repurchase.

@Tibbar

Yep. I Agree with Ms. @Froreal3 about Olive You's scent.

But, it wasn't bad enough for me not to repurchase and use several times.

Overall it's a good product.

Her DC'er prices are on the High side which is a big deterrent for me.

For what she charges for 8oz I can get x2 of something else, someplace else.

I will continue to buy the things I buy from her though. (Honey Mask, Buttery Soy, Type 4) and whatever else I can scrounge around on during a decent Sale.

@Tibbar

Yep. I Agree with Ms. @Froreal3 about Olive You's scent.

But, it wasn't bad enough for me not to repurchase and use several times.

Overall it's a good product.

Her DC'er prices are on the High side which is a big deterrent for me.

For what she charges for 8oz I can get x2 of something else, someplace else.

I will continue to buy the things I buy from her though. (Honey Mask, Buttery Soy, Type 4) and whatever else I can scrounge around on during a decent Sale.

Same here. Buttery Soy, Type 4 and that's pretty much it for me.

I do like her products -- a lot, but I strictly buy on Black Friday, or if Curl Mart has a good sale. Her deep conditioners I would only buy on a 50% off sale otherwise they are too high.... I also find a little goes a long way with her products so I can do a once a year purchase and be ok especially since she is not my only vendor... definitely a fav though.

I just smelled the Olive You Deep conditioner I bought on BF. While it is not pleasantly scented, I don't find the scent to be off putting. I can deal with the scent especially if it works well.

@Tibbar

Gurl...all this MHC Talk you doin' lately is making me want to revisit it, hard. :laugh:

We use to all go in on this early in U1B1 but other Vendors came into the mix and the prices......and the rest is history.:yawn:

However, it is still a good solid line.

You are absolutely right about not needing too much to get the job done.

I still always make it a point to keep Buttery Soy and Honey Hair Mask someplace in my Stash.

And if Type 4 works good for me they will be in there too.

Even her Hair Lotions were good. But slightly overpriced compared to a lot others.

@Tibbar

Gurl...all this MHC Talk you doin' lately is making me want to revisit it, hard. :laugh:

We use to all go in on this early in U1B1 but other Vendors came into the mix and the prices......and the rest is history.:yawn:

However, it is still a good solid line.

You are absolutely right about not needing too much to get the job done.

I still always make it a point to keep Buttery Soy and Honey Hair Mask someplace in my Stash.

And if Type 4 works good for me they will be in there too.

Even her Hair Lotions were good. But slightly overpriced compared to a lot others.

@IDareT'sHair I agree MHC is a good solid line, so come on back over.... :bouncegreen:

and I will say that I have learned about many a good (and bad!) vendor by reading your posts ... so keep it up and thanks!
Oh and I really like that Honey Hair mask, I stumbled across a sample of it and it made my hair so soft even though it seems runny and looks like it will be ineffective.

Oh and I really like that Honey Hair mask, I stumbled across a sample of it and it made my hair so soft even though it seems runny and looks like it will be ineffective.

@Tibbar

This is Bae:2inlove: That's some good stuff right there.

When Product Junkie Diva counted 10 Jars in one of her BF Videos.....I was like, now I don't feel so bad.:angel:

I hope she keeps the price point where it is too ($10.00)

Back