MYHONEY CHILD PRODUCTS

IME, the Type 4 is the Buttery Soy with a steroid kick. Although it has the same consistency as the Buttery Soy, it outperforms it with respect to the level of softness, smoothing, shine and moisture retention it provides. It's an excellent sealant and styler because the amount of definition and hold it offers is somewhat sick. It can be a bit oily if one uses the same amount of product they would use with the Buttery Soy. IOW, it is best to use less of the Type 4 in order to receive more than the Buttery Soy can offer. FWIW, a close contender to the Type 4 in shine, smoothness, softness and moisture retention would be the SNBE Wisdom Cream (just throwing a tidbit out there since BF/CM is just around the corner).

@PJaye

Great Post. :goodone:

This clears some things up for me regarding Type4 vs Buttery Soy. I've purchased BS for years and wanted to possible look at something different. So, maybe this year, I'll pick up Type 4.

I am still looking for something 'Wetter' that compares to SNBE "Dream Cream.

SNBE temporarily suspended that product and several others. I have Wisdom, but something about her MSM bothers my Scalp and unfortunately the jar of Wisdom I have has MSM.:cry3:

I also have her Leave-In Keratin Crème which closely resembles the Dream Cream (as a "Wet" Crème/Butter).

I need to see how my Hair responds to Keratin. I'm not sure if I want to use that daily?

I'll also look at MHC 50%. I've never bought from her BF, because I don't buy enough to qualify for Free Shipping and her shipping costs are High. So, I will look at it with the possible 50% and see where her ship costs leaves me.

@PJaye

Great Post. :goodone:

This clears some things up for me regarding Type4 vs Buttery Soy. I've purchased BS for years and wanted to possible look at something different. So, maybe this year, I'll pick up Type 4.

I am still looking for something 'Wetter' that compares to SNBE "Dream Cream.

SNBE temporarily suspended that product and several others. I have Wisdom, but something about her MSM bothers my Scalp and unfortunately the jar of Wisdom I have has MSM.:cry3:

I also have her Leave-In Keratin Crème which closely resembles the Dream Cream (as a "Wet" Crème/Butter).

I need to see how my Hair responds to Keratin. I'm not sure if I want to use that daily?

I'll also look at MHC 50%. I've never bought from her BF, because I don't buy enough to qualify for Free Shipping and her shipping costs are High. So, I will look at it with the possible 50% and see where her ship costs leaves me.

Are you looking for a wet creme/butter to use as a leave in, styler or moisturizer/refresher? Off the top of me head and depending upon your intended use, these products have a wet, creamy, thick consistency:

Bask Palm Tapioca HC
Lace Natural More Moisture Cream
Texture Me Natural Amla & Avocado LI
Texture Me Natural Cupuacu & Baobob Cream
Texture Me Natural Moisture Cream
Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding
CRN Almond Jai Butter
Curluxe Buttercream Curl Souffle
Curluxe Twist & Define Cream
Coco Curls Moisture Styling Crème
Naturalee Coffee Bean Twisting Cream
Naturalee Olive & Jojoba Buttercream
SN Absolute Moisture
Sister’s Keeper Dip Hair & Body Moisturizer

Many of these are similar in consistency to either the Jakeala Hair Butter or the APB Hair Cremes with some being thicker and creamier; but all have a wet, creamy, thick consistency. Is that what you’re looking for? I've never used the SNBE Dream Cream, so I'm unfamiliar with its consistency.

@PJaye

Very Nice list. Thank you for Posting it.:hug2:

Someone in the Oils/Butta's/Creams Thread also mentioned Bekura Tapioca.

And I also wanted something with "no hold". To use as a Moisturizer/Refresher.

This list gives me some more options to think about.:up:

A lot of items I've never tried. Great List.

@PJaye

Given your criterion, I would recommend any of the TMN creams, especially the Moisture Cream and Amla LI. They offer everything I require in a refresher - shine, smoothing, softness and longlasting moisture along with decent ingredient lists and nice sized jars (12oz).

Just remembered Hairveda's Whipped Clouds (it may also get me what I'm looking for as far as a duplicate SNBE's Dream Cream).

I've used it before, but it's been a minute.

I'll add that to my list. Hopefully, it will be Back In Stock soon.

Will still definitely pick up Type 4 and may re up on Buttery Soy. (Although I still have a Jar from Last BF)

Ended Up Finding another MHC Buttery Soy in my Stash.:look:

So, BF I will pick up another Type 4 as a back-up.

I also ended up getting HV's Whipped Clouds.

And I may pick up another BM Luscious Crème.

@PJaye

I 2nd trying the Bekura Palm Tapioca. I don't particularly care for the nutty scent, but the consistency is beautiful and it moisturizes pretty good too.

@shawnyblazes
Interesting. :scratchchin:
Since I already have Type4, I wonder if I should pick up Type 3 (for research purposes).:brainy:

Same with QB. I like both Amala Heavy Cream and the Burdock Root Crèam and buy both.

For a Heavier and Lighter Crème.

The type 4 tends to be too heavy for me. I can actually use it to twist with, the type 3 is moisturizing and sinks in great for my hair.

@shawnyblazes

Speaking of the DC'ers.....I do have x2 Honey Hair Masks in my Stash.

Out of all of them, that is the only one I keep buying. I use to buy So Deep and Olive You regularly, but haven't in a long time.

Regarding the Hair Milks, I use to use the Afrikoko and one other milk, but moved on.

@MileHighDiva @shawnyblazes

I notice none of MHC's products really smell like much.

Almost an unscented generic type scent.

I couldnt stand the Olive You scent though. I wonder if she revamped. Im in an out of protective styles so much Im on my last deep conditioner with her. I wanna buy more gor BF but she took all the 4oz sizes off the site last year and ruined my poor pj heart.

Back