My Review of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Lady_q_tee

If your contemplating buying this, this is a must have

I finally got my hands on some Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie thanks to one of my fellow Youtubers. It is hard for me being in the USA, because many of the great natural products tend to me made and distributed in the UK, thus I have to pay quite a lot of money to have them shipped to the UK.

Video Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_2rR9qGt0

Initially when I received this product I was very excited to try it after hearing mostly great reviews, the smell seemed yummy, emitting a mild floral fragrance. The first time I used this product was straight after my leave in, and when dried my hair felt very sticky as if I has drowsed it in oil.

The second time I used this product I decided to use it on dry hair and sealed with 100% organic unrefined coconut oil, the results were like day and night. My hair felt extremely soft, moisturised and supple. After colouring my hair I has been having an uphill struggle trying to get my hair to co-operate and feel moisturised...Shea Moisture was a god send to me!!

I would call this product a “light proteinser”, yes I have made up a word for it, because after all this product is through unique, it moisturises (and very well), whilst also adding strength to the hair strands with its ingredients, such as silk protein and neem oil which will aid in reducing breakage whilst adding smoothness and silkiness to your hair.

The only two reservations I have about this product are one, the name. I believe it has been marketed wrong perhaps as it didn’t “enhance” my curls at all, maybe someone with a looser hair texture from mine has more success in it defing their curls..if you did let me know. Secondly, the yummy floral scent that this product gives of, tends to turn into a sickly smell after around three days causing me to re-wash my hair sooner that I originally plan to.

Overall, I love this product and if the opportunity presented itself to me again to purchase this product at a reasonably price I would definitely without a shadow of a doubt jump at the chance.
I give this product a 9/10

2iwav7m.jpg
(three months after BC, and three weeks cusing shea moisture, my hair is sooo soft and supple)

Curl Enhancing Smoothie Contains: de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Macadamia Ternifolia seed oil, Mangifera Indica (mango) seed butter*, Persea Gratissima (avocado) oil, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) oil*, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, silk protein, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) seed oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil, Caprylyl glycol, Sorbitol Esters, essential oil blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract and Tocopherol (vitamin E). *Denotes certified organic ingredients.

Last edited:
Nice Review. I had absolutely no interest in this Product Line and a Cousin (who I was swapping products with) send me the Deep Conditioning Hair Masque in with my "Swap":look:.

I haven't tried it yet, but I did purchase the Shea Moisture Restorative Hair Exlir which is an Oil Spritz.

I love it. Now, I am curious about the Deep Conditioning Masque and will have to pull that one out soon.

But I do plan to definitely repurchase the Exlir/Oil/Spritz. Very Nice and it smells wonderful.

i like the product...but i hate the scent. HATE IT. its waaay to strong and sometimes makes me not wanna open the jar to use it.

Nice Review. I had absolutely no interest in this Product Line and a Cousin (who I was swapping products with) send me the Deep Conditioning Hair Masque in with my "Swap":look:.

I haven't tried it yet, but I did purchase the Shea Moisture Restorative Hair Exlir which is an Oil Spritz.

I love it. Now, I am curious about the Deep Conditioning Masque and will have to pull that one out soon.

But I do plan to definitely repurchase the Exlir/Oil/Spritz. Very Nice and it smells wonderful.

Thank you, i'd love to try other products from the range. The oil spritz sounds divine.

I have heard the masque is better as a leave in that a treatment

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GT-I9000

i like the product...but i hate the scent. HATE IT. its waaay to strong and sometimes makes me not wanna open the jar to use it.

lol, maybe your batch is stronger than mine..it does on the packaging colour and aroma may vary..mine gets a sickly aroma after a few days on my hair

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GT-I9000

I recently tried this product and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use it. I think I used too much the first time I tried it (I can be a bit heavy handed) and I didn't use it on freshly washed hair. So it made my hair feel a bit greasy. But that could have been because my hair needed to be washed and had other products in it.

Though I did find that I liked it when I used it to "shingle" hair that needed to be washed as a way to refresh my style. It had a similar effect on my curls as Cantu Shea Butter, but I think I liked the Shea Moisture better (esp. since it can be used with gel if need be). I do think it enhanced my curls, but I'd need to try it more consistently before I stand by that. Btw, I loosely consider myself a 3c/4a.

The masque is definately better as a leave in. If I use it as a deep conditioner I have to mix some olive oil in it to make my hair actually come out soft. But as a leave in its fab as is. I'm 3c/4a. My 4a is located around the edges along the whole permeter of my head all the way around. It needs more moisture than the rest of my hair and if I put the masque on it makes that part of my hair sooo soft.

I've used it on twist outs and it works well for that. I recent tried it on a WnG with only a leave in under it and it worked out well. I ended up "plopping" my hair with an old t-shirt and my curls was defined and I didn't get the end-of-the-day frizz despite not using gel.

The smell is strong though. Whenever I use it, everyone always comments how good I smell. I like it, but the smell gets old after a while.

I purchased this product at my local Walgreens, and I liked it but i really dont like the smell. Maybe its just me but i dont like the florally scent, I would have loved to just smell the actual smell of the ingredients. But I will say that i didnt like the deep conditioning mask that is also sold by that brand.

I don't think this products moisturizes but I love it. It slicks my edges down and defines my waves while makng my edges shiny. I only use this product on the perimeter I can't imagine using it for braid outs as it provides no moisture. I tried to upload a pic but its not working so forget it.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

I have the deep treatment masque I use it as a leave in came across it like 3 weeks ago at my local walgreens....and I love it ...will be one of my staples

I don't think this products moisturizes but I love it. It slicks my edges down and defines my waves while makng my edges shiny. I only use this product on the perimeter I can't imagine using it for braid outs as it provides no moisture. I tried to upload a pic but its not working so forget it.y

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Here are the pictures I couldn't upload on my phone. I just used the smoothie around the perimeter with some eco and my hair was so fly.

071211192813.jpg

071211192725.jpg

071211192819.jpg

Back