Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

My natural naps hate it. I flat ironed for the 1st time and my hair loves it when its straightened only. weird that it has 2 different reactions to it. leaves it a bit greasy, but if i twist overnight, its mostly soaked in by the morning. mostly.

My natural naps hate it. I flat ironed for the 1st time and my hair loves it when its straightened only. weird that it has 2 different reactions to it. leaves it a bit greasy, but if i twist overnight, its mostly soaked in by the morning. mostly.

I've never tried any shea moistur prod. but to the quote above I noticed that with my natural hair. Being a frequent heat user --as a natural-- I have come to a conclusion that if my hair is not stretched out enough--and/or my porosity is too high/low-- my hair has a tough time receiveing the nutrients from anything I use. Now my natural puffs are stretching out--with heat and/or banning-- that I can just add mango butter and band for a while 20-30 min. and I have a curly puff with little to no ssk's and plenty of moisture. Sorry I'm off topic.

My hair loves this stuff my jar is almost gone and if I cant get my QB AOHC this will be my next choice

lamaria211 That is good to know, because I have been dyin to try QB AOHC. I havent purchased it because the site is closed down and I really want to try a sample before throwing down 20 bucks on it lol. I just discovered SM CES a week or two ago and it has been a Godsend for my transitioning hair as far as moisture.

My bestie wanted me to try this about a year ago. It moisturized and defined well. I used it for a twistout. It smells delicious. The closest thing to my favorite staples - Qhemet Biologics - that I've tried. In fact, I'm running out of BRBC and I'll probably purchase this product until I can order more.

Leslie_C said:
lamaria211 That is good to know, because I have been dyin to try QB AOHC. I havent purchased it because the site is closed down and I really want to try a sample before throwing down 20 bucks on it lol. I just discovered SM CES a week or two ago and it has been a Godsend for my transitioning hair as far as moisture.

The QB AOHC is worth its weight im gold:) super moisturizing and it last more than a day

I love it, works for me like QB BRBC
very moisturizing with light hold, I like my twist outs fluffy so that works for me.

If i want a firmer hold I just add some aloe vera gel over it

I dont like the smell
it sat on top on my hair(both my weave and natural hair)
i tried it so many different ways and it's just not for me

i gave the smoothie and the lotion to my coworker who's enjoying them.

I purchased a container of this recently. I haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try on my next wash day.

january noir

:wave:

How long have you been transitioning? How are you using this product?

Allandra
I am in the beginning stages; only 6 months and 3 weeks.

I use a lot if the Shea Moisture line, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
My hairdresser uses them in different ways when I go and I use the Curl Milk and Curl Smoothie as daily moisturizers. I massage into the new growth and detangle and pull back into a bun or pony. I use Hick's Edges to smooth my edges.

@Allandra
I am in the beginning stages; only 6 months and 3 weeks.

I use a lot if the Shea Moisture line, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
My hairdresser uses them in different ways when I go and I use the Curl Milk and Curl Smoothie as daily moisturizers. I massage into the new growth and detangle and pull back into a bun or pony. I use Hick's Edges to smooth my edges.
january noir

Thanks, and congratulations on transitioning. :up:

Back