RAVE: Anyone else in love with Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie? YUM!

Re: RAVE: Anyone else in love with Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie? YU

I might have to try this...

Re: RAVE: Anyone else in love with Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie? YU

I just bought some of this the other day. I hope it works out. Thanks for the review

Now I wanna try this..... *Calls nearest Target to see if it's in stock*

Nice - I actually didn't know much about this line but noticed it when I was in Target. I don't need another product but of course after spending time reading about Shea Moisture, Jane Carter, Curlz and sumthin else I had to buy. I purchased the elixir and the the conditioning masque. Great prices for natural products. Guess I made a good choice!

Has anyone tried their shea butter deep conditioner? It's in a jar. It sure looks yummy :lick:. Lawd, I've been on a hair product buying kick for the past few months :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: . I can just imagine that all natural conditioner sitting on my hair w/ heat for 30 minutes :cloud9::love2:

I jst bought it on Wednesday but won't try it until next week. Let's compare notes then! :yep:

I bought this yesterday. Haven't tried any new products in a long time, and about twice a year I will try something totally new to see if my hair likes it or not.

I have my hair in a twisted ponytail, I used only Giovanni Direct Leave-In as a styling aid. Last night, I applied the curly smoothie to section of my ponytail and twisted, making about 6-7 twists from my ponytail.

Normally my hair doesn't like creamy products---this product is AMAZING!!! My curls were extremely soft and defined without feeling sticky. My hair is beyond moisturized. It smells wonderful!!! I am really surprised by this product and the price was very reasonable $9.99 for 12 oz jar.

I don't know if I can use it when I do twist-outs--I like lots of hold for my twist-outs. But for my ponytail (which I wear as much as twist outs), this will be a staple product for me.

I am patiently waiting to try this product when I am completely natural.. So many products I try not sure if I am getting the full effects while transtioning.. I guess my NG can get the full effects..

I haven't fallen in love yet but it is a good product and it's great that you can buy in stores vs. online. I'm trying to get away from online stuff and this has good ingredients. I'm pretty sure I'm bias though because I hate the smell! Everyone seems to find it delicious but I do not like. It smells similar to that Cantu stuff which I hate. If I liked the smell I'd probably really be into the product more.

i need this in my life!

I used this stuff and believe me, I loooooove the scent and I had high hopes but it makes my scalp itch like none other!!:nono: uuuuuughghghhghg!

This stuff is my crack rock. No other moisturizer will ever touch my hair!

This stuff is my crack rock. No other moisturizer will ever touch my hair!

Wow. That's some accolade... I wonder how I can get hold of this in the UK? I have an aunt in the US perhaps I can get Target to deliver to her then she can post it to me?

Hey Ladies just saw this on Curly Nikki Site Shea Moisture is coming to Walgreens April 1st so maybe the ladies who are having trouble finding it in Target can find it in Walgreens..

Tysm for the review!! I saw this a few days ago, and was in love with the texture and the scent is to die for! Will be purchasing some Friday. Smh, lhcf has my debit card on fire I swear lol

I tried the curl smoothie once and was not at all impressed. Granted it may have been too hyped up and my expectations were WAY too high. I tried SM Deep Penetrating Masque and THAT, I like! :yep: I haven't used it as a deep conditioner but only as a leave in, sealing with shea butter and it is wonderful! :lick: I haven't given up on the smoothie yet but will probably have to tweak it/ use with something else. But right now, I'm just going to keep lovin' the DPM.

all the targets close to me are out of stock :cry:

I've used their products that is in the older packaging and did not know this was the same company.. They have a shea butter leave in conditioner and that stuff is thick just like shea butter and it gave my hair great moisture.. That was when I was relax.. I may have to give this a try again..

Here are the ingredients for anyone who's interested.

Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie: deionized water , shea butter, macademia ternifolia seed oil, mango seed butter, avaocado oil, coconut oil, aloe barbadenis leaf extract, silk protein, neem seed oil, carrot seed oil, capryly glycol, sorbitol esters, essentail oil blwnd, honeysuckle flower, japanese honeysuckle flower extract, vitamin e

:love: :lick: :love:

I want to like it so bad but it does not agree with my hair at all.
I have used it in braid and twist out's and it leaves my hair sticky. I don't care for it at all. The smell is amazing though.

I wish my hair would like it because it's easy to get hold of and it pretty inexpensive.

I bought this a couple of days ago and used it after a cowash. I DEFINITELY used too much of the product, so I can't really give it a proper review. I will use it again when I wash my hair. But next time I won't be so heavy handed. A little DEFINITELY goes a long way.

Sent from my HTC Evo using the Long Haircare Forum app.

Bumping.......

Happy Hair Growing!

I tried the smoothie and it's no go for me but as other said it smell awesome.

I used it as a daily refresher on a braid-out. It smelled yummy and a got many compliments on how I smelled, but after a few days I noticed it left a build up on my hair. It made it sticky and hard to finger comb.

Bumping more review.....

Happy Hair Growing!

The curl enhancing smoothie leaves my hair so moisturized. I love that stuff!

I bought this from Target and I am unimpressed. Perhaps if it didn't have "curl enhancing" in the name I would have different expectations. It definitely does nothing to enhance my curls. I tried it on a twist out and it worked okay. A little goes a long way and the smell is pleasant. I will use it until it is gone but it is not a product that I will repurchase.

I did not like this product initially because I used it on wet, freshly washed hair for a braidout. My braidout came out dry with a grayish cast to it. I never used it again until about a month ago when I rediscovered it, and used it for a DRY braidout. My braidout was moisturized, shiny, had hold, yet was touchable. I LOVE this stuff now. I use it to reset braidouts, twistouts, or when I slick my hair back into a ponytail. This is now one of my HG products.

My hair in my avatar is a 2 week old braidout revived with Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

it did nothing for my hair..

i will put it in my stash and revisit later.

The ingredients sound heavenly! I've been looking for good, reasonably-priced natural products that I don't have to specifically order online. Will be stopping at Target tomorrow! :yep:

Hopefully all the RDU/Triangle chicas with natural hair haven't read this thread and gotten all the jars! I would be disappointed! OP your hair is gorgeous and you are such a pretty lady! I was smiling the whole time I read your post...so funny but thanks so much for the rave! :grin:

I LOVE this stuff. I'm CHEAP when it comes to products lol, so it was a mini-splurge but I love it. My hair was soft, shiny, and smelled yummy. I also have some of the line's skin car products. The moisture is AMAZING.

Back